What would your ideal guy/girl be like ?

obsidianmineral

Omg, stop hating on the the signs. All signs are good and bad in their own ways. I love all the signs and appreciate the different things they bring to the table.

If we're gonna be technical and speak strictly from the most objective point of view instead of giving opinions, the best sign depends on the natal chart itself. There are many factors that play into the way a sign functions during a chart. No chart will ever be presented where signs are expressed as pure as possible. Hence, the ruler of a sign and its position determines the expression to a point.

Let's say for example you've got Sun in Leo, which should be the best placement for the Sun. However you're looking at a night chart. Then you compare it with a Sun in Aries, which should be a great position for the planet that is better than in Leo in some places, but still can't compare to a Sun in Leo. However, the Aries Sun is in a day chart. Therefore, the Sun is more powerful and is expressed better in the second chart, considering triplicity helps the planet. So a planet can be better in some places. Considering essential dignities only, it's best to have it either in Leo during the day or Aries during the day in its second face (10º-20º). In these places of the zodiac the planet has the same essential dignity.

That would be the way in which the planet can express itself with the most freedom or the purest way possible. If you wanted to rate it basing yourself on how beneficial and productive, the point mentioned above is important, but a good aspect from a benefic is always super helpful. So, given these conditions, a planet can be beneficial depending on its aspects.

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Aries is cool. My Mars sits there in all its Marsy glory.

Okay, this is a chart I wouldn't want to be around.

Regulus on ascendant, Conjunct out of sect Jupiter, opposite OSM Saturn in Aquarius.

Mars opposite Moon from Capricorn to Cancer.

Mercury rx in Virgo combust.

Hmm, not too bad a chart. Could've done worse.

obsidianmineral

Aries is cool. My Mars sits there in all its Marsy glory.

Okay, this is a chart I wouldn't want to be around.

Regulus on ascendant, Conjunct out of sect Jupiter, opposite OSM Saturn in Aquarius.

Mars opposite Moon from Capricorn to Cancer.

Mercury rx in Virgo combust.

Hmm, not too bad a chart. Could've done worse.

Sounds like the chart of someone who could be hitting themselves against a wall their entire life and not realize their fixed attitude. The Jupiter in Leo conjunct Regulus may give them optimism, passion and ego, which I'm sure Saturn will destroy at some point.

Chrysalis

If you're going to hate on Aries then hate on Leo as well. They're pretty much just as irritating but in different areas. One is irritating due to impatience and aggressiveness, while the other is irritating due to its mostly false ego and extreme selfishness. This is why I think the best fire sign is Sagittarius. (Even though I'm an Aries myself)

Sagg are not too bad, i just can't stand Aries anything, i find them too superficial and selfish....none of these qualities i am.

obsidianmineral

The main reason i dnt mind Leo's is because they are fun, and im playful and fun myself so....we all need some Leo in our lives :biggrin:

Aries and Leo are meant to be a lot like each other, so I don't get this. Leos are meant to be selfish and aggressive like Aries. Sounds like you've met unpleasant Aries people which doesn't mean the sign is bad. You said you disliked selfish and superficial people, and that's just what Aries and Leos are. I'm an Aries myself and I openly admit it.

Leos are obviously the best

That's what a Leo would think.

AquarianRising

I'll do you one better than listing planets I'd like in particular placements -- I'll post the natal chart of my best-possible (hypothetical) match. 100% compatibility index, according to one site's calculator:

Natal%20Chart%20-%20My%20Match.png

theV

I don't what my ideal partner would be like, but I can tell you what interaction I have with other signs:

Aries; for most part, I feel Aries are fascinated with me at initial meeting. Most of the part I share intellectual exchange with Aries. This is mostly Aries occupies my 9th house. I find myself discussing various topics with Aries. I also noticed some Aries I meet are university teachers (9th house). I don't see Aries as much as an Ideal partner for me because they can be selfish. But they are ok as friend.

Leo: My ascendant is in Leo so I tend to share similar energy with Leo. Maybe at first there isn't much chemistry, but I think Leos grow fond of me with time. I think they appreciate my intellect, purity and optimism.

Saggitarius: They are very much attracted to me. I think saggitarius are fascinated with my virgoan side of purity and servitude. Plus I have a bundle of Saggitarius in my chart. Moon conjunct Jupiter in Saggitarius. I could sense some saggy wanting to pursue love with me.

Capricorn: I also noticed Cappy are attracted to me. I find capricorn too harsh and critical for me. I can bear them but sometimes I can't. I feel there is growth in the partnership.

Taurus: I am attracted to Taurus a lot. I find them attractive. However, I find them sometimes boring and dull.

AquarianRising

Aries and Leo are meant to be a lot like each other, so I don't get this. Leos are meant to be selfish and aggressive like Aries. (...) You said you disliked selfish and superficial people, and that's just what Aries and Leos are.

I wouldn't necessarily say either Leo or Aries, as a pure archetype, is superficial. Certainly not Aries, and what you refer to in Leo as "superficiality" is simply the negative manifestation of that archetypes image-consciousness. An awareness of how one presents oneself, when used positively, actually lends a person more presence, which can enable them to lead by example. It's all a matter of how the Lion in question decides to show off, y'know? And Aries is too impatient to be superficial; superficiality takes time and cultivation, which Aries would rather spend doing something more physical or active. Besides that, Leo is less inclined to aggression (albeit, as a fire sign, it's more than capable of putting up a fight) which I think is what she was talking about.

obsidianmineral

Why are people obsessed with Scorpio? I've got a planet in Scorpio and don't think it's the best energy ever. Aren't Scorpios meant to be twisted and shady?

It's not Venus in Scorpio though, so I'm not a god.

AquarianRising

To put it more succinctly than an entire natal chart, what I want is a gal who is loyal and fun and not full of herself. And since that specific combination of traits is in short supply... :crying:

Unfortunately, intelligence, empathy, responsibility, and spontaneity don't mix well as core personality tenets, which is probably why the chart I posted has so many hard aspects. :sideways: