Planetary patterns -- the bowl

Unless there are more comments/questions I'll start a new thread on the bundle.

I’ve loved reading through this thread. I (believe) I also have a strong bowl pattern in my chart. If it’s not too much trouble, I wonder if you could tell me whether Asc/Moon opposition would form the rim, or if it’s Mars (given Asc not a planet?) anything else you might be able to tell me regarding these oppositions I have with this bowl pattern (mars conj. Asc and north node seems intense activity / yet opposition moon as the cutting planet suggests the moon in Libra is the focus?)

https://www.astro.com/tmpd/c84qfileaHehn9-u1549334598/astro_2gw_rachel_hw.83310.158886.png

Any comments you have related to the bowl pattern here very much appreciated.

Harmelia

Rachael - I posted on your opened thread.

I’ve loved reading through this thread. I (believe) I also have a strong bowl pattern in my chart. If it’s not too much trouble, I wonder if you could tell me whether Asc/Moon opposition would form the rim, or if it’s Mars (given Asc not a planet?) anything else you might be able to tell me regarding these oppositions I have with this bowl pattern (mars conj. Asc and north node seems intense activity / yet opposition moon as the cutting planet suggests the moon in Libra is the focus?)

https://www.astro.com/tmpd/c84qfileaHehn9-u1549334598/astro_2gw_rachel_hw.83310.158886.png

Any comments you have related to the bowl pattern here very much appreciated.

greybeard

Only the planets are used in determining pattern. Moon is cutting, suggesting a personality dominated by emotional Intensity. The opposition to Mars is exact (I use 3° as "exact"), and there is a Cardinal cross focused on Neptune, closely conjunct MC. This brings more order (point of focus) to your life than if the cross were not present. The cross occurs in Cardinal signs and angular houses (all 3 planets quite near the Angles, to boot). This suggests a person primarily concerned with the passing crises (events) of the moment, rather than with the principles or people involved. You are interested in shaping passing circumstances to fit your needs. Opportunistic, expedient, immediate, highly active. You pour yourself into each passing moment fully and without reserve (all planets above horizon, spilling out, emptying of the self). Mars ruling and conjunct Asc intensifies this.

Thank you, very appreciative of the insight. Whilst the sense of being preoccupied with passing events/crisis doesn't exactly feel true (I'd say I am actually quite preoccupied with patterns, the past, narratives, but I can see how this is actually quite linked – fluctuations of events occupying thoughts, looking for immediate meaning in what happens.. perhaps)

I didn't realise about the focus on Neptune at the midheaven, I will be reading more into the meaning and significance of this.