Indications of spiritual awakening

waybread

Skillcoil, of course you could find 9th house people who are as spiritual as a post.

This house includes religion in the more conventional organized sense, as well as philosophy and prophecy. This traditional house of "journeys over water", in my mind, relates to things that expand one's horizons--be it through literal overseas travel, developing a life philosophy, or higher education. I think you always have to look at how any 9th house planets and the ruler of the 9th are aspected. A traditional astrologer would use other measures to assess these planets' condition.

It is so important to look at the horoscope as a whole, and to think about what is ruled by the different planets, signs, and houses.

If we do a tour through the Dalai Lama's chart and start with the 9th house, we find Saturn there as the most elevated planet. In organized religions, Saturn indicates religious authority figures like the pope, the head of a Protestant church, or well, the Dalai Lama. Saturn trines Jupiter, another indicator of religion. If we look at both traditional and modern rulers of his 9th house, we see Saturn in the 9th--a kind of reinforcement--and Uranus conjunct his part of fortune sextiling Saturn. Also, the Dalai Lama's Jupiter house (the 5th) is ruled by Jupiter. More reinforcement. The 5th house, among other meanings, is the fun house--anyone who has seen the Dalai Lama on television knows he is often laughing and happy-looking.

Then if we look more at the mysticism side of spirituality, we find a big kite formation pointing to Neptune/moon in the 3rd house of thought and communication, and involving trines between the sun, Jupiter, and Saturn.

I could continue on this way, but I think you can see how a cookbook might lead one to think that Saturn in the 9th indicates a non-religious person, but once you start unpacking the chart you can see how much really fits with the Dalai Lama's unique role in life.

HeyPlayGirl, although I don't think spirituality is restricted to a few key cookbook indicators, we can see how the 8th house might play a role. This house deals with death but in astrology's cyclical sense of time. In modern astrology it includes the "occult"--probably in the sense of hidden mysteries. One of the most interesting charts I saw with an 8th house emphasis was of a registered nurse who did hospice work.

Mother Teresa's chart, posted above, shows precisely this kind of emphasis. She worked extensively with dying street people in Calcutta. She has a 9th house Jupiter conjunct her MC, sun novile Jupiter, Jupiter as her chart-ruler and ruler of her 12th house, and moon sextile Neptune. Her 8th house emphasis is entirely appropriate for her work with the dying.

Caro

I would agree with Mark - that all charts have spiritual 'awakening potential' . each soul is learning what it needs to and by knowing these people you learn too.

the charts of His holiness the Dalai Lama and Mother Teresa - show how they bring their work to the notice of the world by 9th house/mc positions.

however I always think it is those who go quietly about their lives almost unnoticed that are the most spiritual. ie a mother feeding her children in a poor county in africa. I think the Dalai Lama and Mother teresa would agree with that.

the life of a mystic is rarely a glamourous one.

HeyPlayGirl

very well put!
The 8th house has death as a major issue. So if you consider that death takes many forms in addition to the mundane death of the body we usually think of: ie. death of ego clinging, death of conventional pursuits, death of a 'self' centric world view etc....
So therefore it seems to me the 8th house could easily show a person's spiritual reflection.

That said, life, path, karma, realization and confusion are so vast and impossible for anyone but a fully enlightened being to really know....I think it's really hard to try to pin down in any manner what would or would not indicate a realized being in an astrological chart. It's between that being and their enlightened mind. And as someone said, usually only another realized being can recognize it.....and maybe not always.

aKuna

When we say spiritual it means something different to each, as it should cause it's a personal relationship with spirit.
I've found no indicator that makes the statement of an awakening to spirit or spirituality...but many with transits to natal planets which COULD awaken one through life challenges IF they chose to acknowledge them as the inner spirit of self speaking to them.. For instance if one looks at the last two Eclipses lunar and solar with full moon and solstice you find a pattern creating energy which brings inner limitations to light for one to release that which no longer serves their greater purpose...weather they see this to their advantage to transform their perception and expand is always yet the personal choice in that moment...many Resist change...regardless of the directional signs they pass by in life and persona can sometimes be so strong either pro or con toward change that this can be read..

Last edited:

Caro

Akuna

I agree.

resistance to change as the spiritual path often challenges our beliefs and general ways of living.

Flowergirl

Yes, I suppose people do have many different ideas about what this means. I simply understand it as the release of blockages and surrendering and this opening up great peace and love in the physical, emotional and spiritual bodies and a greater awareness. Thx for your reply aKuna. Our habitual resistance to change is our biggest challenge. Like you say, the universe is giving us so many opportunities with energies opening up and helping us shift our conciousness, we only need to make the choice and take them.

Last edited:

aKuna

Flowergirl I do wright several spiritual blogs...but I've moved away from the lightworker concept of it by recognizing that Source is ALL THINGS and our perception of the spiritual is very much still based in a belief of the many religions...so when I look at astrology I see spiritual awakening also as a physical healing process too cause the physical is an extension of the spirit.
I've opened up to such an expansive view that everything is seen as spiritual as all are aspects of the ONE SOURCE and can be then nothing other than spiritual...:wink: to me this sort of says the natal chart would not express spiritual awakening so much as an expansion.
A dear friend and astrologer and healer only recently told me she saw Venus as Expansion
not as we ascribe it..the more I connect to V the more I'm seeing this also and expansion is awakening to more truth.

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

Which is why a lot of intuitive people cannot use it for their own good.

No it is not:/

When I went to highschool I cried in front of my teacher (break-down) because I always dreamt of which grade I would get (even before starting studying), and that time it was a not so good one. She must have thought I was a nut-case... And I was really tired of all the other pre-cognitive dreams about other things. I just wished SO BAD to be "normal"! That was actually part of my "teen-age crisis". Thank you Moon square Neptune....

Sometimes you dont wish to know too much about the future, or personal information about others. But acceptance is the only way to go really, you cant deny yourself forever.

Flowergirl

Flowergirl I do wright several spiritual blogs...but I've moved away from the lightworker concept of it by recognizing that Source is ALL THINGS and our perception of the spiritual is very much still based in a belief of the many religions...so when I look at astrology I see spiritual awakening also as a physical healing process too cause the physical is an extension of the spirit.
I've opened up to such an expansive view that everything is seen as spiritual as all are aspects of the ONE SOURCE and can be then nothing other than spiritual...:wink: to me this sort of says the natal chart would not express spiritual awakening so much as an expansion.
A dear friend and astrologer and healer only recently told me she saw Venus as Expansion
not as we ascribe it..the more I connect to V the more I'm seeing this also and expansion is awakening to more truth.

Thank you aKuna, you've made a good point. Venus being love and love being a very expansive, healing power. I've not thought of it like that before... It may be just what I needed to hear today...

Vagabondgirl

Actually I think there are ways to "shut it down" if you want to.
My mother did it after the 11th september prediction and other things. Sure she still pick things up but not the things she don't want to.

For example she can never pick it right when she gambles.
I just never pick it right.

= We cannot use it for our own good.

But sure there are exceptions.

When I was younger I could not shut if off for some reason. I kept dreaming about my grades all the time, and about break ups and about new relationships starting and other silly things. The bad things that happened really made me depressed at that time. Hormones running wild I guess?

But now its much better actually. I feel I can focus on stuff and get insight when awake as well. Didnt have that before... I try to keep the energy positive, so maybe its helping for the bad pre-cognitive dreams?

Vagabondgirl

Actually I got it right on my tests when using "the ability". It was like 3 times that I tried, and correct all these times. But it only works when I dont know anything about the question (like didnt study) and get "random" letters/numbers in a specific sequence. If I start thinking (left brain) it fails ofcourse:p The same thing goes for names, numbers etc. But for some reason it seems pointless to rely on this all the time. You need to live and develop the rest of the system. You need your left brain too:D

Mark

You can't use it exclusively for your own good. Use it in such a way that everyone benefits and you'll be surprised.

mirthyQ

hi mirthyQ. as for your question, no, i'm not. what are the indicators in my chart that show the potential to become a musician/performer?

3 things I see quickly,
1) a big 5th house
2) a big 2nd house - this relates to good vocals although western astrology doesn't really say this but I have noticed it, and it is Leo, too
3) Gemini rising with mercury in Gemini's natural house the 3rd - good placement for writing lyrics

You probably have this ability but it is undeveloped.

And with your north node in 12th maybe chants/spiritual songs?

AspieTaurus

I consider myself a "mystical" person, but I am an unusual one, in that I don't believe in some separate supernatural realm, I consider the Cosmos itself as sacred, not suprising given my Sun in Taurus and a stellium in Cappy. I grew up in a rural area and to me there is nothing more spiritual than a walk in Nature, or looking at a beautiful galaxy in my 8-inch telescope, that is when I truly feel at one with the Cosmos.

Lithuel

I consider myself a "mystical" person, but I am an unusual one, in that I don't believe in some separate supernatural realm, I consider the Cosmos itself as sacred, not suprising given my Sun in Taurus and a stellium in Cappy. I grew up in a rural area and to me there is nothing more spiritual than a walk in Nature, or looking at a beautiful galaxy in my 8-inch telescope, that is when I truly feel at one with the Cosmos.

Hm. You and I seem to have some chart similarities. Sun in Taurus, Libra Rising, Pluto in Scorpio in 1st, Saturn-Pluto retrograde...

Anyways, yes, I know what you mean about a cosmic spirituality. Although it's a bit cheesy, the movie Avatar contains elements of this "earthy" spiritual nature.

Vagabondgirl

What do you really mean by awakening? There can be many different forms of spiritual beliefs: christianity, muslims, buddhism etc. So are you "awakened" when you believe in something like this?

For me I think it happends gradually. You realize more and more about your existence. And emotional/psychological/mental experiences combined. Maybe you see that life is more a pattern, more than just random events. But maybe someone is born with or develops their "senses" earlier so that they can see passed all the material stuff and realize what we really are doing here on earth and so on. This could be seen in the natal chart, if your senses are more open to these experiences. But I think that its not healthy for everyone to have their "senses" entirely open, especially if you are not "mature" enough. Maybe could become a little insane then...

hi Vagabondgirl. awakening to spirit and to a greater reality has nothing to do with religious affiliations. it is the opening up of your cellular memory banks. a remembrance of things past. that you are not a human being on a spiritual journey, but a spirit having a human experience. a painful realization for some, but an epiphany for others. :) i'm not here to speak against religions... the sooner we as humans on this planet realize this truth, the more vibrational/energetic resonance earth, a living consciousness and all living things will be able to make a more smooth transition into the next higher dimensional of consciousness living and being here and throughout the universe! :D

I know some about astrology. I myself had a spontaneous awakening, and after reading more into it, have also learned that it was in my astrological chart to have a somewhat spiritual path. I have jupiter retrograde in house 8, and a stelium in house 1, progressed into scorpio. Jupiter trine/sextilie neptune, as well as uranus in my chart. Neptune conjunct pluto,indicating a spiritual change. My Side rail chart, I have my sun and moon in house 12 instead of house 1. I highly attribute Jupiter in my awakening. Hope this helps. God bless