Ppl with squares to Uranus-- how do handle it?

UraSatVen1029

It's been a question that remained on my mind for so many years. I have a Sun-Venus square Uranus, and Moon Aqua conjunct Uranus. I've always felt different and has also been viewed as different or weird. Sometimes, the square prevails and it makes me so painfully odd in front of other people, it's either they like it or not. Suppression of these weird urges has saved me a lot of times yet has also caused me pain...

If there are any of you with Uranus aspects to the personal planets, do you have the same problem? Or have you been able to embrace yourself and express yourself in a good weird way?

conspiracy theorist

I think I've had this "problem" for as long as I can remember. But I don't tend to see it as much of an issue. Following your own star seems to be the best path to true fulfillment to me.If you count parallels, I have Sun P. Uranus very closely. I also have an Aquarius moon, which I don't affiliate with Uranus, but I know you do.

There is a natural tendency for me to be contrary/go against the grain, I tend to ignore the mainstream/reject mainstream things reflexively, I occupy my mind with fringe topics, esoterica, and all many of subjects and topics that most people don't think about, find loony, can't understand nor care to know about, I don't care about what most people care about, I don't tend to respond to things in the same way that others do, which results in me having to feign responses in order not to alienate people around me. But a lot of people seem to sense how noncommital and truly detached I am from them.

In my life I've been in situations where I'm the only male in class full of women, the only minor in a group of adult males, a "rich" person among a group of poor persons (I'm not rich at all but it's something that a lot of people assume about me). As well as being a man from the east, when everyone else is from the west (I don't mean I'm Asian). If everyone is talking, I remain silent. If no one speaks up, I open my mouth. If everyone is cramming and stressing themselves ober exams, I'm in the back with my feet stretched out and staring into space - you get the picture.

You could say I have a selfish chart, so I never had a problem with self-acceptance nor with taking on board the opinions of people who having nothing to do with my destiny, nor with what I find most satisfying to pursue. It's natural for me to "embrace" myself. You even mention it when you say "they will either like it or not"...exactly, and the only thing you have over your control is yourself. So why not stay true to yourself and live the life that you find worth living? A good thing to bare in mind is the fact that most people you're trying to seek validation from will not help you when you're truly in need, truly care about your problems, and that they are most likely to be gone from your life in a couple years or less. The only constant in your life is yourself, and once you die, everything will be left behind you. Why castigate yourself for being different?

Last edited:

dukedeuce

Well. Are your Ura and Neptune conjunct?

I have Ura-Nep conjuction in Capricorn in 3rd house squaring Venus in Libra on 1st house. Also trine Mercury and wide-orb opposite Mars.

I was quite different in elementary school. Like I had different interests and different needs than other kids.
Now I understand them a lot. Uranian nature is quite spontaneous and well... random. It results in very fast thought processes that have lightning fast logic behind. Even when making jokes so they seem weird unless people are open minded. Especially with dreamy Neptune conjunct within 2deg.

Square to Venus was (maybe still is) quite unbearable. It's like wanting full freedom for experiments in relationships and stable relationship at the same time. Also Venus rules money, so money was pretty much getting in and getting out of my hands like lightning out of the blue.

Integrating your originality and individuality with other's needs will tone down all Uranian aspects. Look where Saturn is located and strengthen that part of personality. It will prove to be balancing point for all Uranian qualities :)

For me it was guitar playing. Saturn in 5th is in mutual reception with Neptune and is dispositing Uranus. So, lots of art and improvisation in art along with serious band playing (Saturn-style serious) helped me get outlet for built up Ura-Nep energy.

You can see Saturn as coruler of Aquarius and can look where it's located and how to stabilize, or more precisely, where to give outlet to Uranian energies.

But without chart not much I can say :)

UraSatVen1029

I think I've had this "problem" for as long as I can remember. But I don't tend to see it as much of an issue. Following your own star seems to be the best path to true fulfillment to me.If you count parallels, I have Sun P. Uranus very closely. I also have an Aquarius moon, which I don't affiliate with Uranus, but I know you do.

There is a natural tendency for me to be contrary/go against the grain, I tend to ignore the mainstream/reject mainstream things reflexively, I occupy my mind with fringe topics, esoterica, and all many of subjects and topics that most people don't think about, find loony, can't understand nor care to know about, I don't care about what most people care about, I don't tend to respond to things in the same way that others do, which results in me having to feign responses in order not to alienate people around me. But a lot of people seem to sense how noncommital and truly detached I am from them.

In my life I've been in situations where I'm the only male in class full of women, the only minor in a group of adult males, a "rich" person among a group of poor persons (I'm not rich at all but it's something that a lot of people assume about me). As well as being a man from the east, when everyone else is from the west (I don't mean I'm Asian). If everyone is talking, I remain silent. If no one speaks up, I open my mouth. If everyone is cramming and stressing themselves ober exams, I'm in the back with my feet stretched out and staring into space - you get the picture.

You could say I have a selfish chart, so I never had a problem with self-acceptance nor with taking on board the opinions of people who having nothing to do with my destiny, nor with what I find most satisfying to pursue. It's natural for me to "embrace" myself. You even mention it when you say "they will either like it or not"...exactly, and the only thing you have over your control is yourself. So why not stay true to yourself and live the life that you find worth living? A good thing to bare in mind is the fact that most people you're trying to seek validation from will not help you when you're truly in need, truly care about your problems, and that they are most likely to be gone from your life in a couple years or less. The only constant in your life is yourself, and once you die, everything will be left behind you. Why castigate yourself for being different?

As a child, me acting different and quirky led me to being bullied. As I grew up with different kids my age in elementary school, I've always had that certain anxiousness and fear whenever I had to deal with new people and groups of friends because well- what if they make fun of me and bully me again? I've also had girls who gossiped bad things about me while they led me on to really fake friendships. I was so easily led on and I was constantly manipulated by my "bestfriends". Chiron is actually in my 10th house but it's really close to the 11th house. I can see this play out in a major way my whole life now.

With the squares, I've observed that people find it hard to "accept" that part of themselves. Or, they find it hard to control that part of themselves. But ever since then, squares have also given me strength of character. I can still waver at times, but at least I can get better this time.

I mean I used to hate myself for being so weird. Right now though, I'm slowly trying to appreciate it. The only part of myself that I can really incorporate the Uranian energy and all it's originality and quirkiness (in the easiest and most natural way) is through my creative self-expression and gifts of creative art. It's also funny that people around me only get to really appreciate me when I show those talents. But that can also make me attract jealousy and competition too even if I'm not trying to... :/

What I'm looking for is someone with more experience about these stuff. With the squares. What they struggled with and how they dealt it. Idk what it is too, but even when I'm surrounded with people I love, I still feel that innate sense of loneliness and that "outsider" feeling. I still wonder if I'll ever be able to find a place, an idea, or a person to call home and feel safe and comfortable.

UraSatVen1029

Well. Are your Ura and Neptune conjunct?

I have Ura-Nep conjuction in Capricorn in 3rd house squaring Venus in Libra on 1st house. Also trine Mercury and wide-orb opposite Mars.

I was quite different in elementary school. Like I had different interests and different needs than other kids.
Now I understand them a lot. Uranian nature is quite spontaneous and well... random. It results in very fast thought processes that have lightning fast logic behind. Even when making jokes so they seem weird unless people are open minded. Especially with dreamy Neptune conjunct within 2deg.

Square to Venus was (maybe still is) quite unbearable. It's like wanting full freedom for experiments in relationships and stable relationship at the same time. Also Venus rules money, so money was pretty much getting in and getting out of my hands like lightning out of the blue.

Integrating your originality and individuality with other's needs will tone down all Uranian aspects. Look where Saturn is located and strengthen that part of personality. It will prove to be balancing point for all Uranian qualities :)

For me it was guitar playing. Saturn in 5th is in mutual reception with Neptune and is dispositing Uranus. So, lots of art and improvisation in art along with serious band playing (Saturn-style serious) helped me get outlet for built up Ura-Nep energy.

You can see Saturn as coruler of Aquarius and can look where it's located and how to stabilize, or more precisely, where to give outlet to Uranian energies.

But without chart not much I can say :)

Yes, they're conjunct, but it's pretty wide. Uranus and Neptune are in 1st house. Saturn is in 4th house. Saturn is actually my chart ruler.

But you're right about integrating all that energy into a productive outlet. I find that I express myself the easiest when I'm incorporating Uranian themes and qualities in my artistic endeavors. I have a group of friends that share the same talents as I do, but I always find myself expressing these talents differently from those people. It kinda makes me stand out, but this could either be a good thing and a bad thing. Hahaha

Ura-Nep is also squaring both my Sun and Venus. Saturn is opposing those two planets too. So I may occasionally fail in maintaining good relationships, having good impressions, and family life, but with honing my crafts and skills, I have a more positive and optimistic outlook. My wants and needs are indeed very different than most of the people I am with, especially my friends. I have the tendency to mimick or shape myself to adjust to different kinds of people but most of the time this led me to some scale of unhappiness and dishonesty. When i start showing my Uranian qualities, I can only hope for the best that they'll be able to appreciate it.

But I guess finding people that vibrate or mesh with you so well is quite hard to find in this life... generally.

IleneK

Premium Member
It's been a question that remained on my mind for so many years. I have a Sun-Venus square Uranus, and Moon Aqua conjunct Uranus. I've always felt different and has also been viewed as different or weird. Sometimes, the square prevails and it makes me so painfully odd in front of other people, it's either they like it or not. Suppression of these weird urges has saved me a lot of times yet has also caused me pain...

If there are any of you with Uranus aspects to the personal planets, do you have the same problem? Or have you been able to embrace yourself and express yourself in a good weird way?

Uranus aspects like this require us to pay keen attention: to the world, to our community, to our family, friends and to ourselves. To widen our mind to pay attention and not judge or react or resist or attach. To widen and broaden our field of attention.

And with this aspect you are especially well suited and well attuned to do so when life surprises you as it always does. Without fail. :smile: Catch that tiger by the tail and ride it!

Timmytwothumbs

I have Uranus square sun. But Sextile Venus. Uranus is on 0 aquarius for me and in my 11th house. So it's a pretty powerful uranus. But my sun is conj ketu as well. So Uranus sqaures my nodal axis and sun sign. I've found that my weakness lies in the fact that I'm extremely misunderstood by my peers when I do things that are different or unusual nobody ever seems to understand the core of what I'm putting out. However, The younger generation really looks up to me, a bit too much. And those older see me as a baby, or treat me like I dont belong because I'm still young. I don't feel like I fit in anywhere. Socially at least. And my friendships arent normal. They are usually short lived due to life happening. But all in all the more I fight those Uranus things like new technology and such the less accepted I am. However, I've found that when I give in to the peer pressure and watch the movie everyone's talking about or take part in whatever new fad that is going around people are extremely receptive to me. And I think that's the power in the square. It might not be what you want to do. But you might be successful if you allow yourself to give in to those things you're uncomfortable with.

UraSatVen1029

Uranus aspects like this require us to pay keen attention: to the world, to our community, to our family, friends and to ourselves. To widen our mind to pay attention and not judge or react or resist or attach. To widen and broaden our field of attention.

And with this aspect you are especially well suited and well attuned to do so when life surprises you as it always does. Without fail. :smile: Catch that tiger by the tail and ride it!

Bu for what purpose? Is it just to merely broaden my view?

UraSatVen1029

I have Uranus square sun. But Sextile Venus. Uranus is on 0 aquarius for me and in my 11th house. So it's a pretty powerful uranus. But my sun is conj ketu as well. So Uranus sqaures my nodal axis and sun sign. I've found that my weakness lies in the fact that I'm extremely misunderstood by my peers when I do things that are different or unusual nobody ever seems to understand the core of what I'm putting out. However, The younger generation really looks up to me, a bit too much. And those older see me as a baby, or treat me like I dont belong because I'm still young. I don't feel like I fit in anywhere. Socially at least. And my friendships arent normal. They are usually short lived due to life happening. But all in all the more I fight those Uranus things like new technology and such the less accepted I am. However, I've found that when I give in to the peer pressure and watch the movie everyone's talking about or take part in whatever new fad that is going around people are extremely receptive to me. And I think that's the power in the square. It might not be what you want to do. But you might be successful if you allow yourself to give in to those things you're uncomfortable with.

So is it like learning to accept that part of yourself? And learning how to use those to your advantage?

Timmytwothumbs

So is it like learning to accept that part of yourself? And learning how to use those to your advantage?

Yeah, I guess, it's not about accepting yourself. But accepting others. Like why do something weird and awkward if people respond negatively? If someone responds positively to your words or actions. Then what you're doing is probably right. That aquarius moon I've seen it a lot, you guys are oblivious to how other people really think. Especially about you. Take more care about how you come off to others. And gauge how they respond to you. If they think your weird well that's the negative side of Uranus coming off. A square is uncomfortable. If you had say a Uranus trine. Then you could be weird and people would accept you. But you have a square if you try to be weird and unconventional like Uranus is, then it's just gonna be uncomfortable for people.
Bite the bullet and stick to the status qou. That's the lesson with a Uranus square.

Last edited:
This is an old thread,but I thought I might give some insight to this square.

For one thing there are charts which are easier to live than others so I have no idea of the other factors of the chart in question.

I have this square going from 17deg. Leo 3rd house to my personal planets in the 11th.

Mercury exact 17Deg. Taurus with Sun 21Tau and Venus 11Tau.

The Midpoint is at my Asc. exact 2Cancer

Ok here is my analysis of this square:
Independent with a revolutionary tint to your nature. Marriage could be a problem along with relationships as those that you come into contact with do not understand your nature and you are outside looking in at them not the other way around. Remember that! Do not think the world will love you as they do not understand you.
I was bullied as a kid, but I am understanding of their idea's and motives now. Kids will always be filled with hate to those they think as being different then them. They shall never understand that it is they that need to change not you. Some never grow up as they will never grow out of their nature.

You are inventive and creative with eccentric tendencies. You have great abilities to communicate to others if you get in touch with the better qualities of your nature.

On the negative side and used rashly you can be impulsive, egocentric and not a good listener You can handle this square by not acting rashly or be brash to others. They have their own natures to deal with. Learn to enjoy the reflective silence and not get caught up with the world, but find your own nature and work with it's imperfections.

Do not worry and fret over the future work on you. The future has it's own time for you to handle. Live in the now. Plan and study if you are schooling.

This aspect gives lightning flash of intuitive mind action.

Try to be simple and as Socrates put it "know Thy Self" and study the wisdom of the ancients and keep your study of astrology through you life. Use it to prepare for the times of change to come. Ex.when outer planets cj. the angles.

Try to live in the now and do not think of the past accept to learn from previous mistakes.

Two things are a constant to life which are "change and death".

Having Ur/Mn Cj. has truly definitive aspects that give great insight and flashes of creative genius. If you are young you have much time to find the best qualities in your nature.

Also remember this, Squares are worked out over time as you learn to use them to grow through friction.Oppositions are Set in your nature which you cannot change, but beware of them.

It amazes me that in this generation and era of Technology the world does not study the past which is repeated if we are not cautious.
Ex. look at ISIS which is nothing new as it is a reflection of the Nazi's in 1932'. The alignments of Ur/Pl sq. like it was in 33 compared to what it is now waxing/waning brought that on.
Here in the US the events going on are the reflection of the 60's. Sexuality, Civil rights etc.

Syria is the last biblical prophecy to be fulfilled before Armageddon time as it is written that it shall be laid to rubble.That is the opinion and I concur due to others and biblical scholars.

So keep learning, study as knowledge leads to wisdom and also comforts the soul.

It also amazes me that people listen to music ,but do not get and implement the lyrics for themselves. The Poets are a great source as for wisdom also.

History has to be acknowledged with the fact of the interplay of astrology, technologies and religions that came about. They are intertwined as for actions taken. Remarkable as to what children are taught. Telling the truth is not part of our society as it is easier to believe lies. I've studied War and it is preceded by Lies, Deception misunderstanding which leads to death and destruction.

You seem to have the ability to teach the younger people that come in your life so It may be a source of release using this square. You may try to reach out and get a degree to teach others.

I shall give a corrective insight to this write up when I can.

Last edited: