Transiting Pluto square Natal Ascendant

07.Re

We Plutonic types have a need to use Pluto constructively

Just as an off side to this discussion......... because I have Pluto-Mars conjunct Ascendant, I sometimes like change for the sake of change, which is obviously not to everyone's 'cuppa tea'. Pluto wants transformation and Mars provides the energy.

So for me, I have to be vigilant that I don't use this energy negatively.

R4VEN

Some excellent points, 07.Re.

I particularly like:

"I'm thinking that perhaps square aspects don't always bring negative energy and that they could well provide us with the necessary momentum to change what needs changing .... whether that means finding a new job, escaping an abusive relationship or even emigrating."

The key in working with Pluto is in recognising just this which you describe above.

A Pluto square to Asc-Desc will bring into the spotlight how powerful/powerless we feel in relation to our relationships and/or our `interface' (hate that word- so phony!!) with the world in which we live. The key to `fixing' this is to work towards bringing back the balance, and in so doing we re-connect with our inner power. What you have described sums this up well.

R4VEN

So for me, I have to be vigilant that I don't use this energy negatively.
Yes, that is very true.

With Sun-Pluto conjunction in my natal I have to watch myself for a tendency towards steam-rolling others. When I get an idea of what has to happen, I tend to want to make it happen yesterday, and yet others who are also involved may want time to think about things. I am learning that timing is also very important, and that a delay will not necessarily destroy the balance of the Universe!!

Catatonia

I wonder if the strength of the domicile lord has anything to do with how we experience/how well we come out of it.

For example, if someone has their Ascendant at 5* Aries and Mars at 8* Libra, that puts Pluto in a tight square to the Ascendant also a square to the Ascendant's ruler, Mars in Libra. However, Mars is in detriment in Libra and doesn't have the resources to beat Pluto away. Does Mars succumb? Is Mars consumed?

Isn't it true that how well a point in the chart reacts to an aspect depends on its ruler?

Catatonia

dreamtimez

This thread has been very enlightening ! I am going through this transit ... Pluto conjoined my IC squaring both Ascendant and Descendant, opposing Midheaven. There have been all kinds of power/powerlessness issues already, in the personal and professional spheres. But I 'feel' powerful and confident now (through still in the middle of the transit) that somehow I'll pull through :smile: Pluto is in my 12th (conjoined my Libra Asc.)

junoisuppose

Like 07.Re I had pluto square my Virgo ascendant a few years ago. My ascendant is 21 degrees Virgo.

I think that the effects 07.Re is describing relate more to the fact that pluto also crossed the IC at that time.

My IC is 19 degrees Sagittarius. A little before it reached this point my parents split up. My mum actually had uranus transiting her descendant at the time and moved out of my father's house. With hindsight I would say that this was also related to my pluto transit.

After this I moved from the UK to Japan to teach English. This was pluto conjuncting the IC and opposing the MC. Part of my motivation for moving was to get away from my parents' control and also to get away from the emotional demands both of them were placing on me, both relying on me as their sole source of emotional support after splitting up.

A few months before leaving the UK I got involved in a relationship with a man who had a child with a very Scorpionic woman. She has the moon in Scorpio. He told me that he had wanted to split up but she had got pregnant in order to make him stay and he was now trying to break away from her but she was using the child as a way of manipulating him to stay. Natally he has venus square pluto and had pluto opposing his sun at the time his child was born. It sounds dreadful to say but I only got involved with him because I had not previously had a relationship due to my religious family (Sagittarius on the 4th?) and had been bullied about it on several different occasions. I suspect that he got involved with me in order to get away from his ex-girlfriend. She found out and although I never met her she threatened to kill me (maybe she didn't mean it literally, or maybe she did, who knows?). Anyway I left to go to Japan on a one year contract and a few months later received a letter from him saying that he wouldn't see me again because his ex-girlfriend was making it too difficult for him to have any other relationships. A few years later pluto was opposite his venus.

Another example of how pluto affected my relationships and my work life at that time was that the company I went to work for provided my accommodation. They also placed restrictions on doing any other work while working for the company so I felt that my whole life was controlled by the company. I also had a boss, who although very motherly, was too intrusively involved in too many aspects of my life because I couldn't speak Japanese so had to rely on her to help me with a lot of things.

One of the things my boss helped me with was going to the hospital and the dentist. On one visit to the dentist they found that I had a lump in the top of my mouth which turned out to be a cancerous tumour in my salivary gland.

The final plutonian thing that happened to me was that I met a man who I became completely obsessed with. Although he was a gemini with the moon in leo he gave off a very scorpionic vibe, but I have never been able to find out his ascendant so I have never found out why he is so scorpio-like. It became very sexualized, partly due to manipulation on his part, and because I was obsessed with him he was able to dominate me and ultimately treat me with contempt. I also scared myself with just how obsessed I got with him. He then married his long-term girlfriend who has the sun conjunct pluto, and I was really angry and wanted to take revenge for the fact that he used me and humiliated me, but fortunately for him we were living far away from each other. At this time pluto was opposite his venus and like the first gemini man he has venus square pluto natally.

The result of these plutonian relationships was that I was forced to examine my behaviour in relationships and learn about what does and does not work to create healthy relationships, along with looking at my tendency to become involved with unavailable people and become involved in power struggles with the other women. Also being diagnosed with cancer lead me to change my lifestyle.

I moved back to the UK when pluto was no longer aspecting the IC but as it is still in my 4th house many changes are continuing to occur in my family, and my family home which was in need of repair was sold and renovated by the new owner.

I hope my experiences can give other people some guidance. Ultimately it was an experience of other people having too much power over me and me (and the other people) using my (our) power to selfishly gain control of others. In my opinion pluto transits are lessons about how to deal with power and how to use power cooperatively rather than selfishly.

Last edited:

Munch

I am currently undergoing this aspect though it is waning and Pluto is now moving into a square with my natal Saturn and Jupiter conjunction now.

Rage then serenity. I don't mean 'in the head', floating on clouds serenity. I mean the bottom of a deep still pool kind. As this aspect is shifting into a new one, I feel like someone is on the shore tossing very small pebbles in and the ripples are beginning to reach me in my deep peace. Its a call to stir and take action. I can tell that change is in the air and its going to be big as after this transit, I move into Pluto conjunct natal Sun. I don't want to move from my deep spot of tranquility but know that I have to soon. Everything is on easy ride mode, so imagine I'll have a monkey wrench in the cogs soon. :tongue:

Oh!, I've also moved quite a bit. I haven't been able to put down proper roots anywhere either. My boyfriend and I live together in a singe room in the BASEMENT of our friend. It's all we can afford at the moment. It used to drive me nuts, but I guess I just got used to it. Incidentally, the bathroom will be getting remodeled this month.

One final thought. I'm much more prone to let the vicious side of my natal Mercury/Pluto square loose on people, but this just started a couple of weeks ago. Or, I began to notice a couple of weeks ago at any rate. Patience for fools is at an all time low, I'm not sure where that's coming from either. Maybe Pluto beginning to warm my sun? Maybe that true Capricorn self is beginning to emerge as all the layers of defense are knocked down. I dunno. It's interesting to experience and observe.

Last edited:

lilly02

Hi,

a friend of mine is currently living Pluto conjoined IC.
She has a capricorne IC, so she is aware of all the responsabilities in the past and she decided to change her life, to give up responsabilities.
Meanwhile Jupiter in her 7th ( moving in the 8th soon), Uranus approching her 7th house cusp, Progressed Moon changing signs in january ( aries) and approaching the 7th house cusp.

A very difficult time in her life, she wanted more independency, she moved. When Jupiter was going forward and touched the eight house cusp for the first time and then went retrograde, she sold the house with her husband and they shared ressources of the marriage.

She found another man and now she is very sorry, she doesn't know what direction her life is taking, she regrets her past décisions. His husband wants to divorce and she tries to make up with him.
Pluto in capricorn conjunction a capricorn IC...not easy.

2xAries

Hi Catatonia, it is an interesting aspect that I am trying to learn more about. I have been reading about this transit since it is coming up for my wife very soon at 10'58 degrees it will be a square to her ASC and at 11'23 it will also form a SQR to her Uranus, which is Conj her ASC. PL will also Conjunct her IC on 12'17
I think this will have also a significant impact in both our lives since PL also will form a SQR to my Natal Sun on 11'46 in Aries. I am a bit worried about the challenge coming up soon... Anyone have this experience?

Munch

It's almost a year later to the week since I left my last post here. I thought that I would follow up.

Much has changed and at the same time, nothing has changed. How very typical of life, right?

I am at my third job in a little over a year's time! I think that finally though, this one is the right fit. I literally, enjoy going to work, the people that I work with and the environment that I work in. Who knew that flinging coffee would end up being the thing that makes me genuinely happy. Or perhaps, it's the freedom to not be overly immersed in projects that mean nothing to me and that are just to tedious in detail.

I am relying on my Libra Rising charm to such a degree that my Capricorn sun wouldn't be 'wrong' for being upset about.

I've even come to be known as Sunshine by some people. Talk about a mind trip!!!!!

I laugh almost everything off, and in my new position in a lead role at work, I am finding myself to not be the super, hypercritical boss that I used to be. I have patience, mirth and joy in spades, but at the same time, I am not putting up with anything that threatens my overall health and happiness.

Since Pluto left it's square to my ascendant, things have gotten a lot easier for me. People are less quick to take offense to me than they used to be for the most part. However, Uranus prefected it's opposition to my ascendant yesterday....again.

Yesterday was terrible on just about every level you could count. Uranus opposite my ascendant and square my MC, IC axis brought an overly critical woman into my place of employment. She decided that she didn't like the service that I was providing, and wanted to speak to my supervisor. When I called him over, the lady's son also came up and started yelling at me and threatening me with bodily harm. (7th house, talk about open enemies!) That ended up without much incidence and zero harm done to my reputation because of the absurdness of it all. Just bizarre.

Yesterday was also my father's birthday. As some of you older board members may know, my father and I don't always share the best of relationships. It hit the rocks again yesterday when I tried to invite my father out of his birthday. He said some things that he prefaced by saying, 'This will probably make you cry.' He ended our conversation with, not thanks and the then click of the dial tone. I didn't get to say a thing.

Oh yeah, and the only guy that I have ever dated and then subsequently loathed also showed up at work yesterday!!!!!

The day ended up with a full on blow out argument with my boyfriend that almost ended our relationship of 3 years.

Yeah, Uranus is kind of a punk. I think almost more so than Pluto, but still Uranus is my favorite. Always. :)

Sorry if this is a bit spacey and winding nowhere. It's late and I closed at work, so I am very, very, very tired.

Good night!

redjill

I'm curious as to what happened with your job and your boyfriend, Munch, almost three years after your last post.
You see, I too am having a tr pluto in the 10th sq asc in Aries becoming exact in a couple of months, and right now I have tr Uranus conjunct asc and opposite my Mars/Saturn conjunction in Libra.
I'm pretty much stuck in my life, and have been since I left college ten years ago. Stuck in a bad, low paying job for eight years, partly because the economy never quite recovered here, partly because I'm an introvert that doesn't interview well. I have a natal Mars/Saturn/Pluto stellum in Libra in the 7th square Venus in Capricorn in the 10th, and people see that very easily in me and judge me as cold and aloof, even though I'm a Pisces with Moon in the 1st in Taurus and I have a lot of empathy and depth of feeling.
My bosses have all been very judgmental and controlling women, which I think had something to do with issues I have with my heavily Leo mother, who is very much the same way. I also happen to live with my parents, which has its ups and downs, but I have little privacy and want to be more independent.
I have a boyfriend, an Aries with a Neptunian bent, who I have been with off and on for eight years. He also lives with his mother and is in a dead end, low paying job. We fight often about money. He's a good man, but often self absorbed. He is five years my junior and has a year and a half before his Saturn return. I had mine around 2012. Nothing big happened.

So I'm wondering how much will change. I want it to, but I don't know what to do. I've botched job interviews I've had so far. I'm thousands of dollars in debt from my college tuition and an old shopping addiction I'm finally dealing with. I want a house and children and a comfortable happy life, but sometimes that looks impossible.

In February I'm meeting an author at a book signing, when tr Pluto makes an exact sq to my asc. I idolize this man, to the point I've fantasized about being his best friend, maybe more. He's flirted with me on social media, but he's an Aquarius Sun and I've learned to take the flirtations of most air sign men with a grain of salt. I'm not really his type looks wise, but part of me does hope. If my boyfriend found out he'd be upset, because he's rather insecure, especially about his looks. I'm wondering if my bf and I will last these transits though. Guess we'll find out.

Munch

Hey there! It's really hard to say ya know? Almost all of my planets fall into the first quarter of my chart so one transit starts, I can expect to feel its effects for years upon years in one shape of form or another. I've decided that in many instances it's way too hard to tell what's actually being triggered and what's residual. Also, I still have Pluto conjunct my sun and now moving into a more exact aspect with natal Mercury by way of conjunction as well. I realize that if I live an average life span, Pluto will have hit all of my natal planets (excepting Saturn/Jupiter conjunction in my first house and possibly Mars in my 5th) as well as my MC/IC and AC/DC axis as well in some form by the time I die. Almost all stressful conjunctions or squares, so I guess you could say that Pluto's energy (in my natal first as well conjunct my POF) is a very present energy in my life.

I will say that the Pluto/Uranus square has kept me in a permanent pressure cooker. I'm starting to feel a bit like a sea creature down in the Marianas Trench living around one of the thermal vents. Not at all equipped for 'normal life' but totally ready for extreme circumstances. The non stop moving is a thing STILL. My (ex now) boyfriend and I moved from the basement room in a house to a basement apartment. I then broke up with him and moved into a first floor apartment with a friend. Thereafter our plumbing went completely **** up. (Thanks Pluto in the fourth conjunct my sun!) We literally went a total of two months without a bathroom. Our light fixtures sprung leaks as well and the basement below us had to be completely gutted and renovated. We were cat sitting at the time as well for a guy who moved to China and was supposedly going to send for his cats after a month...two at the most. Four months later we still had the cats and they lived in my space (which was the living room of our one bedroom apartment) to keep them from shedding all over our clothing in the room. One of them was very nocturnal and woke me up repeatedly at night. Then I got super sick and had to deal with these cats and the repair man that practically was a third roommate in my space every day. (Not fun for a solitary 4th house sun squared by Saturn on the ASC) Then my grandmother passed away and I had no private place in which to retreat. So it was pretty awful for a while there. We eventually moved to a much more expensive place, but its a two bedroom and the cats are gone and our plumbing works, so ya know, I call that winning. :whistling: The man that I've been madly in love with for approaching a decade now (not the ex, but someone I have mentioned before in previous post) came back into my life last January and just exited again this week. (Uranus in the 7th) I'm totally heartbroken, but like I said, I've become more adapted to harsh environments than 'real life.' Will be glad when Uranus and Pluto end their Endless Waltz (For the Gundam fans out there).

Oh yeah, I also switched jobs again. It seems like every time Uranus retrogrades to square Pluto (and my sun) again, I begin to have interpersonal challenges. I also dated another guy for almost a year after I broke up with my boyfriend. It wasn't until after I broke up with him that mutual acquaintances pointed out that he was gay.......which explains a lot, lol.

As I type this all, it hits me why I am perpetually exhausted. I'm giving the cliff notes version of my cliff hanger life story. My desire to curl up in a ball and never be seen again makes sense at the moment.

Last edited:

irinaz

I had pluto Square my ascendant and sun which are both in libra at zero degrees, pluto in Capricorn in 2009. I cancelled my wedding 3 months before the wedding date and I had much anger which turned to a life threatening illness. My anger was against God mainly and some perceived injustices. I survived the illness without treatment 3 times more time than normally a person would. Although, after geting to a hospital, doctors said that if i wont die i would be left with severe impairments, it turned put that i received a miracle and came out of coma talking and walking​. recovery was a trip to hell, or hades let s say (i had a brain illness). Now, according to my neurologist I am clinically perfect. Also I am again in good relationship with God and even beter than before and a completely different person.

Abigailjc4

Everyone who's had this transit please speak up about your experiences. Obviously, a square to ones' ascendant is also a square to their descendant, and either an opposition to the Midheaven as well as a conjunction to the IC (and vice versa).

It would only be fair if you also tell us your Ascending sign and the sign Pluto was in.

Thanks,

Catatonia

Well, this is a few years late, but that's all I seem to find on any threads about astrology so I'll just go for it..
Its January 6, 2019.. I've been basically all in obsessing over learning astrology for I guess a little over a year.

ANYWAYS.. transit Pluto is square my ascendant & 7th House Aries Venus, trine my Virgo Moon 11th House/ 12th house (depending on the system used, I personally connect with both). Conj. Both (my natallt conjunct) Uranus&Neptune, sextile Pluto, opposite MC.

Also transit Mars Opp. Natal Jupiter &
Transit Venus square Natal Saturn...

Sorry for all the Info, but I figured the more the better right?

Anyways, I'm struggling with figuring out house this is all effecting me, but one thing I can say for certain is that, I have never, until now, ever felt as lost/ confused/ uncertain of my direction in life.

I assume it makes a ton of sense astrologically speaking.. I will try to update if I find anything that comes up resonates with the sky's energies