Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 08-01-2019, 04:53 AM

Do you attract your south node signs? or north node signs?

I think that I attract my south node signs quite a lot be it friends or dates. Eventually, after many years I found that they're really not healthy for my personal growth, is like they bog me down quite a lot. How about you?

Unread 08-01-2019, 05:18 AM

Re: Do you attract your south node signs? or north node signs?

One way i see it is that my south node is an open, moving thing and I am the one whoís not sufficiently centered enough to interact well with Sun / south friends. Itís not exactly theyíre dragging me down though the result might be similar.
I try to collect sun / north node friends (itís the easiest thing to identify). Itís not always a natural expression, the sun is so bright, & itís probably the planet I have near the north node that flavors the interaction most strongly.
Unread 08-01-2019, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoLibScoAsc View Post
I think that I attract my south node signs quite a lot be it friends or dates. Eventually, after many years I found that they're really not healthy for my personal growth, is like they bog me down quite a lot. How about you?
I'm surprised to hear the choice comes from NN/SN.
Attracting others usually links with ascendent/descendent, moon or sun.
Why do you think NN/SN is potent here?
Unread 08-01-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
I'm surprised to hear the choice comes from NN/SN.
Attracting others usually links with ascendent/descendent, moon or sun.
Why do you think NN/SN is potent here?
Personally I donít have the same wariness of the other points, innate or learned.

Life is busy so the ones we make time to see each other most I usually see a Saturn contact plus some other juicy ones.
Unread 08-01-2019, 06:31 AM

@ElenaJ
I learned from Lada, the astrologer. The NN(Rahu)/SN(ketu) is something very karmic and it also tells us about the journey, the goal in this lifetime, to achieve is the NN. The SN is sth we're very familiar with, is sth we should let go and we should move foward to NN and achieve it. She also mentioned relationships with regards to SN/NN and so I look into my charts and other people charts, I see a relation there most of the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to PlutoLibScoAsc For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (08-15-2019)
Unread 08-15-2019, 05:12 PM

No. I attract the crazies due to my seventh house lord sitting in the 12th. Least the chart gives me a nice warning.
Unread 08-15-2019, 05:21 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
I think that I attract my south node signs quite a lot be it friends or dates.
Which of your houses have a cusp in your south node sign? Or, if your south node sign is intercepted, which house is it in?

Do you have any planets in the same sign as your south node? If so, which house(s) do they rule?
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!

Last edited by Osamenor; 08-15-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Unread 08-15-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
@ElenaJ
I learned from Lada, the astrologer. The NN(Rahu)/SN(ketu) is something very karmic and it also tells us about the journey, the goal in this lifetime, to achieve is the NN. The SN is sth we're very familiar with, is sth we should let go and we should move foward to NN and achieve it. She also mentioned relationships with regards to SN/NN and so I look into my charts and other people charts, I see a relation there most of the time.
I've seen her videos on this topic and I like them very much, too.
However I think even she would agree that the nodes, important as they are, are not the first contacts to be evaluated. They add to the rest.
A planet sitting on someone else's north or south node can help shed light, but it's far from the only contact to look at.
Unread 08-15-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Hey PlutoLSA......

Personally i have always attracted and get attracted to Aries types. Loud aggressive cocky egotistical etc Aries is my descendant. However through the years Iím slowly moving from this and getting attracted to more intelligent calm ppl with ambition so still some Aries but without the ego and aggression.

I have heard before that one can attract south nodes too. My SN is Aquarius and I have had amazing Aquarius friends. Ones who I have had adventure and the best time of my life with however..... lol..... I couldnít carry on with this fun as there was no limits therefore causing me to get no where in life in general. So I kind of know where youíre coming from with SN
Unread 08-16-2019, 06:30 AM

"However through the years I’m slowly moving from this and getting attracted to more intelligent calm ppl with ambition"
I wonder if this has anything to do with the progression of your aires ascendent into taurus?
Unread 08-16-2019, 09:57 AM

I'm really not sure about the node thing. I only started to feel my nodes recently, and my nodes are the most unaspected thing in my chart. I don't see any pattern among the people I attract.
Unread 08-17-2019, 12:42 AM

Quote:
"However through the years Iím slowly moving from this and getting attracted to more intelligent calm ppl with ambition"
I wonder if this has anything to do with the progression of your aires ascendent into taurus?
Aries is my descendant but maybe it is progressing to Taurus 😍 it would match my cap sun 🌞😍

Iím not sure about the nodes and attraction though....
Unread 08-19-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Which of your houses have a cusp in your south node sign? Or, if your south node sign is intercepted, which house is it in?

Do you have any planets in the same sign as your south node? If so, which house(s) do they rule?
My 5deg south node is in 3rd house conjunct 9deg Uranus and 29deg Neptune.I can't find a nice video on uranus one. The one that I found says that I am rebel which I find untrue about me.
Unread 08-19-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I've seen her videos on this topic and I like them very much, too.
However I think even she would agree that the nodes, important as they are, are not the first contacts to be evaluated. They add to the rest.
A planet sitting on someone else's north or south node can help shed light, but it's far from the only contact to look at.
ElenaJ, Hkk,

Idk... my descendent is Aries 7th house (vedic) , Taurus 7th (placidus) but I really don't encounter many of Aries nor Taurus in my life, those that I remember don't even exceed my 3 little fingers... and we're not even close. Is so happen that my husband is Aries rising, Taurus sun which is pretty surprising to me. And one best friend with Sun Aqua but moon Aries, may be this one? My mom has plenty Aries but we're not even that close... I only started to get one or two quite close friend Taurus after reaching age 25+. Other than my husband, Aries is still nil for me. Well, I do admit I am attracted to sporty Aries but never dated one. I notice I attract Scorpio too, both male and female but Scorpio is 2nd house in vedic and 1st house in placidus.

So...the one that I notice is my south node Sag, they're the one making effort asking for my number, calling me and asking me out (dates or friends). Therefore, in my case I think I am attract more of my south node sign.

Last edited by PlutoLibScoAsc; 08-19-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Unread 08-19-2019, 01:30 PM

Is so happen that my husband is Aries rising "
Not at all surprising. Ascendent/descendent correspondence is one of the strongest links there is.
Unread 08-19-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Not at all surprising. Ascendent/descendent correspondence is one of the strongest links there is.
So true. Itís a strong connection
Unread 08-19-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
ElenaJ, Hkk
Sorry, I just edited my above comment with more info, like placidus and vedic etc. I think it surprise me because I really don't have many Aries friends or close friend... so yeah...

Last edited by PlutoLibScoAsc; 08-19-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Unread 08-19-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
ElenaJ, Hkk,

Idk... my descendent is Aries 7th house (vedic) , Taurus 7th (placidus) but I really don't encounter many of Aries nor Taurus in my life, those that I remember don't even exceed my 3 little fingers... and we're not even close. Is so happen that my husband is Aries rising, Taurus sun which is pretty surprising to me. And one best friend with Sun Aqua but moon Aries, may be this one? My mom has plenty Aries but we're not even that close... I only started to get one or two quite close friend Taurus after reaching age 25+. Other than my husband, Aries is still nil for me. Well, I do admit I am attracted to sporty Aries but never dated one. I notice I attract Scorpio too, both male and female but Scorpio is 2nd house in vedic and 1st house in placidus.

So...the one that I notice is my south node Sag, they're the one making effort asking for my number, calling me and asking me out (dates or friends). Therefore, in my case I think I am attract more of my south node sign.
I see what u mean P

Aries is my descendant like I said before and even though Iím moving away from it slowly there is always a strong connection there whether I like it or not. Yours must be the sn/nn.
Would be interested to see your chart
Unread 08-19-2019, 01:45 PM

btw, I feel like I resonate more to my vedic chart.
Unread 08-19-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
btw, I feel like I resonate more to my vedic chart.
Oh do u? Never looked at Vedic before
Unread 08-19-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Aries is my descendant but maybe it is progressing to Taurus �� it would match my cap sun ����

I’m not sure about the nodes and attraction though....
Nodes attraction and connection is very karmic, very strong. Especially south node having this familiarity feelings with the other person is a very hard bond to break and can be very painful. You might want to read and research about them, it can help you understand your future relationships. I see many couples' charts, bad or good, lasting or not, painful or happy, have this nodes bonding most of the time.

Last edited by PlutoLibScoAsc; 08-19-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Unread 08-19-2019, 02:07 PM

Iíve looked at Vedic chart just. Ooh i didnít like it lol sag sun lmao Virgo rising and cancer moon. Canít relate at all
Unread 08-19-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Iíve looked at Vedic chart just. Ooh i didnít like it lol sag sun lmao Virgo rising and cancer moon. Canít relate at all
lol, why it changes from what to what?
My planetary signs and SN/NN signs stays the same in both placidus and vedic but the sign in houses is different.
Unread 08-19-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Hey PlutoLSA......

Personally i have always attracted and get attracted to Aries types. Loud aggressive cocky egotistical etc Aries is my descendant. However through the years Iím slowly moving from this and getting attracted to more intelligent calm ppl with ambition so still some Aries but without the ego and aggression.

I have heard before that one can attract south nodes too. My SN is Aquarius and I have had amazing Aquarius friends. Ones who I have had adventure and the best time of my life with however..... lol..... I couldnít carry on with this fun as there was no limits therefore causing me to get no where in life in general. So I kind of know where youíre coming from with SN
Thanks for sharing your SN experience. Have you dated anyone that has heavy Aquarius in them especially in their personal planets?
Unread 08-19-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
lol, why it changes from what to what?
My planetary signs and SN/NN signs stays the same in both placidus and vedic but the sign in houses is different.
Wester libra rising Leo moon cap sun

Vedic Virgo rising cancer moon sag rising

Tags
attract, node, north, signs, south