ADD/ADHD Natal Charts

Witchyone

I was 19. Legally an adult, but not really living in the adult world yet.

The important thing is that you know what you need.

Does the experience of ADD people resonate for you? For me, it did, very strongly, when I first heard about it (through the book Driven to Distraction, which was the very first one aimed at the average reader that covered both child and adult ADD and got a wide readership). That was really how I knew, and what prompted me to seek a diagnosis. Getting the diagnosis only validated my life experiences.

I didn't say they would have to have the diagnosis themselves to give it. My point was that the best professionals to work with ADD are those who have personal experience with it, but it doesn't necessarily have to be the experience of having it themselves. If they have a family member with it, that's personal experience. Some sense of what it actually looks like in real life, outside the office, which is a very controlled setting. People who don't have that experience are much more prone to not believing it even exists, than people who have seen it firsthand.

That doesn't mean practitioners whose only experience with ADD came from their practice can't make the diagnosis, just that they're more likely to dismiss it and less likely to cover the bases on testing.

Thanks for the reply. It didn't resonate with me until I heard about adult ADD and forms of it that don't include hyperactivity. I agree that it is a difficult-to-pin-down diagnosis, but I don't doubt that it exists. I think it may be overdiagnosed in children now, and underdiagnosed in the adult community.

Anyway, some traits I thought might be related were symptoms of rage and not being able to focus at work, but most of that subsided when I adjusted some things. I've been treated for depression for many many moons. I always had a quick temper, but my symptoms didn't really start until puberty, which makes my doctors think a lot of it is related to hormones. My experience bears this out.

AlexZim

Hey Everyone :)

I'm diagnosed (and formerly medicated) ADHD. Attaching my natal chart for anyone who wants to take a gander. Excited to read and learn from this thread, as this question's crossed my mind numerous times.

Love + Light!
Alexandra

Attachments

• AlexNatal1.jpg
    AlexNatal1.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 83

applesandlilacs

Salutations,

My name is Amber, and I was diagnosed with ADD at 5 (too early). It is now called inattentive ADHD. Basically, a highly active mind with a not so active body. MY main issues are high distractibility and hyper-focusing. Here is my chart.

Blessings

Attachments

• Ambernatal.gif
    Ambernatal.gif
    63.3 KB · Views: 91

Neptunian Rainbow

Very interesting thread!

I know of a person who has ADHD. When he ended up in prison the doctors told him that they were surprised that he had not ended up there even earlier in life since he has the most severe form of ADHD. He also has Tourette’s.

He has Sun conjunct Mercury, Sun conjunct Uranus (1 degree), Sun conjunct Pluto, Moon conjunct Mars, Uranus conjunct Pluto (2 degrees). He has lots of squares, oppositions and conjunctions and a T-square involving his moon. During a period of his life he was very successful and rich, but it did not satisfy him and he lost it all.

I have a friend who has as Grand cross including Venus, Uranus, Jupiter and Saturn. His Moon is not included in the configuration and I don´t know if he has ADHD.

He also has many oppositions, squares and trines and he has strong conjunctions to personal planets. Someone mentioned Jupiter square Saturn and Saturn in Cancer, he has it as well. He needs to be doing many things at once.

He is constantly traveling and working and while he for example participates in a meeting he needs to be doing other work-related things at the same time. When I visit him he runs around his huge mansion like the Flash and he makes me dizzy.

He is very intense. He told me that he rests about one day per every three months. He is very successful and rich.

My brother has a Grand cross as well as a T square between the Moon, Uranus and Chiron. He does not have Sun square Uranus but Moon square Uranus (0 degrees).

He was wild, restless and sometimes very angry and aggressive when he was a child.
When he went to school it was impossible for him to sit still in the classroom and he was not able to study. When he got older he found his path and he is now extremely focused.

He is able to work between 12-18 hours per day and he loves to exercise and do extreme sporting and he has been all over the world.

All of these men would definitely had been medicated if they would have been born in the 90:s.

As I see it, it is as good thing that so many children nowadays are born with intense tensions within them. They are not able to fit in to this world. We will instead be forced to make the world fit the children.

The school education is one of the things that need to change. The school system was created to make people become like robots so that they would be able to work in factories. The world has changed a lot so our schools are in need of some serious upgrading.

These children are often capable of a lot if you don´t force them to waste their time and if you don´t try to turn them into robots. They need to be guided into channeling their energy into something that feels meaningful to them.

Just a thought.. Perhaps people with Grand crosses, T-squares, lots of squares, oppositions and conjunctions, lots of fire in their chart etc have traits of ADHD. And perhaps ADD has something to do with inconjunctions/Yods?

Osamenor has two inconjunctions to mars from a Mars-Uranus sextile. I also saw the chart of Amber and it looks like she has a Yod as well. Witchyone thought that she had ADD and she has a Yod. I do also have one and I definitely resonate with the symptoms of ADD.

Grand crosses, T-squares and Yods all create LOTS of inner tension.

Lunny

I have some of the aspects: Moon in Virgo in 12th(trine Neptune), Mercury in 12th opposite Saturn, forming a T-square with Jupiter(in 3rd house, conjunct IC), also North node in 12th. But I don't have ADHD, at least I've always had the highest scores in IQ tests. But it's true I lose interest in just about everything very quickly! Mercury opp Saturn forms a cradle with Pluto and Uranus, I don't know if that helps the situation.

venusarising

I have ADHD I didn't take a test. A psychiatrist asked me a series of questions about my life and I meet all the criteria. I have Gemini in mercury oppose neptune in the 12th house. I also think it comes with a certain level of sensitivity and I have moon, Venus, Saturn in cancer on my ascendant... Mars in pisces. I think I have 3 grand crosses or something?

Last edited:

venusarising

Were you diagnosed as an adult or a child? I think they didn't go very far with the assessment because they don't think ADD is my problem, so they feel it's a waste of time to further explore it. At this point, I'm not sure what good it would do me to have the diagnosis. I'm functioning fine and staying within acceptable social limits of behavior. :tongue: I thought you might want to know if you're keeping track of placements.

I'm not sure I agree that one has to have the diagnosis themselves to give it. Would you say that about other mental illness, like bipolar or schizophrenia?

Really though, add/ADHD is not a mental illness it is a way that the brain processes information.

Osamenor

Staff member
I have some of the aspects: Moon in Virgo in 12th(trine Neptune), Mercury in 12th opposite Saturn, forming a T-square with Jupiter(in 3rd house, conjunct IC), also North node in 12th. But I don't have ADHD, at least I've always had the highest scores in IQ tests. But it's true I lose interest in just about everything very quickly! Mercury opp Saturn forms a cradle with Pluto and Uranus, I don't know if that helps the situation.

ADD/ADHD is a continuum, I think. You could have some traits, or the full blown thing... and the difference between the full blown thing and just some traits is vague. Astrologically, it makes sense that some people with those aspects will be diagnosed with ADD/ADHD (or qualify for the diagnosis but not receive it), and others might see a different manifestation of those aspects.

High scores in IQ tests are not proof that you don't have ADD/ADHD. You could have ADD/ADHD and a high IQ. If anything, your IQ might be even higher than your scores show, because if you have ADD, it could result in your test scores being lower than they should.

Perhaps having many tense aspects is part of it. Certainly, none of the charts that have been posted here look like smooth sailing, although interestingly, many of us have a grand trine.

Last edited:

casualmaniac

My sun and moon are opposites, they conflict each other. I've read hundreds of times in the online chart readings that I have trouble concentrating and tend to have multiple unfinished tasks at once, usually end up not ever finishing them, getting bored, sidetracked etc. Which is all too accurate, on top of all that I have a Gemini Asc. To put it into perspective it took me fifteen minutes to write this above cause my mind wandered away a few times. I feel like an embodiment of ADD, it's a heck of a handicap.
mus1x

tenacapcious

ADD/ADHD is a continuum, I think. You could have some traits, or the full blown thing... and the difference between the full blown thing and just some traits is vague. Astrologically, it makes sense that some people with those aspects will be diagnosed with ADD/ADHD (or qualify for the diagnosis but not receive it), and others might see a different manifestation of those aspects.

High scores in IQ tests are not proof that you don't have ADD/ADHD. You could have ADD/ADHD and a high IQ. If anything, your IQ might be even higher than your scores show, because if you have ADD, it could result in your test scores being lower than they should.

Perhaps having many tense aspects is part of it. Certainly, none of the charts that have been posted here look like smooth sailing, although interestingly, many of us have a grand trine.

My son scored high on IQ tests for his age and adhd in kindergarten (I can't remember what the test's called, but it tests different intelligences and he scored very high in some areas, a bit above average in other areas and an overall high score - I don't remember) if he had kept his fingers off a hot light bulb minutes before the test (the examiner left the room for a short moment) he would've scored higher and a clearer picture would've formed of his intelligence. This was before anyone had thought about giving him Ritalin, he was off the walls and if he'd been on Ritalin, he would've probably finished in a shorter time and that would've also helped his score, I was told.

He attends the same school as his autistic brother, for kids who fall under an umbrella of mental disabilities, but the common denominator is that they don't have any mental retardation. He still scores high academically, their concern is over his emotional sensitivity and other social issues.

Osamenor

Staff member
I found a different thread that was also talking about ADD/ADHD in the birth chart and had a thought while posting that I'd like to share on this thread too. I'm curious if you think there could be anything to my theory. I quote myself,

"I assume you and I are not that far apart in age due to your mention of Uranus/Neptune conjunction, likely in Capricorn, and if that is the case, it means we were both born somewhere around the 1990s. Maybe that aspect itself has something to with it, since it was not previously diagnosed or recognized as anything prior to the generation that has that particular aspect. The Millennials are the generation that possess the Uranus (change/shock/unorthodox) conjunct Neptune (imagination/illusion/perception) which could possibly contribute to the surge of ADD/ADHD diagnoses in our generation.

Interestingly, I also have a Jupiter/Saturn hard aspect. In my case, a t-square, with Saturn as the focal point and Uranus as the other point. Since those are generational/social planets, everyone born within a month or two of me has that t-square, so it can't be just that... but for me, the t-square is angular, which would make it more powerful.

People in previous generations were diagnosed, just not as frequently, and it wasn't part of the common vocabulary. However, right around the time you were born, there was a sudden surge in ADD/ADHD being recognized. In 1994, when I was 19, I suddenly acquired a name for my difference, through the newly published "Driven to Distraction." That led to my diagnosis the following year. Many others, at all ages, were first diagnosed around that time and in the next few years.

So children like you, who were born with ADD in those years, were much more likely to be diagnosed and medicated, unlike previous generations who were no less ADD. Just like deafness has always existed, but Deaf culture in its modern form has not.

On a higher level, Uranus relates to the Creative Consciousness, yearning to be expressed through creativity; Neptune relates to mystical, spiritual aims trying to break through to the consciousness. This is fitting since the conjunction is also suggested to bring about an awakening of consciousness, as associated with the Mayan prophecy. Uranus is the accelerator, as you say, 'acting fast to stimulate change or revolutionize the way our minds are naturally structured'.
I want to revisit this about Uranus and Neptune, because I'm studying my life's transits now, and had an aha moment:

While I am not part of the generation born under the Uranus and Neptune conjunction in Capricorn--I'm older by 14-20 years--the widespread recognition of ADD, including the inwardly directed type, came along during that time, and I was diagnosed as the Uranus/Neptune conjunction opposed my natal Saturn from my first house, turning my Saturn/Jupiter/Uranus and MC/IC t-square into a grand cross. My waxing Uranus square, which happens to everyone around age 21, came during that same period, a little earlier than average--I was 19 and 20 during the period of a year and a half or so when Uranus made three passes over the exact square. Neptune followed Uranus, about a year behind in making the first exact aspect.

Makes perfect sense: during that transit, a crucial part of my identity changed, and changed quite suddenly, with instant clarity. Instead of a nameless "something wrong," I had a name for it, and now there were others with the same name.

Just looking over this thread, I see that the posters who were born during that period all have the Uranus/Neptune conjunction in or near a t-square, or square the sun, or both. So, now I'm curious about its role in ADD/ADHD. For those of us born before the conjunction, how many of us were diagnosed during it, or during a key transit of Neptune and/or Uranus to our natal charts, or both? For those born during it, I'm also curious about the timing of the diagnosis. Did it perhaps happen when Uranus and/or Neptune perfected an aspect? If you were diagnosed as a child, this would be a childhood transit.

CapAquaPis

On my birth chart, Feb. 15, 1980 - Saturn in 3rd opposite Mercury in 9th and Sun/Moon conjunction in 8th square Uranus in 5th. You could say my autism was predicted by the Mercury/Saturn opposition, as well Saturn conjunct Mars and Jupiter, plus Lilith in 24' vs Saturn in 25' Virgo. The risk of autism increases by Mercury placements, esp. in 1st or 12th (ascendant node) and 9th houses.

Osamenor

Staff member
On my birth chart, Feb. 15, 1980 - Saturn in 3rd opposite Mercury in 9th and Sun/Moon conjunction in 8th square Uranus in 5th. You could say my autism was predicted by the Mercury/Saturn opposition, as well Saturn conjunct Mars and Jupiter, plus Lilith in 24' vs Saturn in 25' Virgo. The risk of autism increases by Mercury placements, esp. in 1st or 12th (ascendant node) and 9th houses.

What does that have to do with ADD/ADHD? This thread is about ADD/ADHD, not autism. If you want to talk about autism specifically, that should be another thread. If you mean to make some connection between autism and ADD/ADHD, please make it clear what connection you're making. If you're not making any connection with ADD/ADHD, your post is off topic.

AbitUnknown

I definitely feel like I got ADD, I'm not sure what it is but looking at my Mercury in Taurus retrograde in the 12th house. Also my rising in Gemini conjnct moon in 8th and trine Neptune both 0°. I have trouble paying attention, reading, talking, and learning.

Is it because my Mercury and Moon in Cap are weak?

Osamenor

Staff member
I definitely feel like I got ADD, I'm not sure what it is but looking at my Mercury in Taurus retrograde in the 12th house. Also my rising in Gemini conjnct moon in 8th and trine Neptune both 0°.
Thanks for sharing! I don't quite understand how your chart would look, though. It's impossible for your ascendant to be conjunct anything in the 8th house. The ascendant is the boundary between the 12th and 1st houses, so for a planet to be conjunct your ascendant, it has to be in one of those houses. Do you mean the 12th? Or is it some other aspect that your ascendant makes with your moon? And what sign do you have Neptune at 0 degrees of?

I have trouble paying attention, reading, talking, and learning.

Is it because my Mercury and Moon in Cap are weak?
We're exploring all chart factors, so anything might play a part.

If you're willing to post your whole chart, we could look for other factors.

AbitUnknown

Thanks for sharing! I don't quite understand how your chart would look, though. It's impossible for your ascendant to be conjunct anything in the 8th house. The ascendant is the boundary between the 12th and 1st houses, so for a planet to be conjunct your ascendant, it has to be in one of those houses. Do you mean the 12th? Or is it some other aspect that your ascendant makes with your moon? And what sign do you have Neptune at 0 degrees of?

We're exploring all chart factors, so anything might play a part.

If you're willing to post your whole chart, we could look for other factors.

Ohh I meant to say Mercury is aspecting everything I said, when I said ascendant I was referring to Mercury haha. I'll post my chart in the morning. Neptune is in the 8th house as well.