Reincarnation and the idea that everyone is responsible for his/her own birth

petosiris

Banned
Petosirus, I can see that you didn't follow up on Dr. Tucker's research. The methodology was extremely painstaking, precisely to minimize the chance of bias or alternative explanations.

So long as you insist on perpetrating falsehoods about "my teachers" I have nothing more to say to you on this thread. I explained this to you in a previous thread, in detail.

I've heard of the case before. I didn't necessarily mean someone born of a woman.

(I haven't said anything false about Jewish Rabbis. However, I didn't have to bring up this sidenote even in a jest in brackets and a :smile: . I doubt that you can provide OT justification (silence does not equal endorsement, just the opposite - there are warnings of learning the ways of the nations) of guf, gilgul and other ancient fables, or answer my objection that there can't be a universal resurrection with transmigration of souls from humans to humans.)

Opal

Premium Member
I've heard of the case before. I didn't necessarily mean someone born of a woman.

(I haven't said anything false about Jewish Rabbis. However, I didn't have to bring up this sidenote even in a jest in brackets and a :smile: . I doubt that you can provide OT justification (silence does not equal endorsement, just the opposite - there are warnings of learning the ways of the nations) of guf, gilgul and other ancient fables, or answer my objection that there can't be a universal resurrection with transmigration of souls from humans to humans.)

You may not have noticed. This is not a Christian forum. It is an astrological forum. We are not here to prove anything to you, as many of us have repeatedly tried to talk with you on the expansive subject of astrology, you ask us to prove things based on a very narrow minded part of all scriptures to satisfy your beliefs.

The Bible is an ancient fable. It contains remnants of other ancient fables.

I have been lead to believe you used to be an interesting addition here, on the traditional board.

Now, you only debate the validity of your beliefs over others, attempting to shutting down discussion on astrology based on all ancient fables.

Most of us have transgressed down that road, long ago, fellow Libra Sun, and have been found by the truth of the real scriptures. In all my Mercury Libra fairness, I have tried to be fair with you, but you are always on square one. In the beginning.

petosiris

Banned
You may not have noticed. This is not a Christian forum. It is an astrological forum. We are not here to prove anything to you, as many of us have repeatedly tried to talk with you on the expansive subject of astrology, you ask us to prove things based on a very narrow minded part of all scriptures to satisfy your beliefs.

I was replying to waybread. She wrote that the Bible (or the TaNaKh) doesn't say that people die once and that opposition to reincarnation only came through Roman Catholicism. I'd like to see some evidence behind that claim. The OP and your comments on this thread have little to do with astrology and are in the chat board. The forum is not Opal's forum, or the New Ager forum, or the anti-Christian forum, for you to disseminate yourself your personal beliefs, while forbidding quoting the Scriptures when respect in conversation and the ethical rules of the forum are followed.

The Bible is an ancient fable. It contains remnants of other ancient fables.

I already gave you an objection to you calling hundreds of witnesses a fable. ''For we did not follow cleverly devised fables'' says Peter, an eyewitness of the majesty of Messiah, and ''not giving heed to Jewish fables and commands of men, turning themselves away from the truth'' says Paul who received a revelation of Messiah, the apostles who went with power of the Holy Spirit and signs and wonders and mighty deeds, not just preaching. An example of a Jewish fable (not all Jews believe in reincarnation) is that all remnant Jews and remnant converts like waybread have souls of the estimated 5 million people on Mount Sinai. This is strongly anti-biblical.

I have been lead to believe you used to be an interesting addition here, on the traditional board.

Now, you only debate the validity of your beliefs over others, attempting to shutting down discussion on astrology based on all ancient fables.

What does that even mean? Sounds like you think you know all truth and that no one should ever bring counter-arguments to your position. That is a non-starter.

Most of us have transgressed down that road, long ago, fellow Libra Sun, and have been found by the truth of the real scriptures. In all my Mercury Libra fairness, I have tried to be fair with you, but you are always on square one. In the beginning.

If anyone has mind to put more confidence in a nativity, I far more - with angular cazimi Mercury in Libra, with Jupiter in the 9th and Venus in the 3rd, an astrologer of astrologers, knowledgeable in all the traditions of the ancients. But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Messiah.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I was replying to waybread. She wrote that the Bible (or the TaNaKh) doesn't say that people die once and that opposition to reincarnation only came through Roman Catholicism. I'd like to see some evidence behind that claim. The OP and your comments on this thread have little to do with astrology and are in the chat board. The forum is not Opal's forum, or the New Ager forum, or the anti-Christian forum, for you to disseminate yourself your personal beliefs, while forbidding quoting the Scriptures when respect in conversation and the ethical rules of the forum are followed.

I already gave you an objection to you calling hundreds of witnesses a fable. ''For we did not follow cleverly devised fables'' says Peter, an eyewitness of the majesty of Messiah, and ''not giving heed to Jewish fables and commands of men, turning themselves away from the truth'' says Paul who received a revelation of Messiah, the apostles who went with power of the Holy Spirit and signs and wonders and mighty deeds, not just preaching. An example of a Jewish fable (not all Jews believe in reincarnation) is that all remnant Jews and remnant converts like waybread have souls of the estimated 5 million people on Mount Sinai. This is strongly anti-biblical.

What does that even mean? Sounds like

you think you know all truth

and that no one should ever bring counter-arguments

to your position.

That is a non-starter.
:smile:
If anyone has mind to put more confidence in a nativity, I far more - with angular cazimi Mercury in Libra, with Jupiter in the 9th and Venus in the 3rd, an astrologer of astrologers, knowledgeable in all the traditions of the ancients. But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Messiah.
If the things you desire do not come it is due to
karma created long ago, therefore
keep a happy and relaxed mind. :smile:

Opal

Premium Member

What does that even mean? Sounds like you think you know all truth and that no one should ever bring counter-arguments to your position. That is a non-starter.

Actually I know the truth for me.

Waybread knows the truth for her.

JA, David, Monk and Leo moon, and many others here know the truth for themselves.

Petosiris knows his truth.

Everyone has there own personal belief.

You are rude at how you write to us, presuming your sources are, not fictional because you choose to believe your sources only.

We try to be polite to you, while you do not follow that at all, you have been rude in writing to everyone above.

It’s too bad really, your knowledge of the Bible is really good, but you can’t stop being rude. I guess it’s back to the concordance. It is a good read.

JUPITERASC

fa6b9e6a0ca76495b4e00fadfe8e9ea2.jpg

aquarius7000

Hi,

Your own karmas are responsible for you being here, what you came with, the opportunities you have in terms of the cards dealt to you. When you say: "no matter how difficult circumstances, it is our choice" - you are very close to the truth.

The issue, per my understanding, is that in the West and even in most of the East today, this whole concept of individualism and free will has completely confused us making us see reality as illusion and vice versa. A lot of it also has to do with one's own faith as well as education, so some choose to stubbornly ignore that there could be another truth - very different from what they have believed the truth to be - out there. The sad part though is that when a person is closed-minded and not willing to go the extra mile to educate themselves, the truth is completely lost to them.

I have also come across people that feel they are being disloyal to their faith and are overcome by some sort of fear if they look into 'experimenting' with the truth or considering other sources of truth in order to expand their knowledge.

You already seem to be on the right path about reincarnation, so continue to learn and discover more and more about it.

Hi,

Over the years I'v been reading/listening/thinking about the idea that we have all chosen to be born. In other words, that our parents are not responsible for us being here. No matter how difficult circumstances, it is our choice. Maybe the word "intention" is a better fit, because, taking out karmic debts or needs, I don't think that we could actually chose among infinite number of possibilities.

I was just wandering, what is your take on that.
Also, if you have any books to suggest on that subject or articles, I would be very grateful!

Thank you!

blackbery

Dear Mahaira, The best books I've read on the subject are :

The Search for Bridey Murphy.

This is the story of an experiment in hypnosis, how it came about, and its amazing results. It is a true story - a fact that makes it all the more amazing - that spans the bridge of time to a day in Ireland in 1798. But it starts in the present, one night in 1952 in Pueblo, Colorado, where Morey Bernstein, a young businessman intensely interested in hypnotism, was performing an experiment to explore a mystery of the mind. His subject, a young woman named Ruth Simmons, had been put into a deep hypnotic trance in the presence of witnesses. What Ruth Simmons told is the life of Bridey Murphy. In the tape recordings made that night and during later experimental sessions, she was able to recall, in infinite detail, this previous existence in Ireland.

and

Many Lives, Many Masters: The True Story of a Prominent Psychiatrist, His Young Patient, and the Past Life Therapy That Changed Both Their Lives
by Brian L. Weiss

and

Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
by Robert Schwartz

Your Soul’s Plan (which was originally published under the title Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth?) explores the premise that we are all eternal souls who plan our lives, including our greatest challenges, before we are born for the purpose of spiritual growth.

P.S/ Give the Seth books a miss. Utter nonsense & regarded as fraudulent. Mass plagiarism from legitimate sources.

Hi,

Over the years I'v been reading/listening/thinking about the idea that we have all chosen to be born. In other words, that our parents are not responsible for us being here. No matter how difficult circumstances, it is our choice. Maybe the word "intention" is a better fit, because, taking out karmic debts or needs, I don't think that we could actually chose among infinite number of possibilities.

Also, if you have any books to suggest on that subject or articles, I would be very grateful!

Thank you!

Last edited:

clip11

Hi,

Thank you!

I think that is just world fallacy thinking. If astrology is true, that means that whenever you were born you get however the stars happened to be aligned.

So one person may get a chart that indicates that they will be popular, have lots of friends and have good health, be a multi millionaire by 30 years old without having to really work hard and live to be 99 years old. Who wouldn't want that?

Then you have another person with a chart that indicates that they'll have to battle a chronic illness, have difficulty making friends, will always have to work hard and only be rewarded with more work and they are likely to die in their 50s of a stress induced heart attack. No one wants that.

So it's easier to tell yourself that somehow you chose it rather than it just happened to you and you were just born at the wrong time in the wrong place.

I look at my birth chart and had I been born 12 hours earlier, I would have a 10th house stellium and a Mars Jupiter conjunction on my Ascendant, rather than my descendant and a 4th house stellium. A 10th house stellium with a Mars Jupiter conjunction on the Ascendant might mean I'd have been a pro athlete in the NFL or NBA making millions as Mars on the Ascendant is a marker in the charts of many pro athletes. I really do believe it would mean I'd have been in a better position than I am now and my life likely would have been better in all relevant areas.

But as fate would have it, I was born at 11:15 pm rather than 11:15 am.

Last edited: