A Moon square Jupiter and Pluto

Forgive me if someone's already discussed this, but what are some general thoughts/interpretations of a Moon squared Pluto and Jupiter.

Wouldn't this, on a very basic level, make someone vacillate between dark/shadowy feelings and generous, humanitarian feels?

Would Jupiter and Pluto, depending on position in the chart, take priority over one another depending placement in house order?

katydid

Forgive me if someone's already discussed this, but what are some general thoughts/interpretations of a Moon squared Pluto and Jupiter.

Wouldn't this, on a very basic level, make someone vacillate between dark/shadowy feelings and generous, humanitarian feels?

Would Jupiter and Pluto, depending on position in the chart, take priority over one another depending placement in house order?

It could work as you described. But the goal would be to merge the Jupiter and Pluto, and make it a more powerful integrated part of your personality.

Jupiter/Pluto is leadership, powerful energy, motivation and ambition.

Moon squaring Jupiter/Pluto can be a good thing when integrated and elevated.

A lot depends upon the mode of the square. Is it Cardinal, Mutable or Fixed?

A Cardinal square between those 3 could create an assertive, aggressive energy that needed to be reigned in a bit but could get a lot done, and be a leader by example.

A Mutable square could indicate some confusion and anxiety about one's goals and desires. It might be difficult to focus upon a clear path but when one does commit, there is an intelligence and ability to communicate with others that can create a powerful leader that excels and inspires others

A Fixed square is perhaps the most intense of the 3 because it empowers the Pluto and makes it more focused and grounded. A fixed Moon square a Fixed Jupiter/Pluto could indicate a desire to bring about social aspirations and improvements and the ability to influence the masses through an appeal to their feelings, and psychology. It could make a good therapist or psychologist although a tendency to be a bit demanding or bossy would need to be overcome.

Frisiangal

Further to katydid's comments:
The intensity of an uncontrolled Moon-Pluto 'emotions' aspect could become exaggerated with Jupiter.
Jupiter has very strong associations with health matters.
Moon feelings are often 'a cause' for health issues regarding or impeding Jupiter growth, with deeper significations when it is under Pluto's control.

Positive Sun aspects to the square (or T-square?) would enable one to overcome and take back control into/of themselves (Pluto), rather than be the receiver (Moon) of it from (un)controllable powerful forces (Pluto), according to signs and elements involved, within themselves.

Lin

It's a disturbing aspect; Moon represents the mother, the upbringing, habits from childhood and emotional mechanism. The squares to heavy planets represent some traumas from childhood. Either experienced by you or witnessed by you or both.
It's hard to be "laid back" with these aspects. It's hard to trust. If Neptune is involved in any way with either the Moon or the heavy planets, it can even more difficult.

Habits tend to be fixed and hard to break. Relationships can be hard as the emotions are unpredictable or negative.

When transits favor any of these planets it can be a time when things even out and maybe some progress can be made in raising the consciousness.
Although these are generalizations, they are probably true. But to be specific, a chart would need to be seen.
LIN

greybeard

Well, by golly...

Katydid, Frisiangal, and Lin...nice work. Did yourselves proud.

Here are a few other possibilities; see if the chart supports them other places...

In almost all cases of Moon square Pluto there exists a very deep existential conflict with the mother. The emotional body, the sense of nurture and protection, may undergo trauma. Recall that Hades (Pluto) was lord of the underworld. Things deeply buried, hidden from sight. Pluto is pitiless, implacable. Deep emotional transformation.

Emotional excess. A self-righteous attitude. Rather than becoming over-emotional about injustices, lend a helping hand to folks who need it. This type of out-going service to others will provide you with opportunities to explore and heal old wounds.

Depends on the whole chart. What, for example, are the rulers of the two squared signs doing? Their conditioning has much to say about how the planets in question will operate.

Lin

When you said "emotional excess" I always think of the word "impulse". And a biography I read about Lord Melbourne and his wife, Lady Caroline Lamb (who died before he became Queen Victoria's Prime Minister.)

She was described thus: "Every emotion an impulse".
I will look for her chart. Moon Jupiter aspected by an "outer" planet. It almost doesn't matter whether it's Pluto, Neptune, Uranus.......
I'll be back.
LIN

Lin

Lady Caroline Lamb and marriage to William Lamb
Although I don't know her exact time of birth, the Uranus in the 5th fits both her bad luck with children and her doomed love affair with Lord Byron - which was a major scandal of the time, even at a time when it was pretty hard to actually shock anyone.
LIN

Attachments

• astro_24gw_lady_caroline_lamb_180563.86077.96989A.jpg
    astro_24gw_lady_caroline_lamb_180563.86077.96989A.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Frisiangal

When you said "emotional excess" I always think of the word "impulse". And a biography I read about Lord Melbourne and his wife, Lady Caroline Lamb……..

Is it odd or normal that different astrologers read different symbolism into 'keywords'? An astrological biography?
I would think that 'emotion' expresses more and goes deeper than 'feelings' and depends upon which sign Moon is in. I'd agree that 'excess' would see a Jupiter influence.

When I read 'impulse', my mind turns to Aries and Mars' function as its ruler.
The chart shows a definite Moon in Aries, whatever birth time, possibly conjunct Jupiter. 'Reacting (Moon) impulsively (Aries) would seem to fit. If Moon sextiles Mars (stimulus) in Gemini, the impulses are stimulated by an active mental nature + Mars-Neptune-Pluto grand trine. Air sign influences?

Lady Caroline Lamb and marriage to William Lamb
Although I don't know here exact time of birth, the Uranus in the 5th fits both her bad luck with children and her doomed love affair with Lord Byron - which was a major scandal of the time, even at a time when it was pretty hard to actually shock anyone.
LIN

Moon opp. Neptune isn't recognised for 'stabilising' feelings.
There is a Venus-Neptune conjunction in Libra (romanticism) square Uranus, whatever the birth time.
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Lamb
Neptune's association seems to be explained exceptionally well in the link, including the infamous poet.

Would keywords such as shock (Uranus) and scandal (Neptune) have had much effect upon a Sun in Scorpio trine Uranus across the 5th/8th houses?

Last edited:

Lin

The biography to which I referred to is "The Young Melbourne" by David Cecil.

Because this book is about William Lamb, the YOUNG Melbourne naturally it includes his only marriage, to Caro.....Caroline Ponsonby, who married him at 19....and he had fallen in love with her years before, according the the personal records used to write this bio.

A lot of space was dedicated to this young woman, who died comparatively young, probably by a combination of things including anorexia. She seemed to have absolutely no self discipline or any self control in her impulses.

The book is not big, but it does describe "Whig" society in that era. Very permissive ....which is why I said that even by the standards of the time her emotional outbursts and actions were shocking. the chart I drew give the planets of the day, no matter when she was born during that day.

I have seen these Moon-Jupiter-Uranus-Neptune issues before. They don't always doom the person emotionally, but they are always extremely difficult unless the rest of the chart miraculously modifies the dynamics. But in her case, nothing short of 21st century medical intervention could have "possibly" kept her sane.

Read the book. You will be hooked.
LIN