Choosing a date for a c section?

anjelik

There is a possibility that I will need to schedule a c section due to the position my baby is in at the moment (will confirm after scan on Wednesday). My baby is due January 6th, so I have been looking at dates and seeing what dates would be best between 37-39 weeks. If you had to choose a date, which would you choose and why? I don't know if I am being superstitious and thinking that it is best to elect after January 2 - granted the baby doesn't make an early appearance and then it would be an emergency anyway.

I'm not sure they would even let me choose the date, but just curious what everyone thinks. Dates that would be off limits would be weekends, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day... so quite a bit!

katydid

In my experience with choosing dates, the mothers are often given choices of various optional dates. Maybe you could ask what your options are, and we can choose the best from there?

katydid

Also, keep in mind, that even if you choose a nice date/time, you cannot get too attached to it. Because so many variables can change it.

I have had that happen so often when trying to choose times/dates for caesarians, or inductions. It is fluid and flexible. If you choose Monday @ 9 am, the hospital may call @ 8 am and tell you that they have triplets being born and you get bumped until the next day. etc etc

So choosing a 'possible' time is nice. But in reality, the child that is incarnating will have the ultimate choice. :love:

anjelik

Also, keep in mind, that even if you choose a nice date/time, you cannot get too attached to it. Because so many variables can change it.

I have had that happen so often when trying to choose times/dates for caesarians, or inductions. It is fluid and flexible. If you choose Monday @ 9 am, the hospital may call @ 8 am and tell you that they have triplets being born and you get bumped until the next day. etc etc

So choosing a 'possible' time is nice. But in reality, the child that is incarnating will have the ultimate choice. :love:

For this exact reason I'm not married to a time, because from what I understand here in the UK you go in early in the morning and you might not actually go in to the operating room until like 3pm. A girl in my antenatal class recently had a scheduled c section because her baby was breach and her baby wasn't born until 3:30pm. I'm more concerned with the aspects of the moon between the 5th house and 8th house f(or operations?), I guess. Also, bearing in mind if I had control over it I would want my baby to have a nice chart (ha!). On its due date it's super earthy, so it would be nice to have an air to complement mine and my husband's (Gemini and Aqua).

I am not sure if I have to just decide on the day I am there, because the UK is funny like that in just giving you appointments that come through in the mail. The dates I was considering are Dec 22, Dec 27 or Jan 2 or 3 (37 weeks for me is Dec 16 and my parents arrive in the UK on the 18th). Personally I think Dec 27 would be a sucky birthday because it's right after Christmas and at least with Jan 2nd you could kind of make NYE into your birthday when you're younger. Having a mid-January birthday is depressing based on the feedback I've gotten from all of my January bday friends!

Last edited:

AutumnMoonfire

This old maternity nurse encourages you to wait as close to your due date as you can for the sake of breastfeeding and general health for the noob. So though, they don't give you a time that your surgery is to begin? That's interesting...

anjelik

This old maternity nurse encourages you to wait as close to your due date as you can for the sake of breastfeeding and general health for the noob. So though, they don't give you a time that your surgery is to begin? That's interesting...

They tell you to be there for 7am and then if they don't have emergencies, etc. you would be seen as soon as possible. But obviously emergencies push things back, etc. At least this is how it's been explained to me by people here, which is very different from my friends who have had them in the US. Most have had their babies by 9:30am.

hi anjelik

is this your first child?
rahu

Yes, this is my first child.

AutumnMoonfire

Well, I know this, when I worked OB here in the states most c-sections that began at 8 had a birth time about 8:25 to 8:35. Emergency sections go WAY faster from start of surgery to birth.

I would also add that you might want to look at the potential moon sign as you choose a date.

anjelik

Well, I know this, when I worked OB here in the states most c-sections that began at 8 had a birth time about 8:25 to 8:35. Emergency sections go WAY faster from start of surgery to birth.

I would also add that you might want to look at the potential moon sign as you choose a date.

I have been looking at the moon and how it would relate to my chart as well as my husband’s. The issue is I have a Libra stellium (mars/Saturn/Pluto) so I am kind of adverse to a cardinal moon because I think that will make a relationship with my child challenging. Also my husband has his mars in cancer, so potentially this child would have harsh aspects with both of our mars signs. The annoying part is the mutable or fixed moon signs are mostly during the holidays when I wouldn’t be able to choose. I’m almost hoping I go into labor on Christmas Day so the baby could have a nice Pisces moon, which would join both of our Sun signs and also soften the Cappiness of the chart! I know you can’t control life and how it plays out but I am a little weary about a cardinal moon because of my three planets. My mom has a cancer moon and we fought a lot when I was a teenager. We get along famously now, but it was rough for a few years.

My baby is transverse by the way. At least that is what the midwife thinks because she can’t feel a head at the top or bottom, so that’s the reason for the scan. I feel it right under my right ribs and it’s sooooo sore I want to cry at times because it is constantly rolling around. It might be long and can’t move? My husband was 23 inches at birth, so it could be a long baby. The midwife said with a transverse baby it’s an automatic c section because they can’t try to turn it and can’t deliver a sideways baby (makes sense). And because of that I also kind of want to wait until Mercury goes direct because I have had bad experiences with Mercury retrograde and medical procedures!

Last edited:

AutumnMoonfire

Right under your ribs...Owwww!

A compatible moon won't save you from teen angst, because that's a developmental thing really. I also agree that waiting until mercury goes direct will be better for a scheduled section given what "scheduled" means in this case.

You get to meet your baby soon!!!!!

anjelik

Right under your ribs...Owwww!

A compatible moon won't save you from teen angst, because that's a developmental thing really. I also agree that waiting until mercury goes direct will be better for a scheduled section given what "scheduled" means in this case.

You get to meet your baby soon!!!!!
I have Moon opposite Uranus in mutable signs so you couldn’t get more teen angst than me. Looking back I feel bad about how much of a b*tch I was. My husband has Moon square Uranus so I bet he was no walk in the park as a youngster either. Ideally I would like to see a harmonious aspect between Uranus and the moon if I had a choice! Haha.

I actually think it is diagonal, head down because I feel hiccups in my lower left side and the most movement in my right ribs. But I guess the scan will confirm that much. If it is then it could possibly move enough to drop and engage, which I would prefer!

Based on Mercury going direct I think December 28 looks like the best date. The moon is harmonious with the rest of the chart and it’s a Taurus moon which is positive.

Does anyone have any thoughts on that date? To be honest I’m hoping that my baby can come naturally and I can avoid this all though! So I just keep praying it gets into position soon! I still wonder if it’s a boy or a girl because I really have zero clue.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
hi angelic
the only thing I have read that would apply to your situation is don't schedule surgery at the full moon as bleeding can become hard to control

rahu

anjelik

hi angelic
the only thing I have read that would apply to your situation is don't schedule surgery at the full moon as bleeding can become hard to control

rahu

Hi Rahu - thanks for this. I think I would be too late for the December full moon and too early for the January full moon, but that is good to know. Is this specific to my natal chart or just in general something to consider?

rahu

Banned
hi angelic
this is a general observation.more specifically, do not under go surgery with a full moon in the sign that rule the body part of the surgery.

rahu

anjelik

As it turns out, I do not need a c-section after all. My baby is head down and fully engaged. It’s head is so far down in the pelvis that the midwife couldn’t feel it. So I guess now the question is will my baby come early and be a Sag or on time and be a Cappy?

Thanks for all of your responses regardless. :)

anjelik

do you know the day you became pregnant?
rahu

Thanks rahu, I’m very happy that it will be a vaginal delivery.

The date of conception was between April 14 and 18. We had intercourse on the 14th and 15th and I started to feel pressure in my bladder on the 17th and went to the doctor on the 18th thinking it was a UTI. I had no trace of bacteria in my urine but after a week and and a half of still feeling pressure the doctor told me to take a pregnancy test. To my complete surprise, I tested positive for a pregnancy test.

Why do you ask?

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
I'd like to check the Jonas astrological system which states that you will ovulate on the day you natal sun and moon return to the exact mathematical aspect as in you natal, regardless of the signs involved.
so if the moon was 72 degrees before your sun in your natal ,then each month when the moon approaches the sun at 72 degrees , you will ovulate.

I have forgotten another technique but it did allow me to make a what would have been a correct prediction of our second child. the doctors had said she as due on june 26 but I predicted her birth for july 21.well june 26th came and went. so the doctors got antsy on july 19 that took her by c section. in retrospect this was a mistake because my daughter was born with a defect of her heart in which the extra artery that babies have in the womb, did not atrophy on her birth which is the natural process. this cause a defect in her heart that had to be operated on later in her life, after it was noticed. I'm sure they took her too early and that a normal birth would have occurred on july 21 with no heart defects .

rahu

anjelik

I'd like to check the Jonas astrological system which states that you will ovulate on the day you natal sun and moon return to the exact mathematical aspect as in you natal, regardless of the signs involved.
so if the moon was 72 degrees before your sun in your natal ,then each month when the moon approaches the sun at 72 degrees , you will ovulate.

I have forgotten another technique but it did allow me to make a what would have been a correct prediction of our second child. the doctors had said she as due on june 26 but I predicted her birth for july 21.well june 26th came and went. so the doctors got antsy on july 19 that took her by c section. in retrospect this was a mistake because my daughter was born with a defect of her heart in which the extra artery that babies have in the womb, did not atrophy on her birth which is the natural process. this cause a defect in her heart that had to be operated on later in her life, after it was noticed. I'm sure they took her too early and that a normal birth would have occurred on july 21 with no heart defects .

rahu

That is a big difference in due date - so off by nearly a month, which is quite shocking. I’m sorry that your daughter was born with a defect. :( I hope she is ok now. I have a friend who has a hole in her heart so she was heavily monitored during her pregnancies because of it.

Obviously your astrological knowledge is far more advanced than mine. If I am understanding you correctly I would ovulate any time there is an 83 degree difference between the sun and moon, but this time it was 155. I just know that I ovulate around the second week of every month. This wasn’t a planned pregnancy, but it was welcomed. We were actually just seeing what would happen without trying and it happened.