South Node in First House... what to do?

blacksun?

Ive got my SN on 27 degrees Aries conjunct Chiron.

Ascendant: 18 Aries.
Jupiter 21 Taurus, still first house.

My question is, Im hoping someone might offer insights based on this first house stuff alone: how do deal with this?

because the first house is the house of self-expression and will, and in Aries this is accentuated - some schools of astrology even say that the first house is whereto one needs to evolve.

The SN is usually understood as where we need to evolve away from - what we've done too much of.
So how in the hailstorm am I going to comprehend my mission here??

Its been perplexing to be honest. Chiron on the SN tells me I need to let go of my pain and healing obsession, I can see that. But what is it doing in the first house?

blacksun?

Hi Passiflora.
I didnt post my whole chart because last time I did, I had bad experiences with ill intended interpretations. I realize its not rewarding commenting on aspects without a chart, so thank you for taking the trouble.

"I know some folks with similar placements.
When you say you have a healing obsession, is it purely for yourself, or for others?"

Both. I am an efficient healer, can cure headaches from a distance in a few seconds, for example, and I have a philosophical approach which has actually cured people from depressions, nihilism, existential dread. But mostly Im always healing myself, as I go through constant... craziness.

Chiron is parallel Pluto by the way which trines Sun and Moon. Pluto in 6, Im obsessed with regeneration. I practice Chi Kung and Shao Lin as well, as well as kabbalistic pathworking and Seidr. So I think thats all Chironic and largely, Aries. Libra Chiron seems to me to involve healing through the arts, maybe, art is the thing I have managed to make money from more than anything else. Not to say its been a lot of money as Ive always been drawn away from public art back into my psyche. I love diving in my psyche and nearly drowning.

"One, with Chiron close to the Asc, is known as a gifted healer, and this person works from the wound."

I can confirm this.
Early on I fell in love with this sentence from Nietzsche:
"Spirit is life that cuts into life; by its own suffering doth it increase its knowledge!"

"One, with nodal axis in 1st / 7th, ruler of 7th and 1st both in 1st - can quite amuse himself with 1st house matters but the activities represented by the signs of SN and dispositor seem to function a lot better the more this person engages with 7th matters via the NN (and not necessarily in the “passive” way that might come more naturally via 7th cusp and its ruler in H1).
(I am using amuse and passive psychofiguratively here, rather than as descriptors of the planetary energies)"

Okay, I see, yes that fits. My problem with the 7th house is that it is so passive. For me... I feel little honor in it. I know it is there and Ive learned in some crises to respect that it can be active and must be - but thats hard to access. So far Ive mostly been able to go there in a crisis, not say, in an opportunity. Im crisis oriented, also having Uranus in the 7th, with the NN on the Pluto-Uranus midpoint. Im basically quite afraid of my NN, I suppose. Ive been a shy kid in the past but not because I doubted myself, or not purely that, but because I was always aware of the big influence my presence had on others. I always saw right into their vulnerabilities and that made me terrified. To be a child among adults who are often trembling sounds but seeming to convince each other that theyre on top of things, that scary as you can see the depth of the fall theyd have to face if I were to pierce through their ego. So these people basically have no choice but to treat me as insignificant and/or irritant. Thats the block I have before Libra and the 7th house I suppose as I write this - Ive been made to feel it makes me insignificant. But the experiences I have where I was truly consciously there with all my Chironic passion, which arfent a lot of experiences on the whole, have taught me that people actually seem to respect me on a level Ive not been respected any other time in my life. Namely, as someone they really like to see do well. Im just realizing this as I write it.

Mars in Capricorn in the tenth. That is a pretty cold Mars, though with a close trine to Jupiter in 1, it is very happy. It is happy in its rulership of Chiron which gives it the opportunity to experience itself very deeply. It is hard for Mars to relate to the 7 in terms of Libra,... though it quintiles Uranus there, Uranus in Scorpio.

Yeah, thats the key, Thats what Ive been truly blocked by, not understanding how I integrate Scorpio and Libra together in the 7th house. How in the hailstorm do these two signs integrate??

The 7th house begins at 18 Libra, ends at 28 Scorpio. The only planet in there is Uranus, at 11 Scorpio.

So... hm. Its really tricky.

IleneK

Premium Member
Ive got my SN on 27 degrees Aries conjunct Chiron.

Ascendant: 18 Aries.
Jupiter 21 Taurus, still first house.

My question is, Im hoping someone might offer insights based on this first house stuff alone: how do deal with this?

because the first house is the house of self-expression and will, and in Aries this is accentuated - some schools of astrology even say that the first house is whereto one needs to evolve.

The SN is usually understood as where we need to evolve away from - what we've done too much of.
So how in the hailstorm am I going to comprehend my mission here??

Its been perplexing to be honest. Chiron on the SN tells me I need to let go of my pain and healing obsession, I can see that. But what is it doing in the first house?

To me in all disciplines, I think an important question to ask is: "How simple are we willing to it be?"

So here it is simply: SN in the 1st means that you already know about the 1st; you come into this life with that knowing. So in this life your calling it to come into and understand the 7th. SN in the 1st is not anything to be particularly concerned about in my mind.

Chiron there points to your greatest source of healing. And wounding. Chiron is the WoundedHealer. So there is pain that you bring into this life associated with your sense of being; but that is old news. The fresh news and the place of healing is in the dynamic between the 1st-7th house arena. Your work is to find that wide pathway between self and other and walk it in ways that are beneficial and bring greater wholeness into your life.
Your day to day life is the arena where you can practice with it. I wouldn't try to find any more detail than that. Just pay attention and relax. :smile:

blacksun?

Hi Passiflora,
Ive not done that combo a lot, energy healing plus talk at the same time. You're right, that would be the most powerful thing. And it is scary to me, or not so much scary as something Im really not used to seeing myself doing.

When Ive done it, the results were... magical really. Can count the occasions on one hand.

Im scared of having that much power over someone.
Its one thing to defeat an adversary by superior understanding and mastery, its another to deeply influence an "innocent" by using the full force of my magnetism and verbal capacities.
I really need to trust myself to want to go there.
Self-trust, Im sure, is an issue here. Is that perhaps tied to Virgo...

blacksun?

Not a test of integrity, not a test, just something of which I cant oversee the consequences. Ive drastically changed a lot of lives due to my probing and in some eyes reckless approach to the impersonal world. Im just not sure what will happen to a person that I decide to give my full attention on these two levels at the same time. It would rather be a test of the other persons integrity, as arrogant as that may sound.

Ive got nothing in Virgo, Virgo and Pisces are intercepted in the 6th and 12th house. Venus in Pisces.