Will we make a relationship?

LadyLazarus

We recently met, we had sex, he told me he wants a relationship with me, I want too, so we kind of agreed we are together. The thing is, we are not so together. He wants to be alone all the time etc. And he had a relationship 5 years with another person and just broke up a month ago. I wonder If we will make a real serious relationship. Please help :)
14/12, 16.54, Athens, Greece

Attachments

• relation.gif
    relation.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 40

kalypso1979

hi
you are mercury, he is jupiter and his ex is mars. both you and he are in detriment, a position of weakness. also jupiter is retrogade.
between you there is an applying opposition that means that could be a relationship, but this opposition stop because jupiter stop to be retrogade, so stays incomplete.so there could not be a relationship.both you and he are located in the 12th house of other, that means that if there were relationship won t be so "normal "as you want, but more secret..
also moon seperates from a trine to jupiter, another bad sign.
between you and him there is mutual reception that means that likes one another. his ex wants him still, but he doesnt.
because jupiter is retrogade, he has the tense to go back and change his mind.he isn t as stable as you want for a person you would like to be your relationship at this time at least.
:kissing:

LadyLazarus

Thank you very much! Yes, he isn't stable at all. He doesn't seem ready to me for relationship, but he insists he wants me. I didn't know you can see his ex. It is a relief he doesn't want her. But you said he has the tense to change his mind:(

IleneK

Premium Member
We recently met, we had sex, he told me he wants a relationship with me, I want too, so we kind of agreed we are together. The thing is, we are not so together. He wants to be alone all the time etc. And he had a relationship 5 years with another person and just broke up a month ago. I wonder If we will make a real serious relationship. Please help :)
14/12, 16.54, Athens, Greece

Both your significators [Mercury and Jupiter]are in the signs of their detriment and also in a negative mutual reception. [Your co-significator, Moon, is also in its fall.] This does not indicate a strong liking for each other. His, Jupiter, also is retrograde, suggesting that he might be more inclined to go back than to go forward.

Both planets are also weak in the cadent 6th-12th, with his in the 12th suggesting something perhaps being kept secret. While the two significators do apply to an opposition, the lack of dignity and reception indicate inadequate power or inclination to make a serious relationship.

Last edited:

LadyLazarus

Thank you. Moon conjunct Pluto aspect may show intense feelings he has for me and negative feelings?
Jupiter in 12th shows that he wants to hide the relationship, or wants to hide something from me?

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you. Moon conjunct Pluto aspect may show intense feelings he has for me and negative feelings?
Jupiter in 12th shows that he wants to hide the relationship, or wants to hide something from me?

While some refer to them, traditional horary does not delineate the outer planets. So I do not think that Pluto's aspect to your significator, Moon, would tell us about his feelings. More likely, the weak condition of Jupiter captures and reflects his feelings.

Jupiter in the 12th suggests that he has secrets or wants to keep secrets. Not sure I could say what those secrets are, based on the chart.

Last edited:

chris10

Both your significators [Mercury and Jupiter]are in the signs of their detriment and also in a negative mutual reception. [Your co-significator, Moon, is also in its fall.] This does not indicate a strong liking for each other. His, Jupiter, also is retrograde, suggesting that he might be more inclined to go back than to go forward.

Both planets are also weak in the cadent 6th-12th, with his in the 12th suggesting something perhaps being kept secret. While the two significators do apply to an opposition, the lack of dignity and reception indicate inadequate power or inclination to make a serious relationship.

Ilene I've read so much lately on horary, I think it's all messed up in my head :andy:
Could you please explain your interpretation concerning the mutual reception/ negative mutual reception concerning Mercury, Jupiter.
You'll be a great help.
Thanks

IleneK

Premium Member
Ilene I've read so much lately on horary, I think it's all messed up in my head :andy:
Could you please explain your interpretation concerning the mutual reception/ negative mutual reception concerning Mercury, Jupiter.
You'll be a great help.
Thanks

I'm not real experienced at this, so I may not explain it as clearly or as concisely [or as correctly!] as those with mastery. But here goes.

An example of an ordinary mutual reception would be like Jupiter in Taurus and Venus in Sagittarius. Each is in the sign that the other rules, so they are positively connected by this mutual receiving/reception for each other. Some say that this means that they like/love each other, each being in the sign of the other's dignity.

Now in the current horary, Mercury and Jupiter each begin by being in their detriment. So neither can express their energy well to begin with. [In the example of typical mutual reception with Jupiter and Venus above, the two planets did not start off in their detriment; they were just in some sign.] So here Mercury and Jupiter are in mutual reception, each in the sign the other rules, but since they both start off poorly, each in their detriment, the mutual receiving/reception is of an adverse nature.

That is how I understand it, at least.

chris10

I'm not real experienced at this, so I may not explain it as clearly or as concisely [or as correctly!] as those with mastery. But here goes.

An example of an ordinary mutual reception would be like Jupiter in Taurus and Venus in Sagittarius. Each is in the sign that the other rules, so they are positively connected by this mutual receiving/reception for each other. Some say that this means that they like/love each other, each being in the sign of the other's dignity.

Now in the current horary, Mercury and Jupiter each begin by being in their detriment. So neither can express their energy well to begin with. [In the example of typical mutual reception with Jupiter and Venus above, the two planets did not start off in their detriment; they were just in some sign.] So here Mercury and Jupiter are in mutual reception, each in the sign the other rules, but since they both start off poorly, each in their detriment, the mutual receiving/reception is of an adverse nature.

That is how I understand it, at least.

Thanks Ilene.
How about the feelings of these two people? Since Jupiter is in Gemini (in Mercury's rulership) and Mercury is in Sagit (in Jupiter's rulership) do you think they like or dislike each other?
I think I've read somewhere on these forums both opinions.
I would like your opinion and your personal experience.
Thanks again.
I appreciate your help

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks Ilene.
How about the feelings of these two people? Since Jupiter is in Gemini (in Mercury's rulership) and Mercury is in Sagit (in Jupiter's rulership) do you think they like or dislike each other?
I think I've read somewhere on these forums both opinions.
I would like your opinion and your personal experience.
Thanks again.
I appreciate your help

Again, let me say that I am only coming to understand horary and also that, as you point out, there are other effective methods of horary interpretation employed here on the forum.

Okay, here goes:

Individually, Mercury and Jupiter's essential dignity is poor here, each planet being in its detriment. So each begins by being impeded in this setting. It is suggested by some that essential dignity illustrates the motivation between the significators, and when the planets are in their detriment, their motivation for coming together is not good.

Reception shows one planet's like/dislike, attraction/repulsion for another planet. Mutual reception is when it those feelings are going both ways between the planets like this. To answer your question, I think the two parties are drawn to each other, like each other. But in this instance, since both significators are in their detriment, the underlying motivation of the participants is adulterated or somehow not the best of intentions, either consciously or unconsciously.

Mutual reception is a special kind of dignity called accidental, as opposed to essential, and some horary astrologers see it as the power of the significators to come together. Because this particular mutual reception is adverse in nature, along with the questionable motives, the power to come together is adversely affected.

Anyway, this is just my developing understanding, Chris.

LadyLazarus

So, I made the question "How does he feel about me?" , because this is the issue here. We spoke yesterday and he admitted that he is sad, and feels weird because he just broke up from long term relationship, but he doesn't want his ex. He just feels weird being with another person after 5 years. He told me that he feels things about me and want a relationship if I can understand that he is depressed now. The question was asked 15/12, 17.33, Athens, Greece.
Αscendant in the first degrees may mean that it is too soon to tell?
I appreciate your help <3

Attachments

• howdoeshefeel.gif
    howdoeshefeel.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 23

IleneK

Premium Member
Re:

So, I made the question "How does he feel about me?" , because this is the issue here. We spoke yesterday and he admitted that he is sad, and feels weird because he just broke up from long term relationship, but he doesn't want his ex. He just feels weird being with another person after 5 years. He told me that he feels things about me and want a relationship if I can understand that he is depressed now. The question was asked 15/12, 17.33, Athens, Greece.
Αscendant in the first degrees may mean that it is too soon to tell?
I appreciate your help <3

He is depressed, just broken up from a five year relationship. While he feels things for you, he just feels weird being with another person. That is what you know without casting or delineating a chart.

That is a good description of his significator in your original horary chart here "Will we make a relationship?" And it is that chart that shows how he feels about you, based on the condition of his significator. Usually jovial Jupiter is weak in its detriment, it is retrograde, it is in an adverse mutual reception with your significator. I can't see that he feels very good about you.

It is clear it is too soon to know, by your account. The second chart's Ascendant degree restates that. Even though it is the domain of the original horary to answer how he feels, in this newer one your significator, Moon, is in her detriment again and weak in the 8th. His significator has no essential dignity, is peregrine. Peregrine is described by some as a wanderer, drifting, more likely to bring ill than good. He is sad and on the rebound; I am sorry but I don't see much promise here.

Last edited: