Depression and anxiety in the natal chart

Cary2

Banned
I think it comes from two sources astrologically. Ascendant is square to the Moon/Saturn midpoint, and that draws in the square from Mercury/Saturn midpoint.

Plus Venus squares the Saturn/Neptune midpoint. This pulls the Uranus/Neptune/Saturn group closer in effect. That would tend to be depressed and anxious. The square of Venus to Saturn and the nearness of Saturn to Neptune tends to make the Saturn/Neptune midpoint sensitive.

Moon/Saturn, Mercury/Saturn, and Saturn/Neptune will often stimulate depression.

kshantaram

Premium Member
All planets practically between the Nodes rahu-ketu;

ketu separative SNode has recently completed one cycle over all the planets the past 12yrs causing
detachments, pain-injury-surgery;

Natal ketu leo 8th, high self-pride, accident prone, pain-injury-surgery heart-stomach-urologicals-piles etc;
Prayers to Christ, offer red flowers sun mornings;

Rahu NNode now transiting planets one by now, clouding-delaying things;

Rahu now heading towards natal sun gemini 6th; hyper-analytical, confused at decision making; wins over with the power of personality,
good at business analytics, sun lord 8th over 6th success amidst adversity; wear ruby over pendant touching heart;

Natal rahu acq 2nd, earnings from foreign sources; reformist; foreign languages;

Mars lord 4th negating to the 3rd pisces, negating mother-native place;
emotionally aggressive, rash, accident prone'; sun-mars square prone to be hyper-energetic and anger issues;
wear red coral over copper pendant touching heart;
mars 3rd good for initiative and progress while strained sibling relationships; jup trine aspect pisces protective however;

Gemini-lord mercury 7h inimical-malefic for sag ascendant,

inimical mercury with elevated moon taurus 5th,
poetic, creative, stubborn, gains from spouse but under stress-delay;
spouse of choice; stress-delays in luck-education-romance-children-position;
heart-stomach-throat-thyroid-teeth under stress;
wear green emerald over pendant touching heart;

Saturn cap 2nd ambitious and hardworking, earnings in distant lands; aptitude for mechancis, event management etc;
jup-sat opp, misjudgments and missed opportunities to take care;

jup debilated aspect over sat cap 2nd for family-finances-speech-education; observe fast sat evenings;
wear blue sapphire over steel pendant touching heart; prayers to Mother Goddess sat evenings.

Ascendant lord jup elevated cancer 7th, growth through advisory-teaching knowledge based roles;
jupiter over inimical gemini cusp, liver issues;

Sag ascendant ambitious, impulsive, sportive, optimistic;
wear yellow sapphire over pendant touching heart for overall protection;
prayers to saint of faith, offer yellow flowers Mon evenings;

hope inputs enable reflections, do care share how true-insightful traits-talents-health-life trends-remedies etc etc,

wishing you well,

JYOTISHBHUSHAN SHANTARAM
www.shantaram.online

Last edited:

Harmelia

I've had depression and anxiety disorder since I was 13-14 years old (I'm 30 now). I have black and white thinking and also anger management issues. Sometimes I feel like I can't take it anymore. Could someone please take a look at my natal chart? I would like to understand what may cause those problems? Thank you for advance!

I will discuss the cause, but also look for some ways out of this.

Capricorn and Saturn are often culprits for depression, and you have Saturn in Capricorn in the 2nd house of self-concept - self-worth. You will naturally have a bit of a melancholy disposition. The ruler of your Sag rising and your entire chart is Jupiter. It's found in Cancer in the 7th - conjunct Chiron - the wounded healer. Here, we know that you are given to expand (Jupiter) into the feeling world (Cancer) - and in the house of relationships. You probably focus a lot of your feeling self in having a good relationship - but you may have trouble in that department. So this can be depressing.

Cancer is a very very very sensitive sign. It can be too sensitive - and feelings can be too overwhelming. On the negative side, Cancer can be too involved in one's own needs and wants instead of getting outside of oneself and gaining other perspectives. Then with Moon/Mercury semi-sqaure Mars in Pisces in the 3rd house, your imagination can go wild with thoughts that circle around and go nowhere. Mars in Pisces along with the Gemini Sun in 6th, can give an anxious feeling because here, things can spin out of control. That Mars in Pisces, 3rd house could also you expressing your anger.

Gemini Sun can also be mentally hyper-active and in 6th house, can give you a victim feel.

Taurus Moon-Mercury - makes you think about your feelings a lot. You don't separate out your thoughts and feelings easily. In Taurus, you actually desire things to be simple and easy. You don't want to deal with life's complexity - and that makes it worse - because life is complex and messy and definitely not easy. It doesn't stop a Taurus from wanting it that way though.

It doesn't have to be this way though. These are the negative sides of these signs and houses. All planets, signs and houses can give positive or negative qualities. Most of us do a mix of both positive and negative. But sometimes we can get caught in a negative feedback loop.

Pluto in Scorpio in the 11th asks you to get out of yourself and your own world and look at other people's suffering, pain and sorry. Understand how they are dealing with their emotions. The way out for you is to begin to help others. Your Sun is in the 6th house of service - and you truly need to be of service. You need to work on being more independent of others as well - to begin entertaining the thought that you don't need other people to help you, but to see yourself helping them - and that you have the capacity to be strong and brave instead of helpless before your feelings.

Your Venus in Aries in the 4th tells me that you indeed have the capacity to be strong and independent - or at least support for it. Your way out is through empathizing with others, understanding them, helping them, and learning about yourself and your capacity through them.

With your Cancer Jupiter, it'd be good to find a way to protect yourself emotionally - to be a little more cautious in relationships - without cutting yourself off all together. This may be another little piece that needs to be put in place. You need to allow yourself a little defensiveness so that you can more easily separate yourself out from others. You need to be empathetic with others but you also need to have good boundaries and know your limits.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful. It's difficult to address something like this on a forum, so if you want to visit my website and book a session for a small donation, we can discuss this over Skype.

Last edited: