Random Thoughts, strictly Text

moonkat235

Water, water! And maybe lower acidity organic coffee next time, not the bright fruity stuff.

Coffee jitters suck, unless you use them to clean your house.

Water is a good idea for sure. I also just ate a ton of bread. lol Hopefully that helps. I might take a cold shower too, so that I calm down. I never realized how much caffeine affected me until I quit for a few months. Then I realized how terrible it was. All my coworkers and friends love coffee though and that's how they like to socialize, but it's honest to god wayyy too much for me anymore.

conspiracy theorist

I should keep a dream journal and see if the sign the Moon is in changes the themes noticeably. I have such odd dreams. I tried to tell my coworker that I have weird dreams and he immediately said he did too and said he had the realest conversation with his ex-girlfriend the night before. That wasn't quite what I meant. lol I dream of supernatural experiences that couldn't happen irl more so than experiences that could happen in this world.

You have the most intense dream life of anybody I know, hands down. So I think it would be very fruitful for you to keep a journal, and see if you find any correspondences with astrological placements. You probably remember the dream I shared with you about that fiery ox and the fact that I woke up to the Aries Moon conjunct my IC. I think there was some Taurus in the sky because I remember the ox aspect of it being relevant to the astrology, too.

david starling

You have the most intense dream life of anybody I know, hands down. So I think it would be very fruitful for you to keep a journal, and see if you find any correspondences with astrological placements. You probably remember the dream I shared with you about that fiery ox and the fact that I woke up to the Aries Moon conjunct my IC. I think there was some Taurus in the sky because I remember the ox aspect of it being relevant to the astrology, too.

You have an amazingly intense dreamlife yourself.

moonkat235

That is so cool. Can you squeeze them into language or remember them adequately somehow if they don’t really match up with everyday experience?
I find dream journaling difficult. Capture a sequence or a particular weird thing? Meanwhile the rest just slips away..

I'd say I have a good memory for dreams. I can usually make sense of the plot when I wake up and I think I lucid dream a bit, which probably helps with me remembering. I think some people lucid dream and then direct the dream sequence consciously, but I just like to go with the flow.

I'll realize I'm dreaming half-way through a plot, but I keep going with it and give myself little tools to accomplish what I need to.

I posted a dream on here a while back in the spiritual realm. That level of recall is fairly normal for me, although the content changes a lot depending on the night. I'll find it and link it in a sec.

Lykanized

I see the normalcy issue in the same vein that one might look at an animal in the wild and say "jaguar" or "rabbit". It's a label for something that one perceives beyond the label. To use a crude example, it's normal to **** out of your *******. There are behaviours that one would consider "normal" in that more individuals in a population do x in y situation. We might differ because you might see normal as an issue of value, while I'm seeing it as objective, observable phenomenon.

Easy for someone to say who only thinks deeply. While I think the way the world is people are being actively obstructed from reaching deeper potentials, I see thinking deeply similar to how I see any physical capability. One might be a hella fast swimmer, but Michael Phelps' body is literally built in such a way that gives him an undeniable advantage as a swimmer.
Very much since words are in many cases arbitrary. We could see someone we consider normal and decide that instead of being called normal, we'll just call them weird. But I am actually speaking on a conceptual level rather than on a lingual level

And you're right, it's not about the words, but what the words represent the impressions they deliver which are vastly and infinitely more complex than the words themselves

But normalcy, the concept of it...It's moreso just embedded in your perspective. You could look at the world and see the normalcy, but hidden beneath the normalcy, you could also see the chaos driving it. It depends on which lens you choose that day and second or that chooses you

Any patterns we see are a reflection of something, but not anything that has to do with others, it has to do with us. Sometimes I am inclined to see multitudes of people as doing the same exact things everyday and see that as 'normal', but then I have to question if they're all actually doing the same exact things everyday or if that's not just a figment of my illusions. The fact that any other person could look around and not see that same pattern means the pattern doesn't actually exist except in someone's mind

that doesn't mean it doesn't matter, it just means it means something different than what they thought it did

as for the deep thinking thing. I feel like that doesn't fit the Michael Phelps analogy as we can put Michael Phelp's body through tests, we can study him, we can do a great variety of things producing easly tangible results to see that his body is that of a spectacular swimmer and he was given that gift. But how do we measure such things when it comes to the mind, the brain, the intangible self?

I do think I need to elaborate on 'deep thinking' tho. I don't believe there's a certain specific set of characteristics of a deep thinker in regards to what will be produced by their deep thought. Most people look at intelligence, knowledge, understanding, deep thought, etc. as matters that can be measured by what's produced, but that would be remiss because what can be produced is infinite, as infinite as the individual and their imagination

If Michael Phelps had never even dipped a foot in a pool, his body would still be that of someone who could be an elite swimmer. But how do we measure the capabilities and the cap of human mental potential? What if there is no cap on it? What if it has infinite forms? how do we know what someone can do with their mind before they do it?

conspiracy theorist

You have an amazingly intense dreamlife yourself.

I've written down some of my dreams before. What tended to happen is that I'd have to spend a page or two describing the scene before I got any close to speaking about what "actions" were taking place. Sometimes I got impatient and truncated the visionary descriptions so I could get everything on paper. When I've shared them with a few people, I've been told that I should write a book.

moonkat235

Yeah I should really try to find the date for when I had a dream about these magicians in a haunted house. I keep telling people at work about it. lol

I was in a haunted house/mansion and there were 4 magicians and myself. Two of them were quiet and in the background of the dreamscape, but one of them was a woman in her 40s, who was clearly the leader. She said we had to complete some ritual otherwise something (can't remember what, her words are bleeped out and silent in my memory recall) would happen. She gave us assignments and said I was the newest and least experienced, so I could just give them energy and learn while they completed the ritual.

Anyway, everyone was going about doing their part and I saw the 4th member (dressed in World of Warcraft wizard robes and I got the impression he got into occult stuff, because of video games. everyone else had normal streetwear). The ghosts were interfering and distracting everyone. The WoW guy went deeper into the house to complete his part, but he got spooked by a demonic entity and started shrieking. I didn't see what he saw, just saw his silhouette in a shadowy hallway and then heard the screams.

He came running back saying he had to get out and he ran out into the street. We followed him, but there was no escape from the dream world as there were portals opening up on the street (it was twilight, purple sky and stars, etc). He kept running down the street as we tried to catch him and the leader lady said 'we have to get back in the house and complete the ritual now. the collision of worlds is already happening'.

WoW dude runs back into the house and locks himself in a closet shaped like a coffin and telekinetically chains/binds the closet closed and puts giant stakes through the door to keep himself there. The woman got the stakes and chains off, but he flew out with a little black vampire cape and she looked exasperated. She turned to me and goes, 'we failed. wake up'. And then I woke up in bed all tired and went to work. lol

david starling

I've been checking my dreams relative to the Asc transit in my location. Getting some good, consistent correlations. Asc in Cap wakes me up with problems relating to work, for example. My more "far out" dreams have usually been during Asc in Aqua.

Lykanized

Hmm. I've had dreams in which I was visited by beings who wanted to help me remember things, but I never payed attention to transits

Last night I had a dream in which I'm pretty sure I experienced another life of mine. I'll check transits

Lykanized

Hmm. I've had dreams in which I was visited by beings who wanted to help me remember things, but I never payed attention to transits

Last night I had a dream in which I'm pretty sure I experienced another life of mine. I'll check transits
I can't find anything. Certainly nothing transiting my ascendant

Lykanized

I'd really love to go to sleep and meet some of those lovely beings again, but I'm not even sure if it has to do with transits yet

Lykanized

External world is a reflection of the internal world. People say this all the time, but it's true. So whatever you see, look inside. And if you want to see something different outside, look inside. If you want to do something but it seems impossible, look inside, then go back outside when you realize it's possible. Imagination is the cap