Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Hkk

Account Closed
That is handy, shining like that, no? The phenomenon never bothered me either until professional graduate school where suddenly there the peer group was redefined and the entire atmosphere had a strong pervasive dominance orientation. It's been masculine typically because women were kept out of professions, but you can certainly see many rising to the challenge lol and becoming just as... tedious.
Dealing with it is on a case by case basis and depends on your professional situation. The field you're in, even the company you're in at the time will have different contexts. I had to handle dominance issues in work culture for a recent client and it was amazing how the people above or horizontal to the offender couldn't see a behavior set that was really inflicting pain on the people below the offender in the hierarchy.

Encountering it socially is a totally different ball of wax.

I think some people pretend not to see. ‘Brush under the carpet’ types

Hkk

Account Closed
As a woman you aren't dealing with volatile feelings grounded in passion. Unless you swing both ways which I haven't seen you state anywhere yet.

No I don’t. I have enough issues with men lol don’t wanna add to it
There not volatile. What she gona do over the internet lol she can’t boil your bunny can she🐰... or can she? 🤔

Gemini888

I was thinking. As much as I love fat cats and really love petting them, I think maybe having a couple larger rats would be nice as pets someday. I could build them little terrariums and obstacle courses and maybe like a tiny rat playground. It would be so cute. I've always wanted a rodent as a pet, but my mom never let me, because she said they were gross. Rats are super clean rodents though and they're extra soft and I'd have two, because rats are very social animals and need friendship.

Kat, we REALLY should move in together. I have this insane love for rats that I hide carefully because most ppl are grossed out by even thinking of me holding a rat in front of them. And my country doesn't sell rat either :(

conspiracy theorist

No I don’t. I have enough issues with men lol don’t wanna add to it
There not volatile. What she gona do over the internet lol she can’t boil your bunny can she🐰... or can she? 🤔

Nah, they are volatile. She's as far away from me as you are, but they were volatile. That's not the behaviour of someone in control of themselves.

Hkk

Account Closed
Kat, we REALLY should move in together. I have this insane love for rats that I hide carefully because most ppl are grossed out by even thinking of me holding a rat in front of them. And my country doesn't sell rat either :(

People sell them? You can just go to the sewer or dirty place. Lots their. Don’t buy one

moonkat235

That is handy, shining like that, no? The phenomenon never bothered me either until professional graduate school where suddenly there the peer group was redefined and the entire atmosphere had a strong pervasive dominance orientation. It's been masculine typically because women were kept out of professions, but you can certainly see many rising to the challenge lol and becoming just as... tedious.
Dealing with it is on a case by case basis and depends on your professional situation. The field you're in, even the company you're in at the time will have different contexts. I had to handle dominance issues in work culture for a recent client and it was amazing how the people above or horizontal to the offender couldn't see a behavior set that was really inflicting pain on the people below the offender in the hierarchy.

Encountering it socially is a totally different ball of wax.

Hmm yeah I could definitely see that sort of environment being difficult. People wanting to put each other down so that they look higher up. I'm very competitive in work environments myself, but also aware of presentation, so I think I act more strategically.

I did think about it and I had a boss that was very into mansplaining, but he was going through his own thing. When I met him for the first time, he said he knew my reputation and that I ran things at the workplace. He'd heard very good reviews from his senior managers, etc. but he was also insecure and I was in the office and he said he was recovering from cancer and specifically it was testicular cancer and he said, word for word, 'I don't have any balls anymore'. I was kinda floored. Just said awkwardly, 'sorry about that man'.

Then he tried to change a bunch of things at the center and I tried to tell him it was a bad idea, but he kept saying 'no this is how it's done at headquarters, yada yada', so I let the ship sink and he wound up having to change everything back. He was also the last manager for that site. The contract was not renewed by the organization and I'm positive a lot of that had to do with him. Oh well

Anyway, in general, I know I've been the hardest worker at my jobs. The stats proved it. The quick promotions proved it. I think a lot of coworkers have honestly been intimidated or slightly scared by me, but I wound up with great working relationships and good experience. I love to outperform others, but I do it ethically and I try to help others achieve the same success.

moonkat235

Eeeew MK are you serious?? Rats are poison and what you gona get out of it. It’s not like a dog where you get pure love from ewwww please no. Tell me your joking 🙃

Rats are the cleanest rodent and the smartest. I love them. I'd make so many jungle gyms for them. Omg, I'd be the best rat parent ever.

Gemini888

No, it's cool. I've gotten the arrogant comment before, and I've also gotten humble. It's all over the map with me. As a result I take what people say with a grain of salt unless a wide variety of different backgrounds tell me the same thing. Then I take notice.

If you are talking who I think you are talking then I don't have any intention of handling said fan. Perhaps that's the problem.
You have Jupiter and Pluto in Sag right? That could be where all the "arrogant" thing comes from.

And I giggle thinking of your "fan", if we are both thinking about the same person. To a complete stranger of the drama, it does look like a fan-idol dynamic :D