Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 02-25-2011, 07:05 AM

Music of the Spheres (aka Plutonic music = dubstep)

So, I've come across astrologers who've given examples of music they think fits with a certain planet. Well, now that the Pluto in Scorpio generation has gotten it's creativity out there, I feel that dubstep is one manifestation of that energy.

Examples (for those unfamiliar with dubstep):
Rusko - Hammertime
The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (Zeds Dead Remix)
Blasta - Dub like no other
Dubstep - "Poltergeist"

I have to admit, with my Moon and Pluto conjunct in Scorpio in my first house, near my libra ascendant, I'm very drawn to the darkness and the primal nature this music exudes. It's extremely cathartic for me to go to the dark underground clubs and dance my body to exhaustion to this music. Honestly, I feel that expressing my Plutonic energy this way helps divert it from a more dangerous expression.

If the Pluto in Scorpio generation has this special form of music, I wonder what the Neptune (music) in Pisces (its own sign) generation will have :-D

Thoughts?

Unread 02-25-2011, 10:35 AM

Re: Music of the Spheres (aka Plutonic music = dubstep)

Moon Pluto conjunctio in Scorpio here again...
I can add Massive Attack triphop...
and exactly this song Gimme Shelter I love it....
also FAITH NO MORE .....

Sweet Narcotic
Unread 02-26-2011, 08:40 PM

There's a Plutonic element to dubstep (personally, I really like Burial's stuff) but when I think of Plutonic music, I mostly think of Tool's music. There's so many layers to their work. I've listenened to their stuff for years and still I discover new things.
surrealsuburb123 (04-04-2012)
Unread 03-11-2011, 05:05 AM

Pluto, Saturn and Mars in Scorpio and 8th house Sun. My flatmate's a drum&bass DJ and it seems like everyone is nowadays. So it's around me constantly and I'm going to see Nero next Thursday. I like a bit of filthy dubstep now and again too.

*The following are some random tunes I like of different genres but are in the same vein (if you decide to listen make sure you turn up the volume and bass very high!!):

- Chase & Status - Dumpling Riddim (d&b)

- The Prodigy - Omen (breakbeat)

- Chase & Status - Blind Faith (dubstep remix)

Last edited by HoldOrFold; 12-09-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Unread 03-11-2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuel View Post
So, I've come across astrologers who've given examples of music they think fits with a certain planet. Well, now that the Pluto in Scorpio generation has gotten it's creativity out there, I feel that dubstep is one manifestation of that energy.

Examples (for those unfamiliar with dubstep):
Rusko - Hammertime
The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (Zeds Dead Remix)
Blasta - Dub like no other
Dubstep - "Poltergeist"

I have to admit, with my Moon and Pluto conjunct in Scorpio in my first house, near my libra ascendant, I'm very drawn to the darkness and the primal nature this music exudes. It's extremely cathartic for me to go to the dark underground clubs and dance my body to exhaustion to this music. Honestly, I feel that expressing my Plutonic energy this way helps divert it from a more dangerous expression.

If the Pluto in Scorpio generation has this special form of music, I wonder what the Neptune (music) in Pisces (its own sign) generation will have :-D

Thoughts?
I recon Pluto in Scorpio with Neptune in Capricorn is responsible for the materialistic power focused hip-hop money&hoes image which is part of our generation. Get rich or die trying type thing.

Dubstep cuts more to the heart of the pure energy of Pluto in Scorpio without the Neptune modifier.

Tags
dubstep, music, plutonic, spheres