What happens after you die?

JUPITERASC

quote-emptiness-the-starting-point-in-order-to-taste-my-cup-of-water-you-must-first-empty-bruce-lee-62-83-54.jpg

plutonic thunder

People who say they've died and come back to life say that everything goes dark and then thats it. So literally nothing happens when you die. I wish people would just accept this. Life is fked then you die.

AppLeo

People who say they've died and come back to life say that everything goes dark and then thats it. So literally nothing happens when you die. I wish people would just accept this. Life is fked then you die.

Aren't there people who see light and jesus? Maybe that's just chemical reactions in the brain to ease the pain of death.

But I'd be careful saying that people just die. I said that, and everyone on this thread called me closed minded for it.

Cap

That is not true. Indeed, there have been many cases of memory loss during NDEs and these can be attributed to heavy medications, but also there have been the opposite cases when people have reported vivid memories and actual real time perception of events during ''brain death'' period. Even one such case is enough to prove that brain is not the originator of consciousness and that consciousness can exist independently of brain.

Results of world's largest Near Death Experiences study published

Thirty-nine per cent of patients who survived cardiac arrest and were able to undergo structured interviews described a perception of awareness, but interestingly did not have any explicit recall of events.

“This suggests more people may have mental activity initially but then lose their memories after recovery, either due to the effects of brain injury or sedative drugs on memory recall,” explained Dr Parnia, who was an Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Southampton when he started the AWARE study.

Among those who reported a perception of awareness and completed further interviews, 46 per cent experienced a broad range of mental recollections in relation to death that were not compatible with the commonly used term of NDE’s. These included fearful and persecutory experiences. Only 9 per cent had experiences compatible with NDEs and 2 per cent exhibited full awareness compatible with OBE’s with explicit recall of ‘seeing’ and ‘hearing’ events.

One case was validated and timed using auditory stimuli during cardiac arrest. Dr Parnia concluded: “This is significant, since it has often been assumed that experiences in relation to death are likely hallucinations or illusions, occurring either before the heart stops or after the heart has been successfully restarted, but not an experience corresponding with ‘real’ events when the heart isn’t beating. In this case, consciousness and awareness appeared to occur during a three-minute period when there was no heartbeat. This is paradoxical, since the brain typically ceases functioning within 20-30 seconds of the heart stopping and doesn’t resume again until the heart has been restarted. Furthermore, the detailed recollections of visual awareness in this case were consistent with verified events.

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/news/2014/10/07-worlds-largest-near-death-experiences-study.page

I personally know one person who has undergone through such experience. He told me that he was floating above his body and was fully aware of his surroundings, he remembers details of conversation between doctors, 'beeping' of instruments and doctor's attempts to revive him. He was officially dead for 3 minutes. He said that he was panic stricken (while floating above his body) and that he kept thinking: "I want to live!".

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

People who say they've died and come back to life
say that everything goes dark and then thats it.
On the contrary
there are countless examples of people who "died and returned to life"
It's not uncommon for the dying to have visions of deceased loved ones
seeing tunnels of light and having other spiritual experiences :smile:
These hospice nurses share their experiences
of what they had witnessed while in service
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMr_sapd-qY

So literally nothing happens when you die.
I wish people would just accept this.
Life is fked then you die.
Those who work with the dying
are familiar with patients seeing long deceased loved ones, angelic beings
even hearing music and comforting voices as the patient nears death.
Deathbed phenomena have been documented in the days, weeks, and months before death since the 1500s.
Often confused with hallucinations, deathbed phenomena can bring comfort to patients and caregivers
if those involved know what they are experiencing.
This talk will explain deathbed phenomena and present on-going research about the topic.
Accounts from the dying and bedside witnesses will be shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg8WAv0YT9c

JUPITERASC

Aren't there people who see light and jesus?
Maybe that's just chemical reactions in the brain
to ease the pain of death.

But I'd be careful saying that people just die.
I said that, and everyone on this thread called me closed minded for it.
Members posting on this thread are responding to the OP
by posting an opinion on "after death states"
and
members are entitled to have their opinion

assuming that this thread is not "a closed-minded thread"
that requires complete agreement between all those commenting
then
anyone can post an opinion of "the after death state"
it doesn't matter what that opinion is :smile:
obviously not everyone is likely to agree with everyone
just as
with any topic

david starling

That is not true. Indeed, there have been many cases of memory loss during NDEs and these can be attributed to heavy medications, but also there have been the opposite cases when people have reported vivid memories and actual real time perception of events during ''brain death'' period. Even one such case is enough to prove that brain is not the originator of consciousness and that consciousness can exist independently of brain.

Results of world's largest Near Death Experiences study published

Thirty-nine per cent of patients who survived cardiac arrest and were able to undergo structured interviews described a perception of awareness, but interestingly did not have any explicit recall of events.

“This suggests more people may have mental activity initially but then lose their memories after recovery, either due to the effects of brain injury or sedative drugs on memory recall,” explained Dr Parnia, who was an Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Southampton when he started the AWARE study.

Among those who reported a perception of awareness and completed further interviews, 46 per cent experienced a broad range of mental recollections in relation to death that were not compatible with the commonly used term of NDE’s. These included fearful and persecutory experiences. Only 9 per cent had experiences compatible with NDEs and 2 per cent exhibited full awareness compatible with OBE’s with explicit recall of ‘seeing’ and ‘hearing’ events.

One case was validated and timed using auditory stimuli during cardiac arrest. Dr Parnia concluded: “This is significant, since it has often been assumed that experiences in relation to death are likely hallucinations or illusions, occurring either before the heart stops or after the heart has been successfully restarted, but not an experience corresponding with ‘real’ events when the heart isn’t beating. In this case, consciousness and awareness appeared to occur during a three-minute period when there was no heartbeat. This is paradoxical, since the brain typically ceases functioning within 20-30 seconds of the heart stopping and doesn’t resume again until the heart has been restarted. Furthermore, the detailed recollections of visual awareness in this case were consistent with verified events.

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/news/2014/10/07-worlds-largest-near-death-experiences-study.page

I personally know one person who has undergone through such experience. He told me that he was floating above his body and was fully aware of his surroundings, he remembers details of conversation between doctors, 'beeping' of instruments and doctor's attempts to revive him. He was officially dead for 3 minutes. He said that he was panic stricken (while floating above his body) and that he kept thinking: "I want to live!".

Hey Cap! Good to see you posting!

JUPITERASC

i hope what cap says is true because im just asking for 1000 a thousand years just that is that too much to ask that would let me meet every culture in the world i would be happy with 1000 little years just that, but yeah when dead i hope to fly that would be cool :lol: i wish to fly while being a purple energy being who givs a f :alien:
98dbc5bc652b10affe2e5a91d07dc546.jpg

petosiris

Banned
It must be nice to get all of life's answers just by reading a book.

If 49 books with more than 40 different authors are persuasive to be divinely inspired by showing incredible knowledge of matters that would take place and are taking place, the remainder of what they all said about sheol or the resurrection of the dead on earth should not be dismissed. They did not use demonstration in their sayings and writings for being filled with the Holy Spirit they were witnesses to the truth above all demonstration, and also on account of the signs and wonders they performed which only glorified the Father of all things and proclaimed his Word.