Is venus conjunct pluto same as venus in scorpio?

Emeraldstar99

I have seen many situations like this and both seem to behave similar.
-Pluto in the 3rd house same as mercury in scorpio.
-Venus in libra same as venus in 7th house
-Mars in 1st same as Aries ascendant
-Venus in Scorpio, Venus conjunct Pluto, Venus in 8th

I wonder if those are the same or just similar effects on a person. If the difference It's the intensity of each one, which would be the most powerful and the least?

My experience is that Mercury and Venus in Scorpio seem to behave the same as those other placements but not sure if that is true to every other situation similar as that( or if there's only with Scorpio Placements) Very confused about it.

capuranusnep

I wonder if those are the same or just similar effects on a person. If the difference It's the intensity of each one, which would be the most powerful and the least?

My experience is that Mercury and Venus in Scorpio seem to behave the same as those other placements but not sure if that is true to every other situation similar as that( or if there's only with Scorpio Placements) Very confused about it.

I know people like to mix them up, but there is a clear difference between planets, signs, and houses.

Venus in Scorpio and Venus-Pluto may both have the depth and resourcefullness when it comes to matters of the heart/harmony/affection/creativity. The sign is a mode while the planet is a principle(I think astrologer Kannon Mcafee said this, I just don't rember where I read it). Venus Pluto conjunction would have an easier time acessing the Pluto principle then a Venus Scorpio. Venus Pluto will activate eachother, while Venus in Scorpio would need other planets to activate it, and if activated by a planet besides Pluto , then the Venus will express itself differently than the Venus-Pluto.

Last edited:

GentlyJohnny

Venus Pluto conjunction would have an easier time acessing the Pluto principle then a Venus Scorpio. Venus Pluto will activate each other, while Venus in Scorpio would need other planets to activate it, and if activated by a planet besides Pluto , then the Venus will express itself differently than the Venus-Pluto.

So if one has both Venus and Pluto in Scorpio, it is the same as Venus Pluto? The strength of them is Venus Pluto = Venus + Pluto in Scorpio > Venus in Scorpio? If taken Pluto in Scorpio into the equation, the strength would be VP = V+P in S > Pluto in Scorpio > V in S?

Whoam1

Venus Pluto will be stronger than Venus in Scorpio. Mine is Venus conj Pluto through a 11th house stellium, the Venus being in Scorpio the Pluto being in sag. Pluto aspect Venus in Scorpio will only be exceeded in strength of mars aspected to venus in Scorpio with a aspect similar in strength. My Venus in Scorpio and Pluto 11th house conjunction are important because Venus=MC/AC in Scorpio, the Pluto is conjunct to Venus and the MC/AC. So it shows heavily in my personality. Venus=MC/AC=Pluto. (Pluto is the only one not in Scorpio).

D-Rok

Venus conjunct Pluto means about the same as shoe plus tree.

Venus in Scorpio on the other hand is a potential indicator of stuff, but you need the whole thing to figure out what it means.

You can’t just cookie-cut and say “oh yeah this is the same as that”. Is it? How is it? What sources indicate this?

ITT: Lot of questionable conclusions.

Chrysalis

I have venus conjunct pluto in libra and pluto rules all the time over venus ....them d@mn neptune aspects don't help either.:annoyed:

Chrysalis

Pluto and neptune have been doing the sextile dance since 1940's. Most people with pluto-venus probably have venus sextile neptune, depending on orbs used.

Yes im sure they have, but having venus/pluto is enough ...never mind having neptune involved.

The amount of times ive met a new guy and thought he was "the one" ....omg. But then also all of my inner planets are aspecting pluto...its not good. These aspects always make me attract pluto/scorpio guys....and now my moons just progressing into scorpio...well need i say more :bandit:

capuranusnep

So if one has both Venus and Pluto in Scorpio, it is the same as Venus Pluto? The strength of them is Venus Pluto = Venus + Pluto in Scorpio > Venus in Scorpio? If taken Pluto in Scorpio into the equation, the strength would be VP = V+P in S > Pluto in Scorpio > V in S?

Having two planets (especially a personal and a transpersonal planet) in one sign is never the same as having two planets and actual aspect to eachother. Planets like Pluto do not work strongly in the chart unless aspected in some way by a personal planet or angle/house cusp.

Or are you asking if a Venus-Pluto conjunction is stronger in Scorpio?

A Venus-Pluto conjunction in Scorpio would double down on the the themes of Venus-Scorpio/Pluto.

Frisiangal

Probably because you accept what you have read and don't delve further to question it?

As capuranusnep stated, 'The sign is a mode while the planet is a principle.'

A planet represents expression of a function; the 'doing' in the sense of action. The learning, loving, assertivity, confidence, structurising, etc.etc.,

a sign shows the temperament (element) of characteristics; the HOW in expression of that planetary function.

What you don't often read about is the difference in the manner in which a conjunction performs. In your example, which planet is ahead?
Venus in front of Pluto will express Pluto's deeply emotional (Scorpio) compulsive, manipulative, persuasive, bewitching, etc. qualities in its expression of 'power of and through love'.
Pluto in front of Venus will see Venus under the spell and willpower of Plutonic forces that have control over its actions.
The one is the spider weaving its web;, the other is the fly caught in it. :smile:

Whoam1

My Venus is in Scorpio and in front of Pluto (they are connected through a stellium in the 11th house) between them is the MC/AC midpoint (the MC is ruled by Venus), so who is truely the spider in my entire chart?

Frisiangal

My Venus is in Scorpio and in front of Pluto (they are connected through a stellium in the 11th house) between them is the MC/AC midpoint (the MC is ruled by Venus), so who is truely the spider in my entire chart?

From your reply #4, 'Venus being in Scorpio the Pluto being in sag' it's the other way around. Sagittarius is always ahead of Scorpio in the zodiac wheel, isn't it? I.e. Pluto is ahead of Venus.
Technically speaking, you have an applying Venus to Pluto (out of sign) conjunction. Some astrologers do not even consider an o.o.s aspect as working, in which case each planetary function influence is taken separately.

IF you consider it to work, you could look at the 11th house as the web of, or through which to undergo, experience of an 11th house nature. Platonic relationships may be inclined to be the receiver of, or take on Plutonic overtones.

With Scorpio on the cusp of, or in 11th house, the realm of the web might
lay hidden from the openness of freedom of expression (of spirit) that is Sagittarius 's domain. Venus will desire to express itself in a Scorpio
manner that is inwardly emotionally passionate, obsessive, compelling,
in and about whatever it desires ..... and all through a FIXED sign. Hard to let go.
Pluto in Sagittarius is enabling Venus to see 'the wider range' that is possible within this expression; that there are also webs that are made in the light. Yet much will depend upon how Venus looks upon the 'guiding light' force that Pluto in Sagittarius is showing it. Found in the avatar you use??? Does it welcome or shun the light of outer experience and growth with and without getting burnt in the process?

Who is the spider?? Doesn't a spider always create its own web to serve its purpose? A strong Sun would know what it is doing.
If, however, one tends to live through one's Moon, a person may consider itself to be the fly, always caught up in circumstances of forces beyond its personal control. Mars, as traditional ruler Scorpio, might then be seen as the spider.
Yet we all know the fate of a male spider and the black widow. :wink::smile:

muchacho

There are similarities between planets, signs and houses. But the formula planet = sign = house as in Mercury = 3rd house = Gemini doesn't really work. Signs represent basic energy patterns, houses represent basic areas of experience and planets represent basic forces (of nature).

Whoam1

From your reply #4, 'Venus being in Scorpio the Pluto being in sag' it's the other way around. Sagittarius is always ahead of Scorpio in the zodiac wheel, isn't it? I.e. Pluto is ahead of Venus.
Technically speaking, you have an applying Venus to Pluto (out of sign) conjunction. Some astrologers do not even consider an o.o.s aspect as working, in which case each planetary function influence is taken separately.

IF you consider it to work, you could look at the 11th house as the web of, or through which to undergo, experience of an 11th house nature. Platonic relationships may be inclined to be the receiver of, or take on Plutonic overtones.

With Scorpio on the cusp of, or in 11th house, the realm of the web might
lay hidden from the openness of freedom of expression (of spirit) that is Sagittarius 's domain. Venus will desire to express itself in a Scorpio
manner that is inwardly emotionally passionate, obsessive, compelling,
in and about whatever it desires ..... and all through a FIXED sign. Hard to let go.
Pluto in Sagittarius is enabling Venus to see 'the wider range' that is possible within this expression; that there are also webs that are made in the light. Yet much will depend upon how Venus looks upon the 'guiding light' force that Pluto in Sagittarius is showing it. Found in the avatar you use??? Does it welcome or shun the light of outer experience and growth with and without getting burnt in the process?

Who is the spider?? Doesn't a spider always create its own web to serve its purpose? A strong Sun would know what it is doing.
If, however, one tends to live through one's Moon, a person may consider itself to be the fly, always caught up in circumstances of forces beyond its personal control. Mars, as traditional ruler Scorpio, might then be seen as the spider.
Yet we all know the fate of a male spider and the black widow. :wink::smile:

My moon is in the eight house square and contra-parallel to Pluto, and mars itself biquintiles Pluto. My Sun/Moon mp and MC/AC mp are in Scorpio, Pluto aspects the MC/AC just like Venus (who rules the MC). Giving Pluto a foot hold in the AC and taking the crown for the MC. Then the AC=Sun/Moon. Scorpio is spinning the web here.

D-Rok

My moon is in the eight house square and contra-parallel to Pluto, and mars itself biquintiles Pluto. My Sun/Moon mp and MC/AC mp are in Scorpio, Pluto aspects the MC/AC just like Venus (who rules the MC). Giving Pluto a foot hold in the AC and taking the crown for the MC. Then the AC=Sun/Moon. Scorpio is spinning the web here.

What does this even mean?

Whoam1

All I'm saying there is Pluto takes over the roll of the widow, not mars. It's chart hericarchy that's all.