Success or workaholic depression?

SiNi2

+English is not my native language and I do not live in a country that speaks it, so, I am apologizing in advance for my grammar.

Hello. I’m studying to become an historian (academic/professor) and I’m a workaholic who thinks about success throughout the career and desire certain status in life. In addition, I’m very disciplined, always have been considered smart and very talented by most people (including my own professors). However, I’m VERY behind, I can’t get to accompany the rhythm and every time I think that something fructiferous is happening, it's not. So, I push myself too hard, get too sad/unsatisfied by my own expectations about myself and I fall into a deep sadness that keeps me from growing.
Should I leave the academic world? Is there something in my chart that indicates my lack of success? Can I ever succeed in a more traditional way (money, status in my profession)?

Observation: I love the field, i just don't seem to fit the academic environment despite the fact that i want to.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_.13803.5841.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_.13803.5841.gif
    65.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: