Rafaella, Tikana, Dr.Farr others

Ninna

Banned
I am new here but i have been reading astrology while ago, not too good but here i go...
I used to pray before and i never felt that they had some effect, some powerful energy through my prayers, i don't know, i guess something blocks it, i wonder why. My question is WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE MY PRAYERS EFFECTIVE ???

I see the saturn in my first house this already tells me not a positive outcome, probably some kind of blockage. I guess i have to take the 9th house and my ruler to see what can i do, the moon in 6th house, a malefic house with no action, my ruler mars is in 12th house another malefic house, both of them make hard aspects and in the houses without power i think that there is nothing i can do to make my prayers effective someway, for some reason they won't be powerful.

Last edited:

tikana

Hi there,

i have never seen a question like that it is either 9th or 11th house issues but then some prayers will not be answered. so I dont know where to look. Horary is picky. Just ask what you are praying for this way you will see if you will get your wish

Please clarify,
thanks

Ninna

Banned
Hi there,

i have never seen a question like that it is either 9th or 11th house issues but then some prayers will not be answered. so I dont know where to look. Horary is picky. Just ask what you are praying for this way you will see if you will get your wish

Please clarify,
thanks

hello tikana, thank you. Well, I pray for many things in all areas of my life and for the world too, that is not a specific case. I ask what can I do to make my prayers effective.

waybread

By "more effective", do you mean that you pray for things you want, and then expect God to give them to you?

I don't think horary astrology is set up to answer this type of question.

I concur with Dr. Farr that one of the most powerful prayers was Jesus saying (Luke 22:42) "Not my will, but Thine be done."

Theologians will disagree with me, but I don't find petitionary prayer (where you "petition" or ask for something) to be particularly effective. Rather, if you pray for acceptance, for more love in your heart, and to give thanks for what you have, you will find those prayers effective enough.

If I try to read your chart nonetheless, I think prayer is a 9th house matter (rules religion.) Your 9th house is ruled by the moon, and looks promising with Jupiter in its sign of exaltation. The moon is in the 5th house, suggesting the biblical verse, "Unless you become like a child again, you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven." Then your first house, ruled by Mars in its detriment and containing a retrograde Saturn, looks unhappy.

The moon applies to an opposition with mars, a square with Jupiter, and makes no aspect to Saturn. I think this chart is saying, "You can't get there from here."

If you can focus on love and acceptance of the world, with its flawed human beings and all, I think you might make some progress. Give thanks for what you have and for the beautiful things you see around you.

Birch Dragon

PRAYER IS NOT A MAGIC SPELL.
What you're looking for, Ninna, is magic and earthly power. That has nothing to do with prayer or spirituality.

In general I find it's best to stay ambivalent, doubtful and open-minded about most things. I tend not to want to give definitive, final statements because I'm deeply committed to the idea that as human beings our minds are limited - we always see through a glass darkly - and anything we think we know we probably only have an incomplete picture of. When it comes to knowing things I tend to think we have to be very humble and doubtful, because anything we feel very certain about we probably don't understand at all.
But if there's one thing in my life I'm willing to make a definitive stand on it may be this:
Human beings make an egregious error whenever we conflate the Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of Earthly Power.
This is one of the prime points of at least the first three Gospels, for example, made over and over as Jesus clarifies again and again, and then exemplifies by being slaughtered rather than unleashing terrible violent power on his oppressors, that his Kingdom - the Kingdom of Heaven - runs in exactly the opposite direction of the Earthly Kingdom. It wants different things, it keeps different methods. It achieves through love, sacrifice and acceptance, not force, skill and whatever moves we make that impose our will on a resistant world.
Sadly, if we are using prayer to try and make the world do what we want it to do - to impose our will - we've misused prayer.

In around my early 20s I became very disillusioning with spiritualists and my New Age friends who continually tried to use "spiritual gifts" as tools of power. For example, psychic prognostications of the future to gain power over this or that situation.
Today, I am disillusioned with the way many Christians speak to God, even in the most sincere prayer. "God, grant me..." Who are we to tell God, to demand of God, to grant us anything? I'm with Martin Luther when he suggested that when it comes to facing God the only appropriate thing to do is get down on our knees and beg forgiveness.

I apologize, Ninna, if this sounds like chastising... And I admit this is a point I feel so strongly about it does energize me a great deal. But I'm here to say, prayer is not a way to get the upper hand on situations in the earthly realm.
And I commend dr. farr and Waybread for already pointing this out. In the end, THY will be done. Prayer cannot be a tool for imposing our will upon the motions of the universe. Even though, at some point in our lives, we all try to use it that way...

God forgive us all our pride.

waybread

Amen to your post, Birch Dragon!

Petitionary prayer actually has a manipulative element to it. I like the saying that, God may not give us what we want. He gives us what we need.

Moondancing

Premium Member
I see the saturn in my first house this already tells me not a positive outcome, probably some kind of blockage.

Saturn in its dignified expression represents deep thought, patience and perseverance. But Saturn is debilitated in your first house meaning you might be acting out of impatience, fear and mistrust. Easy enough to turn around. Study about prayer. There are many good books on the subject such as "The Art of Prayer". Prayer and how it works is a mystery. I probably can count on one hand the number of times a prayer manifested by my asking and I'm in my 60's. Someone told me they manifest on a regular basis for them but they also have put 40+ years into serious study.

Best to you!

Culpeper

Premium Member
You did very well reading your chart. This is essentially a religious question so any conclusion I can draw is sure to offend someone.

Your significator is Mars in Libra. This is the detriment of Mars and I will say it is in the 12th house. This is not a good placement. The religious houses are the 9th and the 3rd. The 9th represents formal, organized religion and the 3rd is your own personal religion.

The Moon rules the 9th house and represents organized religion. So the blockage is coming from an organized church(or whatever you call it).

Saturn rules the third house and is in the first house. Although there is no aspect, Saturn is connected to Mars with a mixed mutual reception. So the answer from the chart, to make your prayers effective, you must put yourself as far from organized religion as you can and develop your own.

greybeard

"Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?" (Thank you Janis)

I've been praying daily for a Mercedes over the past 47 years and drive an old Isuzu.

I think George Carlin used to pray to Lenny Bruce and he found that Lenny "answered" his prayers as often as God did.

Jesus, not wanting to "drink this cup," prayed to God to deliver him from it, but closed his prayer with "Thy will, not mine, be done." Next day he was hanging on a cross.

King Midas prayed for the Golden Touch and got it. Then he turned his cherished daughter into a cold and lifeless golden statue.

Effective prayer? You seem to be seeking personal power to control your life and the world. Beware.

"When a man surrenders all desires that come to the heart and by the grace of God finds the joy of God, then his soul has indeed found peace." -- Bhagavad Gita 2:55.

Last edited:

Ninna

Banned
"Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?" (Thank you Janis)

I've been praying daily for a Mercedes over the past 47 years and drive an old Isuzu.

I think George Carlin used to pray to Lenny Bruce and he found that Lenny "answered" his prayers as often as God did.

Jesus, not wanting to "drink this cup," prayed to God to deliver him from it, but closed his prayer with "Thy will, not mine, be done." Next day he was hanging on a cross.

King Midas prayed for the Golden Touch and got it. Then he turned his cherished daughter into a cold and lifeless golden statue.

Effective prayer? You seem to be seeking personal power to control your life and the world. Beware.

"When a man surrenders all desires that come to the heart and by the grace of God finds the joy of God, then his soul has indeed found peace." -- Bhagavad Gita 2:55.

I am so impressed what I read, I am not a materialistic person. When I read some opinions I wonder if these people have suffered or never suffered to make such a judgment. Is that to much to ask how could be more effective my prayers for my health that is not going well ? for friends that just had an accident ? and for the world I pray for a better world and peaceful, I am not here asking for power to control or spell, for a new car, for a boyfriend, there are books of spell and power but I am not into these things. You should beware for what you say too.

Inline

I am so impressed what I read, I am not a materialistic person. When I read some opinions I wonder if these people have suffered or never suffered to make such a judgment. Is that to much to ask how could be more effective my prayers for my health that is not going well ? for friends that just had an accident ? and for the world I pray for a better world and peaceful...

The truth is that suffering can be overcome and that true happiness and contentment are possible. lf we give up useless craving and learn to live each day at a time (not dwelling in the past or the imagined future) then we can become happy and free. We then have more time and energy to help others. This is Nirvana according to Buddhism’s approach to healing and faith.

Try looking at your natal chart and focusing on your strengths, then use your strengths to serve others. By forgetting yourself, you focus less on your health, perhaps alleviating some of your suffering more and more each day by caring more for someelse….

this is the best way to make your prayers more effective.

Kuntuzangmo

Make aspirations with no expectation regarding the result. And then keep your eyes, ears, and all senses open. Usually you will observe or 'get' the result if you stay aware (not always easy with the busy, distracted mind). Often our aspirations are always manifest, yet not in exactly the way we want.
Careful for what you want.
Non-attachment and openness to the result is key, I feel.
Non-grasping is not always easy.

waybread

Somewhat late in life, I realized that happiness is a choice we make. It isn't something that hits us from the outside-- if we are one of the lucky ones. Ninna, I am sorry that your health is not good. May I suggest that you thank God daily for what good health you do enjoy?

In terms of praying for particular outcomes, doesn't God already know what you want and what is in your heart?

tikana

people,

let's stick with the horary. Who believes in praying will keep on praying. Sometimes a person prays and that energy he/she sends out fulfills their hearts as if they somehow sent a positive energy out there. I don't think that the question can be answered because the core question is not about wishing and wishes to come true but more of spiritual for the querent.

I could be wrong here

T

rafaella

I am new here but i have been reading astrology while ago, not too good but here i go...
I used to pray before and i never felt that they had some effect, some powerful energy through my prayers, i don't know, i guess something blocks it, i wonder why. My question is WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE MY PRAYERS EFFECTIVE ???

I see the saturn in my first house this already tells me not a positive outcome, probably some kind of blockage. I guess i have to take the 9th house and my ruler to see what can i do, the moon in 6th house, a malefic house with no action, my ruler mars is in 12th house another malefic house, both of them make hard aspects and in the houses without power i think that there is nothing i can do to make my prayers effective someway, for some reason they won't be powerful.

Hello Ninna,

sorry, I jus saw this now. I see you have removed your chart, but I probably wouldn't have been able to help much.

Moon in 6th would indicate your focus of the question, your health (or illness). Mars in detriment in 12th is quite a debilitated position to be in. Mars is already in bad shape by being in detriment, in 12th its position is severely weakened. 12th is house of self undoing, prisons, fears, phobias and witchcraft.

I think based on position of Mars and its weakness its unlikely you can do much with prayer. But maybe you can do other things that can help ( if you haven't already) - seek an alternative doctor, or find more information, research etc...

I hope you get better soon! all the best :)