DEATH. 8th house in cancer??

starlink

OK boys and girls, lets have another look at that 8th house.

First of all we have to take in account two ways of interpreting any house in our chart. Mundane and psychologically.
Personally I look at the psychological side most because the mundane interpretation, like dying ,is something you really cannot foretel by the 8th house alone. My quote above, which says ruler of 8 in 12 means you could die in a hospital is extremely general and really cannot possibly apply to everybody. I read it somewhere, but am not really happy with that. It might happen (most of us die in hospital I think in the end) but it can also happen at home. To only look at it that way is very unprofessional astrology and "the easy way out" as it were.

The 8th house is a complex house. Actually, it is the most difficult house to interprete. It is one of the 3 psychic houses (4, 8, 12)and all relate to the water element (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces).

Some keywords for mundane interpretation are: Tax payments, inheritance (it is the money of others opposed to the 2nd house which shows our own money and income) banking, investments. It shows the financial situation of the partner, either in business or in marriage, because it is the 2nd of the 7th house. It shows surgery, butchers, detectives, researchers,psychiatrists, everything related to the occult , life and death.
Some keywords for psychological interpretation:
In the 8th house we find the fights we have with our inner demons, how we deal with our complexes, fears and everything we hide from ourselves, our deeply hidden talents. Needless to say that this can lead to crisis in our lives.
It is the house which shows if we are able to let go of what is not good for us or what has become useless. Here we can turn every stone till we find the truth, either within ourselves or from others.

You start by looking at the ruler of your 8th house. GeminiSagRising, you mentioned that Leo is in your 8th house. Yes, but Leo does not rule the 8th house as main ruler. Leo is intercepted in this house. Your 8th house is ruled by the Moon in your 1st house trine Jupiter, ruler of your 1st house. Now you said that you always thought that you would die because of suicide. In your case, ruler 8 (death) in the 1st, by yourself(1) and trine the ruler of yourself (Jupiter) could show maybe that this would probably be easy for you to do.
Personally I would say that there could be periods in your life, say when that Moon is receiving a difficult aspect from Saturn or Uranus, which make you think "I would like to die now", but thinking it and doing it are two different things altogether and Jupiter usually keeps optimism a chance, so I dont think you would really ever do it. If ever you should try to do it, than it is purely to ask for attention, not because you really want to die. This is most often the case in suicides.

Now the Sun co-rules your 8th house so you also have to look at his placement and aspects in your 6th house. This placement often shows someone who escapes his or her own complexes and neuroses by working, in fact, fleeing into work in order not to have to think about all that stuff inside you, no matter how much it bothers you.

Can you see now how superficial it would sound when you say: maybe I die in the workplace, or from overwork?

Planets in the 8th house do put an emphasis on 8th house matters. Always see which other house these planets rule in your chart. Ruler of the 3rd is in the 8th? OK, your mind is very occupied with 8th house matters, or you would like to express yourself, either by speaking or writing, through 8th house matters. Maybe writing about sex, maybe giving a lecture about science or psychology. Your thought are kept busy with "what is happening behind the exterior of things or below the surface (of yourself), in other words you could think a lot about your own problems and would like to go deeper into understanding them. How easy this is for you depends then on the aspects that planet makes.
People usually dont just all of a sudden want to know the "why" until something happens to them. The 8th house, when transited by personal planets but also by heavy slow moving ones, often bring occurences into our lives which force us to look at ourselves, our motives, our actions etc.
You see this with progressed Moon especially and more so when Moon is ruling this house.

Each planet in that 8th house comes from another house ruled by that planet, which needs somehow clarification or looking deeper into.

Must go now, will be back later.

starlink

Here I am again. What else can we say about the 8th house?

That we always approach things with intensity. So if you have the 8th house ruler in your 5th like Siamese Dreams has (by the way both traditionals ruler Saturn and modern ruler Uranus are conjunct there, so this does indicate an intense interest in the 5th house or bringing 8th house things into the 5th, like becoming a hobby (archeology, deepsea diving or any other hobby which can help you to discover the hidden (like Tarot and the likes).
Sometimes people take dangerous, life threatening behavior into the house of pleasures, like maybe bungy jumping, stuntman activities or a very dangerous sport/hobby like mountain climbing, car-boat racing, where you could easily get killed , when you are not careful. There could be a subconscious deathwish in those activities. Fire walking in order to overcome fears within yourself. Often these sort of activities forces one to look at oneself, test one's own braveness, looking death in the face, testing oneself.
People with ruler 8 in 5 often test life (5th house, Leo, the Sun = life force).

Often in the 8th house we are confronted with crisis. Especially trauma's from childhood can find their way into consciousness when the 8th house is transited, more so when planets in there are being aspected by conjunction or square (from the 6th or 10th house) or oppositions (from the 2nd house, dealing with our finances and self-worth). 8t house transits can be very painful but also insightful. We could come out re-born in a way, cleansed of trauma's which we now understand better, anger we have come to terms with, people we manage to let go because they hurt us or have hurt us. All those things belong to the 8th house.

Similar feelings can happen when Pluto transits any of the angles., the Sun, and the Moon in particular. We go through some sort of self-transformation, necessary to grow psychologically and be able to come forewards in life.

poshslob

Mr stellium said:
What are the Sun's aspects? With the Sun in Leo in the 8th, you should take care of your heart by regular excercise and healthy eating.

Sun conjunct Merc
Sun trine Neptune
Sun sextile Pluto
Sun Quintile Moon
Sun Bi-Novile Uranus

woolgatherer

Tora said:
A quick death it is for me as I have Uranus in 8th opposed by 8th ruler, 11th house ruler in 8th (untimely death).

I don't like the sounds of this too much... I have the same thing, except for the opposition. Uranus in the 8th with Sag on the 8th and 9th cusps, and Jupiter in the 11th in Aquarius. So Uranus and Jupiter are in mutual reception (and sextile each other). Jupiter is also the apex of my t-square with the Moon and Saturn.

What does this mean for me? The 8th and 11th are strongly connected somehow? I think I've read that with Sag on the 8th I could die in a foreign country, but that's probably a bit too simplistic. I could see myself living in a foreign country at the end of my life though.

Why does the ruler of the 11th in the 8th mean an untimely death?

BobZemco

GeminiSagRising said:
Death by fire or mauling by animal? or am I taking it too literally? I always thought I'd mostly die by OD or suicide.

You're taking it too literally.

Every house has a sign and at least one ruler, which is somewhere out there and maybe it doesn or doesn't make aspects.

GeminiSagRising said:
Neptune, Uranus, and Saturn are all in his eighth house... Saturn in eighth house seems bad... and the Uranus and Saturn, would that mean that perhaps it would be conflict perhaps involving law in an adventurous business? because that makes sense.

Saturn in the 8th House is generally good. He will probably out-live you, unless Saturn is badly aspected.

Badly aspected does not necessarily mean squares and oppositions.

GeminiSagRising said:
And my boyfriend's brother's eighth is in Aquarius... so drowing? He has Venus in it as well. I would think with him it would be a car accident because he likes to race and has already smashed up a few vehicles.

The 4th House is more indicative of the manner of death than the 8th since the 4th House is a House of Endings for the physical body. If you're using Lilly for houses, signs and planets etc, never forget that Lilly was Christian and changed things to avoid the wrath of the church. Remember when Lilly lived you could be tortured and executed for saying things like the Earth revolves around the Sun or the Sun is the center of the solar system not the Earth. So, take what Lilly says with a grain of salt, especially for matters relating to the occult and death.

Last edited by a moderator:

Niflhel

Since this part of astrology is probably not my expertise, whether going by 4th house or 8th house, or how bout just both, you get all the possibilities, what are all my possible deaths? (chart is in sig)

But I have a feeling I won't die, I'm IMMORTAL! *computer malfunctions and electrocutes Niflhel to death*

Niflhel

in 3 maybe by a bus running you over
That worries me a bit. Going by the 8th house instead of 4th like Zemco said, Gemini is. I had a dream a while back that I was driving in a white car. I'm at some crossroads on a busy district and start to head across. Right before waking up, I get hit by a semi-truck from the left side. I've been afraid to drive ever since. I don't look forward to getting my license. Of course I could be interpreting this wrong.

nejispirit

To be polite to one of the moderator's here (;)), I'd like to thank you for speaking of a ruler of one house being somewhere else for I tend to forget about that concept and it's influence :D.

etoilestar

I too have 8th house in cancer, an empty house, its ruler moon is in the 4th in aries and is unaspected... mercury is also in 4th but well out of orb..

what else can i look at??

I'm not sure how I'll die, just that I will...

RockFish

Interesting subject!

I have 8th in Leo - heart attack

Ruled by Sun in 1st capricorn - heart attack provoked by some bone clogging or cutting an artery :rolleyes:

Sun is conjunct Mars in the 1st - the bone will be broken in an accident provoked by myself, and then it will cut through the artery and there you have the heart attack.

Sun and Mars opposed Jupiter in Leo in 7th - in the end it is all my husband's fault, of course.:D

dub.tribe

This thread is becoming very amusing. My 8th is in Pisces and I really don't understand why anybody would want to think about death :34:Death is freaking me out! :eek:

Niflhel

dub.tribe said:
This thread is becoming very amusing. My 8th is in Pisces and I really don't understand why anybody would want to think about death :34:Death is freaking me out! :eek:
Yes we do freak people out sometimes as we Scorpio Rising are death in the flesh. (thats a joke)

After reading about the houses and planets, I'm going to guess your death be drowning. At least your not hit by a semi.

Polo

I've had many dreams of dying, mostly in car accidents. Looking at my chart, it looks like my life will end in some freak accident.

WorldSpice

ooooh macabre
hahaha
well my 8th house is ruled by pisces and i would look to the two rulers
traditional jupiter, jupiter is in my tenth house and conjunct my mc
now what kind of death would that be a public one
and then there is the modern ruler of neptune which is in my fourth house conjuncting my venus and my venus conjuncting my i.c... weird

so is it possible that both could happen in some way
or i mean either one

either a public death because i might be involved in something controversial ???
so someone assasinates me on the podium hahahhaa (illusions of grandeur!!!)
or drown in my bathub or by my own if i do end up living by the sea like i would like to or by narcotics.....

na its not an illness
but because neptune is the planet of illusions so to speak and would i die like a rock star in my house

i am pursuing music now and sing and write and ectera i am a performer
oh boy weird i never ever thought about it interesting

i just want to do die peacefully really quietly and no recog or at least gently go on to the next realm or next incarnation or wherever we souls goooooo

WorldSpice

oh i just remembered something very interesting
when i was three i think
i almost died and guess what it was from ????

i had found a bottle bayers baby asprins and since they tasted yummy (orange flavour) I guess....??? I ate all the pills in the whole bottle.....Oh this is a terrible story. Anyway, my mom thought I was being awfully quiet. I am not too sure about the details of that. I guess when my mother found me. She must have found the empty bottle and I must or could have been falling asleep or I am not sure the details around that particular thing are very fuzzy, but I guess I must have been near passing out stage and my mom would have freaked out remembering how she used to react whenever I got myself into any kind of trouble, like falling out of trees or hitting my head or getting my lip split while diving and hitting someones head in a pool once. She rushed me over to the hospital and saved my life (despite her alcoholism/yes it runs in our family especially on her side as all my uncles and aunts or her siblings were alcoholics).
This is really hitting me cause when I think of it. My mother saved my life.
Of course we all expect our parents to do what needs to be done and love us.
But my folks are different and I have had a very unsual childhood.
So, I remember, sitting on the stretcher in one of the hospital rooms and in those days, they had this contraption to pump out your stomach and I remember swearing (foul words) in English and French while they tried to put this thing. I was not a bad kid but I was adhd and I guess I still am and I was wild.
I remember the next day in the hospital talking to a little girl in the lounge of the childrens ward, she wanted a book that was too high for her to get to. I said I would get it for her and I climbed the book case (ya I still love to climb trees and I still can at the age of 43!!!) and got her the book. She was so happy.

Wow. I forgot about that incident but then that makes the theory of death you are all looking at make some sense. Wowowoowowoow

Sorry wow

I have heard from my teacher that Transiting Pluto on Mars/Saturn midpoint can suggest death.

Also when transiting Pluto conj my MC my father died and when T Pluto conj my mother's sun same time. I feel next year when T Pluto crosses her Asc is when her physical body may pass away. ....

for the timing of events on the outer weight planets, remember its the retrograde hit usually....

starlink

for the timing of events on the outer weight planets, remember its the retrograde hit usually....
I will remember:)

Nejispirit, I guess you were mentioning me here? I did not see other moderators around.
To be polite to one of the moderator's here (;)), I'd like to thank you for speaking of a ruler of one house being somewhere else for I tend to forget about that concept and it's influence :D.
Thank you!! It is indeed always very important to see what the ruler of a house is doing in the chart. What sign is he in, is he strong or weak in that sign, which aspects does he make, all that will give information on that house, in this case the (in)famous 8th house:)

Starlink.

Vista

Very interesting subject!!
Me:
Scorpio on the 8th h cusp, sitting inside the 6th conjunct by Uranus.

Illness followed by sudden death? ? :D

Also, unaspected Mars in Leo sitting on the 6th house from the 5th could add a little twist to things if looking at ancient rulers. Maybe a heart attack during some kind of sport/sex followed by death? :rolleyes:

I do have Venus and Neptune sitting up there in the 8th too. Venus squares Uranus and Neptune Squares Saturn in the 11th. Still seems rather quick to me. The sudden death could come from the wrong drug I am thinking with Neptune there. Illness...wrong drug...sudden death.

Well, at least it should be quick. LOL!