To All AW Astrologers: Thank You!!

Birch Dragon

Dear Zarathu, greybeard, kimbermoon, dr. farr, waybread, Frisiangel, Caprising (wherever he disappeared to), mdinaz, JupiterASC., miquar, Krewster, Pheonix Venus, piercetheveil, Tim Wilson, Kannon and a host of posters on this site that are either practicing astrologers, retired astrologers or so good at this craft you could be,

A loud and general THANK YOU, which I’m sure a great number of posters on this site would second.

For six months now I’ve been coming to this site. Like many posters I came initially out of a desire to know what my chart says about me. Driven here by some moment of panic… some sudden anxiety spurring me to ask an astrologer – any astrologer! – about my chart. But I stayed for the insight, the deeper delving into the language of astrology, the diversity of approaches and views, that make up thousands of threads across this board.
As a 42 year old professor who picked up astrology in my teens but then slipped away from it, I’m in the semi-awkward position of usually being the wise old advice giver but come here to read and talk to people who know a lot more about this particular subject – astrology – than I do. You’ve been nothing but generous with me, my long posts, my strange questions and my tangents on non-astrological things.
At the same time, you’ve been my teachers. Many of you have directly answered my queries and pushed me along on my little quests. All of you have opened doors in my mind and presented “ah-ha” moments in your answers to other posters. You’ve taught me directly over the six months and indirectly for years before – as I go back and scour through old posts looking for topics I’m interested in.

Whatever it is that draws you to this site, please, keep coming back, keep arguing with each other, keep offering advice and being patient with us when we are too dimwitted to see the depth of what you’re suggesting.

Your wisdom is appreciated and the rest of us are here with you… reading... learning…

waybread

Thank you, Birch Dragon! So often when we read charts in an effort to help (or just to inform) people, they never respond, so it's great when someone takes the time to post an acknowledgement, as you have done.

I've enjoyed reading your posts, so this is a reciprocal arrangement.

I am an amateur astrologer. The word amateur has the same root as amore: something we do because we love it, not because it's a job.

See you around!

Flapjacks

Whatever it is that draws you to this site, please, keep coming back, keep arguing with each other, keep offering advice and being patient with us when we are too dimwitted to see the depth of what you’re suggesting.

Your wisdom is appreciated and the rest of us are here with you… reading... learning…

Seconded. :D Without you guys this forum would a lot less informative and colorful, after all.

danai

I will agree! The first thing made me an impression one year ago was there are still selfless intentions! Some people spend time trying to help other people either they are right or not, so there is just a beautiful mutual give and take in knowledge!

Birch Dragon

Over the next few days I'm just going to periodically bump this because I want it to stay visible so all the astrologers can see it.
I hope nobody minds...

Arena

Dear Zarathu, greybeard, kimbermoon, dr. farr, waybread, Frisiangel, Caprising (wherever he disappeared to), mdinaz, JupiterASC., miquar, Krewster, Pheonix Venus, piercetheveil, Tim Wilson, Kannon and a host of posters on this site that are either practicing astrologers, retired astrologers or so good at this craft you could be,

A loud and general THANK YOU, which I’m sure a great number of posters on this site would second.

For six months now I’ve been coming to this site. Like many posters I came initially out of a desire to know what my chart says about me. Driven here by some moment of panic… some sudden anxiety spurring me to ask an astrologer – any astrologer! – about my chart. But I stayed for the insight, the deeper delving into the language of astrology, the diversity of approaches and views, that make up thousands of threads across this board.
As a 42 year old professor who picked up astrology in my teens but then slipped away from it, I’m in the semi-awkward position of usually being the wise old advice giver but come here to read and talk to people who know a lot more about this particular subject – astrology – than I do. You’ve been nothing but generous with me, my long posts, my strange questions and my tangents on non-astrological things.
At the same time, you’ve been my teachers. Many of you have directly answered my queries and pushed me along on my little quests. All of you have opened doors in my mind and presented “ah-ha” moments in your answers to other posters. You’ve taught me directly over the six months and indirectly for years before – as I go back and scour through old posts looking for topics I’m interested in.

I just decided to quote this as a copypaste method of acknowledgement and I thank you all too :)

miquar

Thanks Birch Dragon. I'm not on here very often these days, and it was a nice surprise to see my name on your list of some of the people who have been helpful. Its anybody's guess how the practice and use of astrology will change over the decades and centuries to come, but the sharing of ideas by members of the astrological community over the internet will undoubtedly play a central role in this process.