Anyone have experience with transiting Pluto conjunct natal Neptune?

saturnsayshi

I'm having this now: transiting Pluto conjunct my natal Neptune in the 1st house. I read a little about it and it didn't sound too fun -- something about the "death of hope" and so forth. Truth be told, I'm not exactly having a ball in my day-to-day life, but I'm definitely embracing the "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger," attitude. :D I also read that this aspect can last from 1-2 YEARS. Ugh.

Anyone have personal experiences to share about this?

Attachments

• saturnsayshi_transits_january2012.jpg
    saturnsayshi_transits_january2012.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 31

Ben

Banned
This was a good transit for me, saturnsayshi - involving 3 (fwd/Rx*/fwd) crossings of Pluto over my natal Neptune (within an orb of 1 degree) in 1999, and a further 2 (Rx/fwd) in 2000 - [covering a total time span of some 20 months].

I have natal Neptune in Sagittarius/1st and natal Pluto in Libra/10th - So, the transit affected my self-image (1st) + career (10th), and broadened my outlook (Sagittarius) through relationships with others (Libra).

It resulted in a successful career-move to a larger Company, relocation to another City in the UK, and contact with many new people in both the UK and USA - one of whom turned out to be my future wife.

[NOTE* : The Sabian Symbol for the zodiac degree at which a retrograde planet opposes transitting Sun provides a clue about the evolutionary purpose of the next cycle of that planet around the Sun.

During it's 1999 retrograde movement, Tpluto opposed Tsun at Sagittarius 10 - for which the Sabian Symbol is A golden haired goddess of opportunity and the Keyword is REWARD - and it certainly proved to be a rewarding opportunity for me personally.]

Ben

Last edited:

saturnsayshi

This was a good transit for me, saturnsayshi - involving 3 (fwd/Rx*/fwd) crossings of Pluto over my natal Neptune (within an orb of 1 degree) in 1999, and a further 2 (Rx/fwd) in 2000 - [covering a total time span of some 20 months].

I have natal Neptune in Sagittarius/1st and natal Pluto in Libra/10th - So, the transit affected my self-image (1st) + career (10th), and broadened my outlook (Sagittarius) through relationships with others (Libra).

It resulted in a successful career-move to a larger Company, relocation to another City in the UK, and contact with many new people in both the UK and USA - one of whom turned out to be my future wife.

[NOTE* : The Sabian Symbol for the zodiac degree at which a retrograde planet opposes transitting Sun provides a clue about the evolutionary purpose of the next cycle of that planet around the Sun.

During it's 1999 retrograde movement, Tpluto opposed Tsun at Sagittarius 10 - for which the Sabian Symbol is A golden haired goddess of opportunity and the Keyword is REWARD - and it certainly proved to be a rewarding opportunity for me personally.]

Ben

That's great to know Ben! I figured all the doom and gloom I was reading was a bit excessive (and definitely not a productive way to think about any transit). I've never really looked at Sabian Symbols for anything other than the degrees of the planets in a birth chart, but that's a fun idea I should definitely check out. :D

I also have natal Neptune in Saggo in the 1st, but natal Pluto in Scorpio in the 11th (and now I have an idea about our age gap, lol!). So my self-image and friends/groups/social settings are affected, and in this case the broadening of outlook is happening through good ol' Scorpio clearing out what's dead (and perhaps transforming or rebirthing what's not...).

Thanks again, Ben. I haven't been studying astrology long enough to keep track of what's going on in my life during specific transits, but maybe this is a good time to start.

miquar

Hi saturnsayshi. Transiting Pluto was conjunct my Neptune in 1996 and 1997. At the same time T Uranus was sextile and T Saturn was trine Neptune. Just after the first passage of T Pluto across Neptune, my partner of the time became pregnant. My natal Neptune is in the 5th house. I remember being extremely idealistic about how I wanted my daughter to be raised and I became very controlling due to a great deal of anxiety that her upbringing might not be perfect according to my ideals of what kind of education and general approach to parenting would be best for her (I also have Moon in Scorpio in the 5th). I think the close natal conjunction between Jupiter and Neptune reflects the evangelical approach that I assumed. As T Pluto approached its 2nd conjunction, I was becoming increasingly protective and possessive of her although she hadn't even been born. The 3rd passage was a two or three month exact station, during which I went on a camping holiday with my partner's family. Its very embarrassing looking back. I just couldn't see beyond these ideals (Neptune) that felt so important because of my paranoia of what could go wrong in my daughter's upbringing and in my relationship with her. Things became understandably very tense between myself and my partner, and in the Autumn, with T Pluto still exactly conjunct Neptune we split up. It took me a considerable amount of time to let go of my ideals around parenting because I was so desperate not to repeat my own upbringing. I feel like the meaning of this transit escaped me at the time, but in retrospect I can see that the universe was trying to purge me of my unrealistic and destructive idealism. Unfortunately I didn't have the trust in life or the insight into my behaviour to let go of it at the time.

At the same time T Neptune was opposite my Cancer Ascendant, which of course also suggests that the Cancerian possessiveness I was experiencing was slipping through my fingers so that I could see things, feel things, from a more universal persepective. During these transits I changed my surname to that of my partner just after the birth so that I would have the same surname as my daughter - perhaps another reflection of the need to lose myself in my relationship with my daughter as Neptune was so active natally and by transit.

Its interesting to come across this post today. My relationship with my now 14 year old daughter has been through several twists and turns and I was thinking just yesterday that I should sit down and go through all the synastry and transits and composite and all the rest of it to try to make more sense of it all.

Ion

I'm having this now: transiting Pluto conjunct my natal Neptune in the 1st house. I read a little about it and it didn't sound too fun -- something about the "death of hope" and so forth. Truth be told, I'm not exactly having a ball in my day-to-day life, but I'm definitely embracing the "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger," attitude. :D I also read that this aspect can last from 1-2 YEARS. Ugh.

Transiting Pluto is all about 'regeneration' .
Transiting Pluto conjunct natal Neptune in the 1st house is (my opinion) about either the dismantling or empowerment of 'the self' .
The result depends upon how Neptune is operating in your chart and in your psyche . If you are 'deceptive' or 'deceived' (Neptune shadow) then Pluto will demolish the deceptive energetic . . . on the other hand , Neptune in the 1st house can be the context for a great actress , an artist .... one who can project a powerful mesmerizing 'illusion' . . . . in which case Pluto will add great power to your skills .

My suggestion is to observe a lunar transit over (conjunct) the
configuration (Pluto-Neptune) and 'see' how the Pluto/Neptune matter is affected . . . . this will provide the best insight ! . . . . one Moon transit through your 1st house and over the Pluto/Neptune configuration .

Best Regards ,
Ion

fullmoonlibra

I have Pluto T conjunct Neptune/Mars in fifth.
Focal point twice! --> small talent triangle and T square
So Pluto is doing a lot to me!
If Pluto changed my life being in fifth (and still is), I can't imagine what it will do to you in your first house....
....to a stellium of outer planets!
Big changes, I suppose.
You are more powerful now.. Or obsessed with being powerful :innocent::innocent:

saturnsayshi

Hi saturnsayshi. Transiting Pluto was conjunct my Neptune in 1996 and 1997. At the same time T Uranus was sextile and T Saturn was trine Neptune. Just after the first passage of T Pluto across Neptune, my partner of the time became pregnant. My natal Neptune is in the 5th house. I remember being extremely idealistic about how I wanted my daughter to be raised and I became very controlling due to a great deal of anxiety that her upbringing might not be perfect according to my ideals of what kind of education and general approach to parenting would be best for her (I also have Moon in Scorpio in the 5th). I think the close natal conjunction between Jupiter and Neptune reflects the evangelical approach that I assumed. As T Pluto approached its 2nd conjunction, I was becoming increasingly protective and possessive of her although she hadn't even been born. The 3rd passage was a two or three month exact station, during which I went on a camping holiday with my partner's family. Its very embarrassing looking back. I just couldn't see beyond these ideals (Neptune) that felt so important because of my paranoia of what could go wrong in my daughter's upbringing and in my relationship with her. Things became understandably very tense between myself and my partner, and in the Autumn, with T Pluto still exactly conjunct Neptune we split up. It took me a considerable amount of time to let go of my ideals around parenting because I was so desperate not to repeat my own upbringing. I feel like the meaning of this transit escaped me at the time, but in retrospect I can see that the universe was trying to purge me of my unrealistic and destructive idealism. Unfortunately I didn't have the trust in life or the insight into my behaviour to let go of it at the time.

At the same time T Neptune was opposite my Cancer Ascendant, which of course also suggests that the Cancerian possessiveness I was experiencing was slipping through my fingers so that I could see things, feel things, from a more universal persepective. During these transits I changed my surname to that of my partner just after the birth so that I would have the same surname as my daughter - perhaps another reflection of the need to lose myself in my relationship with my daughter as Neptune was so active natally and by transit.

Its interesting to come across this post today. My relationship with my now 14 year old daughter has been through several twists and turns and I was thinking just yesterday that I should sit down and go through all the synastry and transits and composite and all the rest of it to try to make more sense of it all.

For a lovey-dovey artsy-fartsy planet that can be a beautiful and almost surreal influence, Neptune gone haywire can really create a lot of **** in our lives, can't it? It sounds like you had your Neptunian ideals/illusions very inflamed and then torn away from you. Looking back, when T Pluto started to close in on my natal Neptune at the end of 2010 I became engaged. Shortly thereafter I had T Pluto and T Mars hovering around my natal Neptune, and T Sun hovering over my natal Saturn. The engagement broke off on horrible terms and neither of us has really recovered.

Thank you, miquar, I'd love to read more if you get a chance to look into the synastry/transits, etc.

Transiting Pluto is all about 'regeneration' .
Transiting Pluto conjunct natal Neptune in the 1st house is (my opinion) about either the dismantling or empowerment of 'the self' .
The result depends upon how Neptune is operating in your chart and in your psyche . If you are 'deceptive' or 'deceived' (Neptune shadow) then Pluto will demolish the deceptive energetic . . . on the other hand , Neptune in the 1st house can be the context for a great actress , an artist .... one who can project a powerful mesmerizing 'illusion' . . . . in which case Pluto will add great power to your skills .

My suggestion is to observe a lunar transit over (conjunct) the
configuration (Pluto-Neptune) and 'see' how the Pluto/Neptune matter is affected . . . . this will provide the best insight ! . . . . one Moon transit through your 1st house and over the Pluto/Neptune configuration .

Best Regards ,
Ion

This is a wonderful interpretation, thank you. I think for the first time since I was quite young, I'm embracing my creative personality as a part of my daily life. I've found that when I cease to have some kind of creative output (be it web design, drawing, photography or even computer programming), my entire person suffers. Certain health issues have gotten worse and I'm mostly relegated to working from home... but I simultaneously realized I don't really want a high-powered corporate job anyway (been there, done that, ran a financial advisory business before I turned 20, it sucked). I think my natal 11th house Pluto is definitely playing a role here, because I feel like I've also become a sort of archetypal hermit on accident -- I don't want anything to do with institutions (schools, corporations, political parties or groups of any kind), and yet people come to me constantly for advice and help because I'm able to see issues differently than other people can. I'm not literally sequestered all the time, but I've strangely become someone who is entirely content to have no place in society at all...

And great advice: I will definitely follow the next moon transit through my 1st house and see what's up! :D

saturnsayshi

I have Pluto T conjunct Neptune/Mars in fifth.
Focal point twice! --> small talent triangle and T square
So Pluto is doing a lot to me!
If Pluto changed my life being in fifth (and still is), I can't imagine what it will do to you in your first house....
....to a stellium of outer planets!
Big changes, I suppose.
You are more powerful now.. Or obsessed with being powerful :innocent::innocent:

LOL! You snuck in a response while I was being spacey and pondering how to reply to Ion and miquar.

Big changes = Understatement! Hahaha! My entire life and everything in it has basically been turned over like mulch. And powerful? Um, kinda guilty... but it wasn't a conscious choice. Maybe I'm just growing into being a bossypants Capricorn. :devil: I'm pretty sure that going through all the **** I've been through either kills you or makes you a beast. Rawr!