Moon Square Uranus?

normak

Hi everyone,

I have a question about a new man I'm seeing. When I'm with him, I can't figure out how I should proceed; does this relationship have any future? I vacillate between feeling really positive about things and then not even being sure if I want to date him at all. If I date him, I'd want to with the presumption that I would be doing this long-term. I looked at our composite chart and it mentioned a Moon Square Uranus aspect, along with an explanation that really disturbed me. There were some other harsh aspects, but this one was by far the "worst." Anyone have any insight when looking at our chart(?):

Synastry:
http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_61ast_01_05_kathryn_reilly_christopher_tomlin.68477.28742.gif&res=100&va=&cid=khcfileCzNBgh-u1111612790

Composite:
http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_621ast_01_05_kathryn_reilly_christopher_tomlin.68596.30671.gif&res=100&va=&cid=khcfileCzNBgh-u1111612790

I realized before that the links I posted had expired, for some reason. No wonder I wasn't getting any responses!

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi Normak,

I can see from the no. of posts that you are pretty new in this community, so welcome aboard, firstly.:)

As our Forum Rules read (see threads & posts section), we encourage members to make an attempt (no matter how elementary- astrologically) at answering their questions on their own first and sharing with us their own astro interpretation of the chart(s) they post. Others will then jump in and add further details, but we need to see that the querent is making efforts at getting his/her teeth into Astrology.

Thank you
:)aquarius7000

normak

Unfortunately, I don't have much knowledge of astrology, although I learned a fair amount from clicking on "partner horoscope analysis" at Astrodienst.

As for my experience in this relationship so far, it has been intense but unsettling. We have excellent communication skills and have much in common, both values-wise and interest-wise. However, the way in which our relationship was started (as my boyfriend in an open marriage) is difficult for me to get past. There is a lot of guilt, and also, lack of security, partly because I am leaving a secure situation (marriage), no matter how unhappy I was. This man also has not had much experience with serious romantic relationships, and, although he has demonstrated sincerity and willingness to work at it no matter the outcome, I am still recovering from my inability to trust in an intimate relationship and am having difficulty committing.

Astrologically, one thing I noticed in our composite chart is that our composite Sun is located in the 7th house. I'm assuming that this is an auspicious placement concerning long-term relationships? We are somewhat well-aspected, but the one major red flag that stood out to me was this Moon Square Uranus aspect. Not only is it the only aspect concerning composite Uranus, but it is indicative of a short-lived, unstable relationship(!). Also, there are some pretty heavy aspects re: Pluto that seem to be somewhat difficult to overcome (Venus Opp. Pluto!). It seems to me that composite Venus in the 1st house is an auspicious placement for a romantic relationship (long-term), although, placement of the Moon in the 5th house may indicate that this is more of a "physically-focused" relationship(?). Composite Mercury and Pluto are also located in the 7th house, perhaps lending an element of "fate" to the relationship (Pluto), and also emphasizing Mercury as a positive factor (good communication/partnership). Saturn in the 6th house means we would work well together? Overall, I'm making observations based on the composite chart, and I may be way off-base, but if anyone could lend some insight, I would REALLY appreciate it. Also, I apologize for the newbie-ish manner in which I requested information without really giving much background. I suppose this whole situation has gotten me all in a panic (marriage separation/new relationship). However, I don't feel that I'm completely astrologically clueless. :D Thanks in advance!

starlink

Normak, I have read through your posts and would like to suggest that you first of all try to get a very good understanding about astrology, just interpreting a natal chart by itself, before you even start with synastry and composite charts. It took me at least 10 years of intens astrology studying before I finally jumped to doing synastry and I have come back from it, because I get far more information about the two separate charts, then from the synastry. It is mighty complicated for someone who only has some knowledge derived from astro.com analysis of partner horoscopes. Those are all computerised and I absolutely NEVER would look at that.
Please try to get a good book on basic astrology and start from there. Try to figure out how your boyfriend is by looking at his aspects and see if that would work together with how you act and react. How is his Mercury aspected, where is it placed and in which sign? This would give you an insight into how he talks and thinks. Is that what you would like in a partner? Do you also talk and think similarly? do this for every personal planet, Sun, Moon especially. Are they both Earth, Water, Fire of Air? If one is in Air, the other in Water, you have a problem already. See, things like that will give you loads of information. Synastry only complicates things and is for advanced astrologers.

Good luck, Starlink

normak

starlink said:
Normak, I have read through your posts and would like to suggest that you first of all try to get a very good understanding about astrology, just interpreting a natal chart by itself, before you even start with synastry and composite charts. It took me at least 10 years of intens astrology studying before I finally jumped to doing synastry and I have come back from it, because I get far more information about the two separate charts, then from the synastry. It is mighty complicated for someone who only has some knowledge derived from astro.com analysis of partner horoscopes. Those are all computerised and I absolutely NEVER would look at that.
Please try to get a good book on basic astrology and start from there. Try to figure out how your boyfriend is by looking at his aspects and see if that would work together with how you act and react. How is his Mercury aspected, where is it placed and in which sign? This would give you an insight into how he talks and thinks. Is that what you would like in a partner? Do you also talk and think similarly? do this for every personal planet, Sun, Moon especially. Are they both Earth, Water, Fire of Air? If one is in Air, the other in Water, you have a problem already. See, things like that will give you loads of information. Synastry only complicates things and is for advanced astrologers.

Good luck, Starlink
I was looking through some old posts and I felt compelled to respond to this one because I have learned quite a bit more since my original post and would appreciate some feedback on what I have learned. I also wanted to say that I do natal and synastry readings for other people and have been reading books on the subject for years. I do have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject, whether or not it comes across in my posts. Composites are a bit trickier for me because of their representation of the relationship from an outside point of view. For example, my composite with my boyfriend reflects very few Saturn contacts whereas in our synastry chart both are Saturns are well-aspected (despite some of the "heavier," more difficult contacts).

When I look at our composite chart, I see that we have a nice kite formation, with a grand fire trine (almost aside from that 0' 31" degree Taurus Venus) between Moon in the 5th, Neptune in the 8th, and Venus in the 1st (conjunct the Ascendant). The Sun and Mercury are in the 7th, conjunct. Also, Venus is very strong in this chart, placed in Taurus and conjunct the Ascendant, although Mars in Libra is not the best placement, and Saturn and Jupiter in the 6th along with Pluto and Mars seems to indicate an emphasis on the 6th house.

What worries me are the following: Venus opposes Pluto in the 6th (conjunct the Descendant), and Uranus is placed in the 7th squaring the 5th house Moon (this aspect being the ONLY aspect to Uranus). I am wondering, despite the overall pleasant-ness of the chart, how will this poorly placed Uranus manifest? There doesn't seem to be any instability in our relationship that would indicate a Uranus-related problem. I have posted the composite chart again for your thoughts. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Composite.gif
    Composite.gif
    77.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

MelissaM

Well Normak, what you need to do is to check his natal chart and also evaluate his personality when dating... You can get more information by knowing first his personality because this is from there when you have some knowledge if he is reliable for a long term relationship. If the person presents some mental, emotional, addictions problems, you will see that in the composite chart, there will be a prominent uranus, pluto challenging aspects to the personal planets... By looking into your composite chart I see that you have uranus makng a hard aspects to the personal planets such as: venus opposition uranus, moon square uranus, sun conjunction uranus, chiron opposition uranus... all these hard aspects will create a lot of instability, unexpected moments, lack of stability in your emotional state for you both. This is important to have good aspects or even some little challenging aspects of saturn w,ith the personal planets... if your composite had a little more of challenging saturn aspects with the personal planets, maybe you both would. have succeed to have a longer relationship... uranus brings intense feelings but also no expectations...uranus is very lazy of routines, it craves for independence while saturn brings stability, reponsibility, dedication. Count the hard aspects between saturn and uranus to the personal planets. Find which planet (saturn or uranus) has more challenging aspect to the personal inner planets...if uranus wins, just know that the relationship is too aflicted by uranus, the same with saturn, I don't see in your composite chart that saturn make enough good aspect for you to believe that the relationship will bring some kind of stability in him or in yourself. Couples with composite moon square uranus are always apart of each other, they share a little time together and then they just leave each other because of lack of understanding, maybe trust issues or one of you don't want to compromise or be in a serious relationship because of a personal issue. This aspect is shown in unconventional couples, in extramarital affairs or when one partner loves more than the other and that other doesn't want something serious. Take a time evaluating yourelf, astrology is a great tool for self discovery, study your chart and be true to yourself... always ask yourself: is he worth of my time and love? What I really want from a partner? what makes me happy? Loneliness is a friend at times, the more you think over things the better you will make good decisions and you won't regret later on.

normak

Well Normak, what you need to do is to check his natal chart and also evaluate his personality when dating... You can get more information by knowing first his personality because this is from there when you have some knowledge if he is reliable for a long term relationship. If the person presents some mental, emotional, addictions problems, you will see that in the composite chart, there will be a prominent uranus, pluto challenging aspects to the personal planets... By looking into your composite chart I see that you have uranus makng a hard aspects to the personal planets such as: venus opposition uranus, moon square uranus, sun conjunction uranus, chiron opposition uranus... all these hard aspects will create a lot of instability, unexpected moments, lack of stability in your emotional state for you both. This is important to have good aspects or even some little challenging aspects of saturn w,ith the personal planets... if your composite had a little more of challenging saturn aspects with the personal planets, maybe you both would. have succeed to have a longer relationship... uranus brings intense feelings but also no expectations...uranus is very lazy of routines, it craves for independence while saturn brings stability, reponsibility, dedication. Count the hard aspects between saturn and uranus to the personal planets. Find which planet (saturn or uranus) has more challenging aspect to the personal inner planets...if uranus wins, just know that the relationship is too aflicted by uranus, the same with saturn, I don't see in your composite chart that saturn make enough good aspect for you to believe that the relationship will bring some kind of stability in him or in yourself. Couples with composite moon square uranus are always apart of each other, they share a little time together and then they just leave each other because of lack of understanding, maybe trust issues or one of you don't want to compromise or be in a serious relationship because of a personal issue. This aspect is shown in unconventional couples, in extramarital affairs or when one partner loves more than the other and that other doesn't want something serious. Take a time evaluating yourelf, astrology is a great tool for self discovery, study your chart and be true to yourself... always ask yourself: is he worth of my time and love? What I really want from a partner? what makes me happy? Loneliness is a friend at times, the more you think over things the better you will make good decisions and you won't regret later on.

I wanted to take a moment to reply to your interpretation of my composite chart with my now-fiance (just celebrated 3 years!). I really appreciate you taking the time to interpret the composite chart. However, I did want to point out that the sole aspect to Uranus in our chart is Moon square Uranus, unless an orb of 20 or more degrees still "counts"? Uranus is at the very end of Scorpio and Venus is at the very beginning of Taurus (no Venus opposite Uranus). Sun and Mercury are also in very early Scorpio and therefore would make no aspect to Uranus. Chiron is also too far out of orb to make an aspect with Uranus, unless I'm wrong about the orbs.

Saturn is conjunct Mars and Jupiter, exalted in Libra (Uranus is exalted in Scorpio as well, but does not have as much of a connection to the rest of the chart).

Either way, some of your interpretation was correct- we have both had "issues" and have gone to counseling and support groups to get help with these issues.

I posted this chart a long time ago, and in many ways, I feel that looking at anyone's natal chart or composite with that person to determine if things will or won't "work out" is very unhealthy. I don't believe that an astrologer can interpret a couples' composite chart and tell them that a relationship won't last; they can merely point out some of the issues that may arise within the relationship. The future is not predetermined and people can take action to change unhealthy dynamics in their lives.

I attempted to delete my account about a year ago because I found that I was using astrology out of fear rather than self-discovery. That is the great danger with astrology- that it can so easily be used the "wrong way," especially when dealing with hurt people who are very sensitive and desperate to control their lives (a dark place that I've been trying to climb my way out of for years).

Last edited:

MelissaM

Right Normak, nobody can tell the future of somebody, we have the free will to make our own destiny. Being fanatical to a belief or religion is like an addiction to our soul...sometimes we must do what our heart wants in order to feel the happiness that we are all looking for. Keep living and learning :) Good luck and always take care of each other, love makes people stay together and tolerate their flaws.

BobZemco

I posted this chart a long time ago, and in many ways, I feel that looking at anyone's natal chart or composite with that person to determine if things will or won't "work out" is very unhealthy. I don't believe that an astrologer can interpret a couples' composite chart and tell them that a relationship won't last; they can merely point out some of the issues that may arise within the relationship. The future is not predetermined and people can take action to change unhealthy dynamics in their lives.

Boy are you going to be in for a big surprise.

Mars, the ruler of your Lot of Marriage is in Detriment and opposition to the Lot and Mercury (who is Out of Bounds) is in square. You will have a difficult time with marriage in general.

Your Sun is in Bicorporeal Sign and in aspect to an Oriental Planet, namely Saturn, so you should expect more than one marriage.

His Moon opposes your Sun, and your Moon in Fall in Scorpio makes a weak sextile without reception to his Sun (which explains the need for on-going counseling).

His Venus is exalted and makes a weak sextile from a Cadent House to your Saturn, and Venus receives Saturn by Sign, but your Saturn does not receive his Venus.

Your Venus is Out of Sect, and thus contrary to its nature and is inconjunct his Saturn.

His Sun, Jupiter and Saturn are Out-of-Sect and both Jupiter and Saturn are Peregrine and Jupiter is in Detriment. Make sure you know who he is.

He will stay with you, but not for the right reasons, and you'll eventually end up leaving.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

normak

BobZemco:

I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to respond to your post. I will say that, after looking at the composite chart posted 2 years ago, it was created based on the wrong birth time for my fiance. I don't really know if that would make a difference, either way. I don't necessarily care since I have a feeling I would get an overwhelmingly negative interpretation and a feeling of hopelessness that I don't need or deserve at this point in my life. I choose to believe in myself and in my fiance, and choose to have hope in my future.

My fiance and I have been through a lot since I originally started this thread. I do feel that I know him well, and he knows me well. We love each other and want to be together. We do have our problems and we have worked hard, both individually and together, to figure ourselves and our relationship out.

My comment about "predicting the future" was not meant to offend- maybe it was misunderstood? I'm not saying that anyone can change the fundamental aspects of their lives and who they are; I'm saying that people can work with what they have to create a better future. Obviously, if I'm not meant to be "President of Uganda," I won't be, but if I have the determination to change myself for the better, I can.

I have been married before and I know I have difficulty with relationships, primarily trust issues. Unfortunately, studying astrology (and your posts in particular) has only made these issues worse, and subsequently, the issues in my relationship worse. I have lived in fear of the future and have been working hard to change that tendency in myself.

I have no idea what life will send my way next, but I am working hard on myself, and that's all that matters to me. I still don't understand how someone who claims to be an astrologer can give someone an overwhelmingly hopeless reading and tell that person that their future is set in stone. [deleted response to attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

yyyyyyyy

Can you give me an update of this relationship? Recently I have received very good feedback of my synastry/composite with a guy and this is the only alarming negative aspect found in the composite

normak

Can you give me an update of this relationship? Recently I have received very good feedback of my synastry/composite with a guy and this is the only alarming negative aspect found in the composite

I am happy to report that we have been together for 4 years, have lived together for 3, and are now happily married. :smile: We work hard at times, but any relationship requires work. I find Moon square Uranus to be more representative of my own emotional instability (maybe because the Moon is often considered one of the "feminine" significators in a composite chart). I have a mood disorder which requires constant maintenance. Yay! Also, I learned not to be so fearful and fixated on astrology and each individual aspect(and the sometimes negative interpretations that people would give me). Take everything with a grain of salt :wink: and don't listen to those who make "ironclad" negative predictions. We can choose to take the difficult aspects of our chart, accept ourselves and our relationships for what they are, and always strive to improve and maintain optimism. I find the more positive energy I give, the more positive energy I receive. I wish you happiness with your relationship!

yyyyyyyy

I am happy to report that we have been together for 4 years, have lived together for 3, and are now happily married. :smile: We work hard at times, but any relationship requires work. I find Moon square Uranus to be more representative of my own emotional instability (maybe because the Moon is often considered one of the "feminine" significators in a composite chart). I have a mood disorder which requires constant maintenance. Yay! Also, I learned not to be so fearful and fixated on astrology and each individual aspect(and the sometimes negative interpretations that people would give me). Take everything with a grain of salt :wink: and don't listen to those who make "ironclad" negative predictions. We can choose to take the difficult aspects of our chart, accept ourselves and our relationships for what they are, and always strive to improve and maintain optimism. I find the more positive energy I give, the more positive energy I receive. I wish you happiness with your relationship!

Good for you! I'm happy for you. Thank you for your response and good wishes.

SC8

Hello, Folks,

what do you think both moon square uranus and sun trine saturn in the composite chart? in fact, uranus also square mecury/mars. I wonder if sun trine saturn bring any stable effort or longevity in this relationship?

I understand that this tread is almost a yaer ago. but I'd appreciate anyone can share some thoughts.

Thanks a lot!