Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Technique

Horary Technique This sub-board is the placeholder for all threads concerning theoretical and technical issues in horary astrology.

Unread 08-15-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
If we go back to step one on this thread, ChildofVenus writes about her "friend" being angry and "seeing each other again." , which is not necessarily romantic.
Then we move onto "Ok, so I asked if we would be sexually involved".
Just to point out that the houses in these sentences are shifting, and like Greybeard wrote, this is basic to interpreting the chart, so this presents a big problem.
Last week by coincidence two people sent me almost the identical chart, for completely two different queries, and there were two completely different answers. From basically the same chart, because the questions touched different houses.
With reference to ChildofVenus' chart, a friend would be the 11th house. Venus is the ruler of the 11th, inconjunct the ascendent ruler so not connecting there, and approaching an opposition to cold Saturn. So the answer would be no. Moon from the ascendent separates from easy trine with mercury to an inconjunct with separative Uranus confirming the negative.
"Would we be sexually involved?". This is a different question.
So here the "other" is 7th, and we look for connections between 7 and ascendent but also 5 (love affairs) and 8 (querent's sex). Now we have 7th ruler mercury approaching a conjunction with 5th ruler mars, in the querent's 8th house of sex. Mars moves towards a trine with retrograde Jupiter. So the answer to this question would be yes.
So you see, the precision of the question, and understanding what the question is, would be the first step to interpreting the chart. And this is so important.
Assigning the significators is essential, and if you don't get that right, the answer will be skewered. And the significators are assigned according to the houses involved in the question asked.
So heís not angry with me and we wonít see each other again. But we will have sex again? How? If we wonít see each other?

Unread 08-15-2019, 04:33 PM

Re: Does Sun represent the man and Venus the woman in relationship Horary charts?

You don't get to do so many questions with one chart!!
Unread 08-15-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
You don't get to do so many questions with one chart!!
Ok well I thought you could find answers to multiple questions with just one chart. Hence the reason why people say donít keep pulling charts sorry. So I guess it means sex in the future.
Unread 08-15-2019, 06:01 PM

Re: Does Sun represent the man and Venus the woman in relationship Horary charts?

I do not accept a question from a client unless and until I understand the question.

Here we have a muddled question...5, 7, 8, 11. How can a muddled question produce a useful answer?

Last edited by greybeard; 08-15-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Unread 08-15-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
I do not accept a question from a client unless and until I understand the question.

Here we have a muddled question...5, 7, 8, 11. How can a muddled question produce a useful answer?

ElenaJ answered I think she gave a good answer.
Unread 08-15-2019, 06:12 PM

The only thing I don't understand is how can two people have sex without seeing each other. But I apologize for the miscommunication. In all honestly, I should have just asked whether or not we would ever be sexually involved again because that's what I really wanted to know. I have my answer now so thanks.
Unread 08-15-2019, 06:14 PM

Muddled thinking, muddled life.

The purpose of horary astrology is not "to answer questions", but to provide sound guidance as we meet life's important situations.

I really don't think having sex with Charlie ranks as important, but it could be.
Unread 08-15-2019, 06:25 PM

I didn't say No. I asked how you would interpret that.

Look at Jupiter, which is You.
He is doubly dignified (rising, in domicile) but retrograde. Mars applies to the trine (9į) from 9th. How will we interpret that?

Last edited by greybeard; 08-15-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Unread 08-15-2019, 06:31 PM

You get 1 Question per chart...plus other questions that proceed from the original question.
Unread 08-15-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
You get 1 Question per chart...plus other questions that proceed from the original question.
Ok, so what does it mean when both of the sigs for the querent is in the same house that the question is about? For example, with this chart, I asked whether or not my friend and I would talk again. The ASC is in Scorpio so that means I'm Pluto and she's Mercury in the 9th house. Both of my sigs are in the 3rd house which is Pluto and the Moon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg talk.jpg (54.5 KB, 0 views)
Unread 08-15-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Muddled thinking, muddled life.

The purpose of horary astrology is not "to answer questions", but to provide sound guidance as we meet life's important situations.

I really don't think having sex with Charlie ranks as important, but it could be.
Sorry, I agree it's not THAT important but I do like sex I don't know why. I don't have a heavy 5th house but I do have a heavy 8th house with Mercury there. I think about sex a lot enough if I don't do it lol.
Unread 08-15-2019, 07:41 PM

In natal charts I use the 8th for "sex and sexuality". Also vital in analyzing sexuality are Venus, Mars and Pluto.

To the 5th I reserve "lovers and love affairs".

I don't know why you like sex. Maybe you should consult a psychiatrist.
Unread 08-15-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
In natal charts I use the 8th for "sex and sexuality". Also vital in analyzing sexuality are Venus, Mars and Pluto.

To the 5th I reserve "lovers and love affairs".

I don't know why you like sex. Maybe you should consult a psychiatrist.
Just because I like sex doesnít mean Iím crazy. Thatís part of being a human being. The 8th house is about sex, transformation, rebirth etc.
Unread 08-15-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I didn't say No. I asked how you would interpret that.

Look at Jupiter, which is You.
He is doubly dignified (rising, in domicile) but retrograde. Mars applies to the trine (9į) from 9th. How will we interpret that?
I said no because I read somewhere that if the sign changes before it make an aspect it means no.
Unread 08-15-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Exactly.
A horary in effect is the birth of a question in your mind. The moment when a question pops into your head, is the birth of that idea, and in the chart for that moment we can see the answer to the question.
If you have another question, you won't find the answer in the previous chart, unless, as Greybeard says, it's a question that is a result of or related to the first question.
Otherwise, you could ask one question in your life, and just continue looking at it for answers to endless questions, for years! But it doesn't work that way.

And, very important, as was written earlier, the question has to be clearly stated, so that the houses and the significators can be identified correctly.
Otherwise, it won't be a true answer, and it will be useless to the person who asked.
Unread 08-15-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Exactly.
A horary in effect is the birth of a question in your mind. The moment when a question pops into your head, is the birth of that idea, and in the chart for that moment we can see the answer to the question.
If you have another question, you won't find the answer in the previous chart, unless, as Greybeard says, it's a question that is a result of or related to the first question.
Otherwise, you could ask one question in your life, and just continue looking at it for answers to endless questions, for years! But it doesn't work that way.

And, very important, as was written earlier, the question has to be clearly stated, so that the houses and the significators can be identified correctly.
Otherwise, it won't be a true answer, and it will be useless to the person who asked.
So I have to pull another chart for the second question I asked then?
Unread 08-15-2019, 11:09 PM

You get 1 question per chart .... Did I stutter?
Unread 08-15-2019, 11:15 PM

Except when Moon is void of course.

Then you get the same answer for all the questions.

Last edited by greybeard; 08-15-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Unread 08-15-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
You get 1 question per chart .... Did I stutter?
Well, there is no need for you to be rude. If that's the case I don't need to ask another question since Elena already answered it.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 08-15-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Unread 08-15-2019, 11:28 PM

Told you Elena is a competent astrologer. Maybe she can get you straightened out.
Unread 08-15-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Told you Elena is a competent astrologer. Maybe she can get you straightened out.
I know that I never said she wasn't.
Unread 08-16-2019, 12:02 AM

So I pulled this chart back on the 12th of July after having a miscommunication with this guy. He said he thought us hooking up should just be a one-time thing. But I wanted to know whether or not we would have sex again. Hence the reason why I pulled this chart. That was actually the question that was listed on the chart so I got my answer.
Unread 08-16-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
So I pulled this chart back on the 12th of July after having a miscommunication with this guy. He said he thought us hooking up should just be a one-time thing. But I wanted to know whether or not we would have sex again. Hence the reason why I pulled this chart. That was actually the question that was listed on the chart so I got my answer.
This is where we went off the path, since we couldn't read what was written on the chart itself, and you gave a different question on the thread.
Anyway, if you now have the answer, that's fine. And next time, we'll be careful to be specific. Enjoy.
Unread 08-17-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
This is where we went off the path, since we couldn't read what was written on the chart itself, and you gave a different question on the thread.
Anyway, if you now have the answer, that's fine. And next time, we'll be careful to be specific. Enjoy.
I don't know It's just confusing I just asked another question similar to this one and got a different answer. Maybe it's because the question is too similar to this one. I'm just going to stop and take your answer to this chart.
Unread 08-18-2019, 03:24 AM

C of V...
One question. No multiple charts with slightly changed questions.
No superficial, flippant questions.
Emotional involvement.

Last edited by greybeard; 08-18-2019 at 03:28 AM.

Tags
charts, horary, relationship, represent, venus, woman