What Happened to Flight 370?

cspencer

Banned
The latest news release about missing flight MH370...

Now apparently it went down absolutely vertical.....nosediving straight into the ocean. That is why there was no wreckage found, because it remained completely intact.....whats next?

That theory is impossible.

The only way the plane could survive totally intact is if the pilots landed the plane on the ocean, where it remained buoyant and then sank.

All aircraft are designed to have the wings shear off in the event of any impact. The purpose of that is the wings are fuel tanks, and separating the fuel tanks from the fuselage has proven to reduce fire causalities in the cabin area.

A more plausible theory is the pilot or both got vertigo and flipped the plane over in mid-flight.

Those are passenger aircraft, not high-performance military aircraft. You cannot do barrel rolls in a passenger aircraft. They are not designed to bank/roll more than 60° off of the horizontal.

See the fate of the US flight that crashed in Central America.

Mysterious Crash of Flight 201 (#2017)

Just hours after the crash of a South American airliner, Copa Flight #201, in a remote Panamanian jungle, Nova was on the ground with a team from the National Transportation Safety Board. This program followed investigators as they conducted tests on the fuselage of the wrecked plane, performed autopsies on the recovered bodies, attempted to retrieve data from the cockpit recorder, and analyzed findings from the data recorder. Upon conclusion of the probe, investigators blamed the problem on a faulty attitude indicator and a faulty connection between the gyroscope and attitude indicator.

Marinka

The only way the plane could survive totally intact is if the pilots landed the plane on the ocean, where it remained buoyant and then sank.

All aircraft are designed to have the wings shear off in the event of any impact.

My take .... not impossible .. more like very improbable. I'm a big fan of the Black Swan which provides a very good concept of the "impossible".

I'm not sure what to think about the flight demise at this point but, from my physics background it seems that there are angles/patterns of movement that might be able to cut through the water and leave the plane intact. I liken this to cutting through steak or chicken - there are ways that the cut is very tearing and it destroys but, by changing the knife position, you might be able to find an angle that glides through the meat/chicken. What are the chances of this -- very slim but, it should not be discounted. I suppose it could be placed alongside with alien abduction
:sleeping:

JUPITERASC

Scientist Milne is in agreement with you :smile:
and the originators of the "vertical impact theory" are now recalculating their maths

'….Unsurprisingly, researchers admitted they need to revise calculations after renegade scientist Andre Milne, who believes the downed plane is in Bay of Bengal, noticed major weakness in their sums. Milne claims amount of kinetic energy being transferred into the sea would have been so vast it would have activated oceanic sensors which are situated around the world and would have given searchers a near enough exact location of the point of impact. Mr Milne, fundraising to launch search in Bay of Bengal said: “No corroborating date from oceanic sensors confirms Dr. Chen and team, who have nothing but an interesting super computer simulation of what may or may not be theoretically possible.....'

“Boeing 777 has no kinetic energy when sitting still on the runway. Boeing 777 moving approximately 600 miles an hour has massive amount of force now attached, called kinetic energy. MH370 hitting water in a nose dive at 500 miles an hour, means kinetic energy is minimum 4.5 billion foot pounds (energy required to move one pound one foot) of force. Their super computer did not calculate that the massive impact explosion of water from 4.5 billion foot pounds of force would have simultaneously triggered oceanic sensors worldwide and immediately given searchers exact location of point of impact. Since there was no massive 4.5 billion foot pounds of force impact detected... It never happened.”

Mr Milne claims oceanic sensors were triggered on 8 March 2014 south of the Maldives, which is just south of the Bay of Bengal. They were activated between 01.29am and 01.32am local time.
Dr. Goong Chen, who is an applied mathematician at Texas A&M University, led the team of experts in America and the Qatar Environment and Energy Research Institute. He admitted his computer whizzes will have to do more calculations thanks to the new revelations.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...e-Malaysia-Airlines-MH370-crashed-recalculate

All aircraft are designed to have the wings shear off in the event of any impact. The purpose of that is the wings are fuel tanks, and separating the fuel tanks from the fuselage has proven to reduce fire causalities in the cabin area.

A more plausible theory is the pilot or both got vertigo and flipped the plane over in mid-flight.

Those are passenger aircraft, not high-performance military aircraft. You cannot do barrel rolls in a passenger aircraft. They are not designed to bank/roll more than 60° off of the horizontal.

See the fate of the US flight that crashed in Central America.

Mysterious Crash of Flight 201 (#2017)

Just hours after the crash of a South American airliner, Copa Flight #201, in a remote Panamanian jungle, Nova was on the ground with a team from the National Transportation Safety Board. This program followed investigators as they conducted tests on the fuselage of the wrecked plane, performed autopsies on the recovered bodies, attempted to retrieve data from the cockpit recorder, and analyzed findings from the data recorder. Upon conclusion of the probe, investigators blamed the problem on a faulty attitude indicator and a faulty connection between the gyroscope and attitude indicator.

JUPITERASC

My take .... not impossible .. more like very improbable. I'm a big fan of the Black Swan which provides a very good concept of the "impossible".

Impossible :smile:
due to amount of kinetic energy that would have been released
not registering on worldwide sensors as just explained

I'm not sure what to think about the flight demise at this point but, from my physics background it seems that there are angles/patterns of movement that might be able to cut through the water and leave the plane intact. I liken this to cutting through steak or chicken - there are ways that the cut is very tearing and it destroys but, by changing the knife position, you might be able to find an angle that glides through the meat/chicken. What are the chances of this -- very slim but, it should not be discounted. I suppose it could be placed alongside with alien abduction

Marinka

The amount of kinetic energy released at the moment will depend on the deceleration. If the object is stopped quickly - much energy is released at that moment (like a belly flop). But if the plane slices through water then the kinetic energy is released slowly through friction with the water (like a swan dive).

If the plane has a massively quick deceleration as occurs in a belly flop, then I would expect that sensors might pick up the energy surge. If the plane hit the water in a fashion to cut/slice through, the energy would be shifted over moments (maybe even minutes) as the speed is decreased and as a result, might not be enough to trigger sensors.

Note, I don't know enough about the sensors that are used and what levels will trigger. What I am saying is that there is a difference in how energy (how much over what period) is released in a belly-flop and a swan dive which is what I am envisioning could have happened to plane (again, many possibilities about what happened).

JUPITERASC

The amount of kinetic energy released at the moment will depend on the deceleration. If the object is stopped quickly - much energy is released at that moment (like a belly flop). But if the plane slices through water then the kinetic energy is released slowly through friction with the water (like a swan dive).

If the plane has a massively quick deceleration as occurs in a belly flop, then I would expect that sensors might pick up the energy surge. If the plane hit the water in a fashion to cut/slice through, the energy would be shifted over moments (maybe even minutes) as the speed is decreased and as a result, might not be enough to trigger sensors.

Note, I don't know enough about the sensors that are used and what levels will trigger. What I am saying is that there is a difference in how energy (how much over what period) is released in a belly-flop and a swan dive which is what I am envisioning could have happened to plane (again, many possibilities about what happened).
THE GREATEST AVIATION MYSTERY OF ALL TIME :smile:
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC DOCUMENTARY MH370
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivm-B-ag_6g