Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Traditional Astrology

Traditional Astrology For discussions on Traditional Astrology only. (Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras. Specifically it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction) and excludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) non-Ptolemaic aspects, as well as any asteroids. The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretation and more on prediction. Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-03-2019, 02:37 PM
nprovazi nprovazi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 37
Solar Return - Interpretation? Presentation?

Hello, all,

I've been studying Astrology for some time now, but I still have a hard time interpreting Solar Revolutions.

I was wondering if it's possible to share my charts (SR and Natal) so maybe some of you can help with more insights about them.

But I'm thinking of a better way to present them here -- obviously my intention is to give some of my thoughts first. So here are my questions:

1 - Fisrt of all, is it possible to do this here? If not, is there another forum I should go?

2 - Should I present my charts writing down all the aspects and positions that I find important, along with the charts themselves? For example:

Venus SR conjunct Natal Sun
Mars SR square Natal Moon
and so on?

Or maybe:

Natal Venus in Scorpio in the XII House
SR Venus in Scorpio in the X House

3 - Is it possible to predict best moments through the year using these charts?

I know I'm probably asking too much help on this. If so, is there any website that can help me with this interpretation?

I've never asked this kind of help here, but I think this year sounds important to me (Natal ASC and Natal Moon in Saggitarius, Natal Jupiter in Gemini and Natal Mars in Libra)... So I think this might be an important time to me.

Thank you in advance - and sorry to the admins if this is not a good place to ask for this help.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 01-03-2019, 04:42 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49,016
Re: Solar Return - Interpretation? Presentation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nprovazi View Post


Hello, all,
I've been studying Astrology for some time now, but
I still have a hard time interpreting
Solar Revolutions.
I was wondering
if it's possible to share my charts (SR and Natal)
so maybe some of you can help with more insights about them.
SOLAR REVOLUTION
is a traditional method
so you posted your thread on the correct board for traditional
Quote:
Originally Posted by nprovazi View Post

But I'm thinking of a better way to present them here -
- obviously my intention is to give some of my thoughts first.

So here are my questions:

1 - Fisrt of all, is it possible to do this here? If not, is there another forum I should go?

2 - Should I present my charts writing down all the aspects and positions that I find important, along with the charts themselves?

For example:

Venus SR conjunct Natal Sun
Mars SR square Natal Moon
and so on?

Or maybe:
Natal Venus in Scorpio in the XII House
SR Venus in Scorpio in the X House
posting your SOLAR REVOLUTION and NATAL is fine
no need to write all the aspects
since these are detailed by the software in any event

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwadm

DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)

3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window


kaktuzz website has a useful option for calculating traditional natal
at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

also
Extended Chart Selecton Page at astro.com has options
to choose
from amongst the fourteen currently most popular house systems in use

Quote:
Originally Posted by nprovazi View Post

3 - Is it possible to predict best moments through the year using these charts?

I know I'm probably asking too much help on this.
If so, is there any website that can help me with this interpretation?
I've never asked this kind of help here, but
I think this year sounds important to me
(Natal ASC and Natal Moon in Saggitarius, Natal Jupiter in Gemini and Natal Mars in Libra)...
So I think this might be an important time to me.
Thank you in advance
- and sorry to the admins if this is not a good place to ask for this help.
There are numerous Time Lord Techniques, such as Zodiacal Releasing
here's a video explaining the concept https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVvGX7JOig8
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 01-03-2019, 05:19 PM
nprovazi nprovazi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 37
Re: Solar Return - Interpretation? Presentation?

You're the best, JUPITERASC

Here are the two charts.

My interpretation, so far:

Aquarius SR Asc - Saturn is the Ruler, which is in Capricorn and in the 11th house. Capricorn is in my 2nd house, so since it's Saturn (even if it's in its own sign), this might not be a good position for financial gains..

SR Moon is opposing Natal Moon - mental struggles, maybe?

SR 10th House is in Scorpio, my Natal 12th House... Also my Natal 10th House is now in the 8th House... No advances in career? The SR 10th ruler Mars is in Aquarius, but in the SR 12th House.

One of the good things I see is that my Natal 11th House is now at my 9th House, probably meaning meeting new people from abroad.

I have no idea if I'm making a huge confusion on interpreting this... any help is appreciated!

I also have a side question: do you think transits are also important (considering the traditional astrology method)? Should I also look into it? I'm kind of excited about Jupiter antering Saggitarius, and I have a good impression on this about the year ahead. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

PS: I've changed the charts because they weren't showing the Nodes and the Part of Fortune.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (76.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (79.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by nprovazi; 01-03-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nprovazi For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (01-03-2019)
  #4  
Unread 01-03-2019, 06:22 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49,016
Re: Solar Return - Interpretation? Presentation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nprovazi View Post
You're the best, JUPITERASC

Here are the two charts.
My interpretation, so far:
Aquarius SR Asc - Saturn is the Ruler, which is in Capricorn and in the 11th house. Capricorn is in my 2nd house, so since it's Saturn (even if it's in its own sign), this might not be a good position for financial gains..

SR Moon is opposing Natal Moon - mental struggles, maybe?

SR 10th House is in Scorpio, my Natal 12th House... Also my Natal 10th House is now in the 8th House... No advances in career? The SR 10th ruler Mars is in Aquarius, but in the SR 12th House.

One of the good things I see is that my Natal 11th House is now at my 9th House, probably meaning meeting new people from abroad.

I have no idea if I'm making a huge confusion on interpreting this... any help is appreciated!

I also have a side question: do you think transits are also important (considering the traditional astrology method)? Should I also look into it?
I'm kind of excited about Jupiter antering Saggitarius, and I have a good impression on this about the year ahead. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

PS: I've changed the charts because they weren't showing the Nodes and the Part of Fortune.
Traditionally the SOLAR REVOLUTION is read
in tandem with YEARLY PROFECTIONS based on natal chart
Yearly Profections provide more information regarding TRANSITS

If you are unfamiliar with PROFECTION
then
to profect a natal chart
count around the chart
until the house of the year required
and then
make that the first house of the profected chart
Planets in the new angles of the profected chart
are strong and effective for the profected year
The planets found in cadant houses will be ineffective.
If the sect has changed take that into account as well.


dr. farr goes into more detail as follows:
in profection, advance the entire chart by one full sign
then compare with natal chart
to delineate indications in the various departments of life
for that profection year.
ALWAYS profect all the planets at once, along with the signs

and then compare these profected positions with the natal chart positions.
Profected planets always have the same relationship to each other

as they did in the natal chart
do not compare the aspects among profected planets
but rather compare aspects from profected planets to the planet places in the natal chart.
the degree of profected planets is always the same degree as their natal degree
The aspects are from the profected places to the natal places
Relative to the ascendant, delineate its profection place according to the sign it falls in

and to the condition of the planetary lord of that sign
which becomes the lord of the profection year
that is, the keynote or most important planet for that profection year

When a planet profects to a house

that means
that planet will influence the affairs of that house (natal house)
particularly strongly during that profection year.
The profected sign/house carries the planets in it (in the natal)
INTO the profected place


Paulus gave one of the clearer expositions of the basic technique:
'......As many years as the nativity should spin out,
we pass these through from the hour-marking zōidion [sign],
giving the first year of engendered time to the Hōroskopos [ascending sign]
and the second to the post-ascension of the Hōroskopos [2nd place],
and so on for the rest in the following zōidia [signs],
until the 12th number should be completed.....'

Basic Technique: Annual Profections of the Ascendant

http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/?p=362

the Paulus quote illustrates basic profection
of Ascendant from one sign to next for each year of life.

Paulus gives examples, of how the Profection ruler becomes “lord of the year”.
The technique is easy - requires no computer software,
there are no specific degrees invlved
rather just discrete hops from one place in the chart
to the next
at intervals of time.

The technique is “CIRUMNAMBULATION”
aka “walking around” the chart. Seven Stars Astrology


For those who prefer an autio visual on how to delineate Profections
The following is a TWO HOUR VIDEO TALK by Chris Brennan which illustrates how to apply Vettius Valens Time Lord Technique known as PROFECTION
to any natal chart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBwf...ature=youtu.be


here is a PROFECTION WHEEL


__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 01-03-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
nprovazi (01-03-2019)
  #5  
Unread 01-03-2019, 07:17 PM
nprovazi nprovazi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 37
Re: Solar Return - Interpretation? Presentation?

Thank you so much, JUPITERASC!

I'll definitely study profections.
Any questions that I might have can be posted in this forum? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nprovazi For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (01-03-2019)
  #6  
Unread 01-03-2019, 07:46 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49,016
Re: Solar Return - Interpretation? Presentation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nprovazi View Post

Thank you so much, JUPITERASC!

I'll definitely study profections.
Any questions that I might have can be posted in this forum? Thanks!
PROFECTION is a traditional method
and this board is our traditional board
so that's fine
meanwhile it's good news you plan to study the method
there's Chris Brennans video I linked to
and another online video is Solar Revolution
method of Umar Al Tabari https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWr-...p8YC4GqkmITIaw
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 08-20-2019, 02:39 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49,016
Re: Solar Return - Interpretation? Presentation?

Abu Ma’shar (d. 886 CE) was one of the most prolific and influential
early Medieval astrologers who wrote in Arabic
living in Baghdad in the middle of the 9th century.
He wrote one of the most famous and comprehensive works on solar returns
titled On the Revolutions of the Years of Nativities.
Portions of this book were translated from Arabic into Latin
in the 12th century, which then influenced many subsequent generations
of astrologers in the west.
In 2010 Ben translated the Latin version of Abu Ma’shar’s book on solar returns
and published it as Persian Nativities III.
Now he has gone back and translated the entirety of the original Arabic text
which not only contains a lot of material that was missing in the Latin version
but the meaning of the text is much richer and more nuanced
because the translation is from the original language.
PODCAST DISCUSSION at:
http://theastrologypodcast.com/2019/...enjamin-dykes/
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
nprovazi (08-21-2019)
Reply

Tags
interpretation, presentation, return, solar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.