Condition of natal Jupiter

Aaronmcc11

Thus far I haven't had a chance to delve too deeply into Traditional astrology as far as delinating a planets "condition".

What would a traditional astrologer say that the condition of my Jupiter is?
I honestly have a hard time being objective about it's placement so any insight would be appreciated.

sethi

Thus far I haven't had a chance to delve too deeply into Traditional astrology as far as delinating a planets "condition".

What would a traditional astrologer say that the condition of my Jupiter is?
I honestly have a hard time being objective about it's placement so any insight would be appreciated.

Your 5th, 7th, 9th and 12th house are afflicted as per my understanding.

Regarding jupiter, I basically see you are lucky in some matters.

And please also note that jupiter is weak in capricorn, generally. There is about 2 years to your saturn return too, when T saturn will contact your natal saturn and then go on to meet mars in your chart. So this time will not be very good for you

However T jupiter both this year and the next are good for you.

your partner could be one with a change able temperament and a quick temper.

she may just might be older to you

Aaronmcc11

Hey Sethi, thanks for the response.
Are you basing that off the chart in my signature (Tropical, Placidus Houses)?

Your 5th, 7th, 9th and 12th house are afflicted as per my understanding.

I'm not really familiar with traditional techniques. Would you mind explaining what conditions show you these houses are afflicted?

Regarding jupiter, I basically see you are lucky in some matters.
And please also note that jupiter is weak in capricorn, generally.

Right, in it's fall. The interpretations I've read of Jupiter in Cap generally don't sit well with me. I only work hard at work because I have to, I'm lazy at heart.. I hate the corporate ladder (even though I work for a large corp).. I have no business sense whatsoever.. I'm disorganized.. I don't put much weight into the idea that the more financially secure I am, the better I am as a person.. my belief systems and my personal faith are worlds away from Capricorn's values.

So I'm looking to Traditional for some answers.. Modern obviously shows an out of sign conjunction to Neptune in Sag (which explains a lot for me) but I still feel that there's something about the Jupiter placement I don't know about.

There is about 2 years to your saturn return too, when T saturn will contact your natal saturn and then go on to meet mars in your chart. So this time will not be very good for you

Not very good? I must disagree with you on that point. I've had my head in the clouds for 27 years dude.. so whatever happens during my Saturn return is EXACTLY what I need. I could use some structure and discipline and all that good ol' Saturn stuff that I've been avoiding for my whole life. Actually, when Saturn crossed my Sun/Ascendant it was wonderful.. I actually buckled down a little and quit partying so much. Now I'm pretty much sober (pretty much), so I'm looking forward to this upcoming phase of increased responsibility and structure testing stuff. Whatever isn't working will be left and substituted with what does work. I already can barely pay my bills which are getting larger, so the fun has already begun.

For me though.. honestly, it not even about money and work. That stuff is important obviously, but it's not like Saturn in Scorpio is ever going to be "grounded" so I might as well face the fact that there are more important restructurings in my life that are going to take place.. like internal restructuring. Home.. what does "home" really mean to me? I think I'm probably going to find that out.

your partner could be one with a change able temperament and a quick temper.
she may just might be older to you

The first one is WAYYYY more accurate. :lol:

Right, in it's fall. The interpretations I've read of Jupiter in Cap generally don't sit well with me. I only work hard at work because I have to, I'm lazy at heart.. I hate the corporate ladder (even though I work for a large corp).. I have no business sense whatsoever.. I'm disorganized.. I don't put much weight into the idea that the more financially secure I am, the better I am as a person.. my belief systems and my personal faith are worlds away from Capricorn's values.

So I'm looking to Traditional for some answers.. Modern obviously shows an out of sign conjunction to Neptune in Sag (which explains a lot for me) but I still feel that there's something about the Jupiter placement I don't know about.

that's due to neptune's influences, which Tradition Astrologers don't use the 'outer planets' Uranus Neptune and pluto..

you can follow this lenghty debate here

are outer planets generational or personal
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39021

now Jupiter/neptune are well aspected and involved in a kite configuration. We could say these two in capricorn/earth element need practial outlets for religious, spiritual matters

Ruler of the Eighth House in the Fifth House
Your dreams can manifest as creative abilities. A major transformation towards your approach to life can be stimulated by your children or children in general. You have intense feelings about love and you could have a deeply intimate bonding experience with a lover.

http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm#hr8

this should take onl more relevence as in traditional astrology pisces rules Jupiter but Neptune rules pisces in Modern astrology so no differences there....

ruler of 5th in 5th could suggest this is where you expand 'jupiter' into 5th house matters, also with neptune there lots of over idealising and rose tinted glasses

Aaronmcc11

Thanks astrologer50,

that's due to neptune's influences, which Tradition Astrologers don't use the 'outer planets' Uranus Neptune and pluto..

I am aware that Traditional Astrologers don't use the outers. So I understand that it may be Neptune's conjunction which accounts for me not feeling like a Jupiter in Capricorn. Hence, "I'm looking to Traditional for some answers.. Modern obviously shows an out of sign conjunction to Neptune in Sag (which explains a lot for me) but I still feel that there's something about the Jupiter placement I don't know about." Something which might explain this inconsistency, with Neptune being put aside momentarily. If there isn't something which explains it without Neptune.. that explains something else, which is that it IS Neptune.

What I'm really looking for here is one a few things:

1) Confirmation that I actually AM like a Jupiter in Capricorn and I just didn't know it (either because of a poor understanding of the Jupiter in Capricorn principle, or because I just don't see that part of myself clearly, probably because of Neptune).

2) Confirmation that Traditional Astrology works just fine without considering the influence of the Trans-Saturnians. This would be confirmed by the revealing of a chart factor other than an outer which sufficiently explains why I don't feel like Jupiter in Capricorn matches. (Sidereal isn't the answer either.. I'm definitely not a Cancer Sun-Capricorn Moon).

3) Confirmation that it IS, in fact, Neptune which is creating this effect, which would be confirmed by the revealing of the fact that there is no other chart (or personal) factor which could explain this incompatibility.

Last edited:
Well (as you know) I can't speak from Trad view but

1) Confirmation that I actually AM like a Jupiter in Capricorn and I just didn't know it (either because of a poor understanding of the Jupiter in Capricorn principle, or because I just don't see that part of myself clearly, probably because of Neptune).

to me it's very clear, your Jupiter does NOT behave like it should due to Neptune's influences.
Remember planets are modified by signs, where they express are houses and how the express are *aspects*