Seriously questioning my identity, need help

Doodleloo

About a month ago, I suddenly had an identity crisis and it's been going on ever since then. I wasn't sure what I really liked to do and what I was just doing just to get by. This whole time I never really had an opinion on what I studied (that is, biology). I certainly didn't hate it, but if you asked me if I was passionate about studying it, I probably wouldn't say I was. Just neutral. Going through the motions. I just figured I would go through college and eventually something would happen and I would realize what I like, but that hasn't happened, and I'm starting to worry it won't happen unless I start actively seeking it out at this point.

I know I want to be a doctor and a part time fiction writer. I also know I want to do research. But what KIND of doctor and what SUBJECT (psychology, sociology, medicine, and what specifically in them, or something else??) will I be researching in? Please don't ask me, my head will explode if I become more confused :crying: Every day this is on my mind, giving me a headache. I just seem to be apathetic to a lot of things. When and how am I going to find out what I'm passionate about?

I attached a chart with my progressions. I've tried so many times to get into reading progressions, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to do that when a lot of the planets are still in similar locations. SOMEONE, ANYONE, I NEED GUIDANCE.

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 36

comdoc

Psychology fits your chart. Mental health, Psychiatry.

About a month ago, I suddenly had an identity crisis and it's been going on ever since then. I wasn't sure what I really liked to do and what I was just doing just to get by. This whole time I never really had an opinion on what I studied (that is, biology). I certainly didn't hate it, but if you asked me if I was passionate about studying it, I probably wouldn't say I was. Just neutral. Going through the motions. I just figured I would go through college and eventually something would happen and I would realize what I like, but that hasn't happened, and I'm starting to worry it won't happen unless I start actively seeking it out at this point.

I know I want to be a doctor and a part time fiction writer. I also know I want to do research. But what KIND of doctor and what SUBJECT (psychology, sociology, medicine, and what specifically in them, or something else??) will I be researching in? Please don't ask me, my head will explode if I become more confused :crying: Every day this is on my mind, giving me a headache. I just seem to be apathetic to a lot of things. When and how am I going to find out what I'm passionate about?

I attached a chart with my progressions. I've tried so many times to get into reading progressions, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to do that when a lot of the planets are still in similar locations. SOMEONE, ANYONE, I NEED GUIDANCE.

StillOne

Well fortunately for you, that you are on this forum. Your chart certainly identifies the cause for the indecision in my opinion. You are still young so there isn't cause for concern yet. So no need to worry.

You have a Yod pointing to your Moon/Venus conjunction in the 9th house (also see boomerang yod). There's a lot of things going on here but briefly, yods do tend to create difficult forks in the road. By difficult, read impossible. In my mind, your early discovery of this is to your advantage! Contemplating further on this may help in the solution to the problem at hand. However, be aware that these types of scenarios will happen in the future as well. It's nice to be in the know!

The Yod is pointing to something you should pursue and will find strength in. So look to explore those particular positions in your horoscope to see what themes may be evident in your life. Moon in the 9th, Ven in the 9th, Moon Ven conj, 9th house themes, etc. etc.

As far as what to do, only you will be able to ultimately decide. Yods are highly specific and typically they tend to operate later in peoples lives. However, yours is a boomerang yod and therefore is exposed faster. There's so much that you can do with a medical degree! Maybe instead of rushing to try and get the degree, consider taking a rest and exploring what may bring you lasting contentment in your career.

Most likely the reason why this is becoming such an issue for you at the moment is due to transiting Uranus square your MC. It's within orb and applying. You may have some good insight into your career as this transit passes. Try and take advantage of the situation even though it's likely to be a bit challenging.

Last edited: