What’s the Deal with Sagittarius and Taurus?

Kuntuzangmo

Mmm, I will just respond to your initial question regading sag and taur. As a sag I can tell you that the hard time I have with Taureans is that they are the most earth of the earth signs. This translates in my experience as these natives primarily dealing with life in terms of the material world. I know it's hard to generalize, but this has been my experience. If someone cannot relate to the world from any other perspective, that really drives me nuts.
And I'm sure there are sag/taur duos who get a long fine.

Frisiangal

alovelytune said:
I'm interested in a Sagittarius guy...... ...important to give a Sagittarius space,......... but I just want to make sure, that if I'm putting in effort here, he wont just one day up and and leave me in the dust!

Well; there's your immediate problem. Taurus wants security. 'Don't Fence Me In' must have been written by a wandering Sagittarian of a cowboy, who only tends and leads the cattle to safe ground before moving on himself.:biggrin:
There will always be a 'let's go'- 'stay, sit' mechanism between Sag. and Taurus that can be a long-term help or hinderance in a relationship between them. You are both still young enough to be living through the pleasure you find in each other's company, than through any compatibility of sun sign. Enjoy it and see whether l-o-v-e grows for other reasons than your own desire for security. At the moment any
commitment that Taurus seeks could seem like a ring through the nose that keeps Sagittarius bound to one place.

Says one within a 45 year Taurus-Sagittarius relationship. Which has never been easy......for both.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

adrianastrologer

I've always read that Taurus and Sagittarius are psychological opposites. Sagittarius really wants to be free and travel the world, or travel to different places in the mind -it wants to go somewhere. Taurus needs a lot of coaxing to move, to get up, to change. Sag is a masculine, mutable sign, and Taurus is considered feminine and fixed. Air and fire go together, and water and Earth, but Earth and Fire are a little tricky. Sagittarius is like "I just bought a new dress, let's go out tonight!" and Taurus is like, "We went out last month. Let's stay home, pop some popcorn, and watch a movie."

MSO

Don't know about Sagittarius, but as a Libra I can't bear to be with a Taurus.

"Taurus needs a lot of coaxing to move, to get up, to change." Oh God, unfortunately! There's nothing worse than waiting for a Taurus.

Here's a typical date with my last one (yes, there were many for some reason...):

6pm we leave. Well, actually 7:15 because it took her an hour to get dressed. We walk to the movie theater, only 3 blocks away, took us about 25 minutes. Its a ten minute walk. Then we get into the viewing theater and realize its the wrong one, we went 3D instead of normal. She's too lazy to get up, she says. Forget it. So we watched half a 3D movie without 3D glasses because she didn't feel like moving. Until I lifted her out of her seat, she wouldn't budge. Then she wanted popcorn. Would NOT give up on it. She wanted the biggest tub of popcorn they got, and we only had half a movie to watch.

Somehow it took us longer to get home with her carrying that big tub of popcorn. And in case you're wondering, this girl isn't big/fat. Oh no, very lean. Though strangely heavy.

So yeah, I'm sure you can implant that onto a Sagittarius. Should be pretty much how they view them. Haha.

adrianastrologer

MSO,

That is a horror story, but hilarious. I'm actually Taurus, Taurus rising, and it's true, we would probably eat the planet if we were hungry enough, and we don't like to budge if we're comfortable. But watching a 3D movie without glasses, that's just pathological. I would have left her *** right there, popcorn and all. Still, if you have a Taurus on your side, and you're in trouble, you're in good shape, because I know that same part of my fixed nature gives me the strength to walk through a wall, and I mean that, if someone I loved was in trouble and needed my help. Maybe the idea is to a trick a Taurus by luring them away with food, like "I'll feed you if we leave on time." I have to admit, I can be very late if I'm not "feeling the vibe." I'm working on it.

MSO

MSO,

That is a horror story, but hilarious. I'm actually Taurus, Taurus rising, and it's true, we would probably eat the planet if we were hungry enough, and we don't like to budge if we're comfortable. But watching a 3D movie without glasses, that's just pathological. I would have left her *** right there, popcorn and all. Still, if you have a Taurus on your side, and you're in trouble, you're in good shape, because I know that same part of my fixed nature gives me the strength to walk through a wall, and I mean that, if someone I loved was in trouble and needed my help. Maybe the idea is to a trick a Taurus by luring them away with food, like "I'll feed you if we leave on time." I have to admit, I can be very late if I'm not "feeling the vibe." I'm working on it.

That's hilarious! LOL! You know I always found it comical when I would call her and ask her what she's doing, it was always "eating" or "about to lay down." But I can honestly see her walking through a wall if there was a piece of cake on the other side haha :whistling:

Ooh ... I don't know. Try waiting for a Cappy ... :wink:

I have a Cappy friend. He's eccentric. He wears dress clothes to walk around town (dress pants, button down, vest, tie, blazer). And it has to have a purple tie. But to his credit, for all the weirdness that he manages to emanate, he's never been a slow guy. Usually he puts his earphones in and walks off into the crowd of shoppers. We don't see him until we pass a coffee shop and see him standing around trying to look important. :rightful:

Kannon

I'm interested in a Sagittarius guy, we have been dating for a little while now and I see some long-term potential in our relationship. Recently, I learned that Sagittarius men are very hard to get into a relationship with, due to their independent nature.

I've heard it's extremely important to give a Sagittarius space, and allow them time to explore. I'm more then happy to do this for him, but I just want to make sure, that if I'm putting in effort here, he wont just one day up and and leave me in the dust!

I've attached both our charts. Could you please give me your thoughts on if you think we are compatible? Thanks!

It seems like I may've responded to this before, but maybe I'm not recalling accurately, but I'll be general here.

In my observation over the last decade of doing synastries, inconjunct signs (different elements and qualities) are not bad matches as might be assumed from simple sun sign comparisons. There are 'inconjunct' signs that get along well together, better than usual for different elements: Taurus-Sag, Taurus-Libra. The reason is that Taureans can serve as stabilizers/grounders to those two signs that tend to be less stable, more flighty. The key is in your (the Taurean) approach. DON'T get territorial/possessive. DON'T try to 'get him into a relationship.' Take a subtler approach, patient over the long haul. Make yourself available, become interested in his interests/goals/dreams. Start with friendship. Be true to yourself and keep on with what works for you personally.

In terms of your two charts, notice that he apparently has Moon in Taurus, which should aspect one of your planets by conjunction and/or Parallel. Notice that your Uranus is closely conjunct his Mercury - an aspect that can be considered a 'best friends' aspect. Those are good to have in romantic relationships as well, because they allow you to develop a more psychic understanding - less verbal, more electric. Your Saturn is there too, so make sure you allow enough time for communication that you don't initiate or control. His Chiron is conjunct your Venus - again very good. Your Moon is conjunct his Jupiter. That takes care of both your ruling (sun's) planets. His chart shows 3 Earth Planets. Yours shows 3 Fire planets. What more do you want!

Every relationship has challenges. You're young. Be patient. That's a feature of we Taureans. Outlast the other possible/potential love interests he may have. Put friendship first. Sag types really value friendship, and if you do that you have a chance with any of them.

Good luck :wink:

You could do with producing a synastry bi wheel. I'm a Taurus sun,venus,mercury and was married to Saggi Sun. This is a quincunx signs. ALL quincunx signs are like chalk and cheese, there will always be something that you can't quite get to the bottom of or gel with. My own mother is also Saggi sun and are poles apart to.....

If your time of birth is accurate having planets in 9th house naturally ruled by Saggi will give you this broadminded Saggi feel and interests to.

Your natal moon is conj his sun is excellent indicator of compatibility though

When looking at a woman’s chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

Although synastry is a valuable tool with astrology it cannot 'make things happen' even if you have the best synastry in the world unfortunately..

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry_house_overlays.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry-houses.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastryaspects.html
http://www.cosmitec-astrological-compatibility-advice.com/astrology-marriage.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17513
http://www.astrotheme.com/synastry_advice.php

Claire19

Your Sag guy has a Taurus moon, which is actually a nice combination in men, or so I've found.
Yes a Taurus SUn with a Taurus Moon is a positive connection. One of the best. It makes for stability and loyalty and wanting routine in some ways with material security........Reading generalisations about Sun signs is misleading.......if it were that simple I would have lost interest decades ago.

Claire19

That's hilarious! LOL! You know I always found it comical when I would call her and ask her what she's doing, it was always "eating" or "about to lay down." But I can honestly see her walking through a wall if there was a piece of cake on the other side haha :whistling:

I have a Cappy friend. He's eccentric. He wears dress clothes to walk around town (dress pants, button down, vest, tie, blazer). And it has to have a purple tie. But to his credit, for all the weirdness that he manages to emanate, he's never been a slow guy. Usually he puts his earphones in and walks off into the crowd of shoppers. We don't see him until we pass a coffee shop and see him standing around trying to look important. :rightful:

If he is eccentric he may have neighbouring Aquarian planets???

Claire19

Your Sag guy has a Taurus moon, which is actually a nice combination in men, or so I've found.
Sure the Taurus Moon will give more stability and a sense of material security that may offset the Sagittarian restlessness, curiosity....and wanderlust. Such as taking off around the world in search of learning about other cultures etc and the universal truths. but knowing there is a home to come back to..........

Claire19

Don't know about Sagittarius, but as a Libra I can't bear to be with a Taurus.

"Taurus needs a lot of coaxing to move, to get up, to change." Oh God, unfortunately! There's nothing worse than waiting for a Taurus.

Here's a typical date with my last one (yes, there were many for some reason...):

6pm we leave. Well, actually 7:15 because it took her an hour to get dressed. We walk to the movie theater, only 3 blocks away, took us about 25 minutes. Its a ten minute walk. Then we get into the viewing theater and realize its the wrong one, we went 3D instead of normal. She's too lazy to get up, she says. Forget it. So we watched half a 3D movie without 3D glasses because she didn't feel like moving. Until I lifted her out of her seat, she wouldn't budge. Then she wanted popcorn. Would NOT give up on it. She wanted the biggest tub of popcorn they got, and we only had half a movie to watch.

Somehow it took us longer to get home with her carrying that big tub of popcorn. And in case you're wondering, this girl isn't big/fat. Oh no, very lean. Though strangely heavy.

So yeah, I'm sure you can implant that onto a Sagittarius. Should be pretty much how they view them. Haha.
Off the subject really, not talking about Libra with Taurus. WHere is the connection????
I think you are just venting....:biggrin:

Inside Out Orange

Sure the Taurus Moon will give more stability and a sense of material security that may offset the Sagittarian restlessness, curiosity....and wanderlust. Such as taking off around the world in search of learning about other cultures etc and the universal truths. but knowing there is a home to come back to..........

Actually I used to share a house with a Cancer man. He was dating a woman with Sun Sign sag and Taurus moon. She was as lovely and genuine as they come. Very grounded but honest. She was in her late 30s, two adult kids, one disaster marriage. They seemed very together.

In my experience, sun sign Sag people can be pretty good partners. Once they get past their youth and grow with maturity. I think a lot of it comes down to their moon and mars, and other planets.

I'd probably be more worried about someone who has mars in Sag. I doubt you'll ever tie them down.

MSO

If he is eccentric he may have neighbouring Aquarian planets???

I've never personally met an eccentric Aquarius before :pinched: I know a lot of Aquarius people, and in my experience they're quite the opposite. Unless you consider wearing shorts and flip flops to Wal-Mart at 4 A.M. in the middle of January eccentric?

Off the subject really, not talking about Libra with Taurus. WHere is the connection????
I think you are just venting....:biggrin:

I am venting :whistling: but there is a connection. It's not like Sagittarius is going to have any better of a time with a Taurus than a Libra is. They're both extrovert signs in the second half of the zodiac, an ill-match for an introvert.

But, Sag likes results. Taurus likes eating. :biggrin: There's your connected thought!

Inside Out Orange

I am venting :whistling: but there is a connection. It's not like Sagittarius is going to have any better of a time with a Taurus than a Libra is. They're both extrovert signs in the second half of the zodiac, an ill-match for an introvert.

Sag & Libra are also both 5 signs away from Taurus ... so that's another connective.

queenfluff

LMAO! Of course, he isn't slow.....Time is money. And he can't look sloppy because he has to be "dressed for success" - never know what will happen to you in front of that coffee shop. :D