Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 12-07-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadchick View Post
Saturn fascinates me. I have mine in Cancer in House 1 conjunct my Sun. Saturn has taught me a LOOOOOTTTT of hard lessons. I'm 45 and am in my Saturn opposition (at 14 my Saturn opp was me moving out of my country) and currently my Saturn opp is my mom dying and me not knowing she had passed until my father sent me a really mean/nasty 7 page letter telling me I wasn't liked and I didn't deserve to say my goodbyes.
Saturn really forces you to work, if you don't do the work, he'll do it for you. And when he does the work for you, it's not pretty. But if you work hard, Saturn rewards you tremendously.
Saturn is Cancer is a hard placement. I know several people who have it and it's hard as heck. Life for us isn't easy especially when it involves all things Cancerian.

Interesting thread

M.
What an awful thing to happen to you.

Unread 12-08-2020, 11:57 AM

Re: Understanding Saturn

Quote:
Saturn fascinates me. I have mine in Cancer in House 1 conjunct my Sun. Saturn has taught me a LOOOOOTTTT of hard lessons. I'm 45 and am in my Saturn opposition (at 14 my Saturn opp was me moving out of my country) and currently my Saturn opp is my mom dying and me not knowing she had passed until my father sent me a really mean/nasty 7 page letter telling me I wasn't liked and I didn't deserve to say my goodbyes.
Saturn really forces you to work, if you don't do the work, he'll do it for you. And when he does the work for you, it's not pretty. But if you work hard, Saturn rewards you tremendously.
Saturn is Cancer is a hard placement. I know several people who have it and it's hard as heck. Life for us isn't easy especially when it involves all things Cancerian.

Interesting thread

M.
That is really an awful thing but it seems to be kind of common having nasty experiences with Saturn in first house. Not trying to put you down but I'm really tired of seeing things like Saturn rewards you later in life a lot, for all the work you did in first 30-35 years of life. I really want to put a poll on this forum and ask people with specific Saturn placements to share their experiences especially what kind of rewards they got. Marsilio Ficino must be the first person who started painting a rosy picture of Saturn (rosy enough for that period) but he said people with strong Saturn (if I remember correctly he had Saturn in first house) get blessed by Saturn meaning their out look on life changes and they get philosophical. He nowhere mentioned at least not that I know that he gives great gifts. I think people are setting up themselves for perpetual disappointment with these made up things about Saturn which are nowhere true in my experience not anyone I have seen.

New age people have made it worse for the entire astrological audiences.
Atum replied I will build the Zodiac, a secret mechanism in the stars linked to unerring and inevitable fate. The lives of men, from birth to final destruction, shall be controlled by the hidden workings of this mechanism.
Unread 01-29-2021, 04:09 AM

Post Re: Understanding Saturn

Traits associated with Saturn in astrology:
1. Wisdom like sciences, mathematics and planning the future.
2. Work and Labor.
3. Elderly or aging, getting older.
4. Relationships with parents, esp. fathers.
5. Fatalism and the end of things.
6. Tradition and conservative side of opinion and politics.
7. Preservation and conservation.
8. Authoritarianism or totalitarianism.
9. The cold and snow of winter (Dec 21-Jan 19 for the northern hemisphere).
and 10. Ruler of the sign Capricorn with its qualities given to the 10th sun sign.
Unread 01-29-2021, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinstars View Post
That is really an awful thing but it seems to be kind of common having nasty experiences with Saturn in first house. Not trying to put you down but I'm really tired of seeing things like Saturn rewards you later in life a lot, for all the work you did in first 30-35 years of life. I really want to put a poll on this forum and ask people with specific Saturn placements to share their experiences especially what kind of rewards they got. Marsilio Ficino must be the first person who started painting a rosy picture of Saturn (rosy enough for that period) but he said people with strong Saturn (if I remember correctly he had Saturn in first house) get blessed by Saturn meaning their out look on life changes and they get philosophical. He nowhere mentioned at least not that I know that he gives great gifts. I think people are setting up themselves for perpetual disappointment with these made up things about Saturn which are nowhere true in my experience not anyone I have seen.

Theories of Saturn is the origin of the enemy of Judeo-Christian religion, Satan. And Saturn was the traditional astrological planet of death before the discovery of Pluto which acquires the designation. Anyone who knows, studies and cares about astrology will disagree with new agers on what does Saturn represent.
Unread 01-29-2021, 09:23 AM

Smile Re: Understanding Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinstars View Post

Facino had 1st House Saturn in Aquarius.

I strongly contend (as a Modernistic astrologer), that Saturn is extremely different in Aqua than in Cap, and that it is NOT Domicled in Aquarius.

So, his more benign view of Saturn was due to its placement in his own Chart. [IMO]
Unread 01-29-2021, 09:30 AM

Smile Re: Understanding Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
Theories of Saturn is the origin of the enemy of Judeo-Christian religion, Satan. And Saturn was the traditional astrological planet of death before the discovery of Pluto which acquires the designation. Anyone who knows, studies and cares about astrology will disagree with new agers on what does Saturn represent.

All the more reason to recognize Uran as the one true Domicile-ruler of Aquarius, without forcing Saturn into the role of "co-Ruler".

The upcoming Age of Aquarius will NOT be ruled by Saturn.[IMO]
Unread 01-29-2021, 07:21 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:

Interesting thread

M.
We're the same age. One of my really good friends--also our age--has that Cancer first house placement of Saturn, and she never got along with her father. My father, on the other hand, has always been a very gentle, loving sort, and a very involved parent. Quite a different relationship. But, he made a conscious choice to be a very involved parent after having a not so involved father himself, and his father died right when Dad was becoming an adult and they were starting to form more of a relationship. My dad wanted his children to have better memories of him than that. Which we will.

My parents are both from the previous Saturn in Cancer generation, so I think there's a story to tell on family history in all of our charts. The underlying theme that I see, based on the stories I know, is difficulty. It hasn't shown up as parental abuse, but each generation has had some significant emotional struggles.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 01-29-2021, 07:22 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

And, fittingly enough, I note that this thread got revived during my Saturn opposition!

No such thing as coincidence in astrology.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 08-18-2021, 03:50 AM

What do you get when Saturn conjuncts Jupiter and or Mars like in my case? They are the naked eye planets not always close to the sun. Mars is an inner planet with similarities with Venus and Mercury, but similar to outers Saturn and Jupiter.
Unread 08-18-2021, 05:02 AM

There is a Saturn square Uranus in 2021 adding to the tumultuous year 2020 and now through this decade. The first exact square between Saturn and Uranus took place on Feb. 15-16, and the last exact one will be on Dec. 24-25. On my birthday (Feb 15th) and Christmas day (25th), what a year this will be.
Unread 09-12-2021, 04:24 PM

The period of Saturn (retrograde in Aquarius) trine Venus (direct in Libra) in Aug and Sep 2021: this weeekend, the US government via president Biden signed executive orders to require mask wearing in workplaces, a vaccine mandate for companies with over 100 employees and federal contractors alike, and anyone unvaccinated have to be weekly tested for COVID in order to have employment. Already there's a mask mandate for public transportation and government offices, plus they want to require vaccines for essential workers like transportation drivers and medical staffers, and federal or all government employees. And finally, Saturn in retrograde is unusual yet restrictive and same with Venus in direct but trine Saturn, Aquarius is Saturn's traditional ruler and Libra is Venus' second ruler (along with Taurus), the times when people are inclined to abide or adhere to a stricter code of conduct, esp in a pandemic (18 months later, now an endemic) when people's health and lives are at stake.
Unread 09-24-2021, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
There is a Saturn square Uranus in 2021 adding to the tumultuous year 2020 and now through this decade. The first exact square between Saturn and Uranus took place on Feb. 15-16, and the last exact one will be on Dec. 24-25. On my birthday (Feb 15th) and Christmas day (25th), what a year this will be.
I went through about three cell phones during this period. No kidding... I'll just wait until the end of this Saturn Square Uranus to buy a new phone.

But, back to the topic. I don't think anyone can understand SATURN. That's the point right. Saturn is mysterious, it rules magic and hidden things.
I don't have Saturn in cancer, but I do have it in the fourth house. And I can tell you that it's not easy.

Last edited by Eric traveller; 09-25-2021 at 02:59 AM.
Unread 09-27-2021, 03:41 AM

In my subjective opinion, Saturn is our burden we carry for this particular lifetime! For example, I have Saturn in Capricorn, my parents are really toxic and nasty people!

It's my 'limitation' I chose for this lifetime! It's kind of the burden you carry, the price you pay for existing in this current lifetime!

Tags
saturn, understanding