Mercury Uranus Natal Aspects - Quick Reactions

Kitchy

Banned
Mercury Uranus folks tend to receive information quickly and are able to act on it quickly.

I have the opposition. I have known others with the aspect in variety of the combos. I've noted that this aspect provides quick reactions, reflexes and ability to catch things quickly - literally or figuratively.

I'm one of those folks who can catch flying objects that come out of the blue - something dropped but caught quickly - one handed left hand catches of something flying at me unexpectedly.

I've seen this in other's charts too - missing a step on a stair and being able to compensate without falling.

It's not just physical though - the quickest thinkers tend to have this aspect too. People who are great with comebacks or rebuttals in a milisecond.

Anyone else with these aspects who'd like to offer their thoughts?

katydid

The best, most beneficial thing in my chart is the exact trine from Mercury @18 Scorpio and Uranus @ 18 Cancer. Jupiter is @ 18 Taurus so it makes a nice little rectangle.

So Uranus is in the 3rd, sextile Jupiter in the 12th conjunct the Asc and Mercury is conjunct the Desc. Uranus in the 3rd trining Mercury has saved me from my fixed grand square.

Uranus has been my savior but also a bit of a trouble maker. I tend to do things 'last minute' and am not as organized as i should be. With a stellium in the 6th, that frustrates me sometimes.

Mercury trine Uranus both helped me and hurt me in school. It helped because I could usually get to the right answer using my gut. I could say the correct things under pressure. But it hurt because I often relied upon the ability to 'wing it' and often got by in a haphazard manner.

It gives great intuition. I began studying charts when I was in middle school. I found out I could 'read' them. I had an innate understanding of the astrological symbolism and didn't really understand how it felt so familiar.

My best astrology teacher , Marion March, forced me to show you EXACTLY how I came to any conclusions, using planetary rulers and aspects. She did not want me to use my gut feelings or my intuition. She wanted me to trace it back to HOW I came to that decision. She made me say it out loud, step by step. And it was vital to my ability to really be accountable as an astrologer and a teacher.

It reminded me of being forced to show my work in algebra. I used to get the right answer but not be able to show how. And that was my Mercury trine Uranus.

Kitchy

Banned
so, KD - is this common core discussion or what?

i totally get what you're saying "show my work?!" "I just know, OKAY?" "don't ask me how I know - because I couldn't tell ya... or you wouldn't understand it anyway." "Because it makes sense!" - etc. ;)

Gotta love us 'can't explain it but know it's true' folks....

what's your take on the agility of hands and dodging bullets, so to speak?

katydid

I had great agility. I was a slalom skier. Did some racing. I was a really really good skier. I lived in Sun Valley Idaho for a few years just to ski and be a ski bum.

My kids aren't impressed because it is all about snowboarding for them.

katydid

I just realized, and had forgotten, that my son has the same trine. Well his is Sun, mercury and Jupiter trine Uranus @ 1 Capricorn. But his saturn is right there too, @ 2 Cap. So he has better follow through than I do.

He is very agile and very quick and perceptive.

My daughter also has Mercury trine Uranus. She has Mercury and Venus in Taurus trine Uranus in Cap. But she has Neptune conjunct Uranus, NOT Saturn. So she is very artistic and makes a living in the arts.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
KD -

My stellium kid has merc 0'taurus and uranus 5' aquarius - trine aspect. He has those quick mental/physical reactions/agility, even in his slow plodding merc taurus. His Sun-Venus Aries gives him incredible beauty and grace to promote that merc-uranus knowing. Much to my chagrin, but to his better workings, he is one of those 'last minute' folks too, he can pull it out with precision at a moment's notice and thus far, hasn't been called on 'showing your work' because people know he knows his stuff and with the cap stellium, if he needs to produce it, he could.

I think that's where the stellium kids have an advantage if they have the merc-uranus aspect.

I think there is something about the quick learning of the 'technical' by merc-uranus that allows the merc - uranus to freestyle with all the knowledge base intact.

(@ Haidee, if you're tuned in, this is what I was talking about in the turtle thread :) )

TheFish

How wide can the orb be? I have Mercury 19 Aquarius and Uranus 27 Leo. Would you guys still count this as an opposition?

Kitchy

Banned
How wide can the orb be? I have Mercury 19 Aquarius and Uranus 27 Leo. Would you guys still count this as an opposition?

Fish - our placements are similar. My Merc is 19 aquarius and Uranus 24 Leo.

Here's the thing -

The opposition is always in the same triplicity, so I use wide orbs, even up to 10 degrees, for the oppositions and conjunctions. The closer they are, the more intensified, or noticeable, they become.

I think an 8 degree orb in a fixed opposition is still a valid orb of opposition.

What are your thoughts on your own mental/physical agility - quickness?

katydid

I would count it as an opposition. Especially because Uranus is the ruler of the Mercury in Aquarius. I absolutely believe that Mercury is feeling the opposition from Uranus making it more electrified, impulsive and perhaps erratic than if not.

Kitchy

Banned
Mercury is exaltation in Aquarius, too. The more fortified the planet is, it has a more potent presence in the chart.

katydid

KD -

My stellium kid has merc 0'taurus and uranus 5' aquarius - trine aspect. He has those quick mental/physical reactions/agility, even in his slow plodding merc taurus. His Sun-Venus Aries gives him incredible beauty and grace to promote that merc-uranus knowing. Much to my chagrin, but to his better workings, he is one of those 'last minute' folks too, he can pull it out with precision at a moment's notice and thus far, hasn't been called on 'showing your work' because people know he knows his stuff and with the cap stellium, if he needs to produce it, he could.

I think that's where the stellium kids have an advantage if they have the merc-uranus aspect.

I think there is something about the quick learning of the 'technical' by merc-uranus that allows the merc - uranus to freestyle with all the knowledge base intact.

(@ Haidee, if you're tuned in, this is what I was talking about in the turtle thread :) )

Yes, "free style' is a great way to describe the stellium kids and the Uranus aspects to their personals. I think their access to amazing technology and very cool 'apps' really helps their ability to 'freestyle' through daily routines.

My Gemini daughter with Moon in Aquarius is always showing me tech things which greatly simplify my life. She was the one who put Uber on my cell and forced me to check it out. It is so cheap and easy now when we all go out for a family meal. We can ALL have wine or beer and parking is no longer a problem.

She was the one who taught my husband about garage band. Greatly simplified the way he records music.

She showed us how to easily find my 12th house mercury husbands phone, for the millionth time, by using her FindMyIphone app. We would not have done that without her prodding us because we are dinosaurs born in the 50's. :tongue:

Dubyadude1986

I have Merc/Uranus/Saturn in Sag w/MC. The 22 degree MC sits wedged between 29 degrees Mercury and 19 degrees Uranus.

I just have to make sure my 9th H Mercury at 29 degrees works with Saturn-related activities. Good tester, worked as a telemarketer from 15-20, used communications (Merc) to call in airpower (Uranus), but that shouldn't be relevant to the natal because of how broad it is.

I have a way with words and I can make someone so angry (without even realizing it) that they move on to I've done something wrong tactics - without even having raised my voice or saying anything remotely provocative. It isn't always good. Electricity has been kind. I got shocked by lightning once while I was holding a door. The things I find funny make people want to cry sometimes, like a teenager leaving a pair of glasses in a museum as a hoax that people mistook for art, that then proceeds to write an article about it afterwards that goes viral. lmao

Office pranks, like bunnies in the desk cabinets (with air and only for a few minutes of course) at 0730 in the morning first thing after PT the day before Easter weekend.

There are bad things too.

Last edited:

haidee

Hahah, that was unexpected. :lol: Thanks for clarifying.

--
Actually, I've been on this thread for a long time now wondering if I should comment or not, 'cause I'm not really sure if what I'm going to say will make sense~ (Mercury/Saturn square?)
But I feel like now I can talk about Inconjunctions :bandit: I haven't really looked much into inconjunctions (quincunx) untill just recently. And to be honest, I can't find much information on it.
I have a Mercury/Uranus Inconjunction (Cancer/Aquarius), but I'm not able to describe this aspect... I've had similar experiences, but they could also stem from having an Aquarius Moon because as far as I know, the Moon is also instincts based on emotions (?)

Just like katydid in post #2, I'd have moments in school where the teacher would ask me something and without actually knowing the correct answer, I'd still get the answer right by guessing.
I'll never forget the feeling when I answered an elaborative question in Physical Geography (idk what it's called in english) that no one could/would answer - surprising everyone and myself. The faces = priceless.

Other than that... Physically, I still have great balance and I've always been good at catching objects (never been good at throwing though). I think I'm lacking the "grace" though. I'd find my balance if I trip or something, but it'd still look weird or funny to whomever is watching.
You know, those people who accidentally trip and make a breakdance-move to make it seem like it was on purpose. That's what you mean when you say "beauty and grace", right? :p

Kitchy

Banned
@ haidee - that was funny!

GG - As far as the inconjunct/quinx - it is likely that the merc-uranus don''t see each other - don't respond - they don't connect in more immediate terms, but I imagine once the inconjunct meets (sometimes through a transit planet) the recognition of speed and agility in self (mind or body) is more evident.

TheFish

Fish - our placements are similar. My Merc is 19 aquarius and Uranus 24 Leo.

Here's the thing -

The opposition is always in the same triplicity, so I use wide orbs, even up to 10 degrees, for the oppositions and conjunctions. The closer they are, the more intensified, or noticeable, they become.

I think an 8 degree orb in a fixed opposition is still a valid orb of opposition.

What are your thoughts on your own mental/physical agility - quickness?

I would count it as an opposition. Especially because Uranus is the ruler of the Mercury in Aquarius. I absolutely believe that Mercury is feeling the opposition from Uranus making it more electrified, impulsive and perhaps erratic than if not.

Mercury Uranus folks tend to receive information quickly and are able to act on it quickly.

I have the opposition. I have known others with the aspect in variety of the combos. I've noted that this aspect provides quick reactions, reflexes and ability to catch things quickly - literally or figuratively.

I'm one of those folks who can catch flying objects that come out of the blue - something dropped but caught quickly - one handed left hand catches of something flying at me unexpectedly.

I've seen this in other's charts too - missing a step on a stair and being able to compensate without falling.

It's not just physical though - the quickest thinkers tend to have this aspect too. People who are great with comebacks or rebuttals in a milisecond.

Anyone else with these aspects who'd like to offer their thoughts?

I'm physically not quick at all. I might sometimes catch something that is falling or thrown towards me - and am surprised myself! Usually I'm slow, was never good at sports. I think my Taurus rising has the upper hand here. Missing a step on the stairs, Kitchy, I would definitely fall!

Mentally however, yes I'm very agile. I'm interested in a lot of topics but often my attention flutters elsewhere before I can develop a deeper understanding of it. My mind is a chatterbox, never still. Sometimes at the beginning of meditation or relaxation techniques something like "Take a deep breath and empty your mind of all thoughts" is said - I can never do that.

I need a lot of mental stimulation, I have always been an avid reader. I get bored easily. In the days before the Internet I would read almost any book I could get my hands on rather than not have anything to read.

I can change topics quickly, sometimes mid sentence, and come back to the original starting point without hesitation. I can talk about several topics at once. I noticed that others sometimes don't follow and might perceive my way of talking as erratic. I have the best conversations with Aquarians :happy: They are also most likely to get my sense of humor.

Electro DGX

I have Mercury and Uranus conjunct the IC, so even though they are about 10-11 degrees wide in my chart, perhaps they are still conjunct because of the conjunction to the angle.

Nevertheless, they are both in Aquarius, and I have an Aquarius Stellium of 5 planets (Sun, Merc, Venus, Uranus, and Neptune), so I am naturally very Uranian anyways.

The bit about reacting very fast to things is very true. I can't count the number of times my quick reflexes has saved me from dropping plates on the floor and watching them shatter to pieces. I often have wondered what may be contributing to this, and Uranus would most definitely be an answer.

I am also quick mentally. Though I have Mercury square Mars, so I can often be SO quick that I can easily miss important things. I often try to dissect and analyze everything and do things very quickly. I am also very technology oriented/gifted in the use of technology. Often people call me the "computer guy" lol. I completely modified an entire game at the age of twelve and have gotten onto a record label with only two years of musical experience.

Kitchy

Banned
I have Mercury and Uranus conjunct the IC, so even though they are about 10-11 degrees wide in my chart, perhaps they are still conjunct because of the conjunction to the angle.

Nevertheless, they are both in Aquarius, and I have an Aquarius Stellium of 5 planets (Sun, Merc, Venus, Uranus, and Neptune), so I am naturally very Uranian anyways.

The bit about reacting very fast to things is very true. I can't count the number of times my quick reflexes has saved me from dropping plates on the floor and watching them shatter to pieces. I often have wondered what may be contributing to this, and Uranus would most definitely be an answer.

I am also quick mentally. Though I have Mercury square Mars, so I can often be SO quick that I can easily miss important things. I often try to dissect and analyze everything and do things very quickly. I am also very technology oriented/gifted in the use of technology. Often people call me the "computer guy" lol. I completely modified an entire game at the age of twelve and have gotten onto a record label with only two years of musical experience.

Electro -

Apologies for my late response to your post - and thank you!

You have expressed many telling and key merc-uranus talents.

The nimble mercury - quickly moving - and the see it before it's coming uranus is a real gift, isn't it? Both my son and my husband have Merc Uranus aspects and they have always been quick and reactive too.

I see too, where we tend to get things done in twice the time, or more, that many others can do - even those with equal or better skill. It's like time gets doubled for Merc-Uranus more than other folks.

As for the technology - I fail myself on the details, but I am pretty good grasping technological concepts and seeing quickly how they can be applied to day and day life. Merc Uranus seems to appreciate the extreme sports shows too - the X games and Nitro Circus and such - those bike riders, skateboarders, who find minutes in seconds when it comes to reactions and meeting up at just the right point. Not sure if I'm explaining myself well. But, it's all about the kismet of timing and motion and knowing what's going to happen next before it happens. Kind of like chess and boxing too, if I think about it it.

Split second reactions

WHYNOT

Banned
My Mercury in Scorpio is square to Uranus in Leo - hyper-active mind always dissecting and analysing , endeavoring to get to the bottom of things. Sudden flashes of insight , people can be shocked by the things I say because they have no idea where I'm coming from.. Nervous system can tend to get on overload , for which taking magnesium helps. Very good technical skills in the practical sense, eg rewiring electrical appliances, taking things apart & fixing, etc.

Last edited:

StillOne

I don't have the Uranian connection with Mercury but I have lightning fast reflexes that get me thru quite a bit mentioned above. Mercury in Scorpio is known to be dexterous. I also have Uranus as my final dispositor so that could make a diff. Possibly my Sun conj Ur also has influence.