Rev Dr Reuben Swinburne Clymer

Opal

Premium Member
Reuben lay with his father's mistress, Bilhah.

There was a lot of that it seems. Why was this enough for him to lose his double portion birthright?

The name Bilhah: Summary

Meaning Trouble, Calamity Etymology From the noun בלהה (ballaha), terror or calamity, from the verb בלה (balah), to trouble. Related names • Via בלה (balah): Babel, Baladan, Balah, Bel, Belial, Berodach-baladan, Bilhan, Ebal, Merodach-baladan, Obal
The name Bilhah in the Bible

Bilhah is one of four arch-mothers of Israel (Genesis 29:29). She is Rachel's maiden and mother of Dan and Naphtali. Reuben, son of Jacob and Leah, copulates with her, and forfeits his status of first-born (Genesis 35:22, 49:3-4).
Bilhah is also the name of a town of Simeon (1 Chronicles 4:29), which is perhaps the same as the town named בעלה (Baalah) in Joshua 15:29, בלה (Balah) in Joshua 19:3 and בעלי יהודה (Baale-judah) in 2 Samuel 6:2

Etymology of the name Bilhah

The name Bilhah is spelled identical to (albeit pronounced slightly different as) the feminine noun בלהה (ballaha), meaning terror or calamity, from the verb בלה (balah II), meaning to trouble:
Excerpted from: Abarim Publications' Biblical Dictionary

בלה

Verb בלה (bala) means to wear out, annul or use until worthlessness. Adjective בלה (baleh) means worn out. Noun בלוא (belo) describes worn out things or rags. Noun תבלית (tablit) means annihilation or destruction.
Adverb of negation בל (bal) means not. Noun בלי (beli) describes a wearing out, a destruction or a worthlessness. Noun בלימה (belima) meaning nothingness. Noun בליעל (beliya'al) means worthlessness.
Noun בלהה (ballaha) means terror or calamity, but some scholars insists that this noun stems from a second, yet identical verb בלה (bala II), to trouble. If this verb is not a whole other one, it evidently describes trouble of a courage draining and strength depleting nature.
— See the full Dictionary article —

Bilhah meaning

BDB Theological Dictionary pronounces the etymology of our name dubious and does not offer a possible meaning. Jones' Dictionary of Old Testament Proper Names proposes Timidity.

petosiris

Banned
Not as you do. You don’t like how I see. The Sun and the words.

He is indeed a sun, but not a setting sun of heat, but a risen sun of righteousness, with healing in its wings for those who fear his name, but burning as a furnace for all evildoers - Malachi 4:1-6.

He alone is the word of YHVH who directly spoke the words of the Most High, because he is the firstborn and preeminent in all things - Colossians 1:15-20.

Opal

Premium Member
Interesting, that her very name means trouble.

Did she have another name? Or, is it what she was born to?

petosiris

Banned
Why was this enough for him to lose his double portion birthright?

He lay with his father's CONCUBINE (pilegesh), not a mistress or a servant. Those are terrible sins of incest and adultery.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
He is indeed a sun, but not a setting sun of heat, but a risen sun of righteousness, with healing in its wings for those who fear his name, but burning as a furnace for all evildoers - Malachi 4:1-6.

He alone is the word of YHVH who directly spoke the words of the Most High, because he is the firstborn and preeminent in all things - Colossians 1:15-20.

Reuben is firstborn, and talks to YHVH, but is condemned for sleeping with Bilhah.

He slept with trouble.

Why did this cause such a stir. Bilhah was not a wife. Even her name, has been tattered.

petosiris

Banned
It means being under the mantle of a mans protection. Not wife.

I have never said it means wife. The children of the concubines clearly do not have the same inheritance rights as the children of the wives. The concubines have the same status and rights as wives do in other regards as far as I can tell - Exodus 21:10.

I personally believe the scriptures allow a man to have many wives and concubines if he can support them - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1057868&postcount=512

Opal

Premium Member
I have never said it means wife. The children of the concubines clearly do not have the same inheritance rights as the children of the wives. The concubines have the same status and rights as wives do in other regards as far as I can tell - Exodus 21:10.

I personally believe the scriptures allow a man to have many wives and concubines if he can support them - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1057868&postcount=512

I agree. But, it does not say that a concubine is exclusive.

If Reuben was first born, and to receive a double portion, it would be wife.

petosiris

Banned
I agree. But, it does not say that a concubine is exclusive.

You don't agree with me at all. It says it in Genesis 2:24, Genesis 35:22, Exodus 21:10, 1 Chronicles 5:1. The word for woman and wife can be the same in Hebrew and other languages besides English (in Slavic languages for example), so some translations without taking into account the context can be deceiving. ''Wife'' actually comes from a Germanic word for woman. You are the woman of your husband in the patriarchy.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
You don't agree with me at all. It says it in Genesis 2:24, Genesis 35:22, Exodus 21:10, 1 Chronicles 5:1. The word for woman and wife can be the same in Hebrew and other languages besides English (in Slavic languages for example), so some translations without taking into account the context can be deceiving. ''Wife'' actually comes from a Germanic word for woman.

Sounding more and more like slavery.

petosiris

Banned
Yes, I do. I don’t believe them all, or take them in the same context as you. But, yes, I read them.

Do you expect me to blindly agree?

You read mine, and believe as you choose.

I don't expect you to blindly agree. It is true that both of us believes as he chooses, but I acknowledge your position and beliefs without twisting them, they are twisted and adversarial as they are.

I would like you to at least acknowledge my position and where I am coming from. I have slight doubts you check all verses and passages I use. You clearly do not have interest in researching them further, though for your information I skimmed your source in the OP along with other blasphemies in it you omitted.

I listed many arguments from scripture and even from the customs of the nations that a concubine is not a slave nor can she marry or become concubine of another man, for that would be adultery.

Opal

Premium Member
Page 223

“The cherubim divided the heavens into four equal parts. The points of division are marked by four principal stars, one in each of the four beasts; Aldebaran, in the head of the bull of April, marked the point of the vernal equinox when the planisphere was projected, or when the bull or ox became the lion of the ascendant. The star Regulus, in the heart of the lion, marked the summer solstice.

Antares, in the heart of the scorpion, marked the autumnal equinox in the old Chaldean and Egyptian zodiacs. Dan and others, rejected Scorpio because it had become the sign accursed. In its place they adopted Aquila, the eagle, having the star Altair for its emblem.

The star Formalhaut, in the eye of the great southern fish, formerly reckoned in the constellation Aquarius, and united with it by the river Aquarius, marks the point of the winter solstice. It was the custom in ancient times to follow the astral order, and place the figures of the cherubic animals on the title page of their books to indicate the subject matter and this has not altogether been discarded.”

In the heart, and in the eyes. The indicating stars, are found.

Oaths are given from the heart. Eyes, for those who choose to see.

I was not aware, of Dan rejecting Scorpio, I will have to look into that, to see why Scorpio became accursed. The eagle, is seen as the embodiment of Scorpio at its best, or enlightened. I will have to check the myths of the two creatures again.

Opal

Premium Member
Page 223

“As an example: if the cherubim prefaced Genesis, chapter 2, beginning with the 4th verse, at which the book should begin: “These are the generations of the heavens, and of the earth, when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,” etc., they would in this manner indicate that allegorical astronomy was to be found on its pages.

The ancient Egyptians were very familiar with four sacred animals. We have the word of Clemens Alexandrinus that these were carried at the head of the processions, like those by the Israelites, and that they represented the four seasons, of which the eagle was one.

There can be no other conclusion than that the Israelites carried with them out of Egypt the astral religion of the outer forms of worship in Egypt, as well as their symbology, with but a slight variation; NOT that God gave them a religion to be peculiar to themselves and their special relationship to Him.”

Wow! I can see why this chapter in its whole drew me to read the whole of the book, from the beginning. Even the introduction was drawing as I read. Not like most writings.

I find it interesting, that it has been written throughout histories, and yet our eyes do not want to be opened to the fact of the seasons, and their representatives. We would prefer to follow, and have things explained, without having to decipher the meanings ourselves.

And for those of us that think in the manner of Clymer, there are no answers to be found in organized religion. The truths we seek are shrouded in myth.

Most of what I have read, in this book, are things that I already felt, or knew. So, for me, this book is more an affirmation of my beliefs. How very refreshing from the usual fear and damnation that people who question origins in faith, are made to feel by the masses. Ironically while claiming themselves to be the meek, and the only way.

Also, I find it interesting, that the whole divide, is because of theft of another’s religion, without being a true initiate to the faith. It was stolen, without all of the knowledge.

Very interesting indeed.