suicide

Nexus7

I'd be very careful about reading "suicide" in a chart. VERY CAREFUL. After many years of working with charts, and discovering how frequently (when I really listened to the client,) my "mind scenario" needed adjusting, I'm careful even with the easy stuff. Suicide... DON'T GO THERE.

Someone told me I should have sued the woman who told me I would commit suicide unless I gave up my artistic direction and just thought about making money instead. At the time I was on the dole did have concerns about the feasibility of getting off it and being left alone. She also predicted I would leave the country, which I did. She was a good reader. But there was either a poison tip of envy there, or she was just the kind of person who gets excited by the slightest sign of disagreement in another of her opinions.

Interestingly enough, the organisation who sent her to me for vetting could see nothing wrong with the fact that she was going round making suicide predictions.

In point of fact, not being creative artistically is far worse than being creative in the face of indifference (and occasionaly, hostility).

I think I also mentioned the case of the boy I read for who had been told he would commit suicide by a certain date.

However, if there is a very depressed vibe coming from someone in the course of a reading, I do think it could be worth just checking whether or not they might be thinking of doing anything stupid. If they then say yes, then it might be possible to steer them towards the help they need.

Otay

Hey said:
Have you seen the chart of that model, Ruslana Korshunova? She committed suicide last week.
Yes. You inspired me to look. Poor kid, she's just 6 1/2 weeks older than my son.
There's something about how vulnerable and thin the veil with young people between 19-22 or so. They are discovering the perameters of our limited square world while theirs is round and permeable (out of body experiences, etc., especially when under stress).
Her chart is very tied to sentiment, home and mother. She was homesick and her world was unreal. Her father, apparently committed suicide when she was six.
Which underscores my earlier point about what suicide does to children.
If you won't do it for yourself, then hang in for them. PLEASE.

Otay

Pelagic87, the only one I can think of with that sort of attitude was Hunter Thompson. But he was in lousy health and think his decision was based upon that. Plus, all those years of drug abuse fried his pleasure receptors (ability to feel a sense of wellbeing).
Just having pluto in scorpio in the eigth is hardly an indicator for suicide especially since the planetary arrangement is far more complex and childhood experience/ life circumstances are quite intense and are usually depressed and turn destruction against themselves because they are lost.
Then again, just about everybody hits some serious lows, develop patience and come out the other side without seriously considering self-destruction.

If you have aries rising, mars, which is scorpio's co-ruler is rising which is pretty fearless and hardly will allow themselves to be stuck for long in any circumstance.

Vicious

Katles,

Can you post your chart?

My unprofessional guess is that you're suffering from depression, and need a check-up to see if medication would be helpful.

Mars (conjunct?) Saturn (maybe conjunct Pluto wide as well?) is often a type of depression. The other things you mention aren't by themselves indicators (Mercury sq. Uranus just means you're intelligent, e.g.)

I think when we look at Neptune trines, e.g. jupiter trine neptune in water signs, that isn't by itself indicative of suicide, rather tendency to easy escapism, so that if other indicators are harsh enough that route may be chosen. The whole chart needs to be looked at.

Claire19

unukalhai said:
i've only considered suicide in astrology studies through one chart, which I don't believe I even have the natal chart for anymore. a friend of mine had a friend who did the unthinkable, and i had a look at it. the major factor I saw was saturn opposing the natal uranus, meaning she felt restricted in her sense of individuality and identity, which quite well described the reason for her unfortunate decision. her inability (restriction) to expressing herself, and the hardships it caused her, drove her into a very deep form of depression and self-doubt. with no outlet, and nobody who she really connected with, she was helpless, or so she felt.

i would imagine there would be predisposition in the natal chart as well, but i didnt see it...

jupiter/neptune linkage can cause excessive idealism, and make this world seem really drab. if not properly handled, that could be a major problem.
Neptune, Moon, Saturn and Pluto with Mercury for negative thinking are markers for suicide. JUpiter tends to exaggerate whatever it is aspecting. We need to look at the whole chart and the 8th and 12th house also. One aspect does not tell anywhere near the full story. There are many combinations.

Last edited:

Claire19

Vicious said:
Katles,

Can you post your chart?

My unprofessional guess is that you're suffering from depression, and need a check-up to see if medication would be helpful.

Mars (conjunct?) Saturn (maybe conjunct Pluto wide as well?) is often a type of depression. The other things you mention aren't by themselves indicators (Mercury sq. Uranus just means you're intelligent, e.g.)

I think when we look at Neptune trines, e.g. jupiter trine neptune in water signs, that isn't by itself indicative of suicide, rather tendency to easy escapism, so that if other indicators are harsh enough that route may be chosen. The whole chart needs to be looked at.

Mercury square Uranus is an indicate of instability and bi polar or a nervous condition. May be very bright also but can feel that ideas are way ahead of your time and others do not appreciate your brilliance.

Claire19

Jenna Jupiter said:
Now i know why i'm such a cheer up.:rolleyes:

/JJ

Capricorn tends to pessmism and negativity. Too serious and needing to achieve at all costs sometimes. Aquarius can indicate instability and erratic influences although can also indicate brilliance and great ingenuity. Also detachment can cause loneliness because of lack of intimacy.

Vicious

Jenna Jupiter said:
Now i know why i'm such a cheer up.:rolleyes:

/JJ

It seems plain enough to me -- North Node one degree before Venus in 5th in cappy.

Follow your north and you'll cheer up. :)

How do I interpret that? Schedule regular fun activities, whether you FEEL like doing them or not. :p

Claire19

Arian Maverick said:
Good point, blueheron.

As the saying goes, "The stars impel; they do not compel." How can one possibly look at a chart and say a native is "destined" for suicide?

With this thought in mind, however, perhaps there would be certain astrological portraits that may incline one to have self-destructive--although not necessarily suicidal--thoughts. I suppose one must also take into consideration why a certain individual may wish to take his or her own life.

If anyone on the forums is contemplating suicide, please get help!

I'm sorry, but I couldn't participate in this thread with a clear conscience without stating this.

Arian Maverick

The stars impel they do not compel.

Lissa

I am putting up my chart for research purpuoses-I have tried it three times-eecks,I can't even say the word now!It wasn't that long ago,really.I did it three times within one year,not to count the times where I fantasized about it.I can't even think about it now,not because I don't feel like this is all pointless but only because my family would be destroyed if I died,and my mom would hate me forever,as her sister committed suicide about 3/4 years ago and she resent her a lot,mostly due to the fact that her death completely destroyed my grandmother.I've been diagnosed bipolar and I was heavily medicated for a while,taking 5 different pills in one day alone.In my chart,I believe the signs of suicide are:

Moon square Uranus
Mercury square Uranus
Venus square Saturn for depression
Venus square Chiron for more depression and feelings of being unworthy/not enough
Moon sextile Saturn
Jupiter opposite Saturn
Mars quincunx Pluto
Sun square Mars(anger directed at self)

Melissa.gif

wilsontc

Staff member
that's how to handle it, to Lissa

Lissa,

You said:
Lissa said:
I have tried it three times...I can't even think about it now...my family would be destroyed if I died,and my mom would hate me forever,as her sister committed suicide about 3/4 years ago and she resent her a lot,mostly due to the fact that her death completely destroyed my grandmother.

That's the way to handle the suicide urge: keep reminding yourself of all the people in the world who would be worse off if you left before your time.

Non-astrologically,

Tim

archergirl

I don't think there is an astrological basis for suicide. Suicide is *entirely* a personal choice, and is done for many different reasons, by people with vastly differing charts. Many people have difficult charts. How many people were born on the same day as you, Lissa, and have similarly challenging charts? Now, how many of those have given up? I think you'd find it's statistically very small. Even difficult charts can be managed, with gentleness toward oneself, and self-awareness. You have plenty of self-awareness; you just need to give yourself some time to figure out how to manage your feelings in a more constructive way.

AG:)

EJ53

Banned
Lissa said:
.....my family would be destroyed if I died

You'd be very much missed on by this "forum family" too, Lissa......I always find your posts heartwarming and encouraging, even when you're feeling down yourself.......Sometimes we forget how many lives are changed for the better by our own (and often without us ever knowing about it).

EJ:)

Vicious

"Mercury square Uranus is an indicate of instability and bi polar or a nervous condition. May be very bright also but can feel that ideas are way ahead of your time and others do not appreciate your brilliance."

From my experience there are plenty of smart (Merc sq Ura) people without bipolar disorder.

Lissa

Thank you EJ,your words really melted my heart and I kind of needed it:eek: I do think you can suicidal tendencies in a chart,otherwise why wouldn't all people born the same day have the exact same lives?Anyway glad I am past that,just need to fin my fuel once more.

Serendipity

I think planet placements/aspects make you prone to certain ways of thinking or acting, key word being prone...((I haven't read thru all the posts under this thread).
I find that many people with first house Saturns seem to consider suicide more often. Heavy doses of planets in Capricorn as well. There also seems to be an astrological signature with Mars conjunct or square the nodal axis for a violent end.
But I tend to think that transits would have an impact on the final decision to check out so to speak.
My brother in law committed suicide .. he had 4 planets in Capricorn (including Saturn) and transiting Uranus/Neptune were on his Sun. Transiting Saturn on his Chiron and he was having his Mars return.

Claire19

Katles said:
Does anyone have any comments about possible suicide found in a birth chart.
Many scenarios. Neptune in the 12th or heavily aspected. Pluto with Sun and Mercury and Saturn. Combinations of these. Moon also.

I have Mercury Pluto Saturn Conjunct in the sixth and have had suicidal thoughts because of lack of employment and having no money. I was rescued by various means. Wont bore anyone with all that. However later I became a natural therapist and was able to work on negative emotions which helped to heal the issues in time. That they sextile Neptune Mars in the 8th I think have saved me as I realise the implications of a life not lived through and that we return to do it again and fulfill that contract and my cognisance of reincarnation etc. The 8th deals with major transformations through crises as well. What doesnt kill us makes us stronger as they say.

Last edited:

astropsychologist

I have a friend who committed suicide, I don't know his time of birth however I checked his chart when it happened. Natally he had Moon square Neptune, Pluto had been transiting over his Neptune for the last year of his life and when Mars came into conjunction with Pluto, he ended his life.

I think the Mars transit is interesting, people who suffer from depression often report that they lack the energy to kill themselves, a Mars transit lends them the energy to go through with it. So if you're worried about someone, I think watching Mars might be something to watch in their charts.