Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Bunraku

In real life I am extroverted. But I don’t hang out with a lot of people.

Talking to people energizes me. That’s what extroversion is.

conspiracy theorist

I don't feel drained by interactions with people, and if I go to parties I usually don't need to sleep much, if at all the next day. But I'm often alone because I like my independence. So the ambivert thing works for me.

conspiracy theorist

In any case I don't care much for MBTI. It's useful for self-exploration and it seems to be the tool of choice for corporate types trying to introduce introspection to people. So in that way it's helpful.

Osamenor

Staff member
Talking to people energizes me. That’s what extroversion is.

I can get energized from talking to people, too, but it depends on who and what we're talking about. I also need a decent amount of alone time. I tend to score introvert, but I'd say I'm a gregarious introvert. Not shy, social when social is called for, but able to be alone and like it.

Thirdteenth

If you were to communicate to someone who has negative energy and you say how people can energize you then would that make you susceptible to negative energy than the average person? and would an extrovert be drained from spending time alone? A question for extroverts. I don’t think this would affect an ambivert much than a solely extroverted individual.

Thirdteenth

I can get energized from talking to people, too, but it depends on who and what we're talking about. I also need a decent amount of alone time. I tend to score introvert, but I'd say I'm a gregarious introvert. Not shy, social when social is called for, but able to be alone and like it.

Same here. I’m like a turtle. I come out of my shell when I please and when I want to be enclosed inside my own sanctuary then I am no where to be found.

Thirdteenth

The funniest thing I find is people often feel that I’m an extrovert because I have no problem just talking to people. I don’t think to be introverted is a fear of engaging with the world. An introvert can have an interest in socializing and adventure as much as the next person. The intertwining of a fear of people and introversion is incorrect. A fear of people would be a form of anxiety.

Bunraku

The funniest thing I find is people often feel that I’m an extrovert because I have no problem just talking to people. I don’t think to be introverted is a fear of engaging with the world. An introvert can have an interest in socializing and adventure as much as the next person. The intertwining of a fear of people and introversion is incorrect. A fear of people would be a form of anxiety.
I feel like this is you https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJQUmMTm/

You’d sneak that in a buffet and enjoy it :lol:

Thirdteenth

I already know people must have been wondering where that fish smell had been coming from :lol: I’m the sort of person who would bring a very large container and pick away at the food even though I ate ahead of time. I like to have extra for home and I like to share too so it has to be big.

AppLeo

Has anyone ever heard of the nine enneagram types? I wonder what number the people on this forum would fall under for majority lol

I'm an enneagram 5w4

Here’s another personality quiz if you were interested. It’s called Myers Briggs. I got ISTP first time I ever did this thing.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

This test is inaccurate. In fact, all the different tests are. If you truly want to know what your personality type is, you'll have to study Jung's cognitive functions.

There are eight cognitive functions. I haven't figured it out yet, but my theory is that your most dominant planet determines your most dominant cognitive function.

Moon - Si - Introverted Sensing
Mercury - Ti - Introverting Thinking
Venus - Fe Extraverted Feeling
Mars - Se - Extraverted Sensing
Jupiter - Ne - Extraverted Intuition
Saturn - Te - Extraverted Thinking
Uranus - Ni - Introverted Intuition
Neptune - Fi - Introverted Feeling

AppLeo

I think Sun and Pluto magnify or give power to the other planets. They don't really seem to have their own area of expertise.

AppLeo

Or, I think the Sun and Pluto have their own cognitive functions of some sort. These functions, however, don't individuate, but rather, make the individual stronger or weaker.

People with weak a Sun and/or Pluto have weak a personality.

Just a theory though.

Thirdteenth

I'm an enneagram 5w4

This test is inaccurate. In fact, all the different tests are. If you truly want to know what your personality type is, you'll have to study Jung's cognitive functions.

There are eight cognitive functions. I haven't figured it out yet, but my theory is that your most dominant planet determines your most dominant cognitive function.

Moon - Si - Introverted Sensing
Mercury - Ti - Introverting Thinking
Venus - Fe Extraverted Feeling
Mars - Se - Extraverted Sensing
Jupiter - Ne - Extraverted Intuition
Saturn - Te - Extraverted Thinking
Uranus - Ni - Introverted Intuition
Neptune - Fi - Introverted Feeling

I found this video awhile ago when I had been trying to see if anyone would give an actual testimonial of their experiences as a specific enneagram type. I’ve only ever watched my own but here is a link to the video if you were interested in listening to it during your free time :joyful: : https://youtu.be/V03tQnIojDk (it’s your type too).

According to that theory of yours that would make me still an introvert with an extroverted twist.

AppLeo

Even though I'm super introverted, I still find myself craving conversation so that I don't go insane.

Maybe once a week I'll come out of hiding just to talk to someone, a distant friend, or become more sociable at work.

Thirdteenth

Mhm. Humans are said to be social creatures so social interaction must be a requirement of sorts for us to be leveled to some extent.

I wonder what it would be like for an introvert who had imaginary friends to keep them company :) Did you ever have imaginary friends?