What are your experiences with Saturn transiting the 8th house? And would you agree?

So, Saturn has been transiting my 8th house for about a month or less now. I figured something big would happen when it started, but I didn't know what.

The recent lunar eclipse in Gemini at 18 degrees was what initiated the shift. I didn't know that it was an eclipse when I finally wrote a letter to my father about my issues with him, stating that he was never a true dad to me, and how much his attitude has affected my interpersonal relationships. I was on the verge of tears as I wrote it, but once I was finished, I felt lighter, and better. The lunar eclipse fell into my 4th house, opposing my Midheaven and conjuncting my natal Chiron.

Natally, I have a 12th house Sun and Mercury retrograde in Aquarius--as well as a solid Venus in Aries (0d8) square Saturn and Uranus (29 degrees) (So, even natally, I have issues with my dad.)

Anyway, the transit of the 8th house Saturn I've read about has been about coming to terms with your mortality, experiencing a death of someone or some people who could possibly be close to you emotionally; or in general being fascinated with death and dying (this is nothing new, since I have an 8th house Moon in Scorpio). But, I was wondering--if this emotional release I had was necessary for Saturn to teach me what I need to?

The 8th house is pretty secretive, and i would think that Saturn, when it comes to release, needs a constructive channel to work through, and repressing the emotions would cause inner anxiety and frustrations.

I'd think that personally, I've "rejected" my father-figure image, and come to better terms with how I can be more intimate and personal with people. I always thought of my dad as a blockage, and now that I'm removing him, I'm feeling resolved. I'm also changing my last name legally to my mother's maiden name, in this way I feel that I am symbolically becoming more of my own person. I'm 23 years old, and will be 24 soon, if it matters at all.

What are your personal experiences with Saturn transiting 8th house? Was there ever an issue with your father? If not, how did your father act while you were undergoing this transit?

cancergirl77

This isn't a horary question... It's a transit question. I have natal uranus in 8th as well as Pluto i thought I was comfortable w any 8th house situation up until Saturn entered it 2 years ago. No death fingers crossed but I have felt like a part of me is dying i had a "young adult" type of expierence I feel like I'm being forced to grow up. It's a time of paying karmic debts, stripping away all false ideals and it shoves it your face all the things u cant control.. It's hard. I don't have any father expierences he died when I was little... That's Pluto in the 8th for u. Good luck

CapAquaPis

The planet Saturn was in my 3rd house sign of Virgo at birth and made a return for 2 years (late or Nov. 2009-fall 2011): I feel a strong sense of renewal, youthfulness and was able to keep a job as a grocery store clerk I was hired in on (get this): Nov. 2009, right before the decadial change. The Jovial-Jupiterian returns in my Virgo was in 1992-93 and 2004-05.

Saturn was in its ruling planetary sign Aquarius: my Solar-Lunar sign/natal 8th house, will have a powerful, more depressive and emotionally volatile effect on a phase of my life known as early adolescence (from Fall 1993 to early or spring 1996) when Saturn was in this 11th sign: also ruled by the natal 5th house Scorpion Uranus has moved through the last 4 sign range.

Now I want to add when Saturn was in Capricorn my descendant sign of the early 1990s made me a calm preteen, but Saturn in Pisces made my entering adulthood not as traumatic (Mid 1996 to summer 1998?) but it left that sign to enter Aries the 1st sign of the zodiac: when I graduated from high school...and complicated those last two years of the millennia.