What happens after you die?

aquarius7000

You have a real attitude, know-it-all, foolish-arrogance problem. Either you will be able to overcome it because you aren't all that young either, or that will unfortunately be your ruin! You start threads asking questions but when you start getting responses, you mock and shun them. That proves you just start threads to get attention but have scant interest in actually learning.

Why don't YOU prove to me that your belief exists, instead of making believe in something that has no evidence.

Are you going to tell me the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists even though there is no evidence for it?

As Ayn Rand said, "You never have to prove a negative; that is a rule of logic."

Last edited:

david starling

You can't prove to a staunch materialist that anything exists other than the Material-realm. This thread should have been titled, "When you die, you're dead, end of story, and you can't prove otherwise!" Then it's just, Agree to Disagree, end of story.

conspiracy theorist

Or better yet, don't make the thread in the first place.

On a related note; flying spaghetti monster, Ayn Rand? He should add a couple hundred pounds and a fedora so that he can become a real "skeptic".

JUPITERASC

david starling

Or better yet, don't make the thread in the first place.

On a related note; flying spaghetti monster, Ayn Rand? He should add a couple hundred pounds and a fedora so that he can become a real "skeptic".

He could hold a seance, and see if she will communicate with him via a Rand typewriter, preferably the one she actually used, and took her name from. If she tells him there's life after death, he'll believe in it!

conspiracy theorist

He could hold a seance, and see if she will communicate with him via a Rand typewriter, preferably the one she actually used, and took her name from. If she tells him there's life after death, he'll believe in it!

heh, "skeptics" always condemn religion and spirituality but you'd be blind not to see that they such a religious reverence toward their mortal prophets. The recent Saganite was pretty wild.

Senecar

It would be dead cool to reincarnate after death, but there is no warranty or proof.

But would it not be in the realm of faith from that point on? Human reason has limit of its capability of knowing, as the German philosopher I. Kant has declared in his celebrated tome "Critique of Pure Reason".

Reason cannot know three things i.e. God, Free Will and Death. They belong to the world of Ding-An-Sich (thing in itself). They have to be postulated by faith or belief. They cannot be known.

We can only do three things. We believe in the system and have faith for the after life, or we deny any of possibility of after life or reincarnation, and remain materialist. Or we can be in-between. We say we don't know, and become an agnostic.

Last edited:

AppLeo

heh, "skeptics" always condemn religion and spirituality but you'd be blind not to see that they such a religious reverence toward their mortal prophets. The recent Saganite was pretty wild.

I believe in astrology; that should be enough for you. Most "skeptics" don't give astrology a chance.

conspiracy theorist

I believe in astrology; that should be enough for you. Most "skeptics" don't give astrology a chance.

Good. To become a skeptic as opposed to a "skeptic", you'd have to divorce yourself from hero worship. That might be a bit difficult with your Leo Sun in 7th but it's necessary.

craft94

DON'T "go into the Light"! It's a trap! :devil:

Yes, I've heard this.

To answer AppLeo's question, I can't say with 100% certainty to know what will happen, but reincarnation intuitively makes the most sense to me, though I don't think it'll last forever, and I think the goal is to get out - but let's enjoy it while it lasts

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hero worship is better than beliefs of christianity or reincarnation..

At least I can see my hero.
Hilariously your 'hero' may no longer appear the same - if reincarnated :smile:
Scientific Evidence for Reincarnation by Dr Ian Stevensom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbWMEWubrk0

aquarius7000

JA,

If a person has already made up his mind to not open it to other viewpoints, try as hard as you may, they will discredit it without as much as even listening/reading it.

AppLeo started this thread to tell us what he thinks about the subject at hand, not because they wanted to learn something from our contributions.

Hilariously your 'hero' may no longer appear the same - if reincarnated :smile:
Scientific Evidence for Reincarnation by Dr Ian Stevensom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbWMEWubrk0

Alzander

In my opinion I'd say that once we die our souls incarnate into other new lifetimes and other new living beings, how this exactly works is extremely questionable and varied in opinion and belief but yeah I feel you don't just dispel into dark nothingness.

There's a lot of research and study and whatnot on this great topic you've shared....some would say that it's all about karmic law of our thoughts and actions within this lifetime that guides and dictates what happens to us after death where as some are inclined to believe that we go to paradise or hell etc.......I mean astrology can be generally quite interlinkable into this topic in many respects....but yeah awesome thread...cool to see everyone's varying opinions etc...peace.