My friend's insane stellium

Onion

This is the chart of a friend of mine.
I figured you all would find his mega-stellium interesting.

What do you think?

Attachments

• jamesv2.jpg
    jamesv2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 48
  • jamesv3.jpg
    jamesv3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 49
  • jamesv4.jpg
    jamesv4.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 51
  • jamesvch.gif
    jamesvch.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 91

Peregrine_Moon

Not insane. Intense.

Bundle configurations can be difficult or liberating. Sometimes both at the same time.

Ambition (Sun) and the need to make things happen in a precise, orderly way (Moon) are joined together under enormous tension in the house of self-undoing, isolation, secrets and unfinished business, all projected through a self-conscious, sober and judgmental personality (Saturn in the 1st). There's great spiritual motivation (Jupiter setile Neptune) and brutal, perhaps cruel honesty (Pluto sextile Sun). He is selfish and secretive (12th house).

No fire; he compensates for it with strong communication skills (Mercury conjunct the Ascendant). He may be argumentative (Mercury conjunct Ascendant, conjunct Sun, conjunct Mars). Strong idealism (Mercury conjunct Venus) is a source of pain and frustration and will motivate him.

He may have had a difficult birth or some physical problems (Saturn) in his early life that prompt overcompensation in adulthood.

This young man could be a saint or a zealous fanatic. Or both.

Zuri

Wow, this young man has a lot of power in his chart! :surprised: James has a lot of conjunctions in his natal chart, which are the most powerful aspects in astrology. Because the chart you uploaded is a bit difficult to read (Astro.com has the most readable charts), I've taken the liberty of recreating his chart in a more readable format:

James+Natal+Chart.gif

I'm not a professional astrologer, but here is what his chart shows:

Problems With Self-Presentation (5 indicators): 3 or more indicators demonstrates a life theme that will definitely occur in the individual's life. This is because James' signs in the 1st House / House of Self (in Aquarius) and 7th Houses / House of Partnerships (in Leo) are intercepted. It will likely be difficult to him to be noticed by others and get his just due.

In addition, with Saturn (inhibitedness) in his 1st House / House of Self, James likely has low self-esteem about his physical appearance.

With Mars (action) in the introspective 12th House / House of Self-Undoing, James has problems asserting himself. Has James been bullied (his Sun -- or ego -- being in the secretive 12th House suggests that he was)?

James has only 1 planet in an Air sign, so effectively communicating with others is likely problematic for him.

James has only no planets in Fire signs, which means that he lacks self-confidence in asserting himself.

Very Religious / Spiritual (5 indicators): 3 or more indicators demonstrates a life theme that will definitely occur in the individual's life. James' 2nd House / House of Value cusp ruler (Pisces=Neptune) lies in the 12th House / House of Self-Undoing, which rules the unconscious (among other things). He has much talent in being a spiritual counselor.

His 3rd House / House of Communications cusp ruler (Aries=Mars) is in the 12th House / House of Self-Undoing: He will become attracted to communicating religious / spiritual ideas.

His 4th House / House of Home & Family cusp ruler (Taurus=Libra) lies in the 12th House. While James may or may not be religious at the moment (his 9th House / House of Philosophy cusp ruler being located in the 12th House and his 12th House cusp ruler being located in his 9th House mean that he will experience religious confusion at some point in his life), he will draw much emotional security from his religiosity / spirituality as he ages.

His 11th House / House of Friendships cusp ruler (Sagittarius=Jupiter) lies in the 9th House / House of Philosophy, which includes religion. The 11th House also rules organizations and social causes, so James will likely use a religious organization as a vehicle to create some sort of social change.

With Mars (action) in the 12th House / House of Self-Undoing, James will be strongly motivated to seek religious / spiritual truth in his life (likely due to family issues....see below).

A Helping / Altruistic / Social Change Career (4 indicators
).
3 or more indicators demonstrates a life theme that will definitely occur in the individual's life. James' 2nd House / House of Value cusp ruler (Pisces=Neptune) lies in the 12th House / House of Self-Undoing, which also rules large public institutions and altruism. James is a very idealistic guy, and drawn to helping others. He is likely to go into a helping profession that is related to some large public institution (hospital, church, prison, etc.)

James' 6th House / House of Health cusp ruler (Cancer=Moon) lies in the 12th House. The 6th House also rules work environment and is the house of public service. Thus, James will likely work hard to help others.

His 11th House / House of Friendships cusp ruler (Sagittarius=Jupiter) lies in the 9th House / House of Philosophy, which includes travel. The 11th House rules humanitarianism and social causes. James' humanitarian work is likely to be international in scope.

James' Part of Fortune is located in the 12th House / House of Self-Undoing, which rules large public institutions and compassion for the needy. He will have the most fortune in his life when he altruistically serves society.

Concerned About His Public Image & Being Heard (3 indicators): 3 or more indicators demonstrates a life theme that will definitely occur in the individual's life. James' 1st House / House of Self cusp ruler (Capricorn=Saturn) is also in the 1st House. His self-identity is very important to him, as is the image that he presents to others.

In addition, James' 10th House / House of Social Status cusp ruler (Scorpio=Pluto) also lies in the 10th House, which rules public image. This means that he feels very responsible for maintaining his public image.

With Mercury (thoughts & communications) in the 1st House, James' ability to communicate his ideas is critical to his self-identity. This is especially so with his Mercury conjunct his Ascendant (persona).

Private & Secretive (3 indicators): 3 or more indicators demonstrates a life theme that will definitely occur in the individual's life. His 3rd House / House of Communications cusp ruler (Aries=Mars) lies in the secretive 12th House / House of Self-Undoing. Many of his communications and thoughts are secretive in nature.

His 4th House / House of Home & Family cusp ruler (Taurus=Venus) lies in the 12th House. The 4th House also rules emotional security, so James gets emotional security from having his privacy.

His Neptune (dreaminess) is in the 12th House / House of Self-Undoing, so James often likes to go into his private inner world.

Last edited:

Zuri

More about James' natal chart:

Likely To Be A Leader / His Own Boss (2 indicators): His 10th House / House of Social Status cusp ruler (Scorpio=Pluto) also lies in the 10th House, which also rules the career. He is likely to become a leader in some way in his career, or he may wish to start his own business or work for himself.

His leadership ability is further demonstrated by him having 7 planets in cardinal signs. James is a go-getter type who will go after his goals.

Possibly Doesn't Know His Birth Mother (2 indicators): His Moon (which symbolizes the mother) in the secretive 12th House / House of Self-Undoing suggests that he doesn't know his birth mother. The Moon also represents emotions, so there is likely some emotional trauma regarding his mother that he will need to resolve in the future.

In addition, his 4th House / House of Home & Family cusp ruler (Taurus=Venus) lies in the secretive 12th House / House of Self-Undoing. There's some sort of secret in his family, possibly related to his mother?

Strong Capricorn Personality: All of his personal planets -- Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars -- are in Capricorn. This means that he is about as "pure" of a Capricorn (good and bad) as they come.

Low Self-Worth
: Because of his Saturn being in the 1st House / House of Self. He may feel that he doesn't measure up to others, and tend toward pessimistic thinking. With his Saturn in Aquarius though, this should be somewhat minimized.

Likely Has A Strong Resemblance To A Grandparent: That's what his 1st House / House of Self cusp ruler (Capricorn=Saturn) also being in the 1st House suggests.

A Selfish Individual: Ironic, given his chart placements. However, all of his planets except Jupiter lie in the Eastern Hemisphere (left half of the natal chart), which means that he is primarily motivated by his self-interest.

Seeks To Make A Significant Mark On The World: All of his planets except Mercury and Saturn are above the horizon, which means that he primarily has an outer world focus.

Creativity Is Important To His Identity: His 5th House / House of Pleasure cusp ruler (Gemini=Mercury) lies in the 1st House / House of Self. The 5th House rules creativity, so this is important to his self-identity.

May Have Secret Relationships: His 7th House / House of Partnerships cusp ruler (Cancer=Moon) lies in the secretive 12th House / House of Self-Undoing. He may enjoy relationships that have some secretive nature to them.

May Turn To Alcohol & Drugs As A Form Of Escapism: James will need to watch himself very closely on the drugs & alcohol front. He is a very sensitive soul and may feel misunderstood by the world. With all those conjunctions to his Neptune (dreaminess), he may turn to drugs & alcoholism to cope with life.

Change Is Very Difficult For Him: No planets in Mutable signs, so it's difficult for James to adapt to new situations.

Last edited:

Bina

Wow! Interesting chart!! :surprised:

Looks to me like he is trying to balance a lot of different energies, born just before a new moon, so Sun-Moon conjunct with a bunch of planets sandwiched in the middle of this conjunction, Mars and Venus next to each other.. one of his generation with Uranus-Neptune conjunction, with the Sun right in the middle of the two.. and the whole stellium conjunct his ascendant from the 12th house, except for Mercury in the first close to Asc.. is he a good communicator? can he express what's going on for him? What's he like??
Uranus so closely conjunct his Ascendant, he must have an original personality.. probably rebellious as well.. perhaps ingenious..
How does he express so much Capricorn? - Sun, Moon, Asc and 5 planets..
And Saturn square Pluto, both strong in their own sign..Saturn in Aqua also rules all the Capricorn planets and is in mutual reception with Uranus on the Asc. again strengthening Uranus.. he must be a very unusual person.. :innocent:

Peregrine_Moon

Onion, while working on a friend's chart, it occurred to me that James may have been adopted or perhaps he was separated from his mother when he was very young. Can you confirm this? I'm not certain about it, but my friend also has Sun, Moon and Neptune in the 12th house and was adopted, but didn't know it until later in life.

Thank you!

Zuri

What Will Be James' Future Career? (Vocational Profiling Approach)

James has a flood of positive aspects to his Midheaven, aka the career cusp. Thus, his career is likely to be very successful. Using astrologer Noel Tyl's vocational profiling approach:

James' Midheaven / career cusp is in Scorpio (investigation, intensity), through the ruling planet of Pluto. His Pluto in Scorpio (investigation, intensity) lies in the 10th House / House of Social Status. His Pluto is conjunct his True Node, which provides James with intuitive ability. This intuitive ability may possibly be channeled through a political / government forum (which the 10th House represents).

Sun (ego) sextile his Midheaven gives him leadership ability (possibly in the political realm). The Sun rules the 7th House / House of Relationships in his natal chart (via Leo), which brings relating to others into the picture.

Moon (emotions) sextile his Midheaven means that he'll have a good relationship with co-workers. The Moon rules his 6th House / House of Health (via Cancer), which brings hard work and public service into the picture.

Venus (affection) sextile his Midheaven means that he seeks diplomacy and beauty in his career. Venus rules both his 4th House / House of Home & Family (via Taurus) and his 9th House / House of Philosophy (via Libra), which brings emotional security (4th House issue) as well as diplomacy, travel, and religion (9th House issues) into the picture.

Mars (action) sextile his Midheaven means that he will be assertive in his career goals. Mars rules his 3rd House / House of Communications (via Aries), which brings communications into the picture.

Jupiter (expansion) is conjunct his Midheaven, which is the most powerful relationship made to his Midheaven. This gives James great ability to inspire faith in others, by teaching and/or counseling them. Many religious leaders and missionaries have this placement in their chart. Via Sagittarius, Jupiter rules both his 11th House / House of Friendships (which includes organizations and social causes) and his 12th House / House of Self-Undoing (which rules altruism and compassion for the needy).

Uranus (rebellion) sextile his Midheaven means that James may have great ability to challenge government authority in some way. I think that we eliminate this option though, because Uranus (via Aquarius) rules no house in James' chart due to intercepted signs.

Neptune (dreaminess) sextile his Midheaven gives him more intuitive ability. Neptune rules his 2nd House / House of Value (via Pisces), which brings money and self-worth into the picture.

Part of Fortune sextile his Midheaven means that luck will benefit his career. His POF is found in the 12th House / House of Self-Undoing, which brings more altruism and compassion for the needy into the mix.

Vocational Profile Summary: James' future career is likely to involve his intuitive ability, altruistically serve society, have compassion for the needy, involve relating to others, involve communications skills, enable him to inspire faith in others, play to his work ethic, provides him with emotional security, involves diplomacy and travel, and provides him with sufficient income and builds his self-worth. His career will be channeled through a religious, public service, teaching, counseling, and/or political organization.

gen6k

the january 1994 is also pretty close to the 1993 Uranus/Neptune conjunction and his Sun is in the middle.

this is like a Aqua-Pisces type thing imagination/revolution/spirituality/idealism/technology.

Last edited:

Zuri

Zuri, what program/software are you using to formulate these results, if you don't mind me asking?

No software program. I just used the house rulerships ("the ruler of X cusp is found in Y house") method to manually interpret James' chart. If a particular chart moves my spirit, then I may use it as an example to further practice my amateur astrology skills. I find that astrological rulerships reveal a lot about a person's life, especially if certain themes repeat again and again in the relationships between the houses.

Zuri

About James' creativity (which we know by examining his quintile aspects), which relate to his Jupiter in the 9th House / House of Philosophy:

Unconventional Religious Beliefs: Due to his Jupiter (expansion) in the 9th House / House of Philosophy being quintile Uranus (rebellion) in the 12th House / House of Self-Undoing (with the 12th House ruling compassion and large public institutions). His religious beliefs will likely be avant-garde and pioneering in some way.

Philosophical Innovator: Due to his Jupiter (expansion) being quintile his Ascendant (persona). Thus, paving a different philosophical path is important to his self-identity.

Unconventional Fame: Due to his Jupiter being quintile the fixed star Regulus. However, this isn't traditional celebrity fame. He may come into the public spotlight for his unconventional life philosophy and approach to religious matters.

Last edited:

Peregrine_Moon

Ummm, Zuri, the only quindecile aspect that James could have is between his Midheaven at 16° Scorpio 39' and his South Node at 2° Gemini 4'.

The quindecile is a 165° angle and noticeable because it's almost an opposition (180°). The greatest aspect between Jupiter and any significant point or planet is 71° 45' to the Ascendant, which is a quintile (72°).

Jupiter is not forming a quindecile to Regulus, either. The distance between them is just over 79°.

The quindecile is certainly about obsession and compulsion as a compensatory mechanism in the personality. The quintile, however, indicates innovation and creativity.

Last edited:

Zuri

Ummm, Zuri, the only quindecile aspect that James could have is between his Midheaven at 16° Scorpio 39' and his South Node at 2° Gemini 4'.

The quindecile is a 165° angle and noticeable because it's almost an opposition (180°). The greatest aspect between Jupiter and any significant point or planet is 71° 45' to the Ascendant, which is a quintile (72°).

Jupiter is not forming a quindecile to Regulus, either. The distance between them is just over 79°.

The quindecile is certainly about obsession and compulsion as a compensatory mechanism in the personality. The quintile, however, indicates innovation and creativity.

Thanks for telling me! I confused the two symbols. Got that wrong. Still learning. Let me fix the post...

Last edited:

Onion

Peregrine,
James was not adopted. Before recently moving away for school, he was living with his mom, grandma, aunt, and cousin.

In response to everyone else's questions/comments,
I don't talk to him much lately, but he's a great guy. I would disagree about the selfishness. He was always very philosophical, itelligent, and open-minded. He's very much a capricorn, but not as cold or serious as they are often described. He's somewhat self-conscious and considerate. Very aware of how others are percieving him.

Peregrine_Moon

Thanks, Onion. If his father is away or in the background, that's important information for interpreting the 12th house stellium.

Selfishness in a bundle like this isn't necessarily craven or mean, by the way. Rather, it's that there is so much concentrated energy among those planets, all in the same sign and the same house, that his focus has to be internal, first. He will think of himself, what he needs and what he wants to do before he acts. That can be a very sensible thing to do, and it certainly serves the needs of his Moon, which are to take charge in order to make things happen.

Capricorn is unfairly represented as cold, detached and methodical. What it actually is is materially invested in what's going on and in the potential outcome. Capricorn is success-oriented and ably equipped to deal with obstacles large and small. In another thread here, I compared the Capricorn Moon with Radar O'Reilly in M*A*S*H.

I hope that your friend James is able to take the time to do things that are just fun for him and that he can sometimes be silly or spontaneous without anxiety. Play is really important for folks with so much earth in their charts, but it's also something they often have to struggle to allow themselves to engage in.

Onion

I completely agree about the misrepresentation of capricorn as a cold and unemotional sign. I was only stating that he was not, so that those with such misconceptions about capricorn do not assume that he is. I myself have a moon right in the middle of capricorn. :devil:

Caro

you might want to look up Donna Cunningham's website - skywalker. she is doing seminars on capricorn stelliums. she has done a lot of research in this area.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Well, firstly, hope, Onion, that you will be kind enough to describe your friend a bit to us soon, so we can understand how the stellium's energy pans out in reality.

I cannot add much to all that has already been said on the thread. His strong Saturn rules over that Stellium and Asc. However, the stellium in the 12th house, where energy is, on the one hand, internalised; whilst on the other hand, it transcends and goes over the boundaries of self-identity and ego. It is the house of self-undoing and retreat. Had the same stellium been in one of the other houses, the person could have been somewhat tyrannical (esp with Plu-Sat) towards others, but in the 12th, he might be more into retreat, hopefully not into self-harm or desolation. Some saving grace is provided by jovial Jup's sextile to Moon, and to Mars to come out of one's 'internal world'.

He has a very sharp mind and vivid imagination with Plu-Mer and Jup-Mars plus Jup-Moon. He will be successful careerwise, but, if not careful, could either abuse power or may, for some time be abused by it because he will be in contact with people in powerful positions. He might travel either to 'find his place in the world' (Jup in 9th and Ven in 12th), or due to career. He will be a very loyal person.

:)AQ7

Onion

Unfortunately, I haven't really talked to him much in the past couple years. What I do remember about him though is that he was a very objective and analytical person. He was always very wise for his age, and quite open minded. Also, he was very driven and single-minded. I'm not sure what issue he had with his father, but I know he was mostly out of the picture. He had great interest in spiritual matters and the unknown. Perhaps this was due to his highly concentrated 12th house. Unlike many, he was very open to the idea of astrology when I explained it to him. He seemed to be very aware that there are forces in the universe that cannot be explained by the modern scientific community, such as astrology. I'm not sure what he is going to school for. I will try to talk to him about it soon and let you guys know.