how does the sun effect intellectual skills ?

astro485

There is an agreement that Sun aspect to Uranus gives good skills in
astrology fo example conjunction which is seen in many astrologers charts
or a trine so my question is how does Sun interact with Uranus
and what is the difference in intellectual skills , andvantages and disadvantages of
Sun Uranus aspect and aspect of Uranus to Mercury and Uranus to Moon
generally and specifically in the field of astrology ?

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

To me, a sun-Uranus connection just suggests you either enjoy your uniqueness or have trouble enjoying and/or expressing it based on the aspect.

If the sun is in your 3rd or 9th house, that would say a little more about your intellect, but I would think Mercury and whatever it touches would paint a bigger or more defined picture.

katydid

I have an exact Trine from Mercury in Scorpio to Uranus in Cancer in my 3rd. I have always believed it helped me learn Astrology at a young age.

One of my favourite Astrologers, Bob Marks, describes Uranus aspects pretty succinctly:

https://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/aspectsuranus.htm

Uranus can make other planets function crazily...

Uranus Aspecting the Sun: Gives independence and the desire to do things "differently". When positive, brilliance to the point of genius. When negative, it can make you an eccentric who delights in shocking people, or just plain crazy.

Uranus Aspecting Mercury: Give a mind that is attracted to the new and unusual.

This combination increases brilliance, flashes of genius. According to C.E.O.Carter, the harmonious aspects (60 and 120 degrees, the sextile and the trine) are common in the horoscopes of astrologers. Well, I have a trine, at any rate.
[edited quote over 100 words against Forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

VirgoMoon

I have an exact sextile from Uranus (6th house saggitarius) to my Sun (Aquarius 8th house). Mercury conjuncts my sun in the 8th house. I have a strong interest in in-depth psychology. I just recently got into astrology, so not sure if I’m a natural :tongue:, but I see astrology as a part of my puzzle to understand the human mind (or at least my own :sideways:). I think differently compared to most people around me but that also makes me quite successful in my job. It took me a while to accept it though.

CapAquaPis

The noon-time ascendant natal chart places the Sun usually in 9th and 10th houses (either the Sagittarian hard-work and Capricornian scientific). On mine where the ASC is 15' Gemini (my birthdate Feb 15, 1980 with sun and moon in 8th-2:20pm when the ASC is 17' Cancer) places the sun in the 9th house. And Aquarians may be ideal for white-collar academia careers, I tend to perform manual and low-wage jobs in my adult life. In my regular natal, Mercury is in it's fall (13' Pisces in 9th) close to the Sun/Moon square Scorpio in Uranus, a sign of a mental and intellectual disability (I have mild/high-functioning autism).

Cary2

Banned
Rob Hand, in his book Horoscope Symbols says that he has found no reliable astrological indicator for intelligence. He points out that Mercury aspects have failed to do so consistently in his experience.

Another prominent astrologer, Charles Carter, also lamented that Mercury aspects ought to describe intelligence, but they do not. Carter felt that intelligence was increased by aspects between Sun and Mars, Uranus or Jupiter.

I agree with Carter about the Sun aspects. I agree with Hand that Mercury aspects frequently fail to indicate intelligence, but I also note how often certain Mercury aspects are common in intelligent people.

It is so common that I tend to assume that promising Mercury/Uranus aspects frequently suggest brilliance and the capacity to understand advanced or esoteric subjects.

Though it can fail sometimes, Mercury/Jupiter suggests a well-read, scholarly mind with an encyclopedic memory and a large capacity to understand.

Mercury/Pluto is shrewd and piercing and convincing.

Mercury/Saturn can go either way. As in the case of Einstein, it showed his problems in early education as well as his intellectual achievements, and also a one-track mind.

Ebertin thought Mercury/Uranus aspects were most reliable to describe an astrologer, especially Mercury/Uranus midpoints that were in aspect to Asc or Mc.

Seymour-Smith suggested that Sun/Uranus suggested either an absurd person or a genius.

Jiri

There is an agreement that Sun aspect to Uranus gives good skills in
astrology fo example conjunction which is seen in many astrologers charts
or a trine so my question is how does Sun interact with Uranus
and what is the difference in intellectual skills , andvantages and disadvantages of
Sun Uranus aspect and aspect of Uranus to Mercury and Uranus to Moon
generally and specifically in the field of astrology ?

The Sun is generally an energy which enables us to find a sense and to be looking for a sense. It means sense in life, in sciences, in situations, in relationships etc...just in everything.

Therefore the Sun makes you to consider everything, examine it and orient yourself and thus develops your intellectual ability because you couldn't do these things without intellect. Intellect is our tool for examining, searching, measuring, valuing etc.

The lack of Sun's energy or it's improper use currently happens on social level as postmodern way of thinking which lacks a sense and it could be called stupid. The manifestation of planet's energy in a bad way is called a demonic manifestation and in Sun's case it is the Noon Demon who stands behind this energy. That's the reason why anyone these days can call themselves what they want, name their gender how they want and basically be very subjective without any objectivity...it all is accepted officially and this lack of objectivity and maximum of subjectivity is manifestation of an improper Sun energy.

On individual's life lack of Sun means that they are not able to see a deeper sense in their life and it usually starts to be obvious between 28-42 years. This was in history called Acedia - one of deadly sins and it means not caring much about anything as the person can't see a sense in it.

Then there is Mercury which is a modulator of Sun's energy and it has a huge relation to how clever you are. And the modulator couldn't work without it's source which is the Sun and it implies that a stronger placement of the Sun gives a stronger energy to Mercury and therefore boosts intellect.

Witchyone

To me, a sun-Uranus connection just suggests you either enjoy your uniqueness or have trouble enjoying and/or expressing it based on the aspect.

If the sun is in your 3rd or 9th house, that would say a little more about your intellect, but I would think Mercury and whatever it touches would paint a bigger or more defined picture.

The first paragraph here resonates with me. I have sun trine Uranus as well as moon trine Uranus. I've had the feeling that I thought differently than most people around me as long as I can remember. At times this has caused distress and other times I've derived pride from it. With my family of origin I have tended to keep a lot of thoughts to myself to avoid sounding "big-headed". I grew up in a place that was suspicious of too much education or thinking for oneself outside of the commonly held political and religious views. I had to leave to establish who I was.

Bunraku

The first paragraph here resonates with me. I have sun trine Uranus as well as moon trine Uranus. I've had the feeling that I thought differently than most people around me as long as I can remember. At times this has caused distress and other times I've derived pride from it. With my family of origin I have tended to keep a lot of thoughts to myself to avoid sounding "big-headed". I grew up in a place that was suspicious of too much education or thinking for oneself outside of the commonly held political and religious views. I had to leave to establish who I was.

Sounds like small town person leaves to go to college in a city - vibes

Witchyone

Sounds like small town person leaves to go to college in a city - vibes

Yeah, that common coming of age story was part of my own experience.

Unlike the movies and books where such things take place, I didn't just learn to express my ideas confidently to the applause of all and live happily ever after, though. It has remained one of the areas in life where I sometimes thrive and sometimes struggle, sometimes face acceptance and sometimes condemnation.

waybread

My Aquarian sun trines Uranus in Gemini on my midheaven.

Uranus is the modern ruler of astrology. Mercury is the traditional ruler. I have Mercury and Uranus in mutual reception.

If I woke up one morning and found out I was just like everybody else, I would shoot myself.

[Just kidding....]

AstroPunter86

The Sun gives intelligence in the sense that "seeing is believing". The Sun illuminates, sheds light, allowing you to see. Sun/Uranus aspect may mean that you focus your (mental) sight towards Uranian subjects.

Ragismund

After a long experience in astrology, I would say that the first and often the biggest problem is that there are unfounded arguments, opinions turned to knowledge, traditional proverbs, even in the interpretation of planetary aspects. Somebody somewhere sets in motion a nice-sounding interpretation of one or two sentences, and it starts going around the world. Nobody questions it for a long time, if ever.

Ok, here are my own two sentence simplifications of Mercury aspects:

Mercury/Sun: it helps create convictional speeches and opinions that are presented in weighty and authoritarian ways. Someone who has seen the truth.

Mercury/Moon: knowledge, information flows in and out, diverse interests can get in the way of focusing on something in depth. Learning abilities are often good, sometimes excellent.

Mercury/Venus: writing and speaking are looking for a beautiful form, a subtle way of saying things. Often the sign of a very talkative person who likes to entertain and amuse others.

Mercury/Mars: Traditionally known as the sign of the critical mind. Skeptical, pushy and averse to complexities. Straight talk and argumentation can turn into critical aggression.

Mercury/Jupiter: The need to gain appreciation for one's mindset by pursuing academic degrees or accumulating knowledge for one's library. The person wants to speak and write about important issues.

Mercury/Saturn: A serious mind that wants to gain certainty about things and about what is true. Sometimes the mind is very abstract, in which case mathematics and logic, for example, become important. Science is based a lot on reduction and that’s where Saturn is powerful.

Mercury/Uranus: Interested in "heavenly things", space, astronomy, astrology – yes they are half-brothers – new technical inventions and technological advancement. Sometimes illuminating mind-set, but it depends - well, of everything else.

Mercury/Neptune: At best in creative pursuits where you can use your mind freely relaying in your imagination intuitive flashes. Often indicates a mind that understands symbols, metaphors, allusions and the power to enhance the world by verbal images – poetry.

Mercury/Pluto: There is power of coercive language, sometimes manipulative techniques to get the knowledge you want. The mind is able to dive deep into psyche’s subconscious processes. This all can be used to one’s own advantage, even to unscrupulously using other people or to unravel the unconscious secrets in order to help to heal psychological wounds.

Whatever we say about how a certain aspect works, you never “get there”; there are countless variations how the aspects express themselves in a particular chart. That’s why astrology never tells “the Truth”. Sure, it opens up endless series of possibilities, which can manifest in the structure of human nature and character, but not with absolute sense. Astrology is a science of uncertainty. Every detail in the chart (such as Mercury/Uranus aspect) depends on everything else in the chart. Therefore my motto is: The context rules.

You like numbers? Which is more conducive to astrology, Mercury/Uranus aspects or Mercury/Saturn aspects? Here’s Mercury/Saturn and Mercury/Uranus main aspects in a tiny database (129 items) consisting astrological professionals, students and amateurs alike.

Mercury/Saturn: 0= 6, 45= 4, 60= 9, 90= 7, 120= 16, 135=8, 150= 7, 180=4, in total: 61/129

Mercury/Uranus 0= 4, 45=6, 60= 6, 90= 12, 120= 8, 135=8, 150= 5, 180=11, in total: 60/129

Orbs:
0,180,90,120 = 8 degree, 45,60,135,150, 3,5 degree.

Forgive my existence, sorry taking space on this planet.

Humanitarian

After a long experience in astrology, I would say that the first and often the biggest problem is that there are unfounded arguments, opinions turned to knowledge, traditional proverbs, even in the interpretation of planetary aspects. Somebody somewhere sets in motion a nice-sounding interpretation of one or two sentences, and it starts going around the world. Nobody questions it for a long time, if ever.

Ok, here are my own two sentence simplifications of Mercury aspects:

Mercury/Sun: it helps create convictional speeches and opinions that are presented in weighty and authoritarian ways. Someone who has seen the truth.

Mercury/Moon: knowledge, information flows in and out, diverse interests can get in the way of focusing on something in depth. Learning abilities are often good, sometimes excellent.

Mercury/Venus: writing and speaking are looking for a beautiful form, a subtle way of saying things. Often the sign of a very talkative person who likes to entertain and amuse others.

Mercury/Mars: Traditionally known as the sign of the critical mind. Skeptical, pushy and averse to complexities. Straight talk and argumentation can turn into critical aggression.

Mercury/Jupiter: The need to gain appreciation for one's mindset by pursuing academic degrees or accumulating knowledge for one's library. The person wants to speak and write about important issues.

Mercury/Saturn: A serious mind that wants to gain certainty about things and about what is true. Sometimes the mind is very abstract, in which case mathematics and logic, for example, become important. Science is based a lot on reduction and that’s where Saturn is powerful.

Mercury/Uranus: Interested in "heavenly things", space, astronomy, astrology – yes they are half-brothers – new technical inventions and technological advancement. Sometimes illuminating mind-set, but it depends - well, of everything else.

Mercury/Neptune: At best in creative pursuits where you can use your mind freely relaying in your imagination intuitive flashes. Often indicates a mind that understands symbols, metaphors, allusions and the power to enhance the world by verbal images – poetry.

Mercury/Pluto: There is power of coercive language, sometimes manipulative techniques to get the knowledge you want. The mind is able to dive deep into psyche’s subconscious processes. This all can be used to one’s own advantage, even to unscrupulously using other people or to unravel the unconscious secrets in order to help to heal psychological wounds.

Whatever we say about how a certain aspect works, you never “get there”; there are countless variations how the aspects express themselves in a particular chart. That’s why astrology never tells “the Truth”. Sure, it opens up endless series of possibilities, which can manifest in the structure of human nature and character, but not with absolute sense. Astrology is a science of uncertainty. Every detail in the chart (such as Mercury/Uranus aspect) depends on everything else in the chart. Therefore my motto is: The context rules.

You like numbers? Which is more conducive to astrology, Mercury/Uranus aspects or Mercury/Saturn aspects? Here’s Mercury/Saturn and Mercury/Uranus main aspects in a tiny database (129 items) consisting astrological professionals, students and amateurs alike.

Mercury/Saturn: 0= 6, 45= 4, 60= 9, 90= 7, 120= 16, 135=8, 150= 7, 180=4, in total: 61/129

Mercury/Uranus 0= 4, 45=6, 60= 6, 90= 12, 120= 8, 135=8, 150= 5, 180=11, in total: 60/129

Orbs: 0,180,90,120 = 8 degree, 45,60,135,150, 3,5 degree.

Forgive my existence, sorry taking space on this planet.
60 (Sextile) is more wide in orb than that, because it can be felt, even at a 5°30' orb!