What does it mean to have a weak sun position?

ChildOfVenus

When you say sun and moon combination what do you mean?
youre overthinking it man youre sun and moon combination on top of a lot of signs in fire signs overcome that "debilitation" of your sun, besides mercury and mars is amping up in mars making you very direct and confident on top of your leo ascendant
thats a nice chart you got going there man

JUPITERASC

hey man nice insight how exactly would a mars in cancer 10th house midheaven manifest
cause i have this exact placement lol
ive been told its like a win or lose situation since mars in 10th is strong giving me ambition as far as career and action overall in the outside world
but since its also in cancer it gives me an overly sensitive nature as well kind of contradictory
since a lot of people would expect me to know what am doing or at least act like i know what im doing confidently

whats your take on this man?
Cancer Mars in 10th delineation is dependent on the totality of natal planetary placements
so that's why a chart is necessary to read
otherwise it's meaningless generalisation
or "One-Size-Fits-All" school of unreliable astrology :smile:

ChildOfVenus

Thanks for your input do you have any suggestions about what career field I should go into?
Well, the Sun in one's natal chart means your ego, your health, the light in your life. No Sun is weak. There are stronger suns than others, of course, but the Sun is such a powerful planet that it can never be truly weak. Even though you can find people with weaker egos and lower self-esteem, everyone has one. In almost every social situation a person has a relative egotistical or selfish awareness. For example, just like on one side you can commonly find Sun-Mercury conjunctions, you can commonly see people who want their opinions to be correct. You will never find someone who doesn't want to be right, when they're arguing with somebody. Everybody is selfish in that sense. This example was just to give you sort of an idea of what I'm talking about.

Either way...

A 'weak' planet can come from three places: the sign where it's at or the house where it's located at, and planet aspects. But right now, I'll just talk about the first two.

Signs weaken or strengthen planets since they determine a planets behaviour. Houses, on the other hand, strengthen or weaken planets since they tell us where a planet is working. If I had to pinpoint which of the two strengthens or weakens a planet more, I'd say that signs are more determining. On one side you can have a debilitated planet like Mars in Cancer in someone's midheaven, which, while it is doing its job in a very important part of your life, it still has trouble functioning well. A planet in rulership in a weak house may even affect other areas of your life since it's so strong by default. Although, this also has to do with exactly what house you're talking about. This leads us to see what houses does each house aspect. For example, the 9th house aspects the 1st and 5th with a trine (this is why it's considered the best of the cadent houses), while it also sextiles the 11th and 7th (very important ones!).

Anyway, your Sun isn't weak at all, so don't worry about it man.

JUPITERASC

Someone in my other thread told me I had a weak sun position.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97832

I don't understand what the person means by that.
I was asking what career would be best for me.
This is what the person said

career will be related in some way to partnership.

Career would be such that he / she will have to give a lot of time to it and input will not be equal to output.

A "weak sun position"may mean the natal sun is placed in a cadent house
cadent houses are 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th houses
Of these houses, the 9th is considered "best" because it is trine the ascendant

HOWEVER

Interestingly

The fact is, the house location of a natal planet can change,
dependent on the house system chosen :smile:
easily verify that fact at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use are available options
Placidus is simply the default
to view for yourself how that works in practice
simply create your natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
then create the same natal chart but this time using the Placidus option

WHOLE SIGN HOUSES LOCATES YOUR NATAL TAURUS SUN IN 10TH SIGN
A LOCATION CONSIDERED POWERFUL FOR THE SUN

so it's a matter of astrological opinion

2gtatqq.jpg

ChildOfVenus

Thank you I'm trying to figure out what career I should go into.
A "weak sun position"may mean the natal sun is placed in a cadent house
cadent houses are 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th houses
Of these houses, the 9th is considered "best" because it is trine the ascendant

HOWEVER

Interestingly

The fact is, the house location of a natal planet can change,
dependent on the house system chosen :smile:
easily verify that fact at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use are available options
Placidus is simply the default
to view for yourself how that works in practice
simply create your natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
then create the same natal chart but this time using the Placidus option

WHOLE SIGN HOUSES LOCATES YOUR NATAL TAURUS SUN IN 10TH SIGN
A LOCATION CONSIDERED POWERFUL FOR THE SUN

so it's a matter of astrological opinion

JUPITERASC

Thank you I'm trying to figure out what career I should go into.
Leo Ascendant means 1st House is also LEO
Ruler of Leo is SUN

Using Whole Sign Houses Cancer Sign is 12th House
and
11th house is Gemini
10th whole sign house is TAURUS

Ascendant ruler, SUN is in 10th whole sign house TAURUS
ruler of TAURUS is VENUS
hence house and sign location of natal Venus are an influence on career :smile:

Signfications of Venus include = Musicians, gamblers,
dealer in textiles, fabrics and fine cloth
linen-drapers, painters, jewellers
actors
a person who cuts, polishes, sets or deals in gemstones
embroiderers, women-tailors
singers, fiddlers, pipers
perfumers
seamstress
picture-drawers
engravers
upholsterers, glovers, all as sell those commodities which adorn women either in body (as clothes)
or in face, (as complexion-waters.)
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/venus_att.html#9

so there are multiple choices for VENUS related careers
- keep in mind natal Venus is located in Aries

Main Rulerships of
10th house = Employment, profession or trade
also employers and those in command.
Honour, prestige, reputation, power, control, dignity, glory, acclaim, advancement
- the worldly position, career or life-interest that attains these.
Likelihood of success relative to one's station in life.
Fame, infamy, notoriety - the public eye.
Unfavourable publicity if afflicted.
The Sun, Jupiter or Venus, if well aspected, indicate professional success
Saturn indicates responsibility or, if badly afflicted, disgrace and ruin.
Ancient authors recognised 10th influence on marriage and children.
Traditionally it is the house of the mother

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h10.html

ChildOfVenus

Thanks but I don't think I'd really make much money working in any of those fields.
Leo Ascendant means 1st House is also LEO
Ruler of Leo is SUN

Using Whole Sign Houses Cancer Sign is 12th House
and
11th house is Gemini
10th whole sign house is TAURUS

Ascendant ruler, SUN is in 10th whole sign house TAURUS
ruler of TAURUS is VENUS
hence house and sign location of natal Venus are an influence on career :smile:

Signfications of Venus include = Musicians, gamblers,
actors
perfumers
seamstress
picture-drawers
engravers
upholsterers, glovers, all as sell those commodities which adorn women either in body (as clothes)

so there are multiple choices for VENUS related careers
- keep in mind natal Venus is located in Aries

Main Rulerships of
10th house = Employment, profession or trade
also employers and those in command.
Honour, prestige, reputation, power, control, dignity, glory, acclaim, advancement
- the worldly position, career or life-interest that attains these.
Likelihood of success relative to one's station in life.
Fame, infamy, notoriety - the public eye.
Unfavourable publicity if afflicted.
The Sun, Jupiter or Venus, if well aspected, indicate professional success
Saturn indicates responsibility or, if badly afflicted, disgrace and ruin.
Ancient authors recognised 10th influence on marriage and children.
Traditionally it is the house of the mother

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h10.html

Witchyone

Thanks for your input do you have any suggestions about what career field I should go into?

Hi, ChildofVenus, I'm hopping in here because I note a couple things that strike me as important. You're the second person I've seen post just recently who wanted some kind of job in law enforcement who has a yod--if you're not familiar with yods, I suggest you read about them a bit. I'm the type of person who rushes toward bad stuff going down instead of running away like most sane people (and I too have a yod.) Does that sound familiar to you? All that to say, that it could be part of why you are gravitating toward law enforcement. I also note a lot of planets in the 8th house, which is associated with death and a need/desire (unsure of the right term) to confront it and be transformed through it. All of that does seem to point to law enforcement as being a good fit for you. Maybe something like EMS might also fit, or trauma doctor or nurse.

ChildOfVenus

Thank you for replying no I'm not familiar with Yod's is it a good thing to have one? I was thinking about maybe being a probation officer if I go into Criminal Justice I also thought about nursing as well.
Hi, ChildofVenus, I'm hopping in here because I note a couple things that strike me as important. You're the second person I've seen post just recently who wanted some kind of job in law enforcement who has a yod--if you're not familiar with yods, I suggest you read about them a bit. I'm the type of person who rushes toward bad stuff going down instead of running away like most sane people (and I too have a yod.) Does that sound familiar to you? All that to say, that it could be part of why you are gravitating toward law enforcement. I also note a lot of planets in the 8th house, which is associated with death and a need/desire (unsure of the right term) to confront it and be transformed through it. All of that does seem to point to law enforcement as being a good fit for you. Maybe something like EMS might also fit, or trauma doctor or nurse.

JUPITERASC

I thought reading a persons chart
could help them figure out what career field they should go into.
Quite :smile:
and career is associated with 10th House
and so
I did post some comments regarding 10th House Whole Sign Ruler
however when you replied

Thanks but I don't think I'd really make much money working in any of those fields.

because you "don't think you would really make much money working in any of those fields"
it seems that delineation of Taurus and Venus-ruled houses
is of no interest to you - and that's fine - that's your choice

Venus associated occupations I mentioned include
:

Musicians, gamblers,
actors
perfumers
seamstress
picture-drawers
engravers

However it is entirely possible that you could be a successful probation officer
and make money with that occupation

Witchyone

Thank you for replying no I'm not familiar with Yod's is it a good thing to have one? I was thinking about maybe being a probation officer if I go into Criminal Justice I also thought about nursing as well.

Erm, no, not really. Sorry. But, it seems to be associated with a powerful need to DO, so why not use that beneficially? :smile:

Here's a thread on the subject: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97971

Jadi, I think, had a really great, funny quote about yods the other day, but I can't find it.

ChildOfVenus

It's not that I'm not interested it's just that I'm thinking about if I'd be able to make a living in regards to those careers. I think those would be good hobbies for me.
Quite :smile:
and career is associated with 10th House
and so
I did post some comments regarding 10th House Whole Sign Ruler
however when you replied

because you "don't think you would really make much money working in any of those fields"
it seems that delineation of Taurus and Venus-ruled houses
is of no interest to you - and that's fine - that's your choice

Venus associated occupations I mentioned include
:

Musicians, gamblers,
actors
perfumers
seamstress
picture-drawers
engravers

However it is entirely possible that you could be a successful probation officer
and make money with that occupation

ChildOfVenus

Oh I see what planets in my chart form a yod? I feel like I have so much going on in my chart. I don't even think I'd ever want to get married. But that's because I have a lot of Uranus in my chart. That Venus square Uranus really makes it difficult.
Erm, no, not really. Sorry. But, it seems to be associated with a powerful need to DO, so why not use that beneficially? :smile:

Here's a thread on the subject: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97971

Jadi, I think, had a really great, funny quote about yods the other day, but I can't find it.

Witchyone

Thank you I guess maybe I can try to figure out what my YOD means.

I was going to look again, but your chart seems to be gone. Can you reattach it? Also, please note, I'm new too, I've just read a lot about yods in the past few months. One feature of them seems to be that they are maddeningly different for each person. I will try, though, if you post the chart again.

Edit: LOL, nevermind. Couldn't see that there was a first page. Airhead...

Witchyone

I'm not sure how much you know. The dotted green lines forming a triangle to the blue line (sextile aspect) are the yod in your chart. It's Mars, Pluto, Neptune with Mars at the fulcrum.

Here's a definition from the website http://sisterrayastrology.com/power.htm that is better than I can do:
"For those of you who are not familiar with the Yod configuration, it is an isosceles triangle formed by two planets sextile each other and both quincunx a third, fulcrum planet. Like the Grand Cross, the Yod can be said to be one of the most challenging configurations that can occur in a horoscope. Just as a person with a Grand Cross can feel like they are always “up on the cross” in life, so too is a person with a Yod “crossed,” in particular, star-crossed by the Finger of Fate, for the Yod is also referred to as the “Finger of God.”"

So, that sounds pretty neat, right? Chosen for something? Fated? Yay! But the problem is figuring out what the hell that is. You may find yourself bull-headedly marching into something and then changing your mind about it completely. Or maybe that's just me. I have a Moon fulcrum. That indicates that my "Finger of God" or purpose is somehow related to the Moon energy, which is being fed by my leg planets.

Or "fed" might be the wrong word. The energy could maybe flow easily from the legs to the fulcrum, but it can't because with the quincunx, you have incompatible energies.

Yours is pointing at Mars in Gemini in the 10th house,

Again from the website:
"With Mars fulcrum:
MARS – Symbol of war, combat, action, military impulses. You have been chosen to take up the sword, whether literally or symbolically and fight for a cause.
CHOSEN TO ACT, TO BATTLE"

and the leg planets are Pluto in Scorpio in the 3rd house and Neptune in Capricorn in the 5th.

I'd say with that focal Mars in Gemini in the 10th, you'll feel called to do something public using a facility with language and/or the ability to charm/act/adapt or maybe an ability to synthesize information: writing, acting, speaking, politics, espionage :ninja: Mars could indicate something like law enforcement or the military, or it could just mean aggressive energy in this pursuit, whatever it ends up being. I'm making it sound like the fulcrum purpose is the same as career...that's not necessarily true with a yod, but I think it might be true in your case because of where yours points (10th house).

One other little issue...Mars is conjunct chiron. So you may feel blocked in using that energy you need to use.

As for how those leg planets get involved, you're going to need someone with a lot more experience to give it a go.

ChildOfVenus

Thank you I'm still new to astrology myself so I understand :) somethings are confusing but I have learned a lot. I'm not sure what I'd do in regards to law enforcement I've never wanted to be a police officer. But I have thought about going into Public/Private Security. But then I start thinking about something completely different.
I'm not sure how much you know. The dotted green lines forming a triangle to the blue line (sextile aspect) are the yod in your chart. It's Mars, Pluto, Neptune with Mars at the fulcrum.

Here's a definition from the website http://sisterrayastrology.com/power.htm that is better than I can do:
"For those of you who are not familiar with the Yod configuration, it is an isosceles triangle formed by two planets sextile each other and both quincunx a third, fulcrum planet. Like the Grand Cross, the Yod can be said to be one of the most challenging configurations that can occur in a horoscope. Just as a person with a Grand Cross can feel like they are always “up on the cross” in life, so too is a person with a Yod “crossed,” in particular, star-crossed by the Finger of Fate, for the Yod is also referred to as the “Finger of God.”"

So, that sounds pretty neat, right? Chosen for something? Fated? Yay! But the problem is figuring out what the hell that is. You may find yourself bull-headedly marching into something and then changing your mind about it completely. Or maybe that's just me. I have a Moon fulcrum. That indicates that my "Finger of God" or purpose is somehow related to the Moon energy, which is being fed by my leg planets.

Or "fed" might be the wrong word. The energy could maybe flow easily from the legs to the fulcrum, but it can't because with the quincunx, you have incompatible energies.

Yours is pointing at Mars in Gemini in the 10th house,

Again from the website:
"With Mars fulcrum:
MARS – Symbol of war, combat, action, military impulses. You have been chosen to take up the sword, whether literally or symbolically and fight for a cause.
CHOSEN TO ACT, TO BATTLE"

and the leg planets are Pluto in Scorpio in the 3rd house and Neptune in Capricorn in the 5th.

I'd say with that focal Mars in Gemini in the 10th, you'll feel called to do something public using a facility with language and/or the ability to charm/act/adapt or maybe an ability to synthesize information: writing, acting, speaking, politics, espionage :ninja: Mars could indicate something like law enforcement or the military, or it could just mean aggressive energy in this pursuit, whatever it ends up being. I'm making it sound like the fulcrum purpose is the same as career...that's not necessarily true with a yod, but I think it might be true in your case because of where yours points (10th house).

One other little issue...Mars is conjunct chiron. So you may feel blocked in using that energy you need to use.

As for how those leg planets get involved, you're going to need someone with a lot more experience to give it a go.