I have an interesting question..

missnightowl24

Ok, I was just wondering if there is some kind of astrological or maybe even psychological significance of the date and time of year two people pick to get married on?

Im not really just talking about both peoples natal charts, I mean...um does the specific date and season they pick to get married have anything to do with there married life or love life...i don't wanna compare it to numerology, but like something similar to that maybe?? cause this is a special day we are talking about here, it's about the joining of two people and the beginning of a new relationship and also about branching away from your old families... any thoughts on this anyone? :)

& yes im sure some things get in the way of people planning there wedding date, maybe they want all of there family to be there so it has to be when everyone can take a day off from work, or maybe the venue they booked got filled up or caught on fire lol who knows all kinds of crazy things happen at a wedding....for example here, kim kardashian (libra, an air sign) is getting ready to marry Kanye west (Gemini, another air sign) and they picked the date May 24th to tie the knot...may 24th is under the sign Taurus, an earth sign.....(another example, my cousin that's a cancer is going to marry his girlfriend that's a Taurus on July 12 which is under the sign cancer haha) now generally speaking, when two people are picking the right date/time/etc. to get married, besides all things considered, what it is exactly that draws them to a certain day/season????

Does any of this make sense or am I reading too far into something??

JUPITERASC

Ok, I was just wondering if there is some kind of astrological
or maybe even psychological
significance of the date and time of year two people pick to get married on?

Im not really just talking about both peoples natal charts, I mean...um does the specific date and season they pick to get married have anything to do with there married life or love life...i don't wanna compare it to numerology, but like something similar to that maybe?? cause this is a special day we are talking about here, it's about the joining of two people and the beginning of a new relationship and also about branching away from your old families... any thoughts on this anyone? :)

& yes im sure some things get in the way of people planning there wedding date, maybe they want all of there family to be there so it has to be when everyone can take a day off from work, or maybe the venue they booked got filled up or caught on fire lol who knows all kinds of crazy things happen at a wedding....for example here, kim kardashian (libra, an air sign) is getting ready to marry Kanye west (Gemini, another air sign) and they picked the date May 24th to tie the knot...may 24th is under the sign Taurus, an earth sign.....(another example, my cousin that's a cancer is going to marry his girlfriend that's a Taurus on July 12 which is under the sign cancer haha) now generally speaking, when two people are picking the right date/time/etc. to get married, besides all things considered, what it is exactly that draws them to a certain day/season????

Does any of this make sense or am I reading too far into something??
People marry at various times of the year for many reasons

celebrities in particular marry at times that avoid clashes with their career activities

and

'ordinary people' choose times that avoid clashes with other events that are important to them as well :smile:

by the way

If a person is already married
then
IF
the wedding time and time the vows were exchanged is reliable
THEN
it is possible to rectify the ascendant of their natal chart
as described on the thread HOW TO RECTIFY/VERIFY YOUR ASCENDANT
BY USING YOUR WEDDING DAY CHART at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46743

HOWEVER

if an astrologer is consulted in order to advise on an ideal time/date in the future for a particular wedding to occur

THEN

that is the province of ELECTIONAL ASTROLOGY

Zarathu

Account Closed
MARRIAGE RULES:
When calculating the time, remember the marriage starts with the first "I do!"
1. There should be no squares from the Moon and it should not be void of course. A
waxing Moon (between the New and Full Moon) is better than a waning one (between
the Full and New Moon).

2. Fixed signs rising are best when you want a long lasting relationship. Next are the
Cardinal signs, especially Libra (relationship oriented), Capricorn (the need for any
venture to be successful) and Cancer (nurturing). Aries and Mutable signs can indicate
very short-lived situations.

3. A relationship usually works well when the ruler of the Ascendant (1st) and
Descendant (7th) are in good aspect to each other, since they represent the two parties in
question.

4. Try to have the Sun and Moon (portraying the groom and bride) in good aspect to each
other.

5. Because Saturn can bring on limits or delays, it should not be placed in an angular
house. It fares best in cadent (3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th) houses or, if that is not possible, put it in
one of the succedent (2nd, 5th, 8th, 11th) houses. If possible, avoid all harsh applying
aspects to Saturn, including the conjunctions. When the aspect becomes exact, there
could be misunderstandings, feelings of neglect or sadness of some kind.

6. If you want the relationship to proceed in a pleasant fashion, keep Uranus out of the
angular houses, especially the 1st and 7th.

7. The luminaries (Sun and Moon), as well as Venus and Jupiter (the benefics), should be
above the horizon, if possible. Elevated planets are more visible and seem to bring a
certain ease to the elected venture.

8. Try to have Venus (woman) and Mars (man) in harmonious aspect to each other, also
Venus (love and partnership) to the Ascendant/Descendant (the couple); Jupiter (luck and
growth) to the Ascendant/Descendant, the Moon (feelings) to Venus (harmony). In other
words, a strong, well aspected Venus is very beneficial.

9. Avoid the Moon in Scorpio where it is in its fall and where it can be secretive and
possessive, not exactly conducive to a happy relationship. A Libra Moon, on the other
hand, works quite well in a marriage Electional chart since it seeks harmony and balance.
Strong and well matched couples seem to do well with the Moon in Leo.

10. The Sun or Moon approaching a square or opposition to Uranus may indicate a
separation or divorce when the aspect becomes exact.

11. A retrograde Venus is not advised for any marriage chart. Since Venus only
retrogrades for about 40 days every two years, it is fairly easy to avoid

greybeard

Nice work Zarathu.

A marriage is an "undertaking", a "venture", the initiation of a new activity.
The marriage, a partnership, is an organic whole.

Any such undertaking or formation of some sort of entity is "subject to the stars," in and of itself. A trip, opening a new business, an investment, a surgical intervention...all have their favorable and unfavorable moments.

The branch of astrology that deals with selection of the most propitious moment for the initiation of some future activity is called "Electional Astrology": you "elect" the most favorable future moment for some specific action.

People are drawn to marriage at some particular time by their natal charts. The timing of such life events is indicated in the natal chart (its directions etc.)

There are astrologers who dedicate their practice solely to the erection of electional charts. You will find them working in the world's centers of power.

Last edited:

greybeard

Plagiarism is punishable by a fine of not less than $20,000 and 5 years in the slammer-- Your Friendly Neighborhood FBI Agent.

Plagiarism notwithstanding, the piece was apropos. Now someone else can copy it, keep it and use it.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Plagiarism is punishable by a fine of not less than $20,000 and 5 years in the slammer-- Your Friendly Neighborhood FBI Agent.

Plagiarism notwithstanding, the piece was apropos. Now someone else can copy it, keep it and use it.

Everything in astrology is plagiarized from somebody.

When I said it was a tabulation, I meant that I collected the data and put it into a tabulation 20 years ago, so that when someone asked a question about marriage, I would have a reference to consult. Its even possible that some of it came directly from someone, however, its been too long for me to remember.

The key is to find some astrologer that nobody every heard of and who has been dead for 50 years to copy from. I know at least one very famous astrologer who has plagiarized most of his/work from other sources. But since the sources are either obscure or have been dead for many years, there is no one to complain or even know.

greybeard

Operatic tenors are very talented folks, but seldom sing songs they wrote themselves.

But then, our entire society is built on the shoulders of giants.

JUPITERASC

Operatic tenors are very talented folks, but seldom sing songs they wrote themselves.

But then, our entire society is built on the shoulders of giants.
Exactly..... quoting, rather than paraphrasing, highlights the source :smile:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74601
From The Astrological Record of the Early Sages in Greek, p18: On Inceptions, quoted by Julian of Laodicaea

Quote:

The divine Petosiris speaks as follows when discussing inceptions:

examine the Sun and the Moon and the rulers of both, and the Horoskopos and the Midheaven, and examine upon which of the said places the Moon and its ruler stand. If the ruler of the Moon should be on a decline while the Moon itself is upon a pivot, the matter will be brilliant in the first period, but it will not have an ending similarly bright. For, the beginnings of everything will be taken from the Moon, the endings from its ruler. And if the Moon should be in a decline while its ruler is upon a pivot, the matter will have beginnings which are troublesome and tardy, but endings which go well and are steady. When the Moon and its ruler are in pivots, they indicate the matter will go well from beginning to end. If the should chance to be in declines, the opposite. When the ruler of the Moon happens to be in the post-descensions, he says the matter will be long delayed, but it will come to completion.

Also examine the separations and applications of the Moon; for when separating from a benefic, the matter does not go well except for a slave who is considering running away. But when applying to a benefic,it indicates the outcome of a matter will be good; to a malefic, base. Also it is necessary to examine the future from the applications, the present or past from the separations. Examine the Lot of Fortune as well. If it is testified to by benefics, it indicates the ending will be good; if by malefics, bad.

Just as an aside, this passage is interesting
as it highlights the function of the benefics and the malefics.

In the example above, the Moon separating from a benefic is bad other than if a slave wants to escape.

This shows that the benefics are not "good" and malefics "bad",
but that the benefics tend to promote unity and continuation
while the malefics promote disharmony and severance or denial

Actually season, month, year etc are those things that someone fix them according to their convenience.Date and time are to be fixed according to astrology and if anyone has some issues in their star situations or in their Kundali then they have to believe in astrology not in their interest.