Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 12-24-2011, 07:55 PM

Exclamation Sun-Mars: Square and Opposition

Hi everybody.

I Have 'Sun square Mars' aspect.
According to this book, 'Key words for Astrology', People that have mars in hard aspect to Mars are described as:

ARCHEOTIP: THE TYRANT AND HIS TORTURER

'The Self destructive mechanism'
At variance with oneself. Inwardly torn and contradictory masculinity. Hothead who restlessly take on challenges without thinking them over and frequently endanger oneself in the process. Conflict between will, use of energy, and goal. Aggressiveness is sometimes angrily directed at the outside world and then again in a destructive manner against one's one self. Energy is wasted and used at wrong point in time, creating a ruinous exploitation of one's own powers and unpredicted energy eruptions. Has a difficult time reducing and controlling instinctual tensions. Erratic, irritable, impatient, frustrated, opinionated, stubborn and aggressive.

I do fit 100% here. However i also have a lot of energy... And sometimes nowhere for it. I consider myself an warrior, very self-assertive. I am interested in persons with sun-mars aspects, specially square or opposition.

If you have any story to share Please aswer,
Fragoso.

Last edited by Fragoso; 12-24-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Unread 12-24-2011, 09:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Innerdepths
Re: Sun square Mars

What would you like to know? I am the owner of this aspect in my chart by square - though Uranus really throws some excitement Opposing my sun and also squaring my mars....dynamic t square indeed.

Person heads out all unprepared and comes across some obstacle or discovers things lacked.....prepares for the next time thus learning from the experience.
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to MSO Send a message via Yahoo to MSO

My Sun opposes Mars, does that count?
Sequestra says "he's quite nuts"
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:04 PM

Smile Re: Sun square Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSO View Post
My Sun opposes Mars, does that count?
Hello mso, Yes it counts.
I put sun 'square' mars in the topic cause at the beginning i was just thinking in this aspect. But the description above is both for square and opposition and challenging positions. I should change the topic to 'sun-mars square opposition'.

Fragoso
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:06 PM

Done
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Banned

All depends on other aspects for these two planets, would you care to post your chart for a proper evaluation, rather than having us guessing??

it certainly can add wilfulness and a desire to control others...
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innerdepths View Post
What would you like to know? I am the owner of this aspect in my chart by square - though Uranus really throws some excitement Opposing my sun and also squaring my mars....dynamic t square indeed.

Person heads out all unprepared and comes across some obstacle or discovers things lacked.....prepares for the next time thus learning from the experience.
Hello.
In my case uranus is also aspecting sun and mars making a tsquare.
Where do you think my energy comes from with mars and sun in fall?
Say whatever you want... The topic is free to talk about sun/mars
Fragoso
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to MSO Send a message via Yahoo to MSO

As a Libra Sun with an Aries Mars, the opposition can be really tough. Mars wants to do things and my Sun doesn't! For example, I have a ton of energy and I'd like to take up a fighting sport, but I abhor violence. And I'm a pretty creative person, but I don't have the patience to sit down and really make something amazing. The two just don't get along in my chart!

Btw, that's a nice pic you posted, Cowboy Bebop ftw!
Sequestra says "he's quite nuts"
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

I have Sun square Mars. I cannot for the life of me say that I am overly aggressive, but I also have Moon square Mars. Mostly, Mars just wants me to "do something!" Sun and Moon get to fight about what that something is....
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSO View Post
As a Libra Sun with an Aries Mars, the opposition can be really tough. Mars wants to do things and my Sun doesn't! For example, I have a ton of energy and I'd like to take up a fighting sport, but I abhor violence. And I'm a pretty creative person, but I don't have the patience to sit down and really make something amazing. The two just don't get along in my chart!

Btw, that's a nice pic you posted, Cowboy Bebop ftw!
Thank you, my venus scorpio has good taste!
Unread 12-25-2011, 04:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragoso View Post
But the description above is both for square and opposition and challenging positions.
A 1 degree orb semi-square and a 2.5 degree orb quincunx are challenging aspects.
Unread 12-26-2011, 09:57 PM

sun square mars here, how do you deal with this in your relationships? particularly your love relationship...
Unread 12-26-2011, 10:17 PM

Post Re: Sun square Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by intense_M View Post
sun square mars here, how do you deal with this in your relationships? particularly your love relationship...
Hello intense_M.
In my case this aspect doesn't manifest so much in relationships as your, case in your case your mars is in 7th house (i remember to say something about it in one thread here). I got mars in 12th house squaring sun in 4th house. So the energy of the square will be projected in other areas.
But in order to answer to your question I have to tell you that I tend to be in a lot of arguments. I am my own boss. I dislike people who try to command me in some way. I like to make my own decisions... And besides I know that my energy is bigger than the persons around me

Fragoso
Unread 12-26-2011, 10:40 PM

I have Sun (3rd house Aqua) square Mars (12th house Scorpio). I involved in a doomed battle and in the end always spun my arms in me
Unread 12-26-2011, 10:50 PM

lol i have also a problem with taking orders, though it depends how that person is, if he's nice and kind im willing to comply and it also depends on the cause or matter... but yeah overall i work best if im in charge of a project or in work.

do you also notice that you sometimes intimidate the atmosphere or company your in with people? i dont always like that, so i try to put on a smile as much possible lolz.

12th house, how does it manifest or directed towards at ?
Unread 12-26-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
lol i have also a problem with taking orders, though it depends how that person is, if he's nice and kind im willing to comply and it also depends on the cause or matter... but yeah overall i work best if im in charge of a project or in work.

do you also notice that you sometimes intimidate the atmosphere or company your in with people? i dont always like that, so i try to put on a smile as much possible lolz.

12th house, how does it manifest or directed towards at ?
Hello.
Yap, I intimidate a lot the persons that are close to me... But I consider myself more as an emotional control, since my moon is strong and I am cancer asc (besides moon opposes pluto- i truly dominate the people around me in an emotional level). I also get well with leading other (Aries MC).

Now to the 12th house stuff: In the past I wasn't so that self assertive. I was more like accumulate anger until explode. Now i prefer to self-assert right in the moment, no matter who gets hurt. The only problem of 12th house i could never escape is the frustration... That's why I don't take all my actions to the end. Besides I have a sick need to be alone for a certain period of time: that's where i find courage, strength to self-assert, strength to fight.

Fragoso
Unread 12-27-2011, 12:35 AM

Dear Fragoso:

I have an interesting Sun-Mars story even though it is not sq or opp it is pretty interesting and something that has me wondering still....
I am a 0deg Pis and my Mars is either 29deg Aquarius, which makes it combust the sun because its at 42min, or my Mars is 0deg Pis @ 1min making it cazimi. I read somewhere that at approx 2:20 am EST, Mars went into Pisces or something like that. I was born at 11:30pm PST so how's that for cutting it close??? Another interesting note to this is that both the Sun, Mars and Saturn make a pretty close little conjunction/stellium right here in my 4th hse and they all three square my Moon in Taurus!!! Im sure this has been the cause of many an argument in the past, especially when I was younger; Gawd, what a temper!!!! But not anymore though; cant live like that all the time. I was heading for a sure heart-attack or at the least, ulcers. So with the help of an extremely spiritual Virgo (and her constructive criticism) she helped me see that it wasnt the person or the situation that always got me upset it was my attitude and I needed to change it, be more positive and grow up!!!

Thats what Ive done and Im not the same. Thank God.

Blessings,
Serafin5

Alicia Michelle Serafin ~ Facebook
Unread 01-04-2012, 09:44 PM

i calculated my chart on 0800-horoscope and astro.com
they both showed some different aspects... on 0800 i dont have sun square mars and i gain a moon, venus and saturn aspect. the rest are the same.

why is this ? which is more trustworthy, astro.com or 0800-horoscope.com
Unread 01-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
i calculated my chart on 0800-horoscope and astro.com
they both showed some different aspects... on 0800 i dont have sun square mars and i gain a moon, venus and saturn aspect. the rest are the same.

why is this ? which is more trustworthy, astro.com or 0800-horoscope.com
stay with astro.com they are the best free charts you will ever get. slight problem with astro is they do use wide orbs. I tend to reduce the orb ratio down to 85% to bring in line with mainstream views.

Orbs can be quite contentious issues, but I use + or - 8' orbs for conj, squares and oppositions. sun/moon get upto 10' orbs

Tags
mars, square