3 Different Rising Signs???

I made a natal chart on 3 different websites and got 3 different rising/ASC results!

I did not change the birthrate, place, degree, or time. I even tried to make them all campanus house system, then tried placidus and whole signs.

Anyway, I got that I'm an asc cancer, or taurus, or sagittarius.

I'm now sooo confused!

Which is it? I have photos of the chart.

Do different sites calculations, or house systems really affect the houses and change the chart that much?

FYI I tried these sites.
(astro-seek.com, astrolibrary.org, astro-charts.com)

I'm new to astrology, but I don't think that I did anything wrong that I know of.

wilsontc

Staff member
sailormoon,

Not seeing the charts, I would guess the sites calculate your birth time differently and so give different results. Some sites require you to enter time zone information and it can get very confusing. Entering the wrong time will give you the wrong chart. Most astrologers use astro.com. It is easy to use, very reliable, has an extensive library of chart types and methods, and is easy to read.

Suggesting,

Tim

Bunraku

Yes its possible. This happens because the atlases have poorly researched timezones or errors in their database.

waybread

Also, some chart construction systems (like Astrodienst) use "military" or 24-hour time, where morning times are given as 1:00, 5:00, 9:00, and so on. But for afternoons we input those same numbers as 13:00, 17:00, and 21:00.

To make the conversion if you have a p.m. birth just add 12 hours to the what the hour number would be in the a.m.

The Astrodienst time zones are pretty accurate, in my experience. They input daylight savings, war time (for some people born during WW II) and specific locations that may have opted out of daylight savings.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

There is the exact birth time and the 12 noon (local time zone) ascendant used to determine a person's rising. I was born in 2:20pm Pacific Time, Feb 15 1980 when the ascendant was in 17' Cancer, but the noon time version shows me a 15' Gemini. It's a lot more accurate to find a person's exact birth time, but the noon time ascendant is a good way to understand a person's natal personality.

JUPITERASC

I made a natal chart on 3 different websites and got 3 different rising/ASC results!

I did not change the birthrate, place, degree, or time. I even tried to make them all campanus house system, then tried placidus and whole signs.

Anyway, I got that I'm an asc cancer, or taurus, or sagittarius.

I'm now sooo confused!

Which is it? I have photos of the chart.

Do different sites calculations, or house systems really affect the houses and change the chart that much?

FYI I tried these sites.
(astro-seek.com, astrolibrary.org, astro-charts.com)

I'm new to astrology, but I don't think that I did anything wrong that I know of.
There's also a difference between SIDEREAL and TROPICAL calculation :smile: