Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 08-20-2019, 01:00 AM

Honestly I donít know enough about it to say for certain. Broken links, deliberately obscure and self-referential or circular web presence, expired corporate registrations seem most characteristic of the very contemporary sects. Iím impressed by the deathly depressiveness of most of what I encounter which reminds me most poignantly of ďaffluenza.Ē Thereís a strong strain of perinatal trauma / attachment disorder, as well as philosophical influence from fundamentalist abrahamic theology.
I resonate a lot more with biodynamics. Take a look at what Jupiter Asc posted about the moon garden - if that isnít magical and balanced between feminine and masculine Iím not sure what is.

The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (08-20-2019)
Unread 08-20-2019, 01:03 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

David, what do you think about Pluto sitting in its own house 8H? Does it make an extremely character?
Unread 08-20-2019, 01:06 AM

I mean, I donít think thereís anything wrong with objectification per se. Itís the intent and context that matter.
Unread 08-20-2019, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Yes. Its actions are entirely lost on me, however. While we say the seventh house is our partner, an I can see that with the...less than stable women I attract because Mars, my sevenths ruler is in the 12th house. 12th has all kinds of things in it, but a keynote is mental hospitals and insanity.

So, I've always wondered what, if anything, Pluto does in my chart that can't be ascribed to Mars sitting in the dreadful 12th. As of yet, none can give me a clear answer. Which means I nod and walk off, still wondering.

C'est la vie.
The person I referred to also has 7H Pluto, but her Des's ruler is Venus in 1H. So she doesn't get to experience the crazy things you see. Pluto is also part of a yod. Conventions would lead me into thinking this is a mark of an obsessive lover. But I don't see that quality in this person. On the contrary, this person has little attitude toward relationship, if not none at all. There is rumor that she is hanging around with that guy, but she doesn't seem to be that serious about the relationship.
Unread 08-20-2019, 01:22 AM

@passiflora

I was feeling around to see where you stood on the whole objectification thing, since a very typical reaction to it is feminist hysterics. You never struck me as that type, but you never know.

I can see how you'd be attracted to Steiner and similar. Even David as a landscaper and your attraction to his system and his thoughts is telling, since it's the same mind at work in both spheres of life.There are contemporary spiritual-magical organisations that are much more nature based and puts service to the environment and all the beings who live in it at the forefront of many of its practices. The one I actually have in mind is Quareia, and it's founded by a woman by the name of Josephine McCarthy and co-founded by a man called Frater Acher.

"Affluenza".... I like it. It's only tangentially related but there used to be "ironic" worshipers of the Ebola disease who desired for it to wipe out all "niggers and shitskins". The "egregore" surrounding those people was quite frenzied, nihilistic, suicidal, anarchic, hopeless "wanting to watch the world burn" types. Altars were erected, hymns were created, artistic renditions were concocted of the "Ebola Princess", and there were even some who used their own blood in ritual, whether to write their name or in one extreme case, a guy was doing artwork that was solely created with his blood, renditions of the Goddess and mantras. One wondered where the line between joking and serious resided.
Unread 08-20-2019, 01:44 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
David, what do you think about Pluto sitting in its own house 8H? Does it make an extremely character?
Pluto's influence within H8, the Area of Life best suited to Scorpio, would be amped up. Even more so if it were in Scorpio in H8. Then the question becomes, how important is H8 in the context of the entire Chart?
Unread 08-20-2019, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Pluto's influence within H8, the Area of Life best suited to Scorpio, would be amped up. Even more so if it were in Scorpio in H8. Then the question becomes, how important is H8 in the context of the entire Chart?
Pluto and Jupiter reside there. Pluto in a T-square and Jupiter is gaining more power in progressed chart.
Unread 08-20-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
@passiflora

I was feeling around to see where you stood on the whole objectification thing, since a very typical reaction to it is feminist hysterics. You never struck me as that type, but you never know.

I can see how you'd be attracted to Steiner and similar. Even David as a landscaper and your attraction to his system and his thoughts is telling, since it's the same mind at work in both spheres of life.There are contemporary spiritual-magical organisations that are much more nature based and puts service to the environment and all the beings who live in it at the forefront of many of its practices. The one I actually have in mind is Quareia, and it's founded by a woman by the name of Josephine McCarthy and co-founded by a man called Frater Acher.

"Affluenza".... I like it. It's only tangentially related but there used to be "ironic" worshipers of the Ebola disease who desired for it to wipe out all "niggers and shitskins". The "egregore" surrounding those people was quite frenzied, nihilistic, suicidal, anarchic, hopeless "wanting to watch the world burn" types. Altars were erected, hymns were created, artistic renditions were concocted of the "Ebola Princess", and there were even some who used their own blood in ritual, whether to write their name or in one extreme case, a guy was doing artwork that was solely created with his blood, renditions of the Goddess and mantras. One wondered where the line between joking and serious resided.
Any thoughts about Wicca?
Unread 08-20-2019, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Pluto and Jupiter reside there. Pluto in a T-square and Jupiter is gaining more power in progressed chart.
What's the Natal-chart-ruler?
Unread 08-20-2019, 02:07 AM

Quote:
What's the Natal-chart-ruler?
Virgo Mars. The focal point of the T-square.
Unread 08-20-2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Any thoughts about Wicca?
I don't have much thoughts on it. From what I gather it's one of the more popular "alternative" spiritual paths for millennials, and a lot of what I've seen of it was also oddly attached to left-wing identity politics, which I'm pretty sure isn't a feature of the system proper. I'm also aware of "Garderian Wicca" as a specific branch and an important text for them is the "book of shadows", but beyond that and some other outside knowledge, I know little of the inward mechanics and structure.

Do you have any thoughts on it?

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 08-20-2019 at 05:13 AM.
Unread 08-20-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
I don't have much thoughts on it. From what I gather it's one of the more popular "alternative" spiritual paths for millennials, and a lot of what I've seen of it was also oddly attached to left-wing identity politics, which I'm pretty sure isn't a feature of the system proper. I'm also aware of "Garderian Wicca" as a specific branch and an important text for them is the "book of shadows", but beyond that and some other outside knowledge, I know little of the inward mechanics and structure.

Do you have any thoughts on it?
They were recruiting about 10 years ago. Out-front, nature-oriented, anti-"coupling" about sex. Loosely organized with similar, but different chapters. Into tarot, Hecate as the three-dimensional Goddess, some Druidic rituals. Rather wholesome for an occult witchcraft organization.
Unread 08-20-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Virgo Mars. The focal point of the T-square.
In 12/12, Pluto defers to Mars, and Mars defers to Jupiter. Looks like Jupiter is running the show.
Unread 08-20-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
They were recruiting about 10 years ago. Out-front, nature-oriented, anti-"coupling" about sex. Loosely organized with similar, but different chapters. Into tarot, Hecate as the three-dimensional Goddess, some Druidic rituals. Rather wholesome for an occult witchcraft organization.
Not all occultists are going to fit the trope of dark brothers and sisters slashing the throats of goats and young virgin girls, to be followed by a pan-species orgy. It would be a bad PR move for those open recruiters to not emphasize the more wholesome side of things.
Unread 08-20-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Not all occultists are going to fit the trope of dark brothers and sisters slashing the throats of goats and young virgin girls, to be followed by a pan-species orgy. It would be a bad PR move for those open recruiters to not emphasize the more wholesome side of things.
They looked pretty wholesome. Middle class, organic foods people with broken hearts, trying to find deeper meaning in their lives. No scandals--none that I'm aware of anyway. Haven't heard much about them lately.
Unread 08-20-2019, 08:59 AM

Oh, I didn't mean to sound like I doubted their genuineness. I do believe that there is a deeply felt crises of faith going on in the world, and an indication of that is all the colourful movements that have cropped up - wiccans, thelemites, left and right wing identity politics, indigo children and even the "Ebola worshippers". We shouldn't leave our astrology friends out of the mix.
Unread 08-20-2019, 09:05 AM

Why did you come to astrology in the first place?
Unread 08-20-2019, 09:07 AM

Curiosity that snowballed into something greater than itself. Why did you?
Unread 08-20-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
In 12/12, Pluto defers to Mars, and Mars defers to Jupiter. Looks like Jupiter is running the show.
That's awesome, with Jupiter being domiciled too
Unread 08-20-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Curiosity that snowballed into something greater than itself. Why did you?
I was similar to you. I came by curiosity, then I just dug deeper. Just wanted to know if you also belonged to the disillusioned pep you were referring to.
Unread 08-20-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Oh, I didn't mean to sound like I doubted their genuineness. I do believe that there is a deeply felt crises of faith going on in the world, and an indication of that is all the colourful movements that have cropped up - wiccans, thelemites, left and right wing identity politics, indigo children and even the "Ebola worshippers". We shouldn't leave our astrology friends out of the mix.
The Rosecutions were a driving force behind the popularity of astrology in the 50s and 60s, but there was no religious requirement or outreach. The Wiccans became pretty well-known in the late 70s around here. Very tame and non-psychotic compared to some of these new groups.
Unread 08-20-2019, 09:13 AM

No, but a standard reason for coming to astrology is that a person is looking for answers where all other avenues failed them.
Unread 08-20-2019, 09:22 AM

@David

Some would rather tame and non-psychotic since it at least connotes health on the face of things. Lots of the "new school" also tend to be of the isolated technocrat variety. A recipe for some very dismal outcomes.
Unread 08-20-2019, 09:33 AM

Moon in Aqua is great for overviewing the fine mess we're all in.
Unread 08-20-2019, 09:35 AM

You think so? That we aren't also a part of it?