Finding the right career through astrology

career

Hey y'all. I am trying to figure things out for myself. I don't know which career to go to at all. In fact I feel unfit for a regular job.

I have added both my western as well as vedic chart.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
You didn't post your chart. What you posted is a link to astro.com, which takes everyone to their own account if they're logged in and to the log in page if they're not. It doesn't go to your chart for anyone but you.

To post a chart, follow the instructions here: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119460

And if you want career advice, it helps if you supply the background. Have you worked before? If so, what kind of work? Where are you with your education? What, if anything, do you have training for?

conspiracy theorist

Now on a more serious note, the ability for an artistic career does show up in the chart, as MC ruler Mars is conj. Venus in a stake of the chart. With the Venus conj. Mars in 7 and Sag Moon in 11, what do you think about public relations? Your chart shows one who is comfortable with being a "mixer" with the public. Ironically, political influence isn't impossible but I'd imagine you'd prefer to influence through the fruits of your creative process.

wan

To OP:

You need to save your birth chart as an image on your computer then attach it in a post here. You cannot directly link to it. Doesn't work like that.

I still can't because your chart has expired. It will keep expiring if you keep posting it that way. To post a chart that won't expire, follow the instructions I linked you to.

Hey Osmar. sorry for the trouble I finally got it!.
I also had to answer the question you asked me which were:
"Have you worked before? If so, what kind of work? Where are you with your education? What, if anything, do you have training for?"

I have recently graduated from my undergrad and I have always had some association with performing or visual art either through work or in personal ways.

I have greatly enjoyed art and I also see that there are people and places that are willing to employ me or engage with because I move around like an artist(if that makes sense). Currently, I feel like an imposter but I do sense that there is something that draws me to these creative spaces and they also make that space for me. Unfortunatley I don't know if it's just my Venus dasha or I actually can make a living in this field. Otherwise I am currently working in a Marketing firm which is alright. But I would like to be more in the midst of the action than behind the scenes.

I was thinking of doing an MFA in theatre or writing. But it's a very risky field ot take a chance. I might still do it for the sake of it because I enjoy engaging with questions that art practice, theory and performance brings about. But I wanted something to herald me into confidence.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
To OP:

You need to save your birth chart as an image on your computer then attach it in a post here. You cannot directly link to it. Doesn't work like that.

Hey wan. I have put it up hopefully this time correctly. do let me know what you think! In case you want some of my background to help you wth the analysis I have put it under osamenor's reply.

Now on a more serious note, the ability for an artistic career does show up in the chart, as MC ruler Mars is conj. Venus in a stake of the chart. With the Venus conj. Mars in 7 and Sag Moon in 11, what do you think about public relations? Your chart shows one who is comfortable with being a "mixer" with the public. Ironically, political influence isn't impossible but I'd imagine you'd prefer to influence through the fruits of your creative process.

Hey conspiracy theorist. I actually work in Public Relations currently, int he Marketing dept but my supervisors are constantly pushing me to handle more people related work. They also think of me rather as more aggressive than diplomatic. I tend to be very argumentative and only keep quite if it's my job on the line. So I come home with with some fights basically. So I was thinking having a boss is not really my thing although I do work well in teams.

Also I am curious, what makes you say that politics is a possibility?

Bunraku

You sound unhappy with your current line of work.
Do you feel as if it isn’t a good fit for you, which is why you are trying to change jobs?

You sound unhappy with your current line of work.
Do you feel as if it isn’t a good fit for you, which is why you are trying to change jobs?

Yes it s true I am unhappy with my current line of work. But the kind of industry or field I am going into like the arts the possibility of financial success is so limited and elusive. I am trying to keep something like a day job but sometimes I wonder if it is even worth doing something like the arts if I am not being level headed.

JUPITERASC

Hey y'all. I am trying to figure things out for myself. I don't know which career to go to at all. In fact I feel unfit for a regular job. I am drawn to more artistic activities like acting, writing and painting. But don't know if these are just hobbies or they have the potential to be a profession for me. Anyone has any views?
https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?;nhor=1
quoting Bob Zemco :smile:

"....I can't give you an opinion
I can only tell you what is written and why it is so.
The 10th is always your job, your career,
your reputation, fame and standing in the community
and the community here is your peers.

The 6th is primarily health and illness.
The 6th makes no aspect to the 1st House/Sign
so it's hidden
.right?
Just like illnesses, which don't always manifest themselves immediately.

Look at the 1st Triplicity Ruler for that.

The 6th is also people who work directly for you,
or who are subordinate to you in some way,
whether they be slaves or servants or not.

In today's world, that would be your nanny, baby-sitter,
any person who provides contract services to you
like lawn care, pool cleaning, roofing, plumbing, remodeling and such.
It includes employees subordinate to you.

Look at the charts of military people,
and how their 6th Sign Ruler relates to the Ascendant Ruler, MC Ruler,
and 2nd Triplicity Ruler for the 6th.
That has led modernist astrologers to erroneously conclude
that the 6th House represents the military
it does not (the 11th does).
The 8th House in your chart indicates among things
the assets of other people, in particular your partner,
your business partners and other professional associates and so on.

Isn't the 6th House the eight house from the 10th House?
Why, yes, it is.
Logically, then, you could conclude that the 6th House
being the eighth house from the 10th House
represents the assets of other people as it relates to your career, profession, reputation, standing, etc etc etc.

Do you have a publicist?
No? Don't feel bad, because I don't either
but there are many celebrities who have publicists
and agents
and personal assistants, administrators
some people have chauffeurs, body-guards, personal trainers,
etc etc etc.

All those things are indicated by the 6th House/Sign.
Note that 2nd, 6th and 10th trine.

Anyway, there's a lot of logic to traditional astrology
that is easy to apply,
just from knowing the primary meaning of each House
because all other meanings
are derived from houses within houses.

Meditations Book 8

https://bendykes.com/product-category/nativities/

"This thing, what is it in itself, in its own constitution?
What is its substance and material?
And what its causal nature (or form)?
And what is it doing in the world?
And how long does it subsist?"
What is a slave? An employee.
Grave robbers? They're out there, don't you remember Hurricane Katrina?
Welfare people living with grandma; grandma dies;
her death is never reported
so welfare people can keep collecting grandma's social security checks
and living in grandma's house
everything is peachy until Katrina blows through
house is gone, and there is no possible way to claim the land
or damages, without also revealing grandma's dead
and opening themselves up to dozens of counts of theft and fraud
both State and federal crimes
ooops.

You don't have to be out in a cemetery
digging up graves in the middle of the night to steal from the dead...."

Osamenor

Staff member
k But the kind of industry or field I am going into like the arts the possibility of financial success is so limited and elusive. I am trying to keep something like a day job but sometimes I wonder if it is even worth doing something like the arts if I am not being level headed.

Limited and elusive seems to me to describe your second house: personal finances, earned income. Cusp in Pisces gives it Jupiter as its traditional ruler, which could make money easy come, easy go (and easy come again), but you have Jupiter in Capricorn, where it's in detriment and its expansive energy is constricted. Capricorn wants to be cautious, frugal, and do things properly. That's a fine way to manage money, especially if your income is limited and elusive, but as the ruler of your finances, between the Capricorn placement and the elusive twelfth house, it doesn't speak to a strong likelihood of earning a lot of money. That would hold true no matter what field you're in. It's a pattern for your life in general.

The rest of your chart suggests, in several ways, that there are other things more important to you than money. As long as you can survive, it doesn't look like money itself matters much to you. Is that accurate?

Turning to your second house's modern ruler, Neptune tells a similar story, being in the same sign and house as Jupiter, but Neptune isn't so restricted. It actually does very well in the twelfth house. Neptune itself describes elusive things. You may find that money just comes to you in mysterious ways sometimes.

Taken together, those planets could suggest earning a living in a creative and unusual way, but the kind of living you would earn that way would require you to live pretty frugally.

In your favor, you have a domiciled Mercury ruling your eighth house of other people's money/shared resources, where your Sun also resides, and Moon in the eleventh house of the collective. Looks like other people's resources, financial and otherwise, can be a better help to you than what you're able to earn on your own. That pattern has already shown up in your life: getting an in to the art world through a boyfriend's job, for example.

So, in the long run, I think it will serve you best if you look for creative ways to make a living, and I don't just mean do it in a creative field. I mean think outside the box in general. What shared resources do you have access to, or could you gain access to? What resources could you share? Do you really have to earn all your own money? Can you reduce your need for money? Can you acquire what money normally buys in some other way?

Many people in arts fields work in collectives, get support from grants, things like that. Those are examples of eighth house/other people's resources.

But until you have a better sense of how to sustain yourself in the long run, and can see it working out in real life, it does make sense to keep a day job. If that day job isn't what you really want to do, then think of it as work study, not the real thing. It's as if you were washing dishes in the dining hall while majoring in biochemistry. You would never identify as a dishwasher or expect to remain one, let alone expect personal satisfaction from being one. Your real focus would be on the long term when you will do what you really want.

Last edited:
Cusp in Pisces gives it Jupiter as its traditional ruler, which could make money easy come, easy go (and easy come again), but you have Jupiter in Capricorn, where it's in detriment and its expansive energy is constricted.... That would hold true no matter what field you're in. It's a pattern for your life in general.

I do see this very clearly in my life. However I have attached my vedic chart here and you would be surprised to see that I have my jupiter again in the 12th house but this time in Sagittarius. This would change the analysis a bit which confuses me as well. Thats why I am always at the precipice of taking a gamble with my interests but my Capricorn Jupiter (Western) or my Capricorn Ascendant (Vedic) makes me very careful.

Another pointer I had was my Saturn in my western chart. It is in the second house of personal finances but is in Aries which again is in detriment. I am rather perturbed that both the planets connected to my house is lacking in a massive scale.

The rest of your chart suggests, in several ways, that there are other things more important to you than money. As long as you can survive, it doesn't look like money itself matters much to you. Is that accurate?

This is very true because money is not a priority. In fact things like exploration and expression has been one of my biggest assets. However I am someone who likes to participate sometimes in the more lavish aspects of life and I wonder if that is something I have to curb as a part of my destiny.

I think more than an astrological point your suggestion is a very rational one. At the same time there is a desire for me to want to take a leap. I am trying to find reasons or excuses to do it.
Do you think I have a good excuse? Like a Venus and Mars in Leo or a Moon in 11th house.

mathur_dinesh

Libra in the tenth house makes you interested in fine arts and related areas. Mars and Venus are together in the seventh house therefore any commercial venture related to these fields will work as a source of sustenance to you.

Libra in the tenth house makes you interested in fine arts and related areas. Mars and Venus are together in the seventh house therefore any commercial venture related to these fields will work as a source of sustenance to you.

Thank you so much for the insight. What kind of work does the seventh house usually indicate?

JUPITERASC

Hey JupiterAscendent.
Your reply is very cryptic
and I am not being able to read through it.
Could you elucidate it for me?
here's a quote of my reply in its entirety
rather than the two line extract you extrapolated :smile:
the two line extract you quoted forms part of a longer response
which is not cryptic if read
but
you said you said you have not read it
perhaps there is a language issue
perhaps English is not your preferred language
if not
what is your preferred language?

quoting Bob Zemco :smile:

"....I can't give you an opinion
I can only tell you what is written and why it is so.
The 10th is always your job, your career,
your reputation, fame and standing in the community
and the community here is your peers.

The 6th is primarily health and illness.
The 6th makes no aspect to the 1st House/Sign
so it's hidden
.right?
Just like illnesses, which don't always manifest themselves immediately.

Look at the 1st Triplicity Ruler for that.

The 6th is also people who work directly for you,
or who are subordinate to you in some way,
whether they be slaves or servants or not.

In today's world, that would be your nanny, baby-sitter,
any person who provides contract services to you
like lawn care, pool cleaning, roofing, plumbing, remodeling and such.
It includes employees subordinate to you.

Look at the charts of military people,
and how their 6th Sign Ruler relates to the Ascendant Ruler, MC Ruler,
and 2nd Triplicity Ruler for the 6th.
That has led modernist astrologers to erroneously conclude
that the 6th House represents the military
it does not (the 11th does).
The 8th House in your chart indicates among things
the assets of other people, in particular your partner,
your business partners and other professional associates and so on.

Isn't the 6th House the eight house from the 10th House?
Why, yes, it is.
Logically, then, you could conclude that the 6th House
being the eighth house from the 10th House
represents the assets of other people as it relates to your career, profession, reputation, standing, etc etc etc.

Do you have a publicist?
No? Don't feel bad, because I don't either
but there are many celebrities who have publicists
and agents
and personal assistants, administrators
some people have chauffeurs, body-guards, personal trainers,
etc etc etc.

All those things are indicated by the 6th House/Sign.
Note that 2nd, 6th and 10th trine.

Anyway, there's a lot of logic to traditional astrology
that is easy to apply,
just from knowing the primary meaning of each House
because all other meanings
are derived from houses within houses.

Meditations Book 8

https://bendykes.com/product-category/nativities/

"This thing, what is it in itself, in its own constitution?
What is its substance and material?
And what its causal nature (or form)?
And what is it doing in the world?
And how long does it subsist?"
What is a slave? An employee.
Grave robbers? They're out there, don't you remember Hurricane Katrina?
Welfare people living with grandma; grandma dies;
her death is never reported
so welfare people can keep collecting grandma's social security checks
and living in grandma's house
everything is peachy until Katrina blows through
house is gone, and there is no possible way to claim the land
or damages, without also revealing grandma's dead
and opening themselves up to dozens of counts of theft and fraud
both State and federal crimes
ooops.

You don't have to be out in a cemetery
digging up graves in the middle of the night to steal from the dead...."

katydid

Hey y'all. I am trying to figure things out for myself. I don't know which career to go to at all. In fact I feel unfit for a regular job. I am drawn to more artistic activities like acting, writing and painting. But don't know if these are just hobbies or they have the potential to be a profession for me. Anyone has any views?

Yes it s true I am unhappy with my current line of work. But the kind of industry or field I am going into like the arts the possibility of financial success is so limited and elusive. I am trying to keep something like a day job but sometimes I wonder if it is even worth doing something like the arts if I am not being level headed.

https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?;nhor=1

I see that you have had a lot of good feedback already. I will just throw in a few other things that stand out to me.

Your 10th house of career/reputation is really outstanding. I say that because of the aspects being made to the Pluto @ 0 Sag in the 10th.

Look at the coloured lines in your chart. See the blue ones emanating from that Pluto? Blue represents sextile and trines, which are the most productive and beneficial aspects. So your 10th house planet has only beneficial aspects which connect to SIX of your natal planets and also includes the Ascendant/Descendant axis.

Pluto in Sag in 10th is a warriors quest for the deep philosophical meaning behind one's destiny.

Pluto in the 10th allows your bosses and others in authority to see you as a potential boss yourself. They will always recognise your vast potential. Some may even see you as a threat to their own power however.

The most exact aspect to that Pluto is to Uranus @ 0 Aquarius on your Ascendant.

That describes a very unique, magnetic personality that others are drawn to, but don't fully understand. You constantly surprise others which is exciting but exasperating. You are never afraid to express your opinions and sometimes they go against the grain.

Pluto is part of a Fire Grand Trine in Earth houses. Pluto, Saturn and Mars: Power, Responsibility and Volatility....

That^^^ Grand Trine flirts with your vast potential of playing with the big boys, if you ever decide to join their ranks. I think you haver the ability to move up the corporate ladder if you want to do so.

Doing so might give you the financial freedom to then begin making the creative decisions that you desire.

You can also follow your heart and try making a living in the arts, but I am not sure it will be as fulfilling in the end. It would be quite a struggle and would not pay very well for quite awhile, with that Saturn in your 2nd.

In my opinion, that Saturn works better for you financially if you are employed in a more Saturnian role. One with a regular salary and responsibilities.

Osamenor

Staff member
I do see this very clearly in my life. However I have attached my vedic chart here and you would be surprised to see that I have my jupiter again in the 12th house but this time in Sagittarius. This would change the analysis a bit which confuses me as well. Thats why I am always at the precipice of taking a gamble with my interests but my Capricorn Jupiter (Western) or my Capricorn Ascendant (Vedic) makes me very careful.
Vedic is a different language from Western. Sign and house meanings vary somewhat. And in your Vedic chart, Jupiter doesn't rule your second house, Saturn does. Here, again, we have a Saturn message in your finances.

In Western, your Virgo Sun and Mercury are probably bringing a "caution" message. Earth signs are cautious signs. They need to see the evidence before they proceed. They need to know where they're going to land. But Sagittarius Moon would love to take a leap anytime, land where you may.

Another pointer I had was my Saturn in my western chart. It is in the second house of personal finances but is in Aries which again is in detriment. I am rather perturbed that both the planets connected to my house is lacking in a massive scale.
Again, it's proving what you already know: making money isn't your priority, and isn't something that comes to you abundantly and effortlessly. If you ever do make an abundant amount of money, it will be with plenty of effort. And probably take time to do. Saturn is all about time.

This is very true because money is not a priority. In fact things like exploration and expression has been one of my biggest assets. However I am someone who likes to participate sometimes in the more lavish aspects of life and I wonder if that is something I have to curb as a part of my destiny.
I hear your Sagittarius Moon and your Leo placements in that exploration and expression! (Being a solar Leo with a Sag Moon, I speak that language as a native! :biggrin:) As for the lavish aspects of life, again, Leo tends to like that, Sag may or may not care about lavishness but does tend to live whatever they're living in a big way, and that Pisces second house probably brings a desire for lavish.

If your only way to obtain the lavish aspects of life were through your own efforts and your own resources, you would have to curb that desire. But it's not. You could obtain them through shared or other people's resources. Think starving artist with a rich, generous patron. Not that you literally have to have a rich patron; the point is that there are ways you could experience the lavish things in life that do not require you individually to be earning big. And those are the ways most likely to work for you. The "other people's money" section of your chart has stronger placements.

I think more than an astrological point your suggestion is a very rational one. At the same time there is a desire for me to want to take a leap. I am trying to find reasons or excuses to do it.
Do you think I have a good excuse? Like a Venus and Mars in Leo or a Moon in 11th house.
You will have a good excuse when you've parlayed those energies into something that allows you to take the leap without having anxiety attacks over it. Your Virgo Sun and Mercury need to know it's a safe leap.