Mystic Rectangle and Envelope?

astrobabes

I am kind of confused how to read this and if I have one. Do ASC and DSC aspects count towards the mystic rectangle and envelope? For example, on a website it states that I have a rectangle with using
Moon at 2 degree scorpio
ASC 0 degree capricorn
DSC 0 degree cancer
Jupiter 25 degree aries
Mercury 0 degree capricorn

then for the envelope or castle;
Moon at 2 degree scorpio
DSC 0 degree capricorn
Mars 27 degree aquarius
Jupiter 25 degree aries
ASC 0 degree capricorn
Mercury 0 degree capricron

do these aspects create those chart patterns or no?

I have applied pictures for better reference

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.01.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.01.32 PM.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.01.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.01.39 PM.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 34

The_Sundance_Kid

I have never heard of a "Castle" but for what it's worth I think this is a question about orbs. Generally the more exact the aspect the stronger it is (in addition to whether the aspect is applying or separating and whether it's in sign or not).

People tend to apply a wider orb to a trine than to sextile. I would include the ASC and DSC into configurations but it looks like that Jupiter - DSC sextile is pretty wide and also out of sign. I wouldn't usually count it as a result.

How sure are you of your birthtime as well - a few minutes either way would change these orbs and could even change your Asc / Dsc signs.

astrobabes

I have never heard of a "Castle" but for what it's worth I think this is a question about orbs. Generally the more exact the aspect the stronger it is (in addition to whether the aspect is applying or separating and whether it's in sign or not).

People tend to apply a wider orb to a trine than to sextile. I would include the ASC and DSC into configurations but it looks like that Jupiter - DSC sextile is pretty wide and also out of sign. I wouldn't usually count it as a result.

How sure are you of your birthtime as well - a few minutes either way would change these orbs and could even change your Asc / Dsc signs.

I have never heard of a castle either! Lol but I think it’s called an Envelope instead. And my birth time is exact :) So then that would mean, I don’t have one right? Ithe website is just wrong?

katydid

I have never heard of a castle either! Lol but I think it’s called an Envelope instead. And my birth time is exact :) So then that would mean, I don’t have one right? Ithe website is just wrong?

I know about Mystic rectangles and envelopes. But I only use planets and/or major asteroids, to form them.

Ascendant/Descendant are angles, and not moving bodies, and so I don't count them in a planetary configuration like a Mystic Rectangle.

If you had planets conjunct the angles, then I would include them in the interpretation.

What you are left with, if you exclude the Desc, and keep in the Asc because Mercury is there too, is A CRADLE.

Cradles are similar to Grand Sextiles. They are very cool to have because they can give one skills and talents that can be networked and assimilated and worked together to help one better themselves. It can represent a self motivated, ambitious and talented seeker.

Usually, we would see the sextiles forming a connected network in Water/Earth
or Fire/Air placements. But your is in late and early degrees, which overlap. So it is a bit more complicated when the elements are overlapping.

Your talent network would be :

Moon in Scorpio sextile Mercury/Asc in Cap.

Scorpio Moon in 10th sextile Mercury conjunct Capricorn Ascendant ---Thinking influenced by Feeling, and depth of perception

An active mind, sympathetic kindness, protective care, thoughtfulness, discretion, integrity. Good judgment. A serious student with great curiosity.

This sextile gives great communication skills. The Moon in Scorpio in the 10th lends a vestige of authority, sacred care is taken when passing advice to others.

The Mercury/Ascendant describes a thoughtful, open persona who wants to help.

But that energy is grounded by the Saturn trine, so there is a wall, in spite of the seemingly friendly, welcoming energy shown to others

Merc/Asc, in Cap sextile Mars/Aquarius

This sextile brings in the ambitious, physicality of Mars, although Aquarius can put a damper on things. Aquarius questions WHY, What for? You may end up second guessing yourself more often that you like.

An out of sign sextile does not always have the same ease and luck that an exact trine might produce. Maybe you choose to do things the hard way? Or you choose to work with difficult students or clients?

Your Mercury and Ascendant in Capricorn are trying to team up with your physical self, and put your plans and goals in motion. Mars in Aquarius does not really mesh that well with mercury in Cap, even though it is a sextile between them.

Capricorn wants to do things in a slow ,steady, orderly fashion. Do things the old school traditional way. Get a prestigious degree or take a mentorship.

But Mars in Aquarius wants it to get done fast and furious---use innovations, group effort, be revolutionary, rebellious if need be. Shortcuts abound.

Somehow you learn to mesh these two sides of your nature to make the progress you need.

Mars in the 2nd is self worth, income and the physical body. Son maybe you focus in health, fitness, healing arts?

Mars in Aquarius =highest universal principles. Putting your efforts towards Community projects, Non-Profit Organisations and Charities might be a motivating factor for you in the future

Mars sextile Jupiter in Aries

Jupiter in the 4th in Aries unites with your Mars energy to create goodwill and home based benefits.

Doi you have supportive family members who have faith in you, believe in you and want to help you in your community efforts?
We can add the Descendant in there, in Cancer, as an extra identifier. Showing that these other sextile create opportunities for you to be a good partner, good coworker, who pulls their own weight and takes relationships/responsibilities seriously.

Last edited:

astrobabes

I know about Mystic rectangles and envelopes. But I only use planets and/or major asteroids, to form them.

Ascendant/Descendant are angles, and not moving bodies, and so I don't count them in a planetary configuration like a Mystic Rectangle.

If you had planets conjunct the angles, then I would include them in the interpretation.

What you are left with, if you exclude the Desc, and keep in the Asc because Mercury is there too, is A CRADLE.

Cradles are similar to Grand Sextiles. They are very cool to have because they can give one skills and talents that can be networked and assimilated and worked together to help one better themselves. It can represent a self motivated, ambitious and talented seeker.

Usually, we would see the sextiles forming a connected network in Water/Earth
or Fire/Air placements. But your is in late and early degrees, which overlap. So it is a bit more complicated when the elements are overlapping.

Your talent network would be :

Moon in Scorpio sextile Mercury/Asc in Cap.

Scorpio Moon in 10th sextile Mercury conjunct Capricorn Ascendant ---Thinking influenced by Feeling, and depth of perception

An active mind, sympathetic kindness, protective care, thoughtfulness, discretion, integrity. Good judgment. A serious student with great curiosity.

This sextile gives great communication skills. The Moon in Scorpio in the 10th lends a vestige of authority, sacred care is taken when passing advice to others.

The Mercury/Ascendant describes a thoughtful, open persona who wants to help.

But that energy is grounded by the Saturn trine, so there is a wall, in spite of the seemingly friendly, welcoming energy shown to others

Merc/Asc, in Cap sextile Mars/Aquarius

This sextile brings in the ambitious, physicality of Mars, although Aquarius can put a damper on things. Aquarius questions WHY, What for? You may end up second guessing yourself more often that you like.

An out of sign sextile does not always have the same ease and luck that an exact trine might produce. Maybe you choose to do things the hard way? Or you choose to work with difficult students or clients?

Your Mercury and Ascendant in Capricorn are trying to team up with your physical self, and put your plans and goals in motion. Mars in Aquarius does not really mesh that well with mercury in Cap, even though it is a sextile between them.

Capricorn wants to do things in a slow ,steady, orderly fashion. Do things the old school traditional way. Get a prestigious degree or take a mentorship.

But Mars in Aquarius wants it to get done fast and furious---use innovations, group effort, be revolutionary, rebellious if need be. Shortcuts abound.

Somehow you learn to mesh these two sides of your nature to make the progress you need.

Mars in the 2nd is self worth, income and the physical body. Son maybe you focus in health, fitness, healing arts?

Mars in Aquarius =highest universal principles. Putting your efforts towards Community projects, Non-Profit Organisations and Charities might be a motivating factor for you in the future

Mars sextile Jupiter in Aries

Jupiter in the 4th in Aries unites with your Mars energy to create goodwill and home based benefits.

Doi you have supportive family members who have faith in you, believe in you and want to help you in your community efforts?
We can add the Descendant in there, in Cancer, as an extra identifier. Showing that these other sextile create opportunities for you to be a good partner, good coworker, who pulls their own weight and takes relationships/responsibilities seriously.

Wow! Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking your time to explain this to me. I will take this into account for possible jobs/career. Thank you again :)

The_Sundance_Kid

I guess the website just uses an orb for a sextile that is wider than what I would use.