potent blue moon falling directly on your natal sun?

scorpio012

Hello Everyone,
I just joined your site and I have very little experience with Astrology, but I'm hoping to learn with your help. The question I have now is the meaning of what I had written in the title box, "a potent blue moon is falling directly on your natal sun"? What does that really mean in terms of someone's emotions and what can one expect in their life when this happens? I know my question will sound extremely elementary to you all and I apologize, but someone who is extremely familiar with all things astrological has told me this recently and because of my lack of experience and knowledge they didn't think I would understand. Thank you for any help you can give me and it will be appreciated.

Osamenor

Staff member
What do you mean by blue moon?

The normal definition of blue moon is two full moons in the same calendar month. Those full moons are always in different signs. For two of them to fit into the same calendar month, one of them has to be in the first two or three days of the month and the other has to be during the last two or three days. The full moon is always in the sign opposite the one the sun is in, and the sun always changes signs late in the third week or early in the fourth week of the month, so the second full moon occurs in the next sign. This October, the first full moon was in Aries (opposite sun in Libra) and the second was in Taurus (opposite sun in Scorpio).

That's not any more significant, astrologically, than any other full moon. Having a full moon right on your sun is significant, though. It shines extra light on sun topics, the topics of the house your sun is in, and the topics of the house it rules.

There can also be astrological blue moons: two consecutive full moons in the same sign. But those don't meet the usual definition of blue moon, because they don't fall in the same calendar month. For that to happen, the first of those full moons has to occur immediately after the sun changes signs and the second right before the sun changes signs again. That puts them in different calendar months.

Last edited: