Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 07-01-2019, 08:19 PM

Venus sextile Neptune: Platonic Love?

What astrological aspects/placements indicate platonic love in one's birth chart? Personally, I'm very interested and fascinated by platonic love. I think that's what really love is and should be. It's pure love. In my birth chart, I have Venus sextile Neptune, does this indicates platonic love?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Birth Chart.jpg (50.4 KB, 9 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Birth Chart Table.pdf (59.2 KB, 1 views)

Unread 07-01-2019, 11:43 PM

Re: Venus sextile Neptune: Platonic Love?

I'm also fascinated by platonic love. As an aromantic individual that's the only type of love I know.

Venus/Neptune would be my first thought too. Neptune is associated with universal love, so a connection with Neptune would make sense, and a good Venus/Neptune connection could definitely translate as a higher expression of love. Personally I only have Venus sesquiquadrate Neptune though... So maybe also Moon/Neptune connections. (I have Moon trine Neptune.) Or Neptune/Descendant perhaps. I also suspect that Venus/Uranus aspects, or an Aquarius Venus, can lead to more platonic relationships, but perhaps not the pure and unconditional love that you are talking about. I also notice that you have Venus in the 11th house, which I think might be a Venus that looks more for friendship than romance??

Sorry, can't give you more than speculation. But I am intrigued to hear what more experienced members have to say on the subject.
The Following User Says Thank You to Domna For This Useful Post:
Astrology (07-03-2019)
Unread 07-02-2019, 02:22 AM

Venus sextile Neptune is romantic and idealistic. Always searching for harmony and poetry in love.
Difficult for a chart with three planets in scorpio to remain platonic, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
Astrology (07-03-2019)
Unread 07-03-2019, 02:26 AM

It's not difficult at all, in fact, I've noticed the same thing too. I have many Scorpio traits based on my birth chart and it's strange because I don't act like Scorpio at all in love/relationships, I would never be possessive, jealous over my partner if I'm in love or in a relationship with someone. I'm a person who's willing to give 100% freedom to my partner, and I want the same in return as well. Just like platonic love, no sex involved, which is not possible for someone with lots of Scorpio traits. Maybe because I have Venus in the 11th house, that probably explains why I prefer to be in platonic love. Any other thoughts?
Unread 07-03-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrology View Post
What astrological aspects/placements indicate platonic love in one's birth chart? Personally, I'm very interested and fascinated by platonic love. I think that's what really love is and should be. It's pure love. In my birth chart, I have Venus sextile Neptune, does this indicates platonic love?
Hey; I'm glad I've found this thread, because I'm very much fascinated by this type of love too, and have been thinking a lot recently about why is it so. If you'd like, I can share my chart here, to see if someone can point out if there's something same as in yours in relation to this matter
The Following User Says Thank You to MajorTom For This Useful Post:
Astrology (07-03-2019)
Unread 07-04-2019, 08:19 AM

I wouldn't agree that platonic love is a "higher" expression of love. I think Neptune likes to stay in his realm and doesn't do well with reality. Platonic love often leads to being in love with the idea of an individual rather their true self. I haven't experienced Neptune jny natal chart, however I have experienced it in transits.
For the longest time it has been transiting my 1st house and trines my Venus. I have found myself in a platonic connection because it was long distance.

However the highest form of love is the once unconditional and consumed. Because that's creation energy. Sex is a sacred tool and a powerfully healing one. With sex we literally create more humans. Ideally that would be the highest love. Because now Neptune lessons are.grounded and are actually producing something. An individual created by a couple that loves each other unconditionally will be a powerful individual because they are CREATED in the divine pool of love.

Neptune is not an end goal imo. Neptune teaches valuable lessons that need to be grounded. Otherwise it goes into the category of delusion. It's definitely a hard planet to deal with it. Even with soft aspects.
The Following User Says Thank You to ardentika For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (07-04-2019)

Tags
love, neptune, platonic, sextile, venus