LGBTQ - does astrology reflect todays gender roles?

Inline

QUOTE:

"Are Venus and Mars as male/female archetypes outdated? We live in a time of gender equality....where we are not bound by archaic gender roles....so why isn't astrology reflecting that?"

....reopening the question (from Bunkaroo dated 2015) after the recent LGBTQ worldwide 'awareness awakening' piquing with several countries introducing LGBT sex education into preschools & elementary schools.

Does astrology indicate anything about this phenomena....why now?!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

bb923f1af2e97f80401002bc86b22d3b.jpg

Moondancing

Premium Member
Change is difficult. You can see this in regards to 10th/4th house significators. Tenth still represents the mother and fourth the father from the days of our patriarchal society when men ruled the home and women were given 10th status because they were 'the partner'.

One astrological change maybe the star Regulus moving from Leo/masculine to Virgo/feminine. Regulus' symbolism doesn't change but maybe there is a new feminine influence evolving, one of receptivity and sensitivity.

Moon Dance

Inline

One astrological change maybe the star Regulus moving from Leo/masculine to Virgo/feminine.

Regulus' symbolism doesn't change but maybe there is a new feminine influence evolving, one of receptivity and sensitivity.

Hi Moondance, interesting.....!

I was thinking about Mercury's influence and Gemini the twins perhaps playing a role....and you point out Regulus' sign change to Virgo, ruler Mercury.

Thanks

Inline

....the reason this subject came to my attention was the simultaneous roll out of attention for the LGBTQ situation....cool, i thought.

I then pictured the G7 countries discussing catastrophes like climate change, population migration and contagious diseases....when suddenly everyone agreed that the world's problem was something so different that countries everywhere needed to invest in sex education for preschools and rainbows....

Astrologically Mars and Venus will never go away, nor will they change their colours....does that mean LGBTQ doesn't exist? Why is it now important for the world to focus on gender?

Last edited:

Inline

I feel like this thread is a bait. ;)

true but seriously....why is this so important now, it's not as if gender identity hasn't been around for thousands of years..?

i can't help thinking it's something more? a distraction perhaps? are we supposed to navel-gaze our lives away asking the old questions "who am i, what am i"...?

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Ten years ago a gender diversity clinic in Canada reported seeing only 1 or 2 children a year. Now it's 180 a year. During that time Neptune ingressed into Pieces!? What I've noticed through this is much more 'receptivity' to this condition in our society. Many more doctors are available and willing to change a child's sex. Laws are being passed making sure trans are referred to by their chosen identity. And as you pointed out, educating the children.

Moon Dance

Another thought about Neptune. Before coming into its own sign, it was ruled by Saturn. Pressure to follow the rules of society, didn't dare step forward. Now that Neptune in its own sign, there is freedom to call the shots. That is the big difference I see, no fear to push their weight around to get their way.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
true but seriously....why is this so important now, it's not as if gender identity hasn't been around for thousands of years..?

i can't help thinking it's something more? a distraction perhaps? are we supposed to navel-gaze our lives away asking the old questions "who am i, what am i"...?

Here's another angle: in the same era in which awareness of LGBTQ+ identities has arisen, the visibility and self determination of colonized indigenous peoples has also increased. Maybe not as drastically, but it's there. In some cases, there's a significant traditional role in those societies for people who we would call LGBTQ.

I think the same energies, astrological or otherwise, are fueling both.

Gender identity has indeed been around for thousands of years, but it hasn't always been understood in the exact same way. Even in the same era, different societies have understood it differently. While all humans everywhere, in every era, agree that there are men and there are women, exactly what it means to be a man or a woman varies from culture to culture. So does the extent to which a neither/nor or both/and gender is recognized: anywhere from not at all to very strongly.

rahu

Banned

there is nothing natural about the transgender "revolution".
LGBTQ is a political/social manipulation to restructure the consciousness of the people of the world to make it easier for the implementation of the new world order 's economic slavery. this is all ridiculous. it is psychotic, the LGBTQ has us adopting a totally dysfunctional view of reality. men who think the are women should be able to inter female domains and disrupt everything.
after thousands of years of subjugation of women, enlightened society has begun to give women equal rights and acknowledge their place in society. what does LGBTQ do? men are now breaking women's records in track and field and weight lifting....scientifically women's physiology I different from men,that is why we have separate competitions, but now a man who has sexual identity disorder is considered more important that a normally adjusted woman.
this is an attempt to push women's rights back into the stone age. soon we will have men's track with men competing and womens track with men competing....where will women have a venue to compete....they won't because the new world order is simply the paternalistic, misogynic social structure that has wage unending wars for millenniums.

LGBTQ is just an extension social social engineering. But before the masses can be molded into slaves, they have to be shed of their humanity .you have no cultural identify, no national identify, no racial identity, no sexual identity.....all the characteristics that makeup are personalities are being eradicated so that we become tabla rasa for the indoctrination as soulless drones.

the LGBTQ is being used as the front to legitimize pedophilia. California is teaching middle school students about sodomy and acceptability of child predators.

lets not confuse LGBTQ with the sexual spectrum of human sexuality. since the beginning of civilization human sexuality has not been defined by only orientations. transsexual have been visible and accepted for many decades.
the Spartan and other Greeks were homosexual within their cultural parameters. there are tombs of "gay"men from the 12 dynasty in ancient egypt .

but when they normalize a physical correct man with his belief he is a woman, we are turning the society psychotic . gender confusion has always been an element of some childrens psychological development. but now a 4 year old girl who wants to be a boy or vice versa,can be taken from their parents so that the state can begin the introduction of chemicals to interfere with the normal development of puberty.

I have no problem with extending full legal protection to peoples sexual orientation but the above examples show that LGBTQ has nothing to do with sexuality but rather the implementation by a satanic elite of a mindless slave society
rahu

Last edited:

Inline

Ten years ago a gender diversity clinic in Canada reported seeing only 1 or 2 children a year. Now it's 180 a year. During that time Neptune ingressed into Pieces!? What I've noticed through this is much more 'receptivity' to this condition in our society....

Thanks Moondance,

I used to work in paediatrics in the late 80's. Same sex parents were just emerging and having children. I remember one lesbian couple who gave birth to a boy.

The little boy was admitted to the unit for colitis, irritable bowel syndrome. He was 2yrs old and would scream in pain everytime he had to go to the washroom. His mothers dressed him in - girlish clothes - and he had rings on all his fingers. But the rings were already too small, and so tight his fingers were swollen. It appeared to staff that the parents were denying his gender, and wished another...

...sometimes I wonder what happened to him, did he change his gender later?

Last edited:

Inline

LGBTQ is just an extension social engineering.....all the characteristics that makeup our personalities are being eradicated.

.....when they normalize a physically correct man with his belief he is a woman, we are turning the society psychotic....

....now a 4 year old girl who wants to be a boy, or vice versa can be taken from their parents - so that the state can begin the introduction of chemicals to interfere with the normal development of puberty.

Rahu, i hear and agree, something's not right here....?!

Thanks for the interesting input!

Last edited:

Inline

That's an interesting question....

I've looked at only a couple of transgender charts, both American. I wouldn't say there's anything in those few charts I could pull out that wasn't in other charts.

Another kind of neutral possibility is the maturing of the Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn crew, which seems to be mixed amongst neo-traditionalists and those who are trying to build some kind of diversity into the capricornian systems....

Passiflora, i agree......i can't pull out anything in LGBTQ charts that I can't also see in other charts.

Thanks for your input!

Inline

Here's another angle: in the same era in which awareness of LGBTQ+ identities has arisen, the visibility and self determination of colonized indigenous peoples has also increased.....In some cases, there's a significant traditional role in those societies for people who we would call LGBTQ.

Hi Osamenor,

can you see anything in charts that would point to a rise in LGBTQ - and as you pointed out (if i understood) also a 'tribal' awakening awareness?

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Hi Osamenor,

can you see anything in charts that would point to a rise in LGBTQ - and as you pointed out (if i understood) also a 'tribal' awakening awareness?
I don't think it can be discerned in individual charts. People who are LGBTQ and people who are not are born the same day, every day, and consequently have highly similar charts. Even twins born by c-section--so that their charts are practically identical--sometimes have different sexual orientations from each other.

I think there might be chart factors that some people manifest by being LGBTQ, while others manifest them differently. But I don't know what those chart factors are.

Unscientifically, I have seen several charts on here belonging to people who self identified as LGBTQ, and most of them had some eighth house emphasis--and, typically, that included some involvement with the nodes: a node was in the eighth house, or one or both node rulers was, or there was an aspect to the nodes from a placement in the eighth. But there are plenty of charts like that belonging to cis het people, so that can't be the deciding factor.

That even describes my chart. I have an eighth house sun (both whole sign and quadrant) plus Mercury and Venus in the eighth in quadrant systems, and Venus rules my south node, and the sun squares my nodal axis. I'm cis het, but many of people in my life, including some of my closest friends and most of the people I've worked with and studied with since shifting my focus in the healing arts direction, are LGBTQ. I suppose that could be chalked up to where I live (an area well known for its LGBTQ community) and who tends to go into healing arts (I see a much higher percentage of LGBTQ people in healing arts fields than in the general population), but I also think there's a strong affinity between them and me.

Globally, I don't know what's pushing this shift, but changes in global consciousness are typically reflected by the outer planets. In the last 50-ish years, Uranus has formed conjunctions with both of the other outers, kicking off a new Uranus-Pluto cycle (the 1960's conjunction in Virgo) and a new Uranus-Neptune cycle (the 1988-1992 conjunction in Capricorn). Both of those new cycles coincided closely with revolution (always a Uranian word) in how LGBTQ is perceived, and lived. And, the recent rash of law changes to allow same sex marriage and better accommodate gender transitions happened around the time Pluto entered Capricorn: a knockdown of traditional structures.

I don't think that's the whole astrological story, but those are probably factors in it.

petosiris

Banned
It is well established that homosexuality is partly hereditary, therefore making its supposed increase (rather than publicity and activism?) solely through current social factors rather sketchy.

There are many configurations in Hellenistic astrology for finding out whether someone is homosexual, bisexual or ''losing his genitals'' in Dorotheus, Ptolemy and Valens. They all regard these things as perversities or diseases. In the latter 20th and 21st century, however, they have become less stigmatized and legalized in Western democratic countries.

For Ptolemy see chapters 3.14 and 4.5
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/3D*.html#14
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/4B*.html#5

Ptolemy also believed that certain nations, like the ''northern barbarians'' were more predisposed to cultural acceptance of homosexuality compared to Semites due to astrological factors.

Last edited:

Inline

There are many configurations in Hellenistic astrology for finding out whether someone is homosexual, bisexual or ''losing his genitals'' in Dorotheus, Ptolemy and Valens....

Ptolemy also believed that certain nations, like the ''northern barbarians'' were more predisposed to cultural acceptance of homosexuality compared to Semites due to astrological factors.

Thank you!

i had trouble sleeping...wondering why so much attention was being focused now on LGBTQ when it wasn't really visible astrologically....a distraction?

...when trying to figure something out, i look at event charts and at the circumstances around the question...sun in Gemini, twins, neutral sexuality, human copies; ruler Mercury in Cancer = reproduction, children....etc. Recently a docu came out about triplets called "Three Identical Strangers" - who were originally quadruplets (2x twins) but one died at birth. They were born in 1961. There is a suspicion they may be clones. There was an uproar at the Miss India Beauty Pageant 2019 that they looked too alike, and were clones.

Also in San Francisco facial recognition is no longer allowed to be used......

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Also in San Francisco facial recognition is no longer allowed to be used......

That has nothing to do with LGBTQ, and everything to do with facial recognition being discriminatory against people of color, and, to some extent, women. Because the tech companies that develop it rarely if ever use anyone besides white men to teach it, facial recognition technologies are much less reliable at identifying people of color and women. Add to that the systemic racism that gets people of color profiled and stereotyped as criminals, and facial recognition technology is even more problematic.

It's not necessarily more problematic for LGBTQ people than for anyone else, but the racial profiling implications are enough.

Inline

That (EDIT to ADD: face recognition) has nothing to do with LGBTQ, and everything to do with facial recognition being discriminatory against people of color, and to some extent, women.

Perhaps....but if one asks why is raising LGBTQ awareness so important now, what purpose does it serve? to undo an injustice?

If we look at LGBTQ as a form of twin, perhaps? a preference for our sexual copy, is that sexual.... or asexual?

Promoting LGBTQ orientation could be about control - maybe population control...but India & China are off the charts, so doubtful. But what about if LGBTQ was about controlling the number of a sex? A way of encouraging more women...or more men, for example?

But then....what if the world already had a method of controlling the type or number of people being born? Clones....our twins - like recent news suggests?

Wouldn't face recognition then be a problem?

Inline

Clones? What? Like - multiples from IVF, a technology overwhelmingly used by cishet couples? I’m almost afraid to ask.....

Do you think the pervasive use of surveillance technologies in countries without social welfare safety nets is a good thing?

omg....i'm brainstorming - trying to understand the question of LGBTQ awakening now - thats why i reopened the thread.

i'm a forensic astrologer and use event charts....and thought looking at things around the time of my question as an event chart - to see what answers might be available because the astrological material available about LGBTQ was lacking - would be informative?

...my brainstorming revealed some interesting coincidences...so, i looked at the info in more detail and came up with some controversial solutions which may or may not be that far from the truth?

....that's what it has to do with astrology

Last edited: