Music Lovers: Name Your Top 3

MamaMinnee

With Neptune in the second house, I value and enjoy music tremendously. I love and will listen to, as well as see live, any band who is tight, regardless of genre. However, with Mercury conjunct Mars in Virgo and Venus conjunct Jupiter in Scorpio, I LOVE loud, hardcore bands like System of A Down, TOOL; and also those who are clever and funky like Prince. All 3 are incredible live!!!!!

Who are your top 3 bands? Astrologically tell me why you think that is.

tikana

1. Oomph! - Dero turns my Uranus'madness on
2. Sarah Brightman - turns on my Venus Virgo perfection
3. Korpiklaani and Turisas - turns my sun/uranus conjunction on

freedomlover

Great thread topic, MamaMinnee!

Well, maybe not exactly my all time-top-three, but those that I can describe astrologically:

Led Zeppelin - My Saturn/Eros conjunction in Pisces in the 2nd is what I blame this one on. Much of their music has such an ethereal quality to it- kind of like Enya, in a way - seems very Piscean to me. (Had such a crush on Robert Plant when I was younger) (ok- still do)

Al Stewart - Great Lyricist/storyteller - My Mercury(r) in Sag in the 12th and Jupiter(r) in Gemini in the 6th in mutual reception could listen to him all day.

Mozart - My Chiron in Pisces in 2nd squaring the ruler of my 6th, Mercury in Sag in the 12th HAS to have its Mozart. This is a more recent development, as I've found Mozart (and some other instrumental composers) "instrumental" in soothing my nerves that were constantly on edge of a nervous breakdown for years.

Last edited:

ALST123

Hi,

This has caused me a lot of thought.

1) Supergrass, esp Diamond Hoo Ha Man.
2) The Smiths/Morissey esp Sheila Take A Bow.
3) Foo Fighters esp The Pretender.

I think the first one because I have Sun conj Neptune in Sag in H11. These guys appear to be your friends in their videos, sing about hanging out with your mates etc.

All 3 of them because they wear lots of black and are quite conscious of self-image (Venus in Cappy in h1). Despite being modern, brash and unconventional, they also stick to the traditional rules of musicality and notation so they are tight, and considered the best quality.

They sometimes deal with subject matter that other bands would shy away from (Mercury conj Mc in Scorpio in h10). And roll this subject matter around to get to a final conclusion (esp The Smiths).

They are all loud (I have many planets in Sag, and Jupiter rules Sag).

They are all anti-establishment and seem like educational drop-outs (Uranus in H9 in Libra), and often cover relationship break-up type stuff.

They are quite grungy, are unafraid to speak the truth as they see it, and sing about taboos, but this is a front. In real life they are more traditional family types, and are sending themselves up really. They are producing an image of self-destruction (BMLilith conj Asc in Cappy). I think "Caught By The Fuzz" shows that quite a bit.

Thanks for that MamaMinnee!

Smiles,
Ax.

MamaMinnee

tikana said:
1. Oomph! - Dero turns my Uranus' madness on 3. Korpiklaani and Turisas - turns my sun/uranus conjunction on
When you say Sun Uranus, but also use the phrase 'turn on,' so I am guessing your Sun Uranus is in Scorpio??? I have not heard of either bands, so please tell me how they are turning you on with their unique style.

Are they bands you have to see live to appreciate to the fullest? For me, TOOL is one of those bands--you HAVE to see them live!! Maynard's, the lead singer, Aries Sun sits on my descendant and when he sings in concert, I feel like he is singing directly to me--seriously. If I am the only one standing in my section, then so be it, every song is my song! Also, Maynard is SO strange and notoriously enigmatic--I love strange people--this may be attributed to my singleton Uranus in Libra in the 12th!!! He dresses up like a preacher or a woman, both terribly ugly, for a lot of shows; but with that divine voice {Mercury conjunct Jupiter in Taurus and the Sun + Venus mutually disposed in Gemini}, remains extremely sexy. With my Venus/Jupiter in Scorpio, I need my sexy lead singer! I also require a master drummer aka 'the maestro' to set and keep that beat, Mercury/Mars in Virgo.

tikana

hi

okay TOOL is way toooooooo soft for me
I am from extreme heavy metal/speedmetal/thrash metal/industrial metal/symphonic black metal/viking metal .. and NO Metallica is not even on my 200 top list.

"When you say Sun Uranus, but also use the phrase 'turn on,' so I am guessing your Sun Uranus is in Scorpio??? I have not heard of either bands, so please tell me how they are turning you on with their unique style.

Are they bands you have to see live to appreciate to the fullest??"

1. Oomph! - Dero turns my Uranus' madness on 3. Korpiklaani and Turisas - turns my sun/uranus conjunction on

ONly Dero can crawl in the bathroom wearing a crazy 16 point constraint jacket staring at the walls and singing his heart out.

Korpiklaaani ohh maaan folk metal band.. songs like Beer Beer and Vakirauta and Wooden Pints are classics

Turisas - gee lets see .. metal meets distorted violins and accordion.. perfect combination.. and they are always dressed like they jsut run out of the caves.. all red with blood like colors and fur as of they just killed a mammoth.

raw raw metal

Turisas was here earlier this year I went to the concert. it wasnt the same as if it were in the open.
the other 2 band dont really tour in the US.

Oomph
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=HA3JqMjQvJg

Korpiklaani
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ZhkLUcKT8
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=XOKbhQbvpPA&feature=related
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-QYbI_suVpM&feature=related

Turisas
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=HpwNJGr8EM4
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzik9Coj29g

Tik

Last edited:

MamaMinnee

tikana said:
okay TOOL is way toooooooo soft for me...I am from extreme heavy metal/speedmetal/thrash metal/industrial metal/symphonic black metal/viking metal .. and NO Metallica is not even on my 200 top list.

Again, I loves me some TOOL and with Venus/Jupiter in fixed, am quite loyal to that dedication.

One thing I noticed with Sun Uranus is that they need to be considered 'alternative' or 'independent,' regardless of circumstance. Like, even if you did enjoy TOOL or Metallica or even the Jonas Brothers, on the extreme, your Sun Uranus would forbid you from admitting it since they are too popular or 'mainstream.' Now, don't go all 'Theo/Tikana on MaCain/Obama' on me; but do you think there is a shred of truth in that?

Out of curiosity, are there any 'well-known and marketed' bands you like?

tikana

MamaMinnee

THEY are well known TO METALHEADS.

A. i dont listen to american music even though i live here
B. You asked a question Music Lovers: Name Your Top 3 not about "do you like TOOL?" YOU DIDNT ASK THAT.. YOU ASKED .. :"Who are your top 3 bands? Astrologically tell me why you think that is." on top of that, Oomph concert was SOLD OUT in NY 1 month before the concert was scheduled. They were performing in Nokia building. They came back 2 weeks later with another concert. Turisas were performing on pegan festival, concert in House of Blues was sold out in LA. Korpiklaaani concert was 80-90% packed. you would not know them CAUSE you are not into METAL! Oomph! invented a new subgenre of metal back in 1993. There are a lot of bands who are being inspired by their music. You woulndt know that cause YOU ARE NOT INTO METAL. Youtube all of these bands take a look how many fans they are out there.
C. You never seen my chart you cant just dump everythign on that conjunction. Metallica is A JOKE! METALLICA IS FOR TODDLERS. Metallica went belly up in 1990 after their replease of album BLACK if you hadnt known that PLUS their shenanigan with Napster.. People lost respect. people go to Metallica concerts are old fans and their shows are great but CONTENT of their songs is KRAP! "One thing I noticed with Sun Uranus is that they need to be considered 'alternative' or 'independent" - my rear end. So tell me how is Sarah Brightman Alternative. How are Boccelli / Angela Gheorghiu and Julia Migenes "alternative"?
the bands you listed are here and one day leave no inprint in music history. THey are just there. They will fade into a distance in a few years and no one will even remember them. Tool WHO?!

DO YOU ACTUALLY KNOW what you are ASKING or are you just clownign around and see if anyone agrees with your music style?

*shudder*
T

gesso

3? ughh :p
I change my mind about what music i want every 5 minutes
But i do spend a huge portion of my time listening to SOMEthing ....
..although, i have been stuck lately on bonobo and amon tobin(http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=SWOzJF0S6PA&feature=related,

perfect circle (passive and outsider http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=nzyNWyZhUS0 ),

and some reallll strange artsy brit stuff(http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FNZq0uMvNXo

...cant forget portishead http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iuUYZJuzie0

and one of t-squares pix..fake empire http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DKWKRMxXB0M

ok so....I'm a venus in aqua :D

Theres actually a thread we have been keeping up here in general chart i beleive, called playlist of the week..tonnes of ppl's picks in there

where is my mind? http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4zP1IjgSO_E

Last edited:

MamaMinnee

tikana said:
THEY are well known TO METALHEADS.
I see, thanks for the clarification. I explained my like for TOOL because I wanted you to give me a similar type of explanation, perhaps more information, not for you to agree or disagree with me. As you can see, other replies were more descriptive and enlightening.
...on top of that, Oomph concert was SOLD OUT in NY 1 month before the concert was scheduled...
No one is questioning their popularity. As a music lover, I was actually curious.
...You never seen my chart you cant just dump everythign on that... conjunction.
I would never ever 'dump,' but your Sun Uranus conjunction is what you mentioned first.
...Metallica is A JOKE! METALLICA IS FOR TODDLERS....
O.K.
...So tell me how is Sarah Brightman Alternative. How are Boccelli / Angela Gheorghiu and Julia Migenes "alternative"?/
I did not refer to them at all.
the bands you listed are here and one day leave no inprint in music history. THey are just there. They will fade into a distance in a few years and no one will even remember them. Tool WHO?!
I respectfully disagree.
DO YOU ACTUALLY KNOW what you are ASKING or are you just clownign around and see if anyone agrees with your music style?
I am well aware of the cognition of my question, as well as your taste and manner of presenting it.

Last edited:

gesso

MamaMinnee said:
Maynard's, the lead singer, Aries Sun sits on my descendant and when he sings in concert, I feel like he is singing directly to me--seriously. If I am the only one standing in my section, then so be it, every song is my song! Also, Maynard is SO strange and notoriously enigmatic--I love strange people--this may be attributed to my singleton Uranus in Libra in the 12th!!! He dresses up like a preacher or a woman, both terribly ugly, for a lot of shows; but with that divine voice {Mercury conjunct Jupiter in Taurus and the Sun + Venus mutually disposed in Gemini}, remains extremely sexy. With my Venus/Jupiter in Scorpio, I need my sexy lead singer!.

ha..thats funny. ....I had the exact same thing happen when i seen maynard live. I wasnt more than a couple metres from him, and i felt like he was just singing to me....lol
What degree is his sun?
I feel the same way about his voice ;) That show transformed me

MamaMinnee

gesso said:
ha..thats funny. ....I had the exact same thing happen when i seen maynard live. I wasnt more than a couple metres from him, and i felt like he was just singing to me....lol... What degree is his sun? I feel the same way about his voice ;) That show transformed me
Gesso, my comrade, his Sun is @ 28 Aries with his Mars its ruling sign of Aries @ 15 degrees. His Moon is in Cancer, although I don't have his birthtime so I cannot accurately determine the degree.

MamaMinnee said:
Hi JS... Can you astrologically tell me why? TX.

Oh great MamaMinee, now I have to THINK, I thought I could get away with just relaxing to music.

Divinyls, I'm on your side. Mercury/Venus opposite Saturn. The troubles I have had in love relationships. Things start off great. The first kiss is always electric, flashes of past life memory, soul union. Spiritually orgasmic karma. I evolve very quickly. So much 9th house, so much karma to work through. My partners eventually get sick of my quest, occult work, they fall behind, I leave them behind. That's "what went wrong". "I'm not the enemy, don't push me away, I won't betray" This is exactly what happens to me. So that it what I did to them.

The Herd, I was only 19. I am a Spiritual Warrior, that's the Yod. Mars on military Regulus. AC on military Dheneb. Some military experience when young. Close connections with Mars men (military, boxers, martial artists, steel workers) with expeience who have taught me. Past life dreams. Premonitions of the future.

Powder Finger, My happiness. This always seemed to be on the radio when I was leaving/moving back with family or lovers, or kids. Or when they were leaving/coming back. Saturn caused me separations. When apart, I imagine being "over there" and being happy. (The guys in Powderfinger used to hang out at the Gabba in Brisbane where I used to live. I think my ex had the same dealer as one of the boys)

Thankyou MamaMinnee, that was healing.

Last edited:

tikana

You asked. I answered. I dont write essays or explain what sparks what in my chart. I just know the aspects and why things happen the way they do in my life. I hardly elaborate on anything if you hadnt noticed

if you watch Korpiklaani and Turisas videos, you would realize they are a bunch of eccentric and nut cases so i am just nuts not eccentric. they have perfect headbanging tunes drinking beer songs even though i dont drink.

as soon as I mentioned Sun/Uranus, you just threw your general idea of what you think it is or noticed. I am not even sure how many people you actually know that have sun/uranus conj but whatever.

and by the way

i posted a quite descriptive straight to the point without too many words in the original post

1. Oomph! - Dero turns my Uranus'madness on
2. Sarah Brightman - turns on my Venus Virgo perfection
3. Korpiklaani and Turisas - turns my sun/uranus conjunction on

what more did you want or expect?
I guess you expected an essay! something like this....
"ohhh when turn on Sarah Brightman's new album, her voice sends shivers through my spine. her perfect voice makes me feel that i should do everything in life as perfectly as she sings. and her charming soprano voice is just enchanting my unaspected debilitated Virgorian Venus.

But when i listen to Turisas/Korpiklaani/Oomph ohhh their madness makes me want to put on viking 2 horn helmet, grab my german stein mug fill in with a beer and headbang and singing my heart out .. totally loosing it up my uranian forces which are normally under control of my saturn square uranus and on a rare occassion are ripped wide open by my desire to go nuts." - you write this stuff for a therapy sessions roflmao

too many words too wierd sorry not me. I get to the point. sorry i dont write them .. i never wrote them even in school.

l8er
T

MamaMinnee said:
I see, thanks for the clarification. I explained my like for TOOL because I wanted you to give me a similar type of explanation, perhaps more information, not for you to agree or disagree with me. As you can see, other replies were more descriptive and enlightening. No one is questioning their popularity. As a music lover, I was actually curious.I would never ever 'dump,' but your Sun Uranus conjunction is what you mentioned first.O.K.
I did not refer to them at all.I respectfully disagree. I am well aware of the cognition of my question, as well as your taste and manner of presenting it.

MamaMinnee

freedomlover said:
Great thread topic, MamaMinnee!
Well, maybe not exactly my all time-top-three, but those that I can describe astrologically:
Led Zeppelin - My Saturn/Eros conjunction in Pisces in the 2nd is what I blame this one on. Much of their music has such an ethereal quality to it- kind of like Enya, in a way - seems very Piscean to me. (Had such a crush on Robert Plant when I was younger) (ok- still do)
Al Stewart - Great Lyricist/storyteller - My Mercury(r) in Sag in the 12th and Jupiter(r) in Gemini in the 6th in mutual reception could listen to him all day.
Mozart - My Chiron in Pisces in 2nd squaring the ruler of my 6th, Mercury in Sag in the 12th HAS to have its Mozart. This is a more recent development, as I've found Mozart (and some other instrumental composers) "instrumental" in soothing my nerves that were constantly on edge of a nervous breakdown for years.
Thanks, FL! I appreciate you pointing out the enormous healing quality in music--I completely agree. On a side note, I heard Led Zepplin may be getting together to tour again, with Mr. Plant, who has been a longtime holdout for decades.

freedomlover

Thanks, FL! I appreciate you pointing out the enormous healing quality in music--I completely agree. On a side note, I heard Led Zepplin may be getting together to tour again, with Mr. Plant, who has been a longtime holdout for decades.

Well, it wouldn't be Led Zeppelin without Mr. Plant, now would it?;)

Sigh..........:)

tsquare

Led Zeppelin
Talking Heads
Arcade Fire

I'd say that as far as bands go those have had the most spins.

others are Dylan, Radiohead, Beck, REM, Bowie, Nirvana, The Doors, Van Morrison, Tom Petty, Patti Smith, Blues Traveler. Hendrix, Beatles(Iknow, I know....some people absolutely either hate or love The Beatles...I'm in between..there are some great melodies there....)...really theres allot more music there that I like...how do you just pick 3? When the Dirty Projectors did a Black Flag cover -Rise Above- I found what I was looking for....havn't listend to much of their stuff.....

But as far as BANDS that have impressed me the most?
AND I MEAN BANDS....
Led Zeppelin...
Talking Heads...
Arcade Fire...

Astrological why?
No clue.

Led Zeppelin I came across literally by accident then went directly to purchasing the 10 disc box set out of BMG.....I had no idea who it was, or what I was getting myself into.....I started listening to them then had some ******* tell me I only did that because they were popular....haha. How can anyone say that, it's just amazing music.....I think some things are popular just because they really are that good....there is some stuff that is like that...there isn't much to it and people like it because their grandma does or whatever....but I really liked this band and I found this guy irritating...then there was the "you must be a pothead" people...and I had to laugh at that as well...I just liked the music, I don't think thats enough for some people.....you have to "fit" somewhere in their little world they create for themselves....Bonham on drums is a monster....then you have Plant....Plant was born for that gig....you don't believe me look at his chart....you'll see.(I wanted to post his chart a while back....never did...) I don't want to go on about them any longer...

Talking Heads.....
maybe for the oddity of it all....it is very odd...but there are some rich soundscapes there as well...much of waht they do is actually very very subtle, and I like that...they layer the tracks so well....and their live performances....look up Live in Rome, Talking heads and the song cities....:)
That whole Live in Rome set impresses me to no end.

Arcade Fire....maybe I just like the fact that they all play each others instruments, sometimes in the middle of sets...there song arrangements are amazing as well....I'm impressed but I don't know allot about them....

I don't get obsessed fanboy crazy.....that's not my kind of thing.....
I may be gluttonous with music....but I'm not obsessed with one form rejecting aberatively another.........I have to avoid some people for this reason......they want to classify your tastes....put you in a box....if you listen to anything outside of what you have told them you liked, then they will become fidgity(laugh).....they say "YOU HAVE CHANGED!:confused::eek:" To which I say...."uhhh...yeah" I never really know what to say......some people are weird...I never know what to say in a situation like that.....some people get really shocked.....people can be really prejudgmental about nearly anything....I always avoided identy roles in highschool....that may be a 12thH type of thing.....But I don't know....
When we recieved our little handouts to fill out before graduation on what you favorite color was, and what your favorite song was...I didn't turn mine in....it irritated me that I would have to pick a favorite color...I like em all...I recieved a responce that "you don't know who you are" or soemthing like that..and I thought.."yes I do...I like them all...but am I really the sum of the things I like and dislike, and are those never supposed to change?"
It seems to irritate people when they do...